As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I'll just keep trucking along with my Darkness deck. Love that 'lil guy.

Although I might steal Dover's Anivia deck.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not worried about my crafts -- I'm sitting on a few champ WCs and 40k shards or something like that. I'm just sad because combo is one of my favorite archetypes. :D

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I installed LoL, owned Karthus Bot with Fizz, and uninstalled. The perfect LoL experience. Also I bet Karthus is going to be an annoying card.

• Options
    This Spider deck with the permanent +2+2's is stupid.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    This Spider deck with the permanent +2+2's is stupid.

It's the new hotness alongside Iceborn Poros, so it should taper off soon enough. Lots of decks do well against it and the meta typically rotates around hot decks.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i can't wait for the new cards tomorrow

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    This is only tangentially LoR, but Riot put out a pretty boppin' cinematic for the 2022 League season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYqT0_9VR4

Champs not yet in LoR:
    0:04 Ornn, Freljord demigod like Anivia, associated with fire and blacksmithing, seen in the background of Fabled Poro's art
    0:26 Kai'Sa, Void symbiote super suit
    0:47 (and 0:19 but he's a bit blurry) Olaf, berserker of the Winter's Claw, Sejuani's tribe
    1:29 (in the clouds) Volibear, the lightning Freljord demigod, presumably commanding this group of Ursine Spiritclaws

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Riot has such bad taste in music lol

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Riot has such bad taste in music lol

I think they're awesome :).

• Options
    I'm too intimidated to learn Ahri/Kennen so this week I'm hitting people in the face with 4 drops. It was probably more optimal to go heavier on rallies and do like Taric/Panth, MF Scouts, and Rumble Scouts but I haven't played Scouts in months and Rumble Scouts not at all.

Match Score (3-0)
    Game Score (6-0)

Rumble Draven (3-0, 0 bans)
    CQDACAYEAUAQIBAQAECQUWACAUBQMDIDAEBQEEYUAMAQIJZNGQBACAYECIAQIAYWAMAQGAYPAECQGCIBAUCBI

Shyvana Pantheon (1-0, 2 bans)
    CICQCBAABYBACAAJDIBAGCJTLQBQGAACBMHAGBIJAMDAUAYBAEAA2AICAAAQCAYJAMAQCBAAAI

Sivir Akshan Demacia (2-0, 1 ban)
    CMBQCAIABEAQGAAOAQCAOFC5M6BACBABAEAA6AICAAAQEBAAAIBQIBAHBU3IAAMBAEBQCBAAA4AQIB4KAECACAAGDISSO

Game Notes
    Match 1
    Poppy Zed, Mono Pantheon, Zoe Lee
    I ban Zoe Lee, opponent bans Shyv Panth
    The matchmaking failed to connect after the pick/ban phase and I couldn't reenter the lobby. A good 20 minutes later it popped up that I was awarded a 2-1 win.

Match 2
    Nightfall, Leona Yasuo, Pirates
    I ban Nightfall, opponent bans Sivir Akshan
    Game 1: Rumble Draven (W) v Leona Yasuo
    Game 2: Shyv Panth (W) v Leona Yasuo

Match 3
    Heimer Lux, Ping City, Landmarks
    I ban Heimer Lux, opponent bans Shyv Panth
    Game 1: Rumble Draven (W) v Landmarks
    Game 2: Sivir Akshan (W) v Ping City

Match 4
    Thralls, Plunder, Targon's Peak
    I ban Thralls, opponent bans Shyv Panth
    Game 1: Rumble Draven (W) v Targon's Peak
    Game 2: Sivir Akshan (W) v Targon's Peak

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I ended up spending my accumulated green crystals on a couple of Nami cards just because I wanted to play her in PoC and make a deck with her. I'm on the Bilgewater path so I probably would have gotten her eventually but hey, I'll get all the other Champions from the path now I guess. Or a 3rd Nami.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I was trying out Ahri/Kennen that is 39 Ionia cards and 1 Resolver. I missed my turn 4 Allegiance. :rotate:

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Between spider atrocity and poro atrocity I think I'm just about done with the game until the next patch. It's fucking offensive to play against. I'd rather eat glass.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Between spider atrocity and poro atrocity I think I'm just about done with the game until the next patch. It's fucking offensive to play against. I'd rather eat glass.

I feel you there. Even though Ahri/Kennen and a few others are more powerful, higher win-rate decks, Iceborn Legacy decks just feel unfun to play against.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    It'd be one thing if their "buff all my cards all the time for the rest of the game" spells weren't burst cards but they're burst cards so my response options are hitting the concede button and..... Nope that's it.

• Options
    The poros decks will go away once people go back to playing good decks instead of stuff like mono Shurima or Kindred.

30-70 into Ahri Kennen
    30-70 into Pantheon
    35-65 into Ramble Draven
    35-65 into Pirates
    40-60 into Spiders

It'll actually be unplayable if you wait a couple days/weeks.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    The poros decks will go away once people go back to playing good decks instead of stuff like mono Shurima or Kindred.

30-70 into Ahri Kennen
    30-70 into Pantheon
    35-65 into Ramble Draven
    35-65 into Pirates
    40-60 into Spiders

It'll actually be unplayable if you wait a couple days/weeks.

Yeah, Iceborn Poros is showing up less and less each day. Any fast burst/meme aggro deck is always gonna see play after a patch drops. Eventually the meta shifts to eat those decks up and they go away.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Got my second Last Chance Gauntlet win this week. That's two in total now.

Ran Teemo Burn, Ahri Kennen, and Zombie Anivia. Lost my first match, then went 4-0, only dropping one game. My final match was against a person using 4 champions per deck, proving definitively that there is no MMR applied to Gauntlet.

Weirdly enough, Anivia was the banned in 4 out of my 5 games. I thought for sure Ahri/Kennen would eat the bans, but nope! Wonder why that was...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
  • Options
    Trying to learn Ahri Kennen and jesus christ it's overwhelming. You have like 30 options every turn. Thankfully you can also misplay like crazy and still win between the power of elusives and card draw.

• Options
    I really hate this meta. I hate ninjutsu swapping bullshit, I hate bouncing to prevent removal, I hate burst-buffing all your cards all the time for the whole game, all of the decks I enjoy are unplayable, every new deck that's supposedly good in this meta isn't good for me. I'm just kinda done until there's a shakeup.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I really hate this meta. I hate ninjutsu swapping bullshit, I hate bouncing to prevent removal, I hate burst-buffing all your cards all the time for the whole game, all of the decks I enjoy are unplayable, every new deck that's supposedly good in this meta isn't good for me. I'm just kinda done until there's a shakeup.

Ahri Kennen is apparently so top tier (as Yilias pointed out above) that it's bound to get hit soon. Far too many cheap options and lots of room for error.

The problem is Ionia as a whole is a bit over tuned right now. Twin Discipline needs a change (although I don't know what without killing the card) alongside some of their other spells being too flexible. Of course, the biggest elephant in the room is Elusives and a lack of interacting with them.

Iceborn Poros/Spiders have all but vanished in my games, but the card just feels bad to play against.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Honestly the most busted card in the deck is Sai'nin. If you just force your opponent to 1 for 1 you while you draw 10 more cards than they do you just sort of auto win.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    As a person just looking to start this up later today and give it a try...

What direction would you all say is the best to start off working towards?

The two deck styles I saw that appealed to me the most in the "top meta" were the Ahri/Kennen control style and the Pantheon/Shyv dragons style.

• Options

The two deck styles I saw that appealed to me the most in the "top meta" were the Ahri/Kennen control style and the Pantheon/Shyv dragons style.

It's pretty likely the meta will have changed due to bans by the time you can craft a full deck (and I say this not because it takes a long time to craft a full deck but because balance adjustments have been coming fast) so my recommendation would be to put together some functional stuff out of the cards you have to get your daily wins/quests done in the PvP queues, smack up Labs for the daily wins there, and see what things look like when you have the resources. It should only take a few weeks to have the resources, but it'll feel a lot better to just build the deck in one go than try to struggle through with a half-built version of it.

Ahri/Ken is clearly powerful, but could be hit by bans in the near future. Panth/Sylv is probably the safer choice, but more meta-dependent.

• Options
    What if Elusive only lasted for one turn like Barrier? If you want permanent Elusive units, have them get it at round start or something.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

It's pretty likely the meta will have changed due to bans by the time you can craft a full deck (and I say this not because it takes a long time to craft a full deck but because balance adjustments have been coming fast) so my recommendation would be to put together some functional stuff out of the cards you have to get your daily wins/quests done in the PvP queues, smack up Labs for the daily wins there, and see what things look like when you have the resources. It should only take a few weeks to have the resources, but it'll feel a lot better to just build the deck in one go than try to struggle through with a half-built version of it.

Ahri/Ken is clearly powerful, but could be hit by bans in the near future. Panth/Sylv is probably the safer choice, but more meta-dependent.

Much appreciated!

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Much appreciated!

In general, all the rumors about how generous LoR's economy is are true. If you just play for a while you'll be able to build whatever deck you want, and if you keep playing you'll always be able to rebuild after bans and meta changes.

• Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    What if Elusive only lasted for one turn like Barrier? If you want permanent Elusive units, have them get it at round start or something.

Just let challengers block elusives. Demacia units suddenly good again!

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    My Vault continues to seem like it gives better stuff on off-weeks vs. putting in the time to get everything at least to Platinum.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    My Vault continues to seem like it gives better stuff on off-weeks vs. putting in the time to get everything at least to Platinum.

The upgrades opportunities on everything makes rewards scale upwards on average. There was a clip of GrappLr opening his Vault after taking some time off, earning him a Diamond and two Platinum Chests. He made some offhand remark about having never seen what a Platinum chest gives just as they both upgraded to Diamond chests. His expression and chats comments were pretty funny.

Went 6-1 with Ahri/Kennen then decided to mess around with other decks, promptly falling back to Diamond 4. The meta seems all over the place, with lots of different decks that are focused on punishing other decks. Ahri/Kennen has no real weaknesses, with it's worst match-up like a 40/60.

Bounced around a bit before landing on some FTR. I just think that Control decks are my jam.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Finished my Masters climb.

Played Ahri Kennen to D2 then MF Scouts for the rest. Ahri Kennen is the better deck in a vaccum, but Scouts is significantly less demanding and the meta is mega favorable with all the free wins from the SI control piles that people are playing.

• Options
    Nice job Yilias! I just threw together my Gauntlet decks for this week: Teemo Burn, Lurk, and Mistwraiths. The trick is that the Mistwraith deck is disguised as Zombie Anivia (SI/FR with 1 Anivia), so I'm hoping people will make incorrect bans to play into it or around it.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    So I played around a bit more. Maybe my experience has been unusual but it's been a rough start. In the story mode, my deck was packed with buffed up 10/5 1-drops and every match was trivial. Then I unlocked PvP, hit play, and .... After two minutes the game put me in another AI match. After a few failed PvP matches I went back to other games.

The upside is that I started watching Arcane, thinking that if I know more about the world the game will be more interesting to play, and Arcane is great.

• Options
    Airking850 wrote: »
    So I played around a bit more. Maybe my experience has been unusual but it's been a rough start. In the story mode, my deck was packed with buffed up 10/5 1-drops and every match was trivial. Then I unlocked PvP, hit play, and .... After two minutes the game put me in another AI match. After a few failed PvP matches I went back to other games.

The upside is that I started watching Arcane, thinking that if I know more about the world the game will be more interesting to play, and Arcane is great.

Yeah, PvP is quite different than PvE. I enjoy bouncing between them when one gets dull or frustrating. I've read that Arcane has been a big "portal" experience to other Riot games, especially LoR. I guess that's the plan with all the new Riot games sharing a universe in order to cross pollinate their lore across a bunch of games looking to get people to try their other titles.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Even with riot influx there probably isn't that many new players to match with at any one time, so your just going to get stomped some matches

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    The good news is that they've designed the game to avoid new players getting stomped. The bad news is that they do this by pairing new players up against AI if there are no other players near their skill level, which isn't very exciting.

• Options
    Well I went 0-2 in my Gauntlet this week. Hit a bad match-up, losing 0-2. Only to queue into the same person again for another quick 0-2. Super duper sad face. :(

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I've hit my breaking point with matchups against Ahri Kennen decks. Can someone please recommend a few decks that are direct counters?

• Options
    Ahri Kennen only has one playable hard counter, Spiders, which is a 29/71 matchup. Spiders has a pretty binary matchup spread though, it'll also stomp Pantheon but get rolled by SI control decks in turn. This makes it a fairly risky deck to play when people are also trying to soft counter AK with SI control.

Spiders
    CECACAQDAMBQCBJHGU4AGAYFAMCAMBIBAMBAYDZIG4AQCAQDAQBACAIDDEAQIBIM

There are a number of matchups around 55/45. The best is the Go Hard version of Ahri Kennen, which is 57/43 into the Absolver version and also has much better aggro matchups in general.

AK GH
    CQDACAYCAUAQGBIQAECAEDYBAUFDUAQFAICAOBABAIFQYLBSAQAQCARRAEBAEBIBAMBBIAIFAIKQEAICAIFACAYCBE

Your other 55/45 options would be Scouts, FTR, or Kindred PnZ stuff.

MF Scouts
    CIDACAYABYAQIAACAECQMAICAIAAEBQDAIDBMOR6AQAQABQJDUZQCAQCAADQSAA

FTR
    CECACBABBYBAGAIGCYBQCAIDCQZAIAIFAEJR2KACAEAQKGIDAEAQCDBHAEBACBIPEE

Scathus Kindred
    CQCACAIEGQAQIBIFAIAQKAJIAICQKCYPAQAQEBAIAECQU5YDAECBWHZQAUAQKEYZDUQTCAICAECTKNQ

There's also a handful of 50/50 options; namely Darkness and Drumble.

Darkness
    CQBQCAIFFAAQKBIJA4CQUAJZLVPGFJQBV4AQIAIBAUOQCAYFCAAQKCQ2AECQKCACAICQUMORAEBQCBIPCQXA

Drumble
    CQDACBAECAAQKCSYAIBQIBISAICQGBQNAMAQGAQTCQBQCBBHFU2ACAIBAMFQEAIFAMEQCBIECQ

And yes, the fact that your best option against the deck is to play a teched mirror is very telling about it's power level. For what it's worth, my seasonal lineup will likely be AK GH, MF Scouts, and either Drumble or Scathus Kindred.