As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I wonder why they bothered leaving SMN with a heal, when it doesn't even really work. It says 400 potency (that I assume is mind based, but it doesn't limit RDM), but it seems like it only heals 400hp, ever.

At least make it on par with a base vercure? It's not like SMN is in danger of being a backup healer like RDM, in a pinch; but maybe they could have something that could heal you a bit more than the damage you're going to take during the cast time?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah like I get keeping it in the kit due to the nature of both starting for Arcanist, but it's weird that it literally never changes. Make it change into like a defensive cooldown for the SMN or something I dunno.

liEt3nH.png
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I wonder why they bothered leaving SMN with a heal, when it doesn't even really work. It says 400 potency (that I assume is mind based, but it doesn't limit RDM), but it seems like it only heals 400hp, ever.

At least make it on par with a base vercure? It's not like SMN is in danger of being a backup healer like RDM, in a pinch; but maybe they could have something that could heal you a bit more than the damage you're going to take during the cast time?

IMO, either make it actually function as a proper cure spell, or just remove it and add a new utility CD.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    text from the GF just now:
    Honey, what is "emet"?
    Is it related to FFXIV?

She's almost entirely outside the gaming social media scene so her risk of running into spoilers has been low. Hell, she's halfway through Stormblood and still hasn't even seen the trailer for it. But she mentioned in a FB group how FFXIV has provided her with an escape from stress, and someone replied they also play, and spent too much money on "emet merch".

I told her only not to google it, as it's a huge spoiler.

Tangentially related, getting around in Othard sucks ass. The aetheryte positions in the Ruby Sea and Yanxia are the worst.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I should prolly get some emet merch tbh

anyone know any good emet merch

the hardest part about getting shit is figuring out if the item you're looking at is actually giving money to the artist or if a bot just slapped their shit on a mug

liEt3nH.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    The Fending version has one arm armored, I think.
    It does.
    cGj3Z40.jpg

the hardest part about getting shit is figuring out if the item you're looking at is actually giving money to the artist or if a bot just slapped their shit on a mug

yeah which is why most of the weird stuff I end up with I buy when I see it posted by the artist rather than go googling for a subject I'm interested, but that means I end up with random stuff like the NERV logo except it's ACAB shirt, but not necessarily stuff specific to what I'm currently hype about
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    The Fending version has one arm armored, I think.
    It does.
    cGj3Z40.jpg

you can see all the neo-ishgardian sets here.

eorzea collection is a great website when it's up to date... which it last was in like 5.4 so right now it's merely an OK website

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    What do you mean by up to date? All the new items are on there and people post hundreds of glamours a day.

The Gearset list hasn't been updated since 5.3. You can see glams and what items they use, but if you just want to browse everything that's out there it's far behind.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Yeah I just noticed recently that the Yorha Type-55 stuff isn't there at all

Yeah all the sites that let people post what they've created have generally stayed functional, but everything that has sought to be a database of references for what items there are and what they look like have either shuttered or stopped being updated.

liEt3nH.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I had no idea, I generally just use the site to reference people's designs to get inspiration. I don't know what I'd do with a full database, I don't think it'd be that useful for creating glamours because there's just so many items.

Sometimes I'll browse through it for inspo. It's nice because I can filter it to guarantee it's not going to show me something from Eureka or dyeable 80 AF gear.

but yeah saying eorzea collection is merely "ok" is unfair. It's a great website that could be greater-er.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Yeah all the sites that let people post what they've created have generally stayed functional, but everything that has sought to be a database of references for what items there are and what they look like have either shuttered or stopped being updated.

Garland Tools is still updated, I believe. That's what I'll use to look at items. It's only really good for looking for things you find in other places, aka it's a great tool to look for something you already know about. or saw a name in game and wanted to check it.

steam_sig.png
    Underrated feature of Garland Tools is that most NPCs are created using player character creation codes, which means for most non-major story NPCs, if you like a particular NPC a lot you can look up their codes to recreate them as a retainer or whatever.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    fyner53lkdm8.png

Omni healer status attained!

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Underrated feature of Garland Tools is that most NPCs are created using player character creation codes, which means for most non-major story NPCs, if you like a particular NPC a lot you can look up their codes to recreate them as a retainer or whatever.

There are exceptions of course. Admiral Merlwyb is the one I know does exist.

And no, I'm not bitter that you can't ever make an exact copy of her with the character creator. Ok no, that's a lie. I'm pretty bitter.

steam_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    It's nice that Endwalker rile quests kind of
    tie up some loose ends in the city states.
    But at the same time it's a bit annoying that
    they all occur in isolation of each other, regardless of order, and you kind of have to relearn basic details about the blasphemies every time, and your character doesn't point out "yeah it's bad vibes, so look for that and get on it."

It's not a huge deal, but it seemed like ShB was better about internal consistency in that regard.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

And no, I'm not bitter that you can't ever make an exact copy of her with the character creator. Ok no, that's a lie. I'm pretty bitter.

She definitely qualifies as a major story NPC

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Squirrel just bouncing along for the ride.

Not really sure what to title this one. Maybe some sort of combat trainer for the Students of Baldesion, or something.

rrm7e4n2gk9n.png

3856de7akec7.png

wl8s9cpczu6y.png

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Most of the main city big leader characters have extra cool custom models yeah
    Made me think Raubahn was a roegadyn for most of ARR though lol

BahamutZERO.gif
    The Namazu beast tribe quests are... very good.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Which beast tribes should you start with? I have access to the original five and the Heavensward two (so Amal’ja, Ixal, Kobold, Sahagin, Sprite, Moogle, Vanu), and 12 quests a day means two full tribes a day…

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ixal and moogle is going to be crafting.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    There is a third Beast Tribe for Heavensward.

Doing all 5 of the ARR beast tribes unlocks a questline that can be very enjoyable. Especially since it expands on the stories you play through while ranking up each of the tribes. The same thing happens after you finish the 3 Heavensward and Stormblood tribes.

I found myself doing 3 quests a day for the four combat focused tribes in ARR until I finished them and then I was ranking up Ixal and the two HW Combat tribes. Once I reached 50 with a crafting skill I started adding Moogle quests as well. A DPS waiting in the queue for roulettes and chosen dungeons have a lot of time to do Beast Tribe quests.

There are quicker ways to level crafting but doing the Ixal quests meant I was also gaining access to a vendor that sold dyes, minions and a mount.

Ah, I forgot about the Vath.

steam_sig.png
    Switched over to my archer and just... okay, I'm going from 1-minute queues on my healer to 15-minute ones. They need to do something about the goddamned queues DPS face.

I'm in the mood to do some experimenting, so I'm going to play the game the way the devs intended- I'm doing every single quest and hunting log and everything as it comes up, to level. When I hit dungeons, I want to keep doing them until I get the full equipment set from them. Playing like this, well... I want to see how soon it'll take me to hit max level- I imagine if I keep grinding shit, I'll end up topping out about, what, halfway through Stormblood? My healer hasn't even reached Stormblood yet and they've already hit 71...

steam_sig.png
    Devs can't fix the fact that people are afraid to play healers and tanks.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I got my WAR to 80 tonight and that might be one of my favorite class quests. Definitely the funniest and it's a shame there won't be any continuation of the romance as the class stories are now considered complete.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    The 4-person party system doesn’t help much though. The 2:1 ratio of tanks/healers to dps in most content leads to the bottleneck being worse than it is in other games. It’s why Alliance roulettes are just about the only thing that’s ever dps in need

Javen on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    As you get to higher levels the dps queue starts to get better since you have more dungeons available to you.

More then once I have had a short queue as DPS because three others have been waiting for someone high enough level.

It still sucks if you’re trying to dungeon grind to level up.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Unfortunately, the root cause is always either "we need more tanks/healers" or "we need fewer DPS".

That, or more PotD-style content where party composition matters less.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Worth seeing if a 'dungeon grind' PF would work too instead of just hard queuing the highest you can do. Dunno how successful that might be.

Yeah, they're basically doing all they can already to incentivize tanks and healers.

I made 4 million gil last week from selling materia. All of that came from the "Role in Need" bonus cracked clusters I got while leveling my healing jobs.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I made 4 million gil last week from selling materia. All of that came from the "Role in Need" bonus cracked clusters I got while leveling my healing jobs.

Woops, I should maybe do something with that clusterfuck pile I have.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    If I went by the prices I sold for on patch day, each role in need run is worth a bonus 40k from the materia clusters.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited January 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    If I went by the prices I sold for on patch day, each role in need run is worth a bonus 40k from the materia clusters.

Sounds pretty subjective by server then.

On Faerie, I was selling Savage Might X for 45-50k last week, and Heaven's Eye IX for 20k last week. Prices have dropped substantially this week and I won't be able to get anywhere near that 4mil again. But those were last week's prices during Savage week.

So on Faerie, a Role in Need bonus was worth about 90k.

Lucascraft on
This discussion has been closed.