As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    forty wrote: »
    The handful of times I tried to do duels, it seems like I'd never get offered a class I wanted, and then I'd get offered buckets/treasures with no real synergy, and then get blown out by people with crazy deck/power synergy. I'm sure it's fun when you get the nuts, but I never got to experience that and have been completely soured on the mode.

Edit: I have an assload of arena/duels tickets stacked up (I think the display caps at "9+") since I basically never do them anymore, and I only just start an arena run each time there's an arena rotation for the free pack at the next rotation.

That, and the whole reliance on needing to build The Meta Build from the initial 12 cards (which like.... yknow, not really a fan of, I much preferred the way they did dungeon runs). Especially since those aren't as easy to find over like, Constructed lists and all. I've played a few times. It can be fun, but also frustrating as fuck, and sometimes you just get blown out by RNG and it's like, welp, that's fair and balanced. Losses don't feel the same as they do in Arena, most of the time. They feel like "Wow, my offerings were shit and I got ass-blasted by the luckiest mfer on the planet who got all the best buckets and treasures, that sure is Fun"

Arena, at least, requires some skill in deck drafting and knowing how to pilot the deck you end up creating and all. And yeah sure, that too can be a bit RNG reliant ("wow my offerings were shit and they have a god-tier deck"), but at least it's like, even footing for the most part, yknow.

They're both pretty bleh modes at the end of the day and honestly I'm not sure why Duels has a Casual mode and Arena doesn't. I actually kinda like the gameplay of Arena, but having it cost Gold each time sucks. Give me a casual mode with no rewards.

Also confirmation that battlegrounds is the real game?

ALWAYS HAS BEEN

edit: Yknow what is surprising though, that Mercs PVP is lower than PVE. PVE has like nothing to offer, imo, it's just Grind For The Sake Of Grind, and there's really no legs to that mode. You'd think at least, yknow, PVP has some actual replayability and variance, but Mercs in general was pretty shit, so.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    How the heck you gonna do Mercs PVP without doing a bunch of PVE first?

liEt3nH.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    edit: Yknow what is surprising though, that Mercs PVP is lower than PVE. PVE has like nothing to offer, imo, it's just Grind For The Sake Of Grind, and there's really no legs to that mode. You'd think at least, yknow, PVP has some actual replayability and variance, but Mercs in general was pretty shit, so.
    It's probably because people feel like they have to max out a whole roster of meta mercs to be able to put up a fight in PvP, and that takes an insane amount of PvE (or spending) to do, and people probably just get bored of the whole thing in general before they even get to the point of bothering with PvP.

Also they make you waste 100 gold just to unlock the ability to do PvP lul this mode.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    This honor thing was cool at first, but it's a fucking grind.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    There's no rewards for honor except the legendary at the very end, right?

The legendary at the end, and then as you go through copies of the priest, hunter, paladin, warrior, mage, and druid "objective" spells

liEt3nH.png
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Cutelock sure is a thing. A silly, silly thing, best suited for people who are frightened and confused by having more than four mana crystals.

avnc18sg3r3g.jpeg

# 2x (0) Desk Imp
    # 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
    # 2x (0) Raise Dead
    # 2x (0) Ritual of Doom
    # 2x (0) Snowflipper Penguin
    # 2x (0) Wisp
    # 2x (1) Grim Rally
    # 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
    # 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
    # 2x (1) Soulfire
    # 1x (1) The Soularium
    # 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
    # 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
    # 2x (2) Expired Merchant
    # 1x (4) Frostwolf Warmaster
    # 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan

Code: AAEBAavABAKPggPepAQOswHOB7y2AuLKAvLQAtyGA/2kA7W5A9fOA8/RA9XRA9DhA43nA9ugBAA=

So, that’s Wild Legend for the month out of the way. . .

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    How the heck you gonna do Mercs PVP without doing a bunch of PVE first?
    forty wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    It's probably because people feel like they have to max out a whole roster of meta mercs to be able to put up a fight in PvP, and that takes an insane amount of PvE (or spending) to do, and people probably just get bored of the whole thing in general before they even get to the point of bothering with PvP.

Also they make you waste 100 gold just to unlock the ability to do PvP lul this mode.

legit forgot this was a thing, thanks for reminding me how mercs is even shittier

thanks i hate it

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Okay if you can get a discount on smite and scabbs (or a double discount on one) and then a third discount on any combo card you can do scabbs -> hp -> smite -> raider for 10 to neutralize any taunts

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    trying out poison rogue with gnolls/maestra

seems okay, less reach but the early 0 mana chillwind yetis are very good

There's no rewards for honor except the legendary at the very end, right?
    You get other golden rare cards for progressing through the ranks, and in addition to the legendary at the end you also unlock a Class Tier 1 armor portrait of your choice (i.e., the reward you normally get for finishing the rewards track). So it's mostly cosmetics since you'll probably have the normal versions of all the rares if you're enough of a Standard player that you buy at least 50 or so packs anyway.

The golden cards are of course not disenchantable. I don't know if that will change in 2023 when they rotate.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I had the most amazing luck in a ranked game today. Playing against a Mage, I had 2 Parleys in hand on turn 5 so I used them both and snagged their Mordresh AND their Dawngrasp hero card. Two stolen legendaries in one turn.

So... supposedly Alliance won the honor grind thing? At some point we'll get Diamond Vanndar then?

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Hang on - the losing side is getting both Legends and the winning side is getting two copies of one?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    You get all 3 if you finish the honor track, but short term the losers benefit.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’m so tired of playing against pirate warrior. It’s not crazy to fight against, I’m just tired of the already-good board tempo leading to a turn 7 Mr smite and 5 attack weapon.

I did my arduous grind to dad legend with Pirate Warrior. It would not surprise me to see it nerfed.

The cheesiest wins definitely come from getting a random Gorehowl and having 8+ mana to dump out Smite and a Bloodsail Raider for 22+ (and whatever random pirate popped out) damage out of nowhere to win an otherwise lost game.

Pirate Warrior is in a weird place where its winrate drops like a rock once you get to high ranks. It's the most linear and straightforward deck the game has maybe ever seen, and there is a direct correlation between how much skill you have at the game and how easy you find defeating it. At that point, its only outs are the highroll random turns from the Juggernaut, but when it high rolls, it high rolls.

liEt3nH.png
    Decks that get nerfed don't always perform well at the high ranks. Supposedly spell Mage was a recent example.

It's basically going to come down to if Blizzard decides it messes up the play experience too much for the unwashed masses.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Cutelock sure is a thing. A silly, silly thing, best suited for people who are frightened and confused by having more than four mana crystals.

avnc18sg3r3g.jpeg

# 2x (0) Desk Imp
    # 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
    # 2x (0) Raise Dead
    # 2x (0) Ritual of Doom
    # 2x (0) Snowflipper Penguin
    # 2x (0) Wisp
    # 2x (1) Grim Rally
    # 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
    # 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
    # 2x (1) Soulfire
    # 1x (1) The Soularium
    # 2x (1) Wicked Whispers
    # 2x (2) Boneweb Egg
    # 2x (2) Expired Merchant
    # 1x (4) Frostwolf Warmaster
    # 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan

Code: AAEBAavABAKPggPepAQOswHOB7y2AuLKAvLQAtyGA/2kA7W5A9fOA8/RA9XRA9DhA43nA9ugBAA=

So, that’s Wild Legend for the month out of the way. . .
    Gave this a try, and when it goes off, it's definitely fun. Feels like it's easy to not get the +1/+1 cards early enough, and then you either have no board or just some 1/1s for them to clean up. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to play it yet.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Gave this a try, and when it goes off, it's definitely fun. Feels like it's easy to not get the +1/+1 cards early enough, and then you either have no board or just some 1/1s for them to clean up. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to play it yet.

I don't have Soularium so I threw in a Power Overwhelming. It added some additional reach plus you can always Ritual of Doom your target.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited January 2022
    Pirate Warrior doesn't even faze me now as a rogue player

They will quest on 1 then shit out pirates every single turn until they can slam down rokara which means that every single one of their turns is highly telegraphed and you can prepare accordingly

Keep removal for the cannoneer, easily the most threatening card in the entire deck

Don't play a 3 health minion on 3 that they can sword eater into on 4

Don't play a bunch of 2 health stuff that the second quest completion can remove for free

Actually pressure their ass so they can't just play rokara for free, force them to throw off their game plan to not die then kill them anyway

The last five games I have recorded vs pirate warrior I either killed them the turn before or the turn they played rokara

Beasteh on
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-218/

Rogue stonks continue, approaching 50% playrate at high legend. At 55% winrate into the field that means a 60% winrate into non-Rogue

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Best comment in the article:
    “At legend, you are now more likely to run into a rogue disguised as a priest than an actual priest”

Runner up:
    “At high legend, quest priest is better than quest warrior. Congrats on being the top of tier 4”

I always knew Cloak of Shadows was a mistake.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    cloak into cloak into scabbs is really funny. For me anyway

The face is the place -> NO TOUCHING

Phyphor on
    The funniest part of Scabbs is when you flood the board with deathrattles during the Cloak turns and then when they play Scabbs you still have a board and they sit there pondering their mistakes for a couple seconds.

edited January 2022
    my favourite thing is how people in top legend always ALWAYS have scabbs for turn 7

they are just better at drawing him

Beasteh on
    Yilias wrote: »
    The funniest part of Scabbs is when you flood the board with deathrattles during the Cloak turns and then when they play Scabbs you still have a board and they sit there pondering their mistakes for a couple seconds.
    What deck is doing that these days?

Afaik the only DR deck right now is DRDH.

Patch with balance changes on the 25th, I have checked out of standard until then because holy shit poison rogue meta is unfun

Really love how the questline animations take forever and block user action.

microsoft just bought acti-blizz

liEt3nH.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Well, I guess that's one way to solve Acti-Blizz's problems.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    On the one hand: Hahahaha, lol what.

On the other: I can't say I'm a big fan of the future where all video game development studios are owned by one of 2-3 global mega-corporations (but also this is the very literal, definite, 100%-gonna-happen future that will arrive in a couple of years, so not much point in willfully struggling against it).

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with Hearthstone. I just had a rogue game where he purposely filled my board with mostly trogs, that I was able to buff up, and because he was able to stealth twice and buff his weapon up to 5, and get his garrote out and draw 1 bleed and the other came out in the swap the hand card, he had taken me out by the time he had 6 mana, and I had him by turn 3. The fact they aren't fixing it this week is ridiuclous. I just want to do my stupid 5 ranked quests and forget the game exists until I have more quests.

camo_sig.png
    In a pinch I'd recommend Ranked Wild to get that quest done if Rogues have got you down. You won't see many of them in Wild, and if you're in Bronze you shouldn't be facing nothing but T1 decks.

Just logged in and got 5600 dust?? Wow.

Looks like it's something they'll officially announce tomorrow - they're rolling out dust for some of the issues that have happened with uncraftables/quest reward card drops like alterac honour stuff? But also some people are getting more than intended and it's eating the cards it's for???

liEt3nH.png