As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    So I was informed that apparently players in JP PFs are disappointed in you if you show up to higher savage tiers and you didn't bother to put in the work get the maximum pentamelded armor that you could. As in 580 blues are considered okay enough for P1S and P2S but if you show up to P3S without fully-melded greens in non-600 slots, you're not carrying your weight. So, about 8 million gil later, I'm maxed out on materia and the DPS calculator spreadsheet said I went from a potential of 4736.5 before to 4892.5 after. Interested in seeing if this was good enough now, I went out to Stone, Sky, Sea and attempted the P4S training dummy. And it actually worked, once.
    BV1LqPe.jpg

I did it without any food buffs or tinctures used, so I wondered how much faster I could get it done if I used both of those. Turns out the timer kept running out at 1-2% left. Which seems counterintuitive; increasing firepower ought to make the clear more comfortable, but I can't tell if I had an extremely lucky run of crits on the first attempt, if I messed up the optimal rotation too badly on the follow-up attempts, or if Stone, Sky, Sea just ignores food and potion buffs as an undocumented feature of the test.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Note that the stone sea sky dummies are often hilariously mistuned, and mostly only good for resetting cooldowns to practice your opener without having to wait 2 minutes every time.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Perhaps in the sense that they give every class slightly different HP values on their boss dummies. A SSS calculator site says that if I cleared it at all with 0 seconds left on the clock, then I did at least 4790 DPS, which would be just slightly above the median for what PLDs in groups getting a P4S clear are doing. As far as that goes, it seems tuned okay-ish.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    SSS is how much dps you'll be expected to do in the actual fight. It counts things like food and potions, but doesn't count things like the passive stat increases for having one of each role in a party, or having raid buffs from other jobs during burst windows.

Javen on
  • Options
    Also, I kind of agree with the 'you're more likely to be a liability if you're attempting p3s in PF without pentamelded gear'. It's certainly possible, but this early on the dps check is still very real, and would most likely require the difference be made up elsewhere, and other people picking up the slack, which is far from guaranteed in a party of randoms.

p1s is fine to go in with whatever.
    p2s is possible but will likely be tighter than 1
    p3s is theoretically possible but more likely going to be a wall
    p4s you're actively being inconsiderate if you try going in without multiple raid drops and/or fully pentamelded gear

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yeah, they're basically doing all they can already to incentivize tanks and healers.

I made 4 million gil last week from selling materia. All of that came from the "Role in Need" bonus cracked clusters I got while leveling my healing jobs.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm terrible at remembering to trade in my cracked clusters and had tons of them sitting in my bags.

Numi on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Also, I kind of agree with the 'you're more likely to be a liability if you're attempting p3s in PF without pentamelded gear'. It's certainly possible, but this early on the dps check is still very real, and would most likely require the difference be made up elsewhere, and other people picking up the slack, which is far from guaranteed in a party of randoms.

p1s is fine to go in with whatever.
    p2s is possible but will likely be tighter than 1
    p3s is theoretically possible but more likely going to be a wall
    p4s you're actively being inconsiderate if you try going in without multiple raid drops and/or fully pentamelded gear

Which is pretty reasonable given that it's week two, so full clearing is still kind of a big deal. If you wait a few weeks to do your reclears and get tomestone gear you'll be able to replace enough pieces that pentamelding is significantly less important.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Let's talk about Black Mage for a minute.

I'm leveling it now. Currently 56, so while I don't have the whole kit unlocked, I'd say I've got the bread and butter of it at this point.

There are really a few questions I have. I'm not sure I'm playing the class right. I feel like I'm missing some key important fact, because I don't understand the existence of a few abilities. Here's what I'm doing, and please tell me if this is wrong.

1) Open with Lightning or Group Lightning
    2) Spam Fire 3 or Fire 2, depending on single or multi-target, till I run out of mana or close enough to 0 that I can't cast Fire 3 anymore.
    3) Click my phase swap spell, which turns my 3 fire orbs into 1 ice orb.
    4) Cast Blizzard 3 for one or two casts until my mana ticks back to full.
    5) Refresh Lightning as needed, resume casting Fire 3 once my mana is back to full

For doing roulette content where my level might be sync'd, I obviously still need to keep Fire 1 and Blizzard 1 on my bar. For low level content. But I don't see a need to ever cast those spells if I'm sync'd high enough that I can cast Fire 3/Blizzard 3. Those earlier spells seem completely redundant after unlocking the higher level versions. I can't take them entirely off my bar because of level sync. But for high/max level content, I don't feel that I need them.

It also seems like Ice phase lasts only two casts at most. On single target, I can phase swap and cast one or two Blizzard 3's and be back to full mana super quickly. I mean I guess Fire phase also only lasts like 3 casts. I can only cast maybe three Fire 3's before I'm out of mana. So the rotation is like three Fire 3's, phase swap, two Blizzard 3's, back to Fire.

I realize that the MP cost and cast time of Fire 3 and Blizzard 3 are higher than Fire 1 and Blizzard 1. But aside from maybe niche circumstances where you know ahead of time you don't have time to hard-cast a Fire 3, why would you ever cast Fire 1? I also haven't really found a great need for Freeze. I understand why it exists. It's more powerful than Blizzard 2, but you can only cast it while you have ice orbs. But the thing is, Ice phase is so short that realistically, I only need 1, maybe 2 cast of Freeze ever, before I'm back to full mana and can switch back to Fire 2 in AoE situations. I hit my phase swap, converting my 3 fire orbs to 1 ice orb when I'm low on mana. This enables me to cast Freeze immediately, without needing to cast Blizzard 2 first. So actually I guess my question is backwards. After unlocking Freeze, why does Blizzard 2 continue to exist? I can just hit the phase swap button to instantly have 1 orb, which means I literally never need to cast Blizzard 2. I can go Fire 2 spam -> Phase Swap -> Freeze spam to full mana.

Sorry for not knowing the correct name of the swap button. And the phase swap is 0 mana, and an instant action off the GCD, so I see no reason to ever not use it. Faster to convert my 3 fire orbs to 1 frost orb and then immediately jump into Blizzard 3 spam or Freeze spam, cutting out the need to waste a cast time on Blizzard 1 or Blizzard 2.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Let's talk about Black Mage for a minute.

I'm leveling it now. Currently 56, so while I don't have the whole kit unlocked, I'd say I've got the bread and butter of it at this point.

There are really a few questions I have. I'm not sure I'm playing the class right. I feel like I'm missing some key important fact, because I don't understand the existence of a few abilities. Here's what I'm doing, and please tell me if this is wrong.

1) Open with Lightning or Group Lightning
    2) Spam Fire 3 or Fire 2, depending on single or multi-target, till I run out of mana or close enough to 0 that I can't cast Fire 3 anymore.
    3) Click my phase swap spell, which turns my 3 fire orbs into 1 ice orb.
    4) Cast Blizzard 3 for one or two casts until my mana ticks back to full.
    5) Refresh Lightning as needed, resume casting Fire 3 once my mana is back to full

For doing roulette content where my level might be sync'd, I obviously still need to keep Fire 1 and Blizzard 1 on my bar. For low level content. But I don't see a need to ever cast those spells if I'm sync'd high enough that I can cast Fire 3/Blizzard 3. Those earlier spells seem completely redundant after unlocking the higher level versions. I can't take them entirely off my bar because of level sync. But for high/max level content, I don't feel that I need them.

It also seems like Ice phase lasts only two casts at most. On single target, I can phase swap and cast one or two Blizzard 3's and be back to full mana super quickly. I mean I guess Fire phase also only lasts like 3 casts. I can only cast maybe three Fire 3's before I'm out of mana. So the rotation is like three Fire 3's, phase swap, two Blizzard 3's, back to Fire.

I realize that the MP cost and cast time of Fire 3 and Blizzard 3 are higher than Fire 1 and Blizzard 1. But aside from maybe niche circumstances where you know ahead of time you don't have time to hard-cast a Fire 3, why would you ever cast Fire 1? I also haven't really found a great need for Freeze. I understand why it exists. It's more powerful than Blizzard 2, but you can only cast it while you have ice orbs. But the thing is, Ice phase is so short that realistically, I only need 1, maybe 2 cast of Freeze ever, before I'm back to full mana and can switch back to Fire 2 in AoE situations. I hit my phase swap, converting my 3 fire orbs to 1 ice orb when I'm low on mana. This enables me to cast Freeze immediately, without needing to cast Blizzard 2 first. So actually I guess my question is backwards. After unlocking Freeze, why does Blizzard 2 continue to exist? I can just hit the phase swap button to instantly have 1 orb, which means I literally never need to cast Blizzard 2. I can go Fire 2 spam -> Phase Swap -> Freeze spam to full mana.

Sorry for not knowing the correct name of the swap button. And the phase swap is 0 mana, and an instant action off the GCD, so I see no reason to ever not use it. Faster to convert my 3 fire orbs to 1 frost orb and then immediately jump into Blizzard 3 spam or Freeze spam, cutting out the need to waste a cast time on Blizzard 1 or Blizzard 2.

oh boy. You are doing this very very wrong. Do the math on Fire 3 on potency/cast time vs fire 1. Fire 1 wins by a landslide.

Ok so: Fire3/Bliz3's sole purpose is to move from ice to fire or fire to ice, or when you have a fire starter proc from casting fire 1, since it makes F3 instant cast and free.

Your main rotation at this low a level is just: open with bliz 3->use thunder 3->fire 3->spam fire and use fire starter when it's up->bliz 3 and repeat.

Once you get Fire 4 at 60, your rotation changes, you do Bliz3->thunder3->bliz4->fire3->3fire 4s->fire 1->3 fire 4s->bliz 3.

Once you get foul at 70, you add it in when you swap to ice.

Once you get despair at 72, you use it before you bliz 3, since you'll have mp for it, but not enough for fire 4.

Once you get xenoglossy at 80, you use that instead of foul for single target.

Once you get paradox at 90, you use that in ice phase once, and in fire phase it replaces your fire 1.

For AOE:

Bliz2->Freeze(once you get umbral hearts. I dont' remember the level that is)->thunder 4->Fire 2->Fire 2->Flare -> Flare->repeat.

Add in foul once you get it during the ice phase.

That's the simple version.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Black Mage is the best available example on why they can't just keep piling on new things onto existing jobs and absolutely NEED to address it from the bottom up, which...they don't have a great track record for doing in general. They've done a truly terrible job at making the changes through the levels in any way intuitive, or allowing players to learn how to play a job as they level it. It's why most people have no idea what they're doing when they DO hit the cap on a job.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    Black Mage is the best available example on why they can't just keep piling on new things onto existing jobs and absolutely NEED to address it from the bottom up, which...they don't have a great track record for doing in general. They've done a truly terrible job at making the changes through the levels in any way intuitive, or allowing players to learn how to play a job as they level it. It's why most people have no idea what they're doing when they DO hit the cap on a job.

the changes to blm recently I feel make it make sense from bottom up, but it's definitely something where you have to read what the abilities do, and then think about how it changes what you were doing before, instead of just "here's a new button to add to your rotation."

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Why do you open a rotation with Blizzard 3 if you already have full mana?

Why Blizz 3 into Thunder 3? Why not just open with Thunder 3?

And why don't you use the phase swap move when it's essentially a free action? Wouldn't that save a GCD from the beginning of ice phase (and also save a GCD from the beginning of a new fire phase)?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Black Mage just isn't an intuitive class to build the rotation for. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that, but it functions great once you understand it. In general I think they do a good job with using expansions for mini-revamps rather than vertical power progression. Most existing classes got one or two new buttons that are more for look and feel than job complexity.

• Options
    edited January 2022

And why don't you use the phase swap move when it's essentially a free action? Wouldn't that save a GCD from the beginning of ice phase?

When you're in astral fire 3/umbral ice 3, your opposite elemental spell casts much faster with a much shorter gcd.

Ice 3 restores like 75% of your mp in one tick, while ice 1 is only 25%. This lets you get through ice phase much faster, since you're only in it for 1 gcd. If you transposed at the end of fire, you'd have to cast a long cast fire 3 instead of a short one to swap back to fire, and you're sitting in ice longer than you need to.

In Ice 3, you'll get blizzard 4 which gets you umbral hearts. These make fire spells cost less mp (3 hearts are gained from Bliz 4 so 3 fire spells cost less mp), this lets you cast extra fire 4s (once you get that spell at 60) during fire, which is where most of your damage is.

In the long run you can start your single target rotation with fire 3, but that requires you to use sharp cast and triple cast etc., and I just wanted to explain the easy rotation.

Once you complete your first fire phase you'd still be back to the ice form->fire form rotation.

The full level 90 rotation (discounting the opener, this is just when you're doing the standard rotation)

Bliz3->Thunder 3->paradox->bliz 4->fire3->sharp cast->fire 4x3->paradox->fire4->fire 3->triple cast(if up)->fire4x2->(swift cast if no triple cast)->despair->xenoglossy->repeat.

Tcheldor on
  • Options

And why don't you use the phase swap move when it's essentially a free action? Wouldn't that save a GCD from the beginning of ice phase (and also save a GCD from the beginning of a new fire phase)?

I'm not sure there's any reason to open with B3 right now but you have to for Umbral Hearts later, so it's a good habit to be in.

The swap only gives you one stack of ice. Again you're probably fine with it now but later you'll need to open with ice for the ice phase.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Tcheldor is giving some good basic BLM tips, but to really take it to the next level this is what you need to do:

英雄聯盟PREPULL ENOCHIAN EXPLOIT?FROST GOD 30K RDPS HACK? 英雄聯盟 7 F4 DESPAIR IN 1 FIRE CYCLE DARK TECHNOLOGIES OPENING.. SPEED HACKING 1.5S GCD 英雄聯盟 L9 TURBO SPELLSPEED INFINITE MANA GLITCH? 400 XENOGLOSSY LOOPHOLE FROST GOD HACK {NEW} श्वास सुस्पश्ट समाजो रचना NO CLIP FAST B3/F3 CHEAT NO CD LEYLINES INFINITE DURATION WTF GANDALF RANK 1 NO BLIZZARD 4 (2020 STILL WORKING) PRIVATEHACK WTF???? GULAG AETHERIAL MANIPULATION JUTSU UNLOCKED 100% THUNDERCLOUD PROC RATE EXPLOIT 。。。 EKSU PLOSION YAKKARU INU BLM HACK?[E5S Turbo Boost]INFINITE PARADOX 英雄联盟 400 LUCID DREAMINGS 24 MIN [E5S Turbo RANK 1 MEMBER 、? TURBO FFLOGS ELOBOOSTING EXPLOIT ㅏ후어누어우누처ㅏㅇ KOREAN METHOD [LEAKED 2020] 아누채다느 PRO FFXIV CONSOLE HACK MANA { MANA SCRIPT } xiexie lua pin bo fe yao ne shi le ??? E5S BLM [JP] Command Console !HACK! Command LUCID DREAMING KANSOR雄BROKEN TRANSCENDANT Gulag BLM Build YoshiP Disowned Him After This {[英雄联盟[+YAKKURU INU Ascension Video Capture Record Tumor Boost 50MANATICKS/M LUCID DREAMINGS on Exit XENOGLOSSY [WORLDS FINAL] GTA buzzard cheat code PRO Movement><

Understand?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ph blake wrote: »
    Tcheldor is giving some good basic BLM tips, but to really take it to the next level this is what you need to do:

英雄聯盟PREPULL ENOCHIAN EXPLOIT?FROST GOD 30K RDPS HACK? 英雄聯盟 7 F4 DESPAIR IN 1 FIRE CYCLE DARK TECHNOLOGIES OPENING.. SPEED HACKING 1.5S GCD 英雄聯盟 L9 TURBO SPELLSPEED INFINITE MANA GLITCH? 400 XENOGLOSSY LOOPHOLE FROST GOD HACK {NEW} श्वास सुस्पश्ट समाजो रचना NO CLIP FAST B3/F3 CHEAT NO CD LEYLINES INFINITE DURATION WTF GANDALF RANK 1 NO BLIZZARD 4 (2020 STILL WORKING) PRIVATEHACK WTF???? GULAG AETHERIAL MANIPULATION JUTSU UNLOCKED 100% THUNDERCLOUD PROC RATE EXPLOIT 。。。 EKSU PLOSION YAKKARU INU BLM HACK?[E5S Turbo Boost]INFINITE PARADOX 英雄联盟 400 LUCID DREAMINGS 24 MIN [E5S Turbo RANK 1 MEMBER 、? TURBO FFLOGS ELOBOOSTING EXPLOIT ㅏ후어누어우누처ㅏㅇ KOREAN METHOD [LEAKED 2020] 아누채다느 PRO FFXIV CONSOLE HACK MANA { MANA SCRIPT } xiexie lua pin bo fe yao ne shi le ??? E5S BLM [JP] Command Console !HACK! Command LUCID DREAMING KANSOR雄BROKEN TRANSCENDANT Gulag BLM Build YoshiP Disowned Him After This {[英雄联盟[+YAKKURU INU Ascension Video Capture Record Tumor Boost 50MANATICKS/M LUCID DREAMINGS on Exit XENOGLOSSY [WORLDS FINAL] GTA buzzard cheat code PRO Movement><

Understand?

what eldritch abomination did you just summon

• Options
    edited January 2022
    admanb wrote: »

I'm not sure there's any reason to open with B3 right now but you have to for Umbral Hearts later, so it's a good habit to be in.

The swap only gives you one stack of ice. Again you're probably fine with it now but later you'll need to open with ice for the ice phase.

Yea technically you open in fire now, but that requires doing the opener and then you're just doing the standard rotation afterwards, so I didn't bother explaining that.

The opener is Sharpcast pre pull->Fire 3->Thunder 3->triple cast->fire 4->potion->fire4->amplify->leylines->fire 4->triple cast->fire 4->despair->manafont->fire 4->swift cast->despair->xenoglossy->thunder cloud->bliz 3-> paradox->bliz 4->fire 3->normal fire rotation.

This way you get fire 4s/despair/xeno/thunder cloud all under as many raid buffs as you can, you don't hard cast anything until bliz 3, you have a thunder cloud proc ready from the sharp casted one you used before you swapped to ice, and you have regular sharp cast ready to go for your fire phase.

Your goal as blm right now is to sharp cast every thunder cloud and every fire phase paradox so you get procs on both of them. You can pull this off because thunder cloud lasts 40 seconds and sharp cast CD is 30, and you have 2 sharp cast procs. One proc is reserved for your fire phase, which is every 30 seconds, and the other is reserved for thunder cloud.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Ok I'm nearing the end of Heavensward. And...
    I'm at the meeting of the nations talking about the defense of Gridania. And as Kan-E-Senna is talking in the cutscene, one of her guards, right next to her, LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE Dark Warrior Dood that just got sent back to his world, minus the cool dark outfit and bloody axed. This is very off-putting and I demand a reskin now! :biggrin:

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    All Saints Wake starts Jan 20.

I guess they decided we needed some nightmare fueling clown glamour.

On the other hand I really like those pumpkin decorations. I hope they're interactable to turn off the little ghosts so you can have just some pumpkins to put out in your yard. They look like models though and not just an effect, so I doubt it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I'm at the meeting of the nations talking about the defense of Gridania. And as Kan-E-Senna is talking in the cutscene, one of her guards, right next to her, LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE Dark Warrior Dood that just got sent back to his world, minus the cool dark outfit and bloody axed. This is very off-putting and I demand a reskin now! :biggrin:
    oh yeah her head bodyguard guy is very Generic Midlander Guy like CGI WoL/Evil CGI WoL lol

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    The Namazu beast tribe quests are... very good.

d9cr516j0oj71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c8a50694728d90fa377fb6cf2363c75bdac2bd8b

That is correct yes, yes

• Options
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9a6bed5c06ae511c363ece5ead0a98a3986554a2

New EU/NA data centers being rolled out in 2 phases. Half in about 8 months, the other half about a year after that

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You know, I have no idea if it would be feasible to do, but if a DPS queue was looking to be long, I'd love to see it give you the option to switch to a tank or healer job (if you have one), but give you a token that you can turn in for XP on your DPS job after successfully completing it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    You know, I have no idea if it would be feasible to do, but if a DPS queue was looking to be long, I'd love to see it give you the option to switch to a tank or healer job (if you have one), but give you a token that you can turn in for XP on your DPS job after successfully completing it.

The only one that's sort of feasible with is SCH/SMN, since they share EXP. So, if you main SMN, you can switch to SCH for the instant queue, and then you'll get the EXP(or tomestones if you've hit the max level already).

• Options

The only one that's sort of feasible with is SCH/SMN, since they share EXP. So, if you main SMN, you can switch to SCH for the instant queue, and then you'll get the EXP(or tomestones if you've hit the max level already).

I don't think that's what they're saying. It could work like the Wondorous Tails, where to turn it in you don't have to be on the same job as you were when you completed any of it

• Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    I am unreasonably excited about the oceanic servers opening up on the 25th of Jan. I never thought i'd see oceanic servers back when I started playing just before heavensward dropped, but here we are.

Also if you missed it sales are opening back up at the same time, though free trials are not.

Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    full post from Yoshi P about all that: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9a6bed5c06ae511c363ece5ead0a98a3986554a2

Notable things otherwise is they're opening up world transfer services again, and the data center visit is looking to be on for one of the 6.1x patches. Also they will be adding a new data center to each region.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    important to note that DC visit is now likely only to be within regions not between them

• Options
    Yeah, we knew that one for a while, but they announced the system initially with wording like "you can play with friends no matter what data center they're on", and then the servers got slammed, and then they scaled that back to saying it would be intra-region at first.
    As I previously mentioned in a Live Letter, while the system has been designed to allow cross-region travel, we'll be limiting it to travel between logical data centers within a physical data center at first due in part to differences in game economy and values. We’ll be paying keen attention to the opinions of players as we consider whether or not to introduce cross-region travel in the future.
    It appears they'd rather get it out there and working and see how it goes from there, while retaining the option to let visits go international at a later date once they're sure things are stable enough for it.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    "differences in game economy and values" = translated to Japanese is "Japanese players will lose their fucking SHIT if they get flooded by any more English speakers"

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    "differences in game economy and values" = translated to Japanese is "Japanese players will lose their fucking SHIT if they get flooded by any more English speakers"

English speakers annoy them, but given the Twitter uproar lately it was apparently Chinese players really blowing things up in JP.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    To be honest, I’m not looking forward to travel between DCs.

Spoiler: I play with friends on Crystal DC and the seething tides of desperate guys and streamers looking for easy clicks who will swarm every server in the DC to see if all those stories about Balmung and Mateus are true kind of fills me with a little dread. I mean, our Nald chat is already kind of a cesspool for FFXIV… and if someone like Asmon or Sodapoppin brings their three-ring circus of stupidity our way they’re either going to touch something off with the locals or they’ll outright crash the server trying to get to the Quicksand or cram everyone in some venue or something.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Yeah, I've had that exact idea several times. I'd also like to queue as several roles/jobs, sometimes I just want to do something and don't care what I'm doing it as.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    To be honest, I’m not looking forward to travel between DCs.

Spoiler: I play with friends on Crystal DC and the seething tides of desperate guys and streamers looking for easy clicks who will swarm every server in the DC to see if all those stories about Balmung and Mateus are true kind of fills me with a little dread. I mean, our Nald chat is already kind of a cesspool for FFXIV… and if someone like Asmon or Sodapoppin brings their three-ring circus of stupidity our way they’re either going to touch something off with the locals or they’ll outright crash the server trying to get to the Quicksand or cram everyone in some venue or something.

It's genuinely not that bad playing with/around streamers.

• Options
    Asmongold is on a my server and I honestly would not know if this post hadn’t reminded me.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Switched over to my archer and just... okay, I'm going from 1-minute queues on my healer to 15-minute ones. They need to do something about the goddamned queues DPS face.

I'm in the mood to do some experimenting, so I'm going to play the game the way the devs intended- I'm doing every single quest and hunting log and everything as it comes up, to level. When I hit dungeons, I want to keep doing them until I get the full equipment set from them. Playing like this, well... I want to see how soon it'll take me to hit max level- I imagine if I keep grinding shit, I'll end up topping out about, what, halfway through Stormblood? My healer hasn't even reached Stormblood yet and they've already hit 71...

I did just dungeons and MSQ and got 2 tank jobs to 80 by early StB.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I walked into the main Idyllshire building to do a Sage quest and saw a whole lot of glowsticks around a dancing midlander, with plenty of 配信お疲れ様でした~! in chat (something kinda like, "Thanks for the stream!")
    XU8uGhf.jpg

At the time, I thought, "Hmm, a Vtuber or Twitch streamer, I guess." Then somewhat later I went back and looked up the character name of who they were cheering for and tracked it down to who was doing the streaming. That's Shinnosuke Tachibana, aka. the Japanese voice actor for Alphinaud. I had no idea he played on my server. But it wasn't on Twitch or Youtube. He streams via Mildom.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular

Heavensward spoilers (Banzai, you're safe to read this)
    It doesn't help that another of her guards looks almost exactly like Haurchefant, and I always get sad when I see him...

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

Heavensward spoilers (Banzai, you're safe to read this)
    It doesn't help that another of her guards looks almost exactly like Haurchefant, and I always get sad when I see him...

My character
    looks very much like Haurchefant, and I've had people ask several times if it was intentional. It wasn't! I made my character look as close to my FFXI character as possible, it just so happens that they apparently did the same thing for Haurchefant.

Honestly, it kinda lessened the impact of that characters scenes for me, because it was more distracting than anything. It was still a good arc, but I don't think I ever formed quite the same connection a lot of players did.

Even though, to other players, my characters visuals indicate otherwise. :lol:

I wonder how many players have had similar experiences with other NPC's?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.