As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    No comments about that episode of Legends?

I'm surprised they've got sets left after that kind of chewing on the scenery.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I wonder if other Arrow-verse show actors look at Legends and get jealous.

Because if I was on Batwoman or Arrow, I’d do anything I could to get on Legends.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Legends might be incapable of doing a bad episode at this point. It’s hit that stage where it knowsexactly what it’s flavor of batshit weirdness is and it can’t help but nail it every time.

Evil Robot Legends were fantastic. The PSA at the end of the episode was possibly even better.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The CW really needs to fix their app. New episodes used to pop up at ~3am EST, now they don't load until 7am EST. Makes watching the previous night's episodes way more inconvenient.

sig.gif
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Did anybody else watch the premier of Naomi who could maybe explain some high-level stuff in a spoiler? Because I have no earthly idea what I saw yesterday.

Is this connected to the other shows?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Did anybody else watch the premier of Naomi who could maybe explain some high-level stuff in a spoiler? Because I have no earthly idea what I saw yesterday.

Haven't watched it. It's not set in the Arrowverse and Greg Berlanti has no connection to it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

Haven't watched it. It's not set in the Arrowverse and Greg Berlanti has no connection to it.
    Unless they decide otherwise for ratings. They pretty much established that anything DC-related can be part of their multiverse if they want it to be.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Duvernay has said they don’t plan on crossovers yet, but wouldn’t rule it out in future seasons, but like Stargirl, it’s not set on “Earth Prime” from the Arrowverse

• Options
    Yeah, in this Superman is a fictional character, not an actual person looks like.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Superman & Lois season 2…

We’re all in agreement, right?
    Doomsday?!?

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular

Doomsday?!?

That's what I'm thinking.

Season 2 Speculation
    I'm betting the climax sees the twins and Natalie stepping up as superheroes to save their fathers.

I'm also betting this Anderson fella does tries to control Doomsday for 'Murica and it goes about as well as you expect.

• Options
    Mancingtom wrote: »

Doomsday?!?

Season 2 Speculation
    I'm betting the climax sees the twins and Natalie stepping up as superheroes to save their fathers.

I'm also betting this Anderson fella does tries to control Doomsday for 'Murica and it goes about as well as you expect.

Also
    The Xavier Schoolkids are getting bodied by whatever that is, since the Justice League probably won't be showing up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Mancingtom wrote: »

Doomsday?!?

Season 2 Speculation

Also
    The Xavier Schoolkids are getting bodied by whatever that is, since the Justice League probably won't be showing up.

Or
    The school is there for World Without a Superman and/or Reign of the Supermen, if they go that far. Steel and Eradicator have been used, and Supergirl (which is still supposed to be same Earth, right?) had Henshaw.

• Options
    Maybe, maybe.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Legends of Tomorrow
    It seems like the point of this season is taking the piss out of the show's entire premise, and the premise of all "time cop" shows in general. If you have the power of time travel, why would you use it to keep history the same instead of using it to make history better? I mean, we all know the real reason. It's because being proactive with time travel would make the setting unrecognizable to the point where viewers wouldn't be able to relate to the characters anymore. It's the same reason super-scientists in fiction use their genius to fight terrorists instead of curing cancer. But Legends seems to have said fuck it, probably because they know the show is winding down and won't be around forever anyway. I can't think of another example of a show just suddenly deciding to deconstruct itself out of nowhere.

Superman & Lois
    My first thought was Krull and the Subterranosauri from All-Star Superman. I can't think of any other Superman villains who live underground. That would be a deep cut though, so it's probably something more mainstream like Doomsday. I feel like Krypton already gave us a near-perfect live action Doomsday though, so there's no reason to retread that old ground so soon.

• Options
    Superman and Lois
    Supergirl also had Reign, which is basically Girl-Doomsday. It probably doesn't matter, S&L is gonna do what they're gonna do, and they've earned enough credit with me to just roll with it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I mean if S&L is meant to be the same Earth as Supergirl (and I believe that hasn’t changed) there’s a bunch of Superman characters and plots that are kinda off the table.

• Options
    I mean if S&L is meant to be the same Earth as Supergirl (and I believe that hasn’t changed) there’s a bunch of Superman characters and plots that are kinda off the table.

Finally, it's his time to shine:
    jmkc8g368v68.jpg

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, uh...as somebody who watched Superman & Lois Season 1 on HBO Max, where are y'alls watching Season 2? It sounds like HBO Max is in the process of delisting their DC catalog, so it looks like that's a no-go.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    They aren't delisting, there's some rights issues going on.

Current episodes are on the CW app.

• Options
    Yup, CW App is where to go. New episodes are released at 7am EST the day after OTA broadcast.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Superman & Lois 2x3
    I'm really glad it's not Doomsday. While I think the show could pull off an amazing adaptation of Reign of the Supermen, it shouldn't be this soon. I'm amazed that, other than the containment suit, Bizarro doesn't seem corny.

Everything with the twins has felt clumsy this season. Jon's doing a greatest hits tour of "dumb shit teenagers do," and the whole Jordan/Sarah thing feels like it came out of a 2003 teen drama show. When he gave her the locket I half-expected to hear some cheesy pop song as they slowed-danced. We'll see what they do in the rest of season, but so far their storylines are a step down from the first year.

So far I'm neutral on Lois' storyline since I think it just got started. Same with Lana's mayoral run.

Also, I hope Anderson gets more characterization than "smarmy dick." What made the tension between Clark and Sam work is that both of them had good points.

Predictions:
    -Sarah will find out about Jordan in a traumatic fashion.

-Jon will accidentally hurt Jordan while on X-K.

-Tag will find out the truth about Jordan, ending in friendship.

-We'll meet Lois' mom.

-Natalie will be the one to put the S on John Henry's armor.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »

Ooof...more apps. Oh well, not like I'm using my Nvidia Shield or Xbox for much else besides streaming shows.

And I thought HBO was pulling their DC stuff. From what it sounded like, only Doom Patrol and Peacemaker were sticking around after next month (at least, from what I was gathering from the DCEU thread...so there may have been some hyperbole at work).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Ooof...more apps. Oh well, not like I'm using my Nvidia Shield or Xbox for much else besides streaming shows.

And I thought HBO was pulling their DC stuff. From what it sounded like, only Doom Patrol and Peacemaker were sticking around after next month (at least, from what I was gathering from the DCEU thread...so there may have been some hyperbole at work).

I think they're just pulling some of the WB movies. I know that Young Justice, Titans, Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, and Peacemaker are sticking around. Also, they just brought Pennyworth over from Epix, so I think they're just pulling a handful of their movies -- not the entire library.

Edit: There is also a new Batman series premiering on HBO Max this year (Batman: Caped Crusader).

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I think they're just pulling some of the WB movies. I know that Young Justice, Titans, Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn, and Peacemaker are sticking around. Also, they just brought Pennyworth over from Epix, so I think they're just pulling a handful of their movies -- not the entire library.

Edit: There is also a new Batman series premiering on HBO Max this year (Batman: Caped Crusader).

There's also a Penguin spinoff series coming

https://tvline.com/2021/12/06/colin-farrell-penguin-hbo-max-series-the-batman-spinoff/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Watched the new episode of Superman and Lois and this show is just as good as the first season so far.
    I loved that they had me believing that Doomsday was coming but instead it's Bizarro. He looked great.

I am 100% in agreement that Natalie will be the one to put the S on the armor for her dad.

I'm curious how Bizarro and Clark are connecting like that. I'm hoping Jonathan isn't dumb enough to take the X-Kryptonite. I'm glad that Jordan/Sara patched that up right quick and it wasn't drawn out like most of the stupid stuff like this CW pulls.

God I'm loving this show. :heartbeat:

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Jonathan isn't dumb enough to take the X-Kryptonite.
    Jonathan is 100% dumb enough to take X-K. He's not going to act smart until he hurts someone, the only question is who.
    And the Jordan/Sara stuff isn't going to be finished with this.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I love that Sara tells Gwyn she’ll let him save one person’s life with time travel and he picks
    Franz Fucking Ferdinand.

minor incident on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    klemming wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Jonathan isn't dumb enough to take the X-Kryptonite.
    Jonathan is 100% dumb enough to take X-K. He's not going to act smart until he hurts someone, the only question is who.
    And the Jordan/Sara stuff isn't going to be finished with this.

Superman spoilers:

I assume he won't, hes
    just buying it to keep his girlfriend in cash. We aren't going to get a very special episode "Superman has xray vision but cant see his kids on drugs!". It's going to get revealed and then hes going to say 'it was to help her'

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I said before, but Jonathan is basically Clark Kent without the powers.

If he had gotten the powers instead, it would be a really boring show, because there'd be a lot less drama.
    I'm going to assume he's buying drugs because he's already seen the harm these crystals can do and needs to learn more about them. The same way he conducted his own investigation into John Henry. I seriously doubt he's going to get juiced up for the sake of a football game, especially when his dad is the coach and will immediately recognize something is off.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    Some fun Superman & Lois trivia for you:
    The cult leader that Lois is trying to take down was one of the Parasite Twins from Greg Rucka's run in late 00's. They were forgotten pretty quickly when the previous Parasite came back.

The smuggler who knocked Superman unconscious two weeks ago was a villain named Barrage from John Byrne's run in the late 80's. He wore armor that could absorb kinetic energy and fire it back as a projectile.

The company that the government put in charge of investigating the mines was the same company that Steel used to work for in his first ongoing in mid 90's. Steel quit his job there when he learned that they were selling the weapons he was developing for the military to local street gangs.

About the last episode:
    I'm not sold on this Doomsday/Bizarro hybrid character. My rule with Bizarro is that if your Bizarro doesn't do stupid shit like bathe in dirt and build a basement on top of his house, then your Bizarro sucks.

• Options
    Jon Kent
    I had the thought that he'll take them, but because he's already a human-kryptonian hybrid, it'll mess him up more than give him a boost. Generally, bad things happen to Jon if it's physical, because Jordan is the emotional case. It could end up being a long path to him ending up with powers, but the crystals/gas is going to mess him up first.

sig.gif
  • Options

I can't wait to watch Turk have a dance off with the team/

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    oh nice

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Just watched the new Superman & Lois.
    While I'm still lukewarm on this grounded reimagining of Bizarro World, I did appreciate the slow panning shot of a cube-shaped Earth.

• Options
    Just watched the new Superman & Lois.
    While I'm still lukewarm on this grounded reimagining of Bizarro World, I did appreciate the slow panning shot of a cube-shaped Earth.

They did a pretty good job of the little details
    Bizzaro Clark writing with his left hand from right to left

The talk show desk being on the opposite side

All glassware being square shaped (even though it makes no sense because mouths work the same)

Shit even the name drop of famous basketball player, Jordan Michael

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Superman & Lois has been really fun.

Real shame that The Flash is such dog shit.

• Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    All glassware being square shaped (even though it makes no sense because mouths work the same)
    Glassware only good if fluid dribble out of mouth and get all over shirt. That am sign of high quality garbage product! Ho ho ho!

• Options
    edited April 2022
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA