As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Really getting the impression there's like 5-6 teams that should be in the playoffs and a bunch of other teams getting in line to get blasted out.

Yup. The expansion of the playoffs, adding another team, and allowing each Division to have a representative regardless of their standing, was always a mistake.

All it means is there's a chance that "any given Sunday" (sometimes Saturday, rarely Monday) means that a team knocks off a contender, and then just gets wiped out the following week, never having had the talent to actually do anything meaningful.

But then again, the randomness of things means that even a good team can become a fucking miserable pissbucket when they lose a single player (usually the QB, but not always).

Just got home, saw the score for PHI/TB, and have decided I'm just going to wait for the next game.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Jerome Boger, officials from Raiders-Bengals game not expected to work again this NFL postseason

shockedpikachu.jpg
    One league source did not express surprise at Boger's performance; others around the league have commented on it during various points of the season, and the NFL has received mixed reviews for mixing its officiating crews in postseason games, taking officials from different crews and assigning them to work together.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    If I remember correctly, it's pretty rare that a wild card team wins the Super Bowl right? I know the Giants have done it at least once, so it absolutely happens, but for the most part if you don't have at least one home game (preferably after a bye the first week) the odds are extremely against you.

steam_sig.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I think the six seed won a couple in a row in the mid aughts, but lately the teams with byes have dominated.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That mad rush into the stadium is a bad look. For a variety of reasons.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    deeebbooooooo

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!

"Troy Aikman wishes he was in Dallas right now"
    - Dov Kleiman is someone, but the video is from the game.

Troy Aikman being pissy that he wasn't allowed to be in the booth at the Dallas game, and had to do the TB/PHI game instead...

I'm not sure I can take all that salt.

Will REALLY be funny if they either get smoked this week (and he misses out), or if he gets it next week and they get shat upon.

lol looks like shanahan is gonna get the slime this week
    someone should be following troy around collecting that salt

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited January 2022
    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Letting Deebo burn you on a 3rd and 3.

That extra effort by Aiyuk was awesome too.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    And we have a game

That’s the disadvantage to stacking the box against the run and going man on the receivers

zepherin on
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Did Garappolo just get punched in the Jimmy?

Did Garappolo just get punched in the Jimmy?
    I wasn’t sure if he got nut tapped or his oil changed, but a hand went somewhere it wasn’t supposed to.

Way to build a stadium that blinds your own receivers, Jerry.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    Way to build a stadium that blinds your own receivers, Jerry.

Yeah, nothing makes me happier than a Cowboy just completely being blinded because Jerrah tried to rig shit.

Because they've got the option of closing it, IIRC. They're just not allowed to change position DURING the game.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That sun isn't coming from the roof but a wall of glass on the West end.

edited January 2022
    that should be a 5 yd penalty (hitting the screen)

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    And Dallas shouldn't get a do-over when their punter hits the fucking oversize TV screen everyone said would be a problem on kicks.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I think the do-over is fine. The players didn’t have any input into the design of the stadium, it’s not their fault.

Let them try the kick again, but fine Jerry a million dollars every time it happens.

Yes, but I believe that that window has shutters. It was mentioned in a Cowboys/Giants game a couple years ago, when it was deciding the Division, or some other relatively important game (else I wouldn't have watched it).

About an hour before kickoff (so that it can't be changed depending on game issues), and they had to remain either open or closed for the entire game.

It might have changed to permanently open since (because when was the last time the Giants and Cowboys were relevant?).

bosa done for the game
    this might turn things, niners need to put more insurance points up

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Ugly Penalties in this game.

boom! don't need bosa when you have jones!

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    deeeeebbooooooooo

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    MorganV wrote: »

Yes, but I believe that that window has shutters. It was mentioned in a Cowboys/Giants game a couple years ago, when it was deciding the Division, or some other relatively important game (else I wouldn't have watched it).

About an hour before kickoff (so that it can't be changed depending on game issues), and they had to remain either open or closed for the entire game.

It might have changed to permanently open since (because when was the last time the Giants and Cowboys were relevant?).

I guess. Considering field direction is decided by a coin flip, it was a stupid thing to design just to leave it to chance.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Great run. Looked like nothing then a score

how much are these? they don't have a price listed

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited January 2022
    jmcdonald wrote: »

I think this Deebo Samuel might be a decent player.

I know that's a hot taek, but it's what I feel.

EDIT: Profile in courage from McCarthy, punting with less than 20m to go, down 16. If you don't have faith Pollard or Zeke can't get you two yards, might as well pack up now. Because you're going to need to get two 2-yd conversions for it to be a two possession game, and I'm not confident that the 49ers are going to give you more than three more tries.

MorganV on
    edited January 2022
    HOLY FUCK YES

I love that crazy shit

zepherin on
    zepherin wrote: »
    HOLY FUCK YES

I love that crazy shit

The fake punt, I had no problem with.

Continuing to fuck around (with personnel) to force a time out, finding out (delay of game).

MorganV wrote: »
    jmcdonald wrote: »

I think this Deebo Samuel might be a decent player.

I know that's a hot taek, but it's what I feel.

EDIT: Profile in courage from McCarthy, punting with less than 20m to go, down 16. If you don't have faith Pollard or Zeke can't get you two yards, might as well pack up now. Because you're going to need to get two 2-yd conversions for it to be a two possession game, and I'm not confident that the 49ers are going to give you more than three more tries.

But, he won a Super Bowl!

God damn what a bad throw.

That's Jimmy for you. At some point in the game, he's gonna toss it right to the defense.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    That's Jimmy for you. At some point in the game, he's gonna toss it right to the defense.

With a throw like that, you gotta think he owes someone money.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

With regards to the Cowboys stadium and the sun, it’s only really an issue at this time of year, so there’s never really been a reason before to think that it would be a problem.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    He had his hands literally in his helmet grill.

Based on the fourth quarter let's just eliminate both teams.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Based on the fourth quarter let's just eliminate both teams.

Also, Sub in The Lions to go to Green Bay instead.

I yearn for that, "CLUMP DOG" action.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Whoopsie