As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

40 Years of Weird Al

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I saw his Mandatory Fun show when he played the Hollywood Bowl. Did you know he did a single shot walk in for Tacky for every show on that tour? I thought that was a pretty impressive bit.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I saw his Mandatory Fun show when he played the Hollywood Bowl. Did you know he did a single shot walk in for Tacky for every show on that tour? I thought that was a pretty impressive bit.

He did that for Strings Attached too, although modified a bit due to the nature of those venues.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    When he did it in Dallas he walked through the crowds the entire song. He interacted with the audience, too. Had a camera following him the entire time and posed for selfies with some very enthusiastic fans.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I've had a couple chances to see him live but they never worked out, and by God this time I'm gonna make it work!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yeah, I've never seen him perform live, I should rectify that at some point

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    He came to the UK three or four years ago and I didn't go, one of my biggest regrets. We did see Flight of the Conchords that year in England so that softened the blow a bit.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I've seen him twice, but really regretted missing the last time he did this type of tour (focused on small venues doing his original songs). I'll probably see if I can grab tickets this time.

Lindsay Lohan on
    edited December 2021
    Well, doesn't look like any of those are outdoors for me so my wife and I will have to deal with (what will be) a 4yo. Fortunately we get 3 dates in NC so maybe by 10/23 she'll be able to behave... (the two August dates are less ideal).

Actually she should have started preK by then so here's hoping.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think I've seen him in concert somewhere around a dozen times or so by now.

BLM - ACAB
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I think I've seen him in concert somewhere around a dozen times or so by now.

for seeing him a dozen times you'd think you'd remember exactly where it was

nyuk nyuk nyuk

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    oh my god he's coming to spokane! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I think the Chicago event is indoors so I'll have a 1 year old by then.

Gonna have to get a babysitter ready to go.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm yeah its like 10 days before my birthday in Chicago so gonna try and snag a ticket or two for that.

VIP is like $360 so maybe not that.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh hey! He’s coming to Minnesota in July!

• zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Ahhh! Paso Robles, hype is real. Surprised no San Luis Obispo, he's a local hero as an alumni.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    He's coming to Bend again! I missed him last time and was really kicking myself.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I missed this tour last time, I need to make sure I pick up tix when they go up for Dallas

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I didn't catch this tour the first time either, though I did see Strings Attached in Berkeley. Currently debating if it's worth it to try to go to both San Francisco dates.

Emo Phillips was a fantastic opener, too.

BLM - ACAB
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Did a quick double take upon actually seeing my city on the tour date list.

No way am I missing this, this time around.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Looking at those dates he's just winding every which way across the country with no regard to order at all. He's in California for San Francisco, Bakersfield, and Los Angeles in June, wends back to the east coast, then all the way back to hit up the other cities like Riverside, San Diego, and Thousand Oaks in September

Madican on
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    He's not called Sensible Al

640qocnq4ske.gif
    Madican wrote: »
    Looking at those dates he's just winding every which way across the country with no regard to order at all. He's in California for San Francisco, Bakersfield, and Los Angeles in June, wends back to the east coast, then all the way back to hit up the other cities like Riverside, San Diego, and Thousand Oaks in September

His tours are often like that. He isn't a huge name and as such doesn't have the pull to just put the tour together however he wants, but he's also not some indy band playing small venues either, so I'm guessing it's just a logistical issue with whoever organizes the tour, which are often coordinated by a third party.

BLM - ACAB
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

His tours are often like that. He isn't a huge name and as such doesn't have the pull to just put the tour together however he wants, but he's also not some indy band playing small venues either, so I'm guessing it's just a logistical issue with whoever organizes the tour, which are often coordinated by a third party.

Also, the fact he can probably go home a couple of times during the tour is a bonus for him.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Plus Al is the kind of guy who's been doing major international tours for such a long time I would honestly bet the travel hardly phases him anymore.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Nabbed my tickets yesterday, the venue here in Rochester was doing advance sales.

I wound up getting pretty good seats!

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I saw him live at the Puyallup fair. He ended the set with Albuquerque.

It was fucking awesome.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    That's a long tour, honestly. From April to October, that's basically half the year he's traveling and performing.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Al came to my small town of 30,000 people twice when I was a child and I missed him both times. Doubt that's ever going to happen again, either. :(

BLM - ACAB
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    this announcement pleases me to no end

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm... Strangely pleased with this. It may be the only music biopic next to Dewey Cox I end up liking

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I hope it's like, deadly serious oscar-bait

45 minutes dedicated to the drama of how Coolio wasn't coolio with Amish Paradise

Depressperado on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Finally, UHF 2 is a reality.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Finally, UHF 2 is a reality.

We got it all on 2HF.

Looks like it's not gonna be terribly serious as the official synopsis is:
    The biopic holds nothing back, exploring every facet of Yankovic’s life, from his meteoric rise to fame with early hits like ‘Eat It’ and ‘Like a Surgeon’ to his torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved lifestyle. ‘Weird: The Al Yankovic Story’ takes audiences on a truly unbelievable journey through Yankovic’s life and career, from gifted child prodigy to the greatest musical legend of all time.

BLM - ACAB
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Ok so it’s Popstar 2: Still Never Stop Never Stopping

I’m ok with this

640qocnq4ske.gif