As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Niners might be out both Bosa and Garrapolo though, and could potentially be playing in a snow game which typically isn't favorable for a west coast team. Green Bay has a ton of advantages.

And yet McCarthy’s stench lingers

• southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    As a lifelong Cowboys fan I think its time for me to move on. Its just not worth it anymore.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    It'd be nice of Donald saw some consequences for choking a guy, but I expect either nothing will happen or he'll get a $10,000 fine.

They certainly won't suspend him in the playoffs.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    It'd be nice of Donald saw some consequences for choking a guy, but I expect either nothing will happen or he'll get a $10,000 fine.

They certainly won't suspend him in the playoffs.

Wait did he actually choke him? I only saw him reach for the throat after ripping off the helmet

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I adopted the Rams this year since Stafford moved over and the Lion's are rebuilding. I'd love to see them get to the Super Bowl, it's probably not likely. Stafford has been a bit Andy Dalton-ish where if you get some pressure, he does some bad things. The Buc's D-line is much better than Arizona's. And even if they make it through, playing in Lambo in the cold doesn't suit their team and Stafford has failed their plenty of times.

If I gambled, I'd for sure be putting money on GB to make the Super Bowl. Their path is really easy this year. The AFC, who knows. The Chiefs and the Bills both have the firepower that if they get hot, I'm not sure who stops them. And we've seen the Titans with Derrick Henry pull out some weird wins that you wouldn't they would be capable of.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I want the Packers to make the Super Bowl... only for Rodgers to catch a case of COVID that puts his ass in the hospital and knocks him out from playing.

Yeah it's petty but he super disappointed me this year.

I don't really care who wins CIN / TEN, I like the story either way. Titans are kinda due and the idea of the Bengals breaking their drought and going all the way is just a great story.

Otherwise I'm pretty much rooting for the road teams, and if the NFC goes Bucs / Packers, I'll probably root for the AFC team this year.

I don't even hate Brady I just don't really care and am ready for him to retire and honestly if back-to-back SBs gets the job done then okay sure give 'im the ring.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I want the Packers to make the Super Bowl... only for Rodgers to catch a case of COVID that puts his ass in the hospital and knocks him out from playing.

I don’t want Rodgers to go to a hospital with Covid.

For one thing, I don’t want him taking up hospital space that someone with a heart attack or a burst appendix could be using.

For another, I’d prefer he try to play through it, and that he delivers a performance so legendarily terrible that the Patriots defence, Big Ben, and Mike McCarthy will all breath huge sighs of relief at knowing that they’re very, very far from the biggest fuckups of the playoffs.

Also, the ivermectin that Joe Rogan suggested causes him to visibly shit himself on national TV.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'd really prefer LA/BUF, because that means either Stafford gets a ring or Buffalo finally wins one.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

I think we all know he’s the “hide the zombie bite” type. We’d end up with the entire Packers offense with COVID the next week.

• XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    If the Bills happen to beat my Chiefs on Sunday then I'll be rooting for them to go all the way. I liked them a bunch in the 90's in the Jim Kelly era and always felt bad that they never won a Super Bowl. I'd similarly love to see the Dolphins have a great team and be a contender because I was a huge fan of Dan Marino back in the day, heh

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bills aren't winning shit you can bank on that.

We'll probably get the Green Bay anti vaxxers and then every half whit in america will go "SEE COVID AIN'T REAL!"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Also, the ivermectin that Joe Rogan suggested causes him to visibly shit himself on national TV.

Meh, I already saw him host Jeopardy

Tox wrote: »

Meh, I already saw him host Jeopardy

I appreciate this.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I'd really prefer LA/BUF, because that means either Stafford gets a ring or Buffalo finally wins one.

This would be my optimal matchup, but I'd be fine with TEN/CIN/SF as well.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    I, of course, want the Niners, but outside of that? TEN/Rams rematch where the Rams fail to reach the endzone as time runs out as a bit of symmetry.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    I, of course, want the Niners, but outside of that? TEN/Rams rematch where the Rams fail to reach the endzone as time runs out as a bit of symmetry.

And then Vrabel cuts off his dick

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

I don’t want Rodgers to go to a hospital with Covid.

For one thing, I don’t want him taking up hospital space that someone with a heart attack or a burst appendix could be using.

For another, I’d prefer he try to play through it, and that he delivers a performance so legendarily terrible that the Patriots defence, Big Ben, and Mike McCarthy will all breath huge sighs of relief at knowing that they’re very, very far from the biggest fuckups of the playoffs.

I was thinking of a case that literally required intubation or other similarly serious measures, not just "oh I caught COVID and feel flu-ish, I'm not going to tell anyone and tough it out."

It's what I wish on pretty much most high-profile vaccine deniers, to be honest. Knocking him out of the Superbowl after they made it there would just be icing on the cake.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I don't really care who wins CIN / TEN, I like the story either way. Titans are kinda due and the idea of the Bengals breaking their drought and going all the way is just a great story.

Otherwise I'm pretty much rooting for the road teams, and if the NFC goes Bucs / Packers, I'll probably root for the AFC team this year.

I don't even hate Brady I just don't really care and am ready for him to retire and honestly if back-to-back SBs gets the job done then okay sure give 'im the ring.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really don't think Brady is the kind of guy to bow out gracefully. He'll keep playing as long as he keeps winning.

Edit: to be clear, I don't mean that in a negative way. He just seems like the type who wants to push things for as long as possible to see exactly how far he can go.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really don't think Brady is the kind of guy to bow out gracefully. He'll keep playing as long as he keeps winning.

Edit: to be clear, I don't mean that in a negative way. He just seems like the type who wants to push things for as long as possible to see exactly how far he can go.

Agree, all the more reason to just root against him

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Sometimes Twitter gives me a gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsycvaXqec4

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I unwillingly saw that Turd Bayless feels SUPERGENIUS should be replaced with Dan Quinn.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

I mean, if he can keep winning superbowls or getting to the superbowl, why on earth would he stop?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Tcheldor wrote: »

I mean, if he can keep winning superbowls or getting to the superbowl, why on earth would he stop?

Because everyone remembers the year Brett Farve shit the bed, and they forget the previous year when he was a penalty or a caught pass short of the superbowl.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Favre has only one championship to his name and famously hated training camp whereas Brady has 37 championships and lives his life like every day is training camp.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Butters wrote: »
    Favre has only one championship to his name and famously hated training camp whereas Brady has 37 championships and lives his life like every day is training camp.

37 time super bowl champion Tom Brady. Retires at the age of 72.

Stephen A is not my favorite commentator but god damn do I love when he shits on the cowboys its a treat everytime. Man fought off covid just to be there celebrating and I'm here for it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I ignore Stephen A because he makes a point to use the word "alleged" and enunciate the shit out of it whenever he talked about Floyd Mayweather's domestic violence history despite him being convicted and even pleading guilty to various abuse charges.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Brady's entire life is built around being good at football, and consequently he is good at football. I mean obviously it's a bit more than that, but it's his ENTIRE existence, and it's done him well.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I didn't necessarily need to see Brady win another playoff game, but I like to imagine the nightmares it gives Belicheck.

navgoose wrote: »
    I didn't necessarily need to see Brady win another playoff game, but I like to imagine the nightmares it gives Belicheck.

None? Like he's a multi time winner, does he care that someone he let go continues to win without him? I highly doubt it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Belichek's already onto next season. I doubt he even pays attention to the rest of the playoffs.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Don't ruin a Belicheck loss for me!

navgoose wrote: »
    Don't ruin a Belicheck loss for me!

I mean he probably still thinks Trump is president so that's something for you.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Oh shit that's right, it's time for Bill Belicheck off-season simulator!

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I see a lot of people discounting touchdown Tom. I’m pretty sure that’s lich sustenance energy.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    I see a lot of people discounting touchdown Tom. I’m pretty sure that’s lich sustenance energy.

Either that, or he has a peculiar self-portrait in his attic.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Either that, or he has a peculiar self-portrait in his attic.

*Tom and Gisele putting away christmas decorations in the attic, Gisele moves a box*
    "Tom, honey, why do you have a painting of Rudy Giuliani?"
    I mean, the only unrealistic part is that Tom and Gisele would do their own packing and storing.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

I'm not discounting him, all I'm saying is Aaron Donald and von Miller are gonna be like legolas and gimli counting kills and by kills I mean sacks on good old tommy

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I'm not discounting him, all I'm saying is Aaron Donald and von Miller are gonna be like legolas and gimli counting kills and by kills I mean sacks on good old tommy

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that Von has been as productive as he's been, just based on how he was before he left Denver.

But it's one of the things with regards the NFL. If you've got an elite player at a position, it can draw attention such that they need to add an extra body. But if you've got TWO, then your opponent is basically hosed. Same applies with WR's, or a RB/running QB combo.

They may be able to hold the Rams off, especially given Brady's ability to get the ball out quick, but the Bucs OLine is not going to have a good day if he can't.