As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    The top Paladin parse is the 261st tank parse overall on p1s, which is a fight where you can get 100% uptime, and is about 500 dps, or roughly 10 percent, lower than the #1 tank parse, which is a DRK

That’s dps that ignores all party buffs. The actual dps difference factoring in everything and what the players actuallly did in terms of damage to the boss, the difference is 1100-1200 dps, or about 20%

Javen on
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The top Paladin parse is the 261st tank parse overall on p1s, which is a fight where you can get 100% uptime, and is about 500 dps, or roughly 10 percent, lower than the #1 tank parse, which is a DRK

That’s dps that ignores all party buffs. The actual dps difference factoring in everything and what the players actuallly did in terms of damage to the boss, the difference is 1100-1200 dps, or about 20%

PLD's dmg is just a bit low right now. I'm sure they'll buff a few potencies and that'll solve it. It's not like it's got massive QoL or playstyle issues that I'm aware of.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2022
    I have one buddy that's in the middle of post-Shadowbringers and another that just started Shadowbringers, so they've started talking about leveling alts, and it came up that it's kind of sucky that you need to actually physically go to PotD/HoH to queue up for them. I know they have this separate leveling system and its own UI that is the likely reason that it's not just in the duty finder, but still.

Echo on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My understanding on the reason is that they were trying to reduce the number of people that would queue for it at once when it was a new feature, and enforcing the location you could queue from fit the bill.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    friends don't let friends cast cure 1

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    p1s, which is a fight where you can get 100% uptime
    What if the boss decides to throw a bunch of Purgations at you?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    You can remain at max melee for the flares.

edited January 2022
    Huh. I was worried about staying too close because I got the MT killed on multiple occasions with the flare. I just figured you had to get to the corner for safety.

SabreMau on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Does it seem to anyone else that the queue issues seem to have largely gotten back down to normal? I just logged on and the queue was 28. That's prime time on the day of the weekly reset. Not bad!

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    MT just needs a couple extra heals and for their mit to last for both their hit and yours.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Does it seem to anyone else that the queue issues seem to have largely gotten back down to normal? I just logged on and the queue was 28. That's prime time on the day of the weekly reset. Not bad!

yeah it's been nearly all normal queues for me even at primetimes for the last week

BahamutZERO.gif
    zVmZ8p0.png

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    zVmZ8p0.png

took me a minute to parse how you got a player commendation out of a savage.

grats

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Heavensward:

This Cid is rapidly becoming tied with FFVII Cid as my favorite Cid. He's just. A very cool dude.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you haven't even hit peak cid

liEt3nH.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Cid Garlond is best Cid.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Holy crap I got in tonight on my free trial. Have things died down? Or will this still be an issue on weekends, holidays, etc.?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    you haven't even hit peak cid

I think of Praetorium as Peak Cid
    The good later Cid stuff is more like Peak Nero

BahamutZERO.gif
    anoffday wrote: »
    Holy crap I got in tonight on my free trial. Have things died down? Or will this still be an issue on weekends, holidays, etc.?

Today is Tuesday, which means raid reset day. Even with that going on, I only hit a queue of approximately 350 people when I logged on at primetime. I think the days of multi-thousand queues are behind us. At least until the next major content drop.

Cactuar (which is huge) at 4:30PM PST only had a 500 person queue. I believe peak queue is over.

more specifically the days of multi thousand queues that barely move

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Got P1-3S down to one night, and got a couple pulls of P4S in before we finished for the evening.

that's a lotta raid damage

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    me, melding my crafting gear: i can't wait to not make anything with this : )

liEt3nH.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Huh. I was worried about staying too close because I got the MT killed on multiple occasions with the flare. I just figured you had to get to the corner for safety.

Flare mechanics, or anything with a proximity-based damage, has a HUGE drop at certain distances away. It’s not linear it’s usually fatal, or near-fatal, and plummets right down to ticklish as long as you’re at a minimum distance. For P1, the tank and the party being as opposite ends of the boss at max melee range are fine, even the tank who takes the first part and has a magic vuln

that's silly

you use that gear to make 6.1 crafted gear, then meld that, then never use it

the worst part of flare mechanics or any proximity AOE is trying to guess where it decides the arbitrary non-lethal range is because it varies a lot by fight

BahamutZERO.gif
    Yeah, in our PUG runs it's usually debuffed MT gets pushed northwest, provoking ST runs northeast, and party's on the south. I'm not sure if that strategy requires the flare tank to be on one side and everyone else to be on the furthest opposite side, or if running in to the Y formation is fine enough. Also, a lot of our party isn't standing on the south edge, they're well into the boss's hitbox. I just worry about being at maximum melee range and still killing someone and everyone scolding me after the wipe for standing too close. These are randoms, not a static who's had their gameplan all on the same page for a few weeks now.

fun fact the vuln, damage, and knockback on P1S get applied to the tank who is hit by the beam first, which does not need to be the tank with aggro

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

that's silly

And that's not true either. You'll use THAT gear to make the 6.3 crafted gear.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    the worst part of flare mechanics or any proximity AOE is trying to guess where it decides the arbitrary non-lethal range is because it varies a lot by fight

Deathgaze Hollow is particularly nasty about this. Sometimes you'll get two prox markers almost on top of each other, and you need to be pretty far away, but not so far you can't make it back to the ice blocks before he blows you off the ship.

Has it always been a thing that people duty-ditch if they get Castrum? I've never seen it happen until after 6.0. It could just be good fortune on my part that I haven't seen this behavior until now.

Or maybe something changed? Did the XP squish as part of the overall numbers tuning reduce the XP value of Castrum? Or have people finally wised up to the fact that Praet is vastly superior for XP? Plus you can just YouTube/Netflix through the whole thing making it a win/win?

I recall seeing plenty of Praet complainers back in the day. People saying stuff in party chat about how disappointed they are to have gotten Praet. But now the exact opposite is occurring and I'd say as much as 25% of the time when I get Castrum now (after 6.0), people Duty-Ditch.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Castrum is worth roughly half a level, but so are level 81+ dungeons.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

that's silly

You can add combat materia that's selling at or below vendor price so that you can max spiritbond gain.

Everything I've read says that you don't need penta craft gear to make the 6.1 gear.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Speaking of, what do I want materia-wise for tanks in general and WAR specifically?

Echo wrote: »
    Speaking of, what do I want materia-wise for tanks in general and WAR specifically?

crit > det > ten >>> DH

Crit/Det are pretty much universally the top two stats and WAR has a particular dislike for DH.

WAR doesn’t need any skill speed, but it doesn’t hurt so if you’re planning to run multiple tanks look at their breakpoints and meld for that.

Still working on BLM. Thanks everyone for the gameplay tips a page or two back. Has definitely helped make the class "feel" a lot better to play. I knew I was doing something wrong, which is why I brought it up.

I'm 69 now, I've been doing daily roulettes and spam running Stormblood dungeons. Class definitely feels very good to play post-60 when I have the ability to generate those Ice Heart arrow things on my class gauge. That seems like a key breakpoint in class identity, at level 60. You have pre-hearts and post-hearts.

When I hit 63 I spammed a ton of Shisui. Probably 7 or 8 runs in there. In the process of spamming it, I collected the entire Shisui casting set, so I decided to use that as glam for a bit. It's a pretty slutty outfit, so I shouldn't really be surprised that this little gem of a story happened last night:

Was standing in Uldah near the BLM class quest guy, Lalai. Was mostly idling while waiting for a queue to pop to spam run some Doma Castle. A random player comes up to me, is clearly oogling my character. Stands there for a while, slides around from multiple angles. Then he comes right up to me in my face, and whispers me and says "I see we're both 2nd Storm Lieutenants. uwu."

Uh... is that a pickup line?

edited January 2022
    lol
    I guess they were implying they had been examining your character very indirectly, as it shows the GC rank on the examine character window
    I've heard worse lines tbh

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Still working on BLM. Thanks everyone for the gameplay tips a page or two back. Has definitely helped make the class "feel" a lot better to play. I knew I was doing something wrong, which is why I brought it up.

I'm 69 now, I've been doing daily roulettes and spam running Stormblood dungeons. Class definitely feels very good to play post-60 when I have the ability to generate those Ice Heart arrow things on my class gauge. That seems like a key breakpoint in class identity, at level 60. You have pre-hearts and post-hearts.

Yup. It doesn't change massively from there, just little tweaks to the rotation and you get much better at handling movement with Triplecast and the Polyglots instant. The biggest change is probably when you get Despair at 72, which you use to finish your Fire phases (and when Manafont is up you get to finish them twice).

edited January 2022
    Isn't "All-Saints Wake" their in-universe version of Halloween? Why is it happening in January?

Lucascraft on
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Isn't "All-Saints Wake" their in-universe version of Halloween? Why is it happening in January?

*waves at the entirety of 2021*

much like a lot of things that were supposed to happen around November, it didn't

This discussion has been closed.