As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new Cyberpunk thread

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I mean...the visuals were never really the game's imo.

I'm more interested in it running smoothly. The PS5 one crashed on me several times. This way I can launch the game and keep going without worrying about it dying on me.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    So this is from the gaming leaks Reddit I like to peak into

Reddit Link

Seems like the content dlc is finally incoming, shows some good stuff but we'll see how much is true.

Dixon on
    Dixon wrote: »

Reddit Link

Seems like the content dlc is finally incoming, shows some good stuff but we'll see how much is true.

I might as well wait for this then. Thanks!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Reddit Link

Honestly, the most exciting bit there is Studio Trigger doing an anime based on the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Panam isn't a romantic option for FemV? I tried and got (politely) shot down.

wVEsyIc.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Reddit Link

Honestly, the most exciting bit there is Studio Trigger doing an anime based on the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Panam isn't a romantic option for FemV? I tried and got (politely) shot down.

Yeah, Panam is straight romance only

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Reddit Link

Lame.

Also, I notice FemV has a really neat way of talking when she laughs, it sounds very natural.

wVEsyIc.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Reddit Link

Lame.

Also, I notice FemV has a really neat way of talking when she laughs, it sounds very natural.

FemV's voice actor performance is one of my all-time favorites.

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular

Reddit Link

Late on this, but this is almost certainly fake. One of CDPR's PR guys shot it down on Twitter.

Anyway, why I'm here: I've been looking at mods to the game... does anyone know of any that raises the volume of the car radio and/or TVs? It's hard to jam out to Ritual 96.7 or enjoy a nice relaxing moment of watching those wacky talk show bits.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • CornucopiistCornucopiist Registered User regular
    You can do the entire Panam romance plot and it will only exclude the sex. It's still lame to exclude that for *reasons*, but most of the plot and the connection is there.

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    My current, second run V. Wanted to go male this time. FemV's VA is much better so far IMO.

CoCohGv.jpg

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    afaik panam is attracted to male-voice (as opposed to female body, judy), so you could technically have a fem body with a male voice to romance panam!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certain it was determined that the game uses your chosen voice to define your gender, so male voice equals male regardless of presentation.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it was determined that the game uses your chosen voice to define your gender, so male voice equals male regardless of presentation.

Maybe in terms of dialog pronouns, but River and Judy romance based on body type, I think neither cares about voice.

Edit: checked the wiki, apparently it's River and Panem that don't care about voice and only romance based on body. Judy and Kerry require both.

Hevach on
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    given what Judy's romance scene entails I think that checks out

• CornucopiistCornucopiist Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    So, after about a year, and over the course of that year, I finally finished Cyberpunk 2077.
    -First off, I played on Stadia with the controller. My thoughts are very much influenced by 'dadia' play. Sometimes I played three nights in a row, sometimes I skipped a month. YMMV
    -I am still gobsmacked by the amount of detail in the game. Yes, you very quickly notice that it's repetitive. But *so much stuff*!
    -The universe is awesome in its worldbuilding. Not just the breadth of it, but also the emphases chosen on how things are that makes for consistency. Night city might just be a tad too gnarly to have remained a functional city for decades, but then you don't interact with the sararimen and burb dwellers too much...
    -The next impression is that Night City is a nice size. I certainly didn't walk or drive every street, and I'm sure there are many encounters I missed (aside from skipping the 'beat on' quests).
    -In general, though , there's not enough to do. Transporter quests would have been an easy way to bring more depth to the city. Just add a single room with a desk to a few dozen buildings, and you're good to go for loads of variety.
    -One major bummer is that I played the corpo lifepath and I didn't ever set foot in any corpo building. I would have liked some small corpo quests!
    -Cars are bullshit on a bullshit sandwich on a bullshit plate. I like race games, but this was Carmageddon with jelly suspension. And no fun! As the car designs are awesome, and so is the city view, I looked forward to cruising but not with this BS.
    -Might be Stadia-specific but stepping backwards off the ladder you just climbed... ugh.
    -I went through phases where I wanted to bring close combat ultraviolence, and some where I wanted to completely cyberhack my way through. I managed to switch easily without feeling too fenced in by my early choices.
    -I enjoyed the vast majority of my playing. In the end, though, and rather unexpectedly, it was the main quest that let me down. I got bored of it! The ratio game/story was pretty good overall. I cared enough about the characters that my choices made sense to me, and there was just enough to do when I wanted to get out of the main quest. Usually, a smaller quest would give me enough pep to pick up the main quest again.

I'd love to visit something like Night City again, but with a bit more meat on its bones; and most of all driveable car physics! But, to be honest, not enough to buy a game PC just so I could install mods and revisit CP2077.
    One other thing I'd probably wait for is good procedural voices. The voice acting was phenomenal, but at the same time limited the interactions available in Night City. The environment seems just about ready to host a much deeper interaction with NPCs and more undeep but random quests. If you give me true city-sized infinite playtime, I'll bite.

Cornucopiist on
  • RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    So, after about a year, and over the course of that year, I finally finished Cyberpunk 2077.
    -First off, I played on Stadia with the controller. My thoughts are very much influenced by 'dadia' play. Sometimes I played three nights in a row, sometimes I skipped a month. YMMV
    -I am still gobsmacked by the amount of detail in the game. Yes, you very quickly notice that it's repetitive. But *so much stuff*!
    -The universe is awesome in its worldbuilding. Not just the breadth of it, but also the emphases chosen on how things are that makes for consistency. Night city might just be a tad too gnarly to have remained a functional city for decades, but then you don't interact with the sararimen and burb dwellers too much...
    -The next impression is that Night City is a nice size. I certainly didn't walk or drive every street, and I'm sure there are many encounters I missed (aside from skipping the 'beat on' quests).
    -In general, though , there's not enough to do. Transporter quests would have been an easy way to bring more depth to the city. Just add a single room with a desk to a few dozen buildings, and you're good to go for loads of variety.
    -One major bummer is that I played the corpo lifepath and I didn't ever set foot in any corpo building. I would have liked some small corpo quests!
    -Cars are bullshit on a bullshit sandwich on a bullshit plate. I like race games, but this was Carmageddon with jelly suspension. And no fun! As the car designs are awesome, and so is the city view, I looked forward to cruising but not with this BS.
    -Might be Stadia-specific but stepping backwards off the ladder you just climbed... ugh.
    -I went through phases where I wanted to bring close combat ultraviolence, and some where I wanted to completely cyberhack my way through. I managed to switch easily without feeling too fenced in by my early choices.
    -I enjoyed the vast majority of my playing. In the end, though, and rather unexpectedly, it was the main quest that let me down. I got bored of it! The ratio game/story was pretty good overall. I cared enough about the characters that my choices made sense to me, and there was just enough to do when I wanted to get out of the main quest. Usually, a smaller quest would give me enough pep to pick up the main quest again.

I'd love to visit something like Night City again, but with a bit more meat on its bones; and most of all driveable car physics! But, to be honest, not enough to buy a game PC just so I could install mods and revisit CP2077.
    One other thing I'd probably wait for is good procedural voices. The voice acting was phenomenal, but at the same time limited the interactions available in Night City. The environment seems just about ready to host a much deeper interaction with NPCs and more undeep but random quests. If you give me true city-sized infinite playtime, I'll bite.

I agree with all of this. I just finished Red Dead 2 as much as I am going to finish it and I kept thinking how much stuff there was to do that wasn't main or side quest related.
    Hunting, fossils, treasure maps, robbing stage coaches, robbing trains, cigarette cards, fishing, cave paintings, bounty hunting etc...

If cyberpunk could do a futuristic version of half of these the world would feel so much more full.

POV: You're a ganger and the NCPD's got a bounty on you

lbsuGJm.jpg

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Hmm, maybe I should go back and finish my female V playthrough on this with my fancy new PC

Entering every single combat by sprinting in with a katana in hand and decapitating everything that moved was a lot of fun

Hmm, maybe I should go back and finish my female V playthrough on this with my fancy new PC

Entering every single combat by sprinting in with a katana in hand and decapitating everything that moved was a lot of fun

same with using a bat. especially with optic camo and the double jump mods. you feel like a combination of a Terminator and Goro Majima.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    So I recently picked this up for my PC to see how it ran and installed some of the most popular mods (cyber engine tweaks, alternate crowd behavior, redscript, full gameplay rebalance, better loot markers). I started the game on Normal difficulty and it seemed like enemies were just falling over with a stiff breeze (i.e., it didn't feel like I had to play remotely as tactically as the tutorials suggested). Is this expected in the beginning/at Normal difficulty, or is one of the mods likely breaking something?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    So I recently picked this up for my PC to see how it ran and installed some of the most popular mods (cyber engine tweaks, alternate crowd behavior, redscript, full gameplay rebalance, better loot markers). I started the game on Normal difficulty and it seemed like enemies were just falling over with a stiff breeze (i.e., it didn't feel like I had to play remotely as tactically as the tutorials suggested). Is this expected in the beginning/at Normal difficulty, or is one of the mods likely breaking something?

Like you're murdering everything without even trying or they're literally falling over?

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    urahonky wrote: »

Like you're murdering everything without even trying or they're literally falling over?

Like the game tutorialized the importance of cover and remote hacking and yada yada and the enemies fell down in like one headshot from a starter pistol while doing basically no damage to me after I accidentally just waltzed into the room. I also noticed this in the tutorial when the game said "use everything you've learned to beat these enemies" and they died with one toy katana swing.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    urahonky wrote: »

Like the game tutorialized the importance of cover and remote hacking and yada yada and the enemies fell down in like one headshot from a starter pistol while doing basically no damage to me after I accidentally just waltzed into the room.

Ah then a mod. I recently picked it up Vanilla on PC and it wasn't hard but I definitely had to move into cover from time to time and use healing.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

The gameplay rebalance mod I know of removes the health/damage scaling and so makes the game significantly easier throughout since enemies will die much quicker, like just one-hit killed quicker in the case of high damage weapons like revolvers. However, things that add armor actually have an impact compared to the base game.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    There is something I find extremely weird and off-putting about doing work for the cops. Not that it stops my video game lizard brain from stopping at every mugging, shooting, robbery, and murder, but V does not strike me as the type of character who would be stopping to do this shit. My encounters with the NCPD don't inspire a lot of confidence they are the "good guys"--the act of using mercs alone as judge, jury, and executioner is pretty gross.

I dunno, just a thought. I'm enjoying the game, but it's a weird quirk.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    ostensibly the idea is ur meant to be buying is that the cops are essentially just an extra-large and powerful gang with factions, underhand dealings etc

but its not handled well

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Because of the way the game world works you're very rarely working for good guys. The cyberpsycho missions you're saving people from a brutal system and Delamain is at least a benign amoral rogue AI. But most of the time the best you can hope for is siding with the honorable criminals over the truly evil ones.

Everyone is screwing somebody and looking to use you as a dildo.

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Cop corruption is kind of like sex in cp2077: ‘whole lotta talk and very little show.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Because of the way the game world works you're very rarely working for good guys. The cyberpsycho missions you're saving people from a brutal system and Delamain is at least a benign amoral rogue AI. But most of the time the best you can hope for is siding with the honorable criminals over the truly evil ones.

There are some characters who don't seem to behave that way, for example, Panam. But yeah, clearly you are a means to an end for like... 95% of the fixers and contacts.

Shit, I was convinced Jackie was going to completely screw you in the end.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

There are some characters who don't seem to behave that way, for example, Panam. But yeah, clearly you are a means to an end for like... 95% of the fixers and contacts.

Shit, I was convinced Jackie was going to completely screw you in the end.

I mean, he technically kind of does.

5gsowHm.png
    edited February 2022
    Even the good characters are usually connected to a group that isn't as universally good and at least some of what you do with/for them is for that group and not them personally. The Aldecaldos are arguably the best group because they end up doing a lot for you (especially in one particular ending), but they do ask quite a bit in return and if not for said ending I think the balance is mostly in their favor. But for a more common example take Judy. She's another genuinely good person, but a big part of her missions is for the Mox with her as a point of contact, and the whole Mox vs. Tiger Claw thing is very much honorable criminal vs. malignant criminal.

Hevach on
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

About the bolded...
    Ever wonder where they get MaxTac recruits from? You know, the cybered out, incredibly violent, "kill everything in front of them" force? Yeah...

It's not openly stated, but definitely make sure to check out some of the terminals/messages when you're doing those. Like yes, on one hand you are totally saving these people from arbitrary execution at the hands of NCPD. On the other...

Fundamentally, in CP2077/CP2020/CP Red, there are no, and I mean no, none, zero, "good guys". It's an artifact of the setting. Maybe some of the AIs, but they're too alien to really even register on a human morality scale, and that's aside from the emergent intelligences of the net itself.

My apprehension is less about everyone being shitty and more about what a police force in a city full of poor, destitute, diverse people represents.

I’m not bent out of shape about it because I think this game has the depth of a sheet of paper, but I’m aware of the icky-ness when I’m engaged in “law enforcement” and it makes me feel weird.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    My apprehension is less about everyone being shitty and more about what a police force in a city full of poor, destitute, diverse people represents.

I’m not bent out of shape about it because I think this game has the depth of a sheet of paper, but I’m aware of the icky-ness when I’m engaged in “law enforcement” and it makes me feel weird.

yeah, I literally didn't do any of the shitty police things that popped up. They felt totally out of place and also super gross. There was also that one fixer who gave just the sleaziest corpo contracts, I wanted to shoot that fucker so bad.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

The full gameplay rebalance does tend to have enemies die relatively fast.* Though they do on normal in unmodded cyberpunk too.

However you’re also kind of unable to set difficulty in cyberpunk. In that the full gameplay rebalance changes difficulty in a bunch of different ways besides “how many HP do enemies have”. Whereas the main difficulty settings in game are hard coded to dmg multipliers.

In order to set difficulty in the full gameplay rebalance you will need to edit ini’s or choose one of the presets. The nexus page should have more information about how to set difficulty and what each one does.

It should be possible to get the more to have tankier enemies and if you’re using realistic you will definitely need to use cover (unless you’re melee with the lynx paws)

*at least on the “realistic” setting.

@Grundlestiltskin

Edit: like. Unmodded on the highest difficulty it’s very easy, build depending to just walk through the game. (It’s also possible to just like…oops total shit build). The gameplay rebalance is definitely better than basic (it also hugely reduces the item grind)
    dporowski wrote: »

About the bolded...
    Ever wonder where they get MaxTac recruits from? You know, the cybered out, incredibly violent, "kill everything in front of them" force? Yeah...

It's not openly stated, but definitely make sure to check out some of the terminals/messages when you're doing those. Like yes, on one hand you are totally saving these people from arbitrary execution at the hands of NCPD. On the other...

Fundamentally, in CP2077/CP2020/CP Red, there are no, and I mean no, none, zero, "good guys". It's an artifact of the setting. Maybe some of the AIs, but they're too alien to really even register on a human morality scale, and that's aside from the emergent intelligences of the net itself.

Nah. The cops are definitely the “good guys” in the game and the ones that aren’t are very much seen as “rotten apples”. You only get work that enforces the power structure of the police and this is never really commented on at all.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The funniest part about the cyberpsycho storyline, besides the payoff being pretty lame, is that they spend the entire time with the subtext portraying it as a horrific product of excessive cyberization and the consequences of end-stage capitalism enforcing this baseline sacrifice of humanity as an expectation of their workers

And then the ability to induce Cyberpsychosis is an equippable ability that players can casually inflict on others during combat

I have a problem. I have a Man V a significant chunk into the game (about to go trash some floats), but I just made a Woman V and she is like 1000% cooler than my current character.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I have a problem. I have a Man V a significant chunk into the game (about to go trash some floats), but I just made a Woman V and she is like 1000% cooler than my current character.

Should have read the thread ;(. Female V is sooo much better voiced

wbBv3fj.png
    You fell right into the worst trap that these games have. If you start a new character you need to be 100% sure that you're comfortable never playing your other character again lol.

It's why it took me 6 years to beat Skyrim.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    The 100 hour run I spent with this game flew by and now I hear they're adding cybermon?

You son of a bitch. I'm (back) in.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile