As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/MYEZicRAk4Q

Battlegrounds is getting a system where every hero will have a unique minion that unlocks over time during a match

liEt3nH.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Well that's a hell of a shake-up. Did they say if it will be a limited time event thing like the Darkmoon spells?

I don't know but honestly I think this is a good idea, there could stand to be slightly more tools to tinker with for balance.

liEt3nH.png
    It's definitely a good idea to inject some new life into BGs for a while. From some of the examples Rdu gave of task progression, it sounds like it could railroad some heroes into more rigid game plans and potentially exacerbate low rolling, but it'll at least make the game feel fresh in the short term. I'm sure the asymmetry of the buddies will cause some big tier shifts for some heroes.

But the good news is if people do get sick of it after a while they can always just yoink it back out like they did with Darkmoon.

Bru'kan looks like a solid Top 4 hero.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    balance changes leaked on a russian forum
    Sorcerer's Apprentice to 4 mana
    Rapid Fire to 2 mana deal 2
    Incanter's Flow to 4 mana
    Cloak of Shadows to 4 mana
    Raid the Docks nerfed (unknown, maybe 3/3/2?)
    Rokara Hero to 10 armor (don't know if weapon changed)
    Scabbs Hero to 8 mana
    Wildpaw Gnoll to 6 mana, 3/5

could be fake but leaks generally end up being accurate

we are flipping from a poison rogue meta to a mozaki one, cya game

Beasteh on
    wholly believable nerfs

sorcerer's apprentice definitely being removed from next year's core set at that point

liEt3nH.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It's not in this year's core set I don't think?

+2 mana is an absolute nuke of a nerf to Ignite and Flamewaker combos though. Odd Hunter nerf is solid, but I expect the Pirate Warrior nerf will be pretty heavy handed if they're trying to change Wild this much.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Uh, I just logged into Hearthstone and had a pop up that said "3200 Arcane Dust Earned!" That happen to anyone else?

Only thing I could find was a post from March 2021: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/compensation-for-certain-cards-from-classic-packs/57685

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Uh, I just logged into Hearthstone and had a pop up that said "3200 Arcane Dust Earned!" That happen to anyone else?

Only thing I could find was a post from March 2021: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/compensation-for-certain-cards-from-classic-packs/57685
    Looks like it's something they'll officially announce tomorrow - they're rolling out dust for some of the issues that have happened with uncraftables/quest reward card drops like alterac honour stuff? But also some people are getting more than intended and it's eating the cards it's for???

liEt3nH.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Now I have too much dust!

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Damn you Microsoft!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Raid the Docks nerfed (unknown, maybe 3/3/2?)
    Rokara Hero to 10 armor (don't know if weapon changed)
    Scabbs Hero to 8 mana

could be fake but leaks generally end up being accurate

we are flipping from a poison rogue meta to a mozaki one, cya game

Were people playing Sorcerer's Apprentice?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    The only Wild Mage decks atm are Ignite and Flamewaker.

The former uses Sanctum Chandler and Apprentices to cycle through 0 mana Ignites. The latter is a tad more board based and used Drek'thar to pull out Apprentices and or Flamewakers and put out 20 to 40 pings.

Ignite goes from a turn 7ish otk to a turn 8ish one, and has a way lower chance of highrolling a turn 6 kill. Flamewaker is probably just dead since Drek'thar can't pull 4 drops.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I got 8k dust

Twice

I now have over 24k dust. I'll take it

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Ah, so that probably puts the final nail in the coffin for Wild Questline Hunter, which I feel has not been particularly effective for a couple of months now.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Ah, so that probably puts the final nail in the coffin for Wild Questline Hunter, which I feel has not been particularly effective for a couple of months now.

It works but not to the Tier 1 level that I see on a lot of the Wild lists, yeah.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I got 8k dust

Twice

I now have over 24k dust. I'll take it
    How the fuck did you get so much?

You might want to check again because the dust I got earlier today is now gone.

Damn. I wonder what would have happened if you had spent it all first. Maybe they'd just rollback everything you crafted too.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    You might want to check again because the dust I got earlier today is now gone.

Dang I hope not

So based on THIS note, they tried to do something and it borked and the rollbacks are all over the place and it's going to take a bit to unscrew.

edited January 2022
    These issues don't instill me with a ton of confidence that the "heal up" won't somehow end up leaving me with less dust or cards than I'm supposed to have.

forty on
    I was under 1600 before the FREE DUST and was going to craft a legend after work.

Seriously wonder what my dust score would be if I did it earlier. Zero? MINUS-something-or-other?

Likely negative. They've put people at negative gold for spending erroneous gold before.

People have had their actual personal dust removed now so lol

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    People have had their actual personal dust removed now so lol

Looks increasingly like I hit the eject button at the right time ...

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    The claim from blizzard is that no one has had person dust removed who didn’t also craft cards in the window between being given the dust and the dust being removed.

Example: Player had 500 dust, was given 1200 dust. Player crafts legendary, putting them at 100 dust remaining. Dust clawback happens, the account is docked -1200 dust, but can’t go below zero. Player now has less dust that before the gift, but is 1 card richer. Card crafting with the bonus dust was not rolled back.

That’s what they are claiming. Considering that A) they erroneously gave everyone too much/double dust while B) removing all copies of uncraftable cards instead of just the extras, then C) went on Twitter and made the statement “we can make people have negative dust, but we are still exploring our options, but then choosing to D) not penalizing anyone for taking the free dust and crafting 4x copies of the data mined about to be nerfed cards to hoard it, I don’t have a clue why anyone would trust their word right now.

Exploit early and often, apparently. Especially when the QA department is apparently on strike.

ronzo on
    this week's VS report is out and it's a sad fart, we should be seeing some balance changes announced any time now so hopefully standard will become playable once more

ronzo wrote: »
    D) not penalizing anyone for taking the free dust and crafting 4x copies of the data mined about to be nerfed cards to hoard it
    Oh man I should have done that.

edited January 2022
    thats the true galaxy brain play right there

e: balance changes confirmed, they are precisely what was leaked yesterday
    Raid the Docks nerfed to 3/3/2
    Rokara Hero to 10 armor
    Scabbs Hero to 8 mana

Beasteh on
    Some important rules changes in the bug fix section too.
    Updated more individual card timings to make them match the general timing rules. The most notable update in this pass is that cards with “while damaged” effects will persist through enchantments. For example, a damaged Grommash will now have 7 Attack after a Wave of Apathy, instead of 1. In this pass, Lightborn Cariel (the final reward from the Paladin Questline, Rise to the Occasion) was also updated to now work like similarly worded cards, such as Southsea Captain, when a card like Equality is played (your Silver Hand Recruits would have 3 Health).

It's over the top but still amused me:
    65a8rzlxevc81.png

US players who spent any of the free dust that got taken back the other day, they are handing out suspensions/bans for it

it just keeps getting more and more laughable

(worth noting also that the QA team has been on strike since before xmas so if you ever wonder why HS is a steaming pile right now, welllll)

I guess the pic isn't over the top if that's true.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Haven't played battlegrounds in a while, what's the point of giving heroes starting armor as opposed to just starting them at that health value? Or is this some spaghet code nonsense where the game implodes if their initial health doesn't end in a 0 or 5

Donnicton wrote: »
    Haven't played battlegrounds in a while, what's the point of giving heroes starting armor as opposed to just starting them at that health value? Or is this some spaghet code nonsense where the game implodes if their initial health doesn't end in a 0 or 5

So the armour specifically is meant to sort of variably update based on how much a hero is winning. Then on top of that, there are minions that care about how much health you've lost, so having it be armour keeps that/those minions from having their value change on a hero per hero basis based on their success

liEt3nH.png
    edited January 2022
    Seeing quite a bit of druid on the high level Twitch streams. I think there's a fair chance it'll be Druidstone again after the patch.

forty on
    Wild VS #30: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/wild-vs-data-reaper-report-30/

Ranking is what you'd expect. They think Mecha'thun Warlock and Divine Spirit Priest could be sleeper T1 but sample size is low.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    US players who spent any of the free dust that got taken back the other day, they are handing out suspensions/bans for it

it just keeps getting more and more laughable

(worth noting also that the QA team has been on strike since before xmas so if you ever wonder why HS is a steaming pile right now, welllll)

On Reddit they are questioning the legitimacy of this claim. Are we sure these aren't just some people with an agenda against Blizzard?

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Once again I'm in my own weird little world of ladder that seems far removed from the stats. I keep expecting these other classes to turn into a Rogue on turn 3 or so, but then it turns out all these mages and priests are actually mages and priests.