As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Isn't "All-Saints Wake" their in-universe version of Halloween? Why is it happening in January?

*waves at the entirety of 2021*

much like a lot of things that were supposed to happen around November, it didn't

Dang, really? I guess I've got some Mandela Effect going on, because I swear I participated in All-Saints Wake last year.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Still working on BLM. Thanks everyone for the gameplay tips a page or two back. Has definitely helped make the class "feel" a lot better to play. I knew I was doing something wrong, which is why I brought it up.

What page was this on?

I'm BLM curious....

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Khraul wrote: »
    Still working on BLM. Thanks everyone for the gameplay tips a page or two back. Has definitely helped make the class "feel" a lot better to play. I knew I was doing something wrong, which is why I brought it up.

What page was this on?

I'm BLM curious....

Page 63. I opened the discussion with explaining how *I* was playing the class, which was terribly wrong. Don't do what I did.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Apparently there was a bug with the FFLogs site and paladin damage was actually lower than they were reporting. Whoooops. Thats hard for them, getting kicked while they're already so far down.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Apparently there was a bug with the FFLogs site and paladin damage was actually lower than they were reporting. Whoooops. Thats hard for them, getting kicked while they're already so far down.

It wasn't significant. Maybe 20 DPS if you were playing the class correctly. More if you weren't, though.

The bug was that the DOT from Blade of Valor & the DOT from Goring Blade are not supposed to stack. They don't in game, they overwrite one another. On FFLogs they don't, and it was counting the abilities as if they stacked. The PLD rotation has 1 tick per minute of DOT overlap, done properly, which amounts to about 20 DPS that FFLogs showed that wasn't happening.

If you did the PLD rotation badly and overwrote the Blade of Valor DOT with Goring Blade a lot, or vice versa, the effect would be larger.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I hit 90 and a guildie was nice enough to send me a set of dancer gear but now I’ve realized I have zero idea what kind of stats dancers want to meld. And it’s also not a super big deal yet I’m just kind of slowly unlocking/doing all the things like I just unlocked expert roulette today, but still it would be nice to learn some more of the technical side of things

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If I understand it correctly, what specifically you want to meld depends on what you have. What are you equipping, specifically?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I hit 90 and a guildie was nice enough to send me a set of dancer gear but now I’ve realized I have zero idea what kind of stats dancers want to meld. And it’s also not a super big deal yet I’m just kind of slowly unlocking/doing all the things like I just unlocked expert roulette today, but still it would be nice to learn some more of the technical side of things

It's Crit > Det > DH. Dancer doesn't meld for SkS.

FFXIV stats aren't very well balanced or complicated, ultimately.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    If I understand it correctly, what specifically you want to meld depends on what you have. What are you equipping, specifically?

At the moment it’s entirely the crafted stuff

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Isn't "All-Saints Wake" their in-universe version of Halloween? Why is it happening in January?

t7no4d1ccieg.jpg

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    It really only matters if you're trying to hit specific Skill Speed breakpoints or for the hyper-precise "no wasted stats" BiS sets. Otherwise you can just meld off of pure priority.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Endwalker stuff, ~84
    So uh. I'm back from the moon. That was a hell of a thing.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FINAL TWO AREAS ARE AND I AM HERE FOR IT.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dac wrote: »
    Endwalker stuff, ~84

*popcorn.gif*

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    missing a week 2 clear on P4S by 1% and then taking 6 raid hours in week 3 to finally finish the job is a vibe, but at least it is dead.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

*reaper catgirl in bdsm gear spinning frantically*

this meme contains EW ending spoilers
    vnudslmdnpom.png

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Endwalker stuff, ~84

I WAS NOT PREPARED

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Endwalker stuff, ~84

I WAS NOT PREPARED

no way you could've been

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah i never expected us to go to Argus but it was a bold move

liEt3nH.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Heavensward credits get!

This is deffo an expansion to play as a DRG.
    It just has a lot more weight and meaning for Estinien to hand you the Eye after the shit you went through in the first place about it.

And now I gotta go punch Nidhogg out of him *again*. How many times must I teach you this lesson, dude?

Anyway seeing as how a) I can't buy the game again until at least the 25th and b) GW2's expansion comes out in February, I'm probably going to keep picking away at things as an F2P for a while. Besides, there's a bunch of post Heavensward patch content still on the F2P I think.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Heavensward credits get!

This is deffo an expansion to play as a DRG.
    It just has a lot more weight and meaning for Estinien to hand you the Eye after the shit you went through in the first place about it.

And now I gotta go punch Nidhogg out of him *again*. How many times must I teach you this lesson, dude?

Anyway seeing as how a) I can't buy the game again until at least the 25th and b) GW2's expansion comes out in February, I'm probably going to keep picking away at things as an F2P for a while. Besides, there's a bunch of post Heavensward patch content still on the F2P I think.

Yep, goes right up to the patch 3.56 stuff, the last quests before Stormblood starts.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there's two whole more raid series!

liEt3nH.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    admanb wrote: »

It's Crit > Det > DH. Dancer doesn't meld for SkS.

FFXIV stats aren't very well balanced or complicated, ultimately.

This is almost entirely true, but there's a growing contingent of "meld one SKS to get a 2.49 GCD" out there that is picking up traction and I will probably go with soon. If you already have any SKS on any gear though, it's totally unnecessary.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Got my paladin into ARR postgame, and with queues taking forever, I decided to start something I might regret with her- the relic weapon. I managed to get hers to Zenith before logging for the night- and started my atma hunt. So far I'm 1/12 (Archer dropped off my first North Shroud FATE), and I've been grinding on South Shroud FATEs for dribbles of tickets and crafting junk, but went eight FATEs with no drop before I decided to call it. Hopefully I'll have better luck later.

I think the reported percentage chance of an atma drop is 25%?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    it took me around 19-20 hours of gameplay to go from Curtana Zenith to Excalibur Zeta.

That was at lvl 80 at the time though, blasting through the 80+ dungeons you need to do in 2-3 minutes per.

I still consider myself a healer main, and I’ve got all 4 healer classes at 90.

But BLM is really creeping up for me as a favorite. I’m 74 now. I haven’t earned any relic weapons yet, other than the base starters for Curtana 1.0 and Lawman.

BLM might be the first job I go full relic on. I haven’t decided which series I want to start with. But as soon as I get 90 I’ll probably get started on it.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Started leveling Bard next.

Man that's a lotta aoe damage

*joins aether farm party*

69hp0l6zifer.png

Tank Hard 2: Tank Harder

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    *joins aether farm party*

69hp0l6zifer.png

Tank Hard 2: Tank Harder

What are you talking about? I see a tank, three healers, and two DPS.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I am about to start the Final Steps of Faith y'all.

I

am having a lot more Feelings about this than I ever expected. Like. A *lot*. Especially as a Dragoon main, who started as a Dragoon... this is heavy.
    "I am going to stop you," she'd said, in what felt like an era ago.

"I am here to save you," she whispers now, as she takes Hraesvelgr's eye in hand.

edited January 2022
    I will say this: I’ve played through a good bit of the class stories- and I can say, without a doubt, Paladin is the absolute crappiest of them all. There’s just… absolutely no development of characters until the end, and the majority of them are just “go here, piss off the local wildlife and kill five whatevers, then come back and see me.”

Lancer/Dragoon, Rogue/Ninja, Conjurer/White Mage, Archer, Gladiator… all of these had some really great writing and characters behind them. But there’s nothing on this one other than a bit at the beginning and then a bit at the end and literally nothing in between.

If they were looking at class quests to rework, I’d strongly suggest putting some meat on the PLD class line.

Also, it’s high time we were just allowed to start as a Rogue instead of being forced to level something else to 10 and then becoming one…

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    If you think the ARR paladin quests are bad, just wait until you finish the Heavensward ones to know true suffering (unless that was what you meant). Stormblood PLD is good though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    It is done.
    ffxiv_01232022_213259_535.png

If you think the ARR paladin quests are bad, just wait until you finish the Heavensward ones to know true suffering (unless that was what you meant). Stormblood PLD is good though.

Stormblood pld is good because it goes back to basically being gladiator quests.

edited January 2022
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Got my paladin into ARR postgame, and with queues taking forever, I decided to start something I might regret with her- the relic weapon. I managed to get hers to Zenith before logging for the night- and started my atma hunt. So far I'm 1/12 (Archer dropped off my first North Shroud FATE), and I've been grinding on South Shroud FATEs for dribbles of tickets and crafting junk, but went eight FATEs with no drop before I decided to call it. Hopefully I'll have better luck later.

I think the reported percentage chance of an atma drop is 25%?

...and I had myself a bit of a FUUUUUUUCK moment tonight. Was finally awake enough to go look at the Atma locations: there is no Atma up for grabs in South Shroud. The only three parts of Gridania that have Atmas to unlock are North Shroud, Central Shroud and East Shroud.

...but at least I have crafting junk and about a thousand GC coupons to show for it... (not really a fair trade, but gotta look on the bright side).

EDIT: Also, remember maintenence is tomorrow night- 11 p.m. EST to 5 a.m. EST, but might go longer- for a) patch 6.08 and b) the opening of the Oceania data center.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I will say this: I’ve played through a good bit of the class stories- and I can say, without a doubt, Paladin is the absolute crappiest of them all. There’s just… absolutely no development of characters until the end, and the majority of them are just “go here, piss off the local wildlife and kill five whatevers, then come back and see me.”

I got a warning bell when the level 30 quest after Gladiator is just "Hey kid, wanna be a paladin?"

We had a great clip on our first night of UWU prog, when things sorta fell apart partway through Ifrit phase.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TemperedAverageBobaVoHiYo-jAZ_wk5hsQp9jaIv

edited January 2022
    Me @ Estinien in ARR: lmao who is this edgy shonen rival jerk? Imma kick his ass

Me @ Estinien in Heavensward: sob... you're a jerk but you're MY jerk...... we are the left & right eyes of the dragon*.......... im not letting you die today................ /simple & clean remix playing softly in the distance

* this is true -- the Eye of Nidhogg that Estinien has is the right eye; Haldrath, whose spirit joins you when you defeat Estinien at the end of the Lvl 50 DRG quest, has the left. When you go after Nidhogg!Estinien on the Steps of Faith, Hraesvelgr specifically gives you his left eye.

Lucid_Seraph on
This discussion has been closed.