As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Dixon wrote: »
    I see a lot of people discounting touchdown Tom. I’m pretty sure that’s lich sustenance energy.

I'm not discounting him, all I'm saying is Aaron Donald and von Miller are gonna be like legolas and gimli counting kills and by kills I mean sacks on good old tommy

Brady had the fastest time to throw if anyone all year last weekend against the Eagles. If Wirfs is out or not 100%, he’s probably going to need to be that fast again.

I kinda expect that if the Bucs coaching staff starts calling long developing plays that result in sacks, Brady will declare himself the new OC and start running a no-huddle offence that focuses on getting the ball out fast.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I see a lot of people discounting touchdown Tom. I’m pretty sure that’s lich sustenance energy.

I'm not discounting him, all I'm saying is Aaron Donald and von Miller are gonna be like legolas and gimli counting kills and by kills I mean sacks on good old tommy

Brady had the fastest time to throw if anyone all year last weekend against the Eagles. If Wirfs is out or not 100%, he’s probably going to need to be that fast again.

I kinda expect that if the Bucs coaching staff starts calling long developing plays that result in sacks, Brady will declare himself the new OC and start running a no-huddle offence that focuses on getting the ball out fast.

Did we ever hear what happened to Jensen? I thought he was gonna be out early against the Eagles, 'cause he was on the ground, and looking like he was in "not gonna be back in this one" style pain a little while after Wirfs went down, but then he came back in a series or 2 later.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that Von has been as productive as he's been, just based on how he was before he left Denver.

But it's one of the things with regards the NFL. If you've got an elite player at a position, it can draw attention such that they need to add an extra body. But if you've got TWO, then your opponent is basically hosed. Same applies with WR's, or a RB/running QB combo.

They may be able to hold the Rams off, especially given Brady's ability to get the ball out quick, but the Bucs OLine is not going to have a good day if he can't.

It wouldn't surprise me that part of it might be not playing a mile above sea level. It's probably not sustainable for much longer, but I'm sure a variety of factors has reinvigorated him for the time being.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Last week I went 3-3 on my picks, getting Buffalo, Tampa and San Francisco.

This week:

San Francisco over Green Bay. I think that Green Bay is overrated and San Francisco is underrated.

I want to pick the Bucs over the Rams, but given the injury luck of the Bucs I’m going to have to count out Touchdown Tom and pick the Rams.

Buffalo over Kansas City. Josh Allen will regress to a mere 4 TD, 250 yard performance, as the Bills win 34-3, and people will ask of Allen is the future GOAT.

Cincinnati over Tennessee. Chase will go off again and put up more points than Henry.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I think the Niners are going to get stomped by Green Bay. The high temp on Saturday will be 20 degrees, and it’s a night game. Plus Jimmy G has a “slightly” sprained shoulder.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    CIN, GB, TB, KC. that's my picks and i'm sticking to them :biggrin:

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    I think the Niners are going to get stomped by Green Bay. The high temp on Saturday will be 20 degrees, and it’s a night game. Plus Jimmy G has a “slightly” sprained shoulder.

I think it's going to be closer than a stomping. As a nominal GB fan, I have memories with regards 49ers run game vs Packers defense.

But if I put money on it straight up, I'd for sure put it on the Packers for the reasons you mention. If Lance had been given more opportunity during the season, I'd be sweating him being put in and Kaepernicking Green Bay in an embarassing fashion. But Shanahan went ride-or-die with Jimmy, and I'm fairly sure he won't want to mix it up unless he's forced to.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Packers run D is real bad. But on the other hand they can hand off to Dillion enough to free up a downfield play, rince and repeat.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Bosa and Warner might also be out. Once they went out, the Cowboys started their comeback. GB will walk away with this one easy outside of injury.

LA/TB is a bit of a toss up. Both teams have flaws, so it'll just come down to who plays better. KC/Buf is similar, if they both play well, it's a toss up. But with Football, there's always the chance for a slow start or a bad game that can derail any team.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Bosa and Warner might also be out. Once they went out, the Cowboys started their comeback. GB will walk away with this one easy outside of injury.

LA/TB is a bit of a toss up. Both teams have flaws, so it'll just come down to who plays better. KC/Buf is similar, if they both play well, it's a toss up. But with Football, there's always the chance for a slow start or a bad game that can derail any team.

Yeah, if both are out, I agree. Green Bay will just march down the field each possession, and will only need a little help on D to keep the 49ers from keeping up.

I want the Rams to win. I think the Rams D is stronger than the Bucs D, with similar offensive capacity, but I can't see Brady being forced into fucking up (as much as I might wish it), and I can absolutely see Stafford doing so. Also, Brady's deal with the devil remains strong, so random chance favors the Bucs.

I think the Chiefs/Bills game is the hardest pick, in that it's most likely to be closest. Titans/Bengals is hard too, but that's likely to have the wilder outcome. Can absolutely see a collapse of one team over the other that leads to a 30+ point blowout, than I can in the Chiefs/Bills game.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I think if the Rams D can play like they did last week it could be a rough day for Brady. Between the injuries to the line and with the Bucks thin at receiver, things could get ugly.

• SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    I agree that I think the Rams have a shot against the Bucs. Everything just looked too easy for them on Monday.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Tom Brady is still the best QB in the league, it’s fucking dumb that he’s still so good

He’s going to have a tough day for sure but have you all considered he’s playing against Matthew Stafford, who’s closest comp this season is Jared Goff circa 2018?
    xmn959wyo737.jpeg
    h5sx2g6y30cz.jpeg

Captain Inertia on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    But have you considered that Tom has lost to the derpiest of QBs twice when it mattered!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Tom Brady is still the best QB in the league, it’s fucking dumb that he’s still so good

He’s going to have a tough day for sure but have you all considered he’s playing against Matthew Stafford, who’s closest comp this season is Jared Goff circa 2018?
    xmn959wyo737.jpeg

Wow that... image certainly tells a tale. "exactly as good as his pass blocking is until the one year his pass blocking fell apart and he was entirely broken as a QB"

wbBv3fj.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I see Ken Norton Jr. has been fired as Seattle’s DC.

I don’t really agree with the decision, when you gut an all-time great defense and don’t put in the work to rebuild it you can’t be surprised when the defense sucks.

But Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider aren’t gonna fire themselves so Ken had to go.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »

I don’t really agree with the decision, when you gut an all-time great defense and don’t put in the work to rebuild it you can’t be surprised when the defense sucks.

But Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider aren’t gonna fire themselves so Ken had to go.

Yeah that feels like previous firings in management not the problem. Oh well that's basically hawks moves in general.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think the team needs to move on from PC/JS but the defense has been miserable for KNJ's entire tenure. They've had talent, including some of the best players in that position, and have just looked lost on the field. That's on the DC.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    knitdan wrote: »

Proves more and more Carroll is a Piece of shit coward , who will throw anyone, including former USC players, under the bus, for his ultimate fuck ups.

Newsflash Pete, there are how many younger versions of you , not including on your own goddamned division, that are outcoaching your dinosaur ass, period.

Once They trade Russ for Anyone that will be a lapdog for Coach "Jetfuel", Hawks will return to a decade of suck. Pete has noone to blame but himself.

Ticaldfjam on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Also, the ivermectin that Joe Rogan suggested causes him to visibly shit himself on national TV.

Meh, I already saw him host Jeopardy

And Tox wins award for best off the cuff response of this thread.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Also, the ivermectin that Joe Rogan suggested causes him to visibly shit himself on national TV.

Fuck yeah.

Who's the real winner now, Tawmmy boy?!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    edited January 2022

Fuck yeah.

Who's the real winner now, Tawmmy boy?!

Well... he's worth hundreds of millions of dollars, is recognized as one of the greatest ever in his field, and is adored by thousands.

Other than quality shitposting on the internets, I don't know you.

But I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say... he is? :)

MorganV on
    Aaron Rodgers called into ESPN to say he's being silenced. Yep that's yep.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Which is fucking hilarious because the NFL decided to halt daily testing on unvaccinated players. Because they don't want to accidentally have Rodgers test positive during the playoffs.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Which is fucking hilarious because the NFL decided to halt daily testing on unvaccinated players. Because they don't want to accidentally have Rodgers test positive during the playoffs.

Somewhere, Cole Beasley chugs a beer down.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This weekend's broadcast schedule:

Saturday-
    4.30p EST - Cincinnati at Tennessee - CBS (Ian Eagle, Trent Green)
    8.00p EST - San Francisco at Green Bay - FOX (Buckman)

Sunday-
    3.00p EST - Los Angeles at Tampa Bay - NBC (Al Michaels, Some Loudmouth)
    6.30p EST - Buffalo at Kansas City - CBS (Jim Nantz, Tony Romo)

Bold Prediction: Aaron Rodgers out-douches Tom Brady.

I am most looking forward to the KC Buffalo game.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I am most looking forward to the KC Buffalo game.

Yeah I’m here to see Sunday’s results.

Preacher wrote: »
    The thing that is dumb is that all Aaron Rodgers hast to do is shut the fuck up. If he shuts the fuck up the NFL will protect him. He won’t lose any sponsorships, or if he does he’ll be able to get another one next year. Literally it is his best option.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The thing that is dumb is that all Aaron Rodgers hast to do is shut the fuck up. If he shuts the fuck up the NFL will protect him. He won’t lose any sponsorships, or if he does he’ll be able to get another one next year. Literally it is his best option.

Aaron Rodgers to appear on ESPN later to call out internet comic forum user Zepherin for cancelling him.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan

Aaron Rodgers to appear on ESPN later to call out internet comic forum user Zepherin for cancelling him.
    I would literally put that on my resume.

I would literally put that on my resume.

Do it anyway! Who even checks those things?

Professional Development:
    *Quality Control: USACE CQM, QASP Performance, Maximo
    *Safety: OSHA 30, EM385 1-1, Asbestos awareness
    *Made Aaron Rodgers cry on national TV about being canceled

Professional Development:
    *Quality Control: USACE CQM, QASP Performance, Maximo
    *Safety: OSHA 30, EM385 1-1, Asbestos awareness
    *Made Aaron Rodgers cry on national TV about being canceled

When sending in resumes to Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota, just make sure to move it to the top of the resume.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Did Rodgers even lose one sponsor? I mean Allstate kept showing his smug ass and I think he got even more obnoxious in the more recent ads.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Did Rodgers even lose one sponsor? I mean Allstate kept showing his smug ass and I think he got even more obnoxious in the more recent ads.

He supposedly was pulled as a spokesperson for some local medical offices.

But he's still rocking the greasy mullet as a smug douche in state farm commercials, they never pulled him

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

According to CBS Sports, Panthers HC Matt Rhule would be “at the top” of Michigan’s list if Jim Harbaugh bolts back to the NFL. https://t.co/Z5wokdbCF8

Do it, coward

Trade ya

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    NFL reporters are aggressively clueless about Michigan so I would ignore that report.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    I thought this was just a stunt by Jim to get Michigan to show up with a dump truck full of money.

But if not I’d like Denver to get him.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    It's Vegas or Michigan, by most reports. But who actually knows.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.