As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help Tef unpack all his stuff

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Why the heck are those trees purple blue?

You live in a topsy-turvy demon world or something??

I don't remember what kinda tree it is, but that's how they flower. They're nice, I like 'em. And no, a lot more south than SoCal.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    They look like Jacarandas

Carpy wrote: »
    They look like Jacarandas

Yea that's them.

• Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    That really doesn't narrow your location down much
    A cosmopolitan plant, Jacaranda mimosifolia is quite common in Paraguay, Southern California, Florida, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Zambia and has been introduced to most tropical and subtropical regions to the extent that it has entered popular culture. It has been planted widely in Asia, with trees visible in many parts of Nepal, Pakistan and India.

• useruser Registered User regular
    I didn't know there were Jacaranda in Australia, wow.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    user wrote: »

On the flip side, this is the first time I’ve realised they’re not Australian natives.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Oh, they're everywhere that it's warm.

No wonder I've never heard of them.

You folks ever heard of... uh...

a lodgepole pine?

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

On the flip side, this is the first time I’ve realised they’re not Australian natives.

this is me and like every other plant I get excited about here

Turns out all of our shelf mushrooms are native so i guess we got that

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Oh, they're everywhere that it's warm.

No wonder I've never heard of them.

You folks ever heard of... uh...

a lodgepole pine?

Ew, no, ew!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

I can proudly say I already knew this as I learned it a month ago.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Why the heck are those trees purple blue?

You live in a topsy-turvy demon world or something??

It's Crepe Myrtle trees. And sometimes, late at night, if you listen closely, you can hear the screams of the failing washing machine bearings that consigned old man Miele to his fate.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Jack-around-a-instead-a-selling-a-washing-machine-a trees

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Whenever I hear the word "jacaranda" I get a bad South African radio jingle stuck in my head

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Hey @Blake T can I buy your washing machine

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Anzekay are you engaged in the illicit washing machine trade, because you already sold ONE washing machine last year! And here you are, looking to buy one!

The timing on this is suspicious.

MechMantis wrote: »
    Anzekay are you engaged in the illicit washing machine trade, because you already sold ONE washing machine last year! And here you are, looking to buy one!

The timing on this is suspicious.

I moved somewhere that already had one, now I’m moving somewhere that doesn’t have one!

But I’ve been informed by Viv that the washing machine has in fact already been sold!!!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I sold it like months ago, you should stay with the times.

The times, they are a-changing.. to have fewer washing machines for sale.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    BlakeT can never sell a washing machine.

The washing machine will never be sold.

We were always at war with Eastasia

There was an entire thread about me selling it.

Blake T wrote: »
    I sold it like months ago, you should stay with the times.

To be fair it looked like you were never gonna sell it so I kinda just stopped checking for updates

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I still don't believe you sold it

prove to me you don't have a washing machine

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Don't you have a new washing machine

Why don't you sell that one

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Don't you have a new washing machine

Why don't you sell that one

not to tef though

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Top 10 Anime Betrayals

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Tef, or as we know him Tef the Washing Machineless

Jedoc wrote: »

Top 10 Anime Betrayals

Look, everyone was so busy acting smug about everything, who was I to ruin their fun.

Really, I’m the good guy here.

someone sell me a washing machine

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    someone sell me a washing machine

I have one in a storage unit in Sydney. You can buy that if you can get access to it.

It was going to cost 5k AUD to get that stuff by Jan in Melb (:

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    My Whirlpool Duet dryer is making a screeching sound when I try to use it. It's like a ten dollar fix, but the access is in the back, and I have no way to get it down from on top of the washer to access it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Have you heard of ladders

• Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Have you heard of ladders

Have you tried convincing a washing machine to climb down a ladder?

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Did you know the reason they have poles in fire stations is that washing machines would get in the building, climb the stairs and be impossible to get back down?

They tried to fix it with winding stairs to keep the washing machines from getting to the second floor, but that was too slow when the fire fighters needed to get down, so they went with poles as a solution.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    My Whirlpool Duet dryer is making a screeching sound when I try to use it. It's like a ten dollar fix, but the access is in the back, and I have no way to get it down from on top of the washer to access it.

This is why you need a fancy 90-degree swivel wall-mount like Blake had (or is that a lie too)

Captain Inertia on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I know it's been over a year and this thread is long forgotten, but I thought I'd share with you something @Tef and I were cooking up during 2021 for this thread. This only came back to light because of the job thread where Tef brought it up and @Blake T saw the post.

Basically, I contacted Tef about creating audio for this red hot Washing Machine thread. I proposed creating audio clips in various styles that we'd share with the thread upon completion. While the idea eventually fizzled out, I did create some sample audio for some ideas I had.

As for the audio, I had three different ideas in mind; the Conspiracy Theory, the Historian, and Randomized Voice Quotes.

The Conspiracy was about a person who believes there's a deep, dark, and sinister reason for the Washing Machine thread. I intentionally read this on the fly without a script to make it sound more real, only pulling up random quotes from the thread as "proof".

The Historian relayed the story of the Washing Machine as though it were a major historical event.

Finally, the Randomized Voice Quotes just had me pulling up posts from the thread and applying silly voices to them.

While I enjoyed creating all three, I believe my favorite was the Conspiracy Theory. Mostly because I didn't have a script, which allowed me to go more into character and bumble through my words. Makes it sound more believable, and therefore, more entertaining.

I hope you enjoy the audio and a reminder of the amazingness of this thread!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    man this thread is an all-time classic

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Someone get Blake another washing machine to sell.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Someone get Blake another washing machine to sell.

I think @tef might have one

• TefTef Registered User regular
    You know what

My place got flooded out in the recent NZ flooding. We lost a bunch of shit, but one thing I didn’t lose was the washing machine. With the house gone, my wife, baby and I had to move in with my parents. At that time we decided that within the next 18 months, we’d be moving back home to Australia. With that in mind, we decided that we’d sell our big shit, including the washing machine.

This is all in service of saying that, despite still reeling from the impacts of a devastating flood, having to move house, being the central coordinator for my employer’s recommissioning of our plant, and managing a baby under one I STILL MANAGED TO SELL A WASHING MACHINE IN UNDER TWO WEEKS, BLAKE

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Also I wish we had the washing machine thread from the holiday hangout from that year. I remember that being a hilariously good time

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke