As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Tox wrote: »
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Josh Allen won this game twice and is going home because the Bills defense is just fucking exhausted and the NFL is fine with flipping coins to decide games.

Why in the hell do Not keep the same regular season OT rules into the Postseason? Bills also should be had another shot at tying.

They did, these are the same rules.

I thought the regular season one was changed to matched college. One team scores a touchdown, other one has a chance to tie or its over.

Ticaldfjam on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    NFL OT rules suck

• UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
    Ursus wrote: »
    So in this round we saw rodgers, Brady, and Mahomes knocked out. That’s 3/3 for the big name qb’s in the playoffs

Well this didn’t age well

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    So in this round we saw rodgers, Brady, and Mahomes knocked out. That’s 3/3 for the big name qb’s in the playoffs

Well this didn’t age well

Meatloaf may be dead, but he was right. Two out of three ain't bad.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Preferences for remaining teams:

Kansas City
    Cincinnati
    San Francisco
    Los Angeles

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I continue to say that both teams should be guaranteed one offensive possession in OT.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I'm 100% on board with Josh Allen now, he's done a great job these last few weeks
    from playing a perfect game to willing his team back from the brink today

tommy and aaron cannot retire fast enough

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Josh Allen won this game twice and is going home because the Bills defense is just fucking exhausted and the NFL is fine with flipping coins to decide games.

Why in the hell do Not keep the same regular season OT rules into the Postseason? Bills also should be had another shot at tying.

They did, these are the same rules.

I thought the regular season one was changed to matched college. One team scores a touchdown, other one has a chance to tie or its over.

No, they have entirely different rulesets.

NFL: If team with first possession scores a TD they win. If they kick a FG, other team gets a chance to tie or win. After that sudden death. There is one difference between regular season and playoff which is that playoff OT is 15 minutes instead of 10 and they keep playing them (switching ends every 15 minutes) until someone wins.
    NCAA: 1st OT is each gets a possession starting at the opponent's 25, 2nd OT is the same but you have to go for 2 if you score, 3rd and beyond is just a two point shootout as of this year (and it's awful).

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • crzyangocrzyango Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Bad play calling lost it for the bills not a coin toss.

The offense not being allowed on the field in OT because of a coin toss may have an influence on the end of the game. Shocker.

It's an amazingly dumb way to set up OT rules.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    crzyango wrote: »

The offense not being allowed on the field in OT because of a coin toss may have an influence on the end of the game. Shocker.

The only bad play call by the Bills was the deep kick instead of a ground ball. After that, Bills D was just gassed.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular

I'm glad the Chiefs won, but the Bills should've had a chance to respond.

goddammit i dont want to watch ncis, i wanna watch the talking heads suck mahomes' dick

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!

The only bad play call by the Bills was the deep kick instead of a ground ball. After that, Bills D was just gassed.

Conceding a game tying FG out of fear of losing on a 60 yard hail mary was really, really bad. Also squib kicks are usually disasters because if the return team is smart it costs no time but gives away 10-15 yards.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    goddammit i dont want to watch ncis, i wanna watch the talking heads suck mahomes' dick

That's what ESPN is for. And you'll have all day tomorrow.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    The Bills D being gassed is the fault of play calling and time of possession.

If your offense has long drives a running game runs long drives instead of unleashing the dragon. You have gas in the tank for 4th quarter and OT.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular

That's what ESPN is for. And you'll have all day tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure you'll have all week!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Mahomes is a generational talent, with a beefed up O-line. We left a point with the missed PAT,, but thankfully gave the best player on the team (the game?) the ball back. He looked so fucking calm. Seriously, fucking 13 seconds on the clock to tie the game....he makes plays that only a handful in the history of the game could. Hats off to Allen, dude played with all his heart and shouldn't be ashamed of anything.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

These deepfakes are getting out of hand

Kc rams Superbowl probably
    Ultimate offense vs ultimate defense
    Also I still really want to see a defensive tackle win Superbowl mvp

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Mahomes is a generational talent, with a beefed up O-line. We left a point with the missed PAT,, but thankfully gave the best player on the team (the game?) the ball back. He looked so fucking calm. Seriously, fucking 13 seconds on the clock to tie the game....he makes plays that only a handful in the history of the game could. Hats off to Allen, dude played with all his heart and shouldn't be ashamed of anything.

Mahomes is in fact incredible but the 13 seconds was all coaching. First play was genuine brilliance from Reid. Like a down field screen against prevent intended to gain 20 yards. Super smart. Second play was malpractice from the Bills.

Plus, three timeouts.

The one Superbowl matchup I don't want to see is Bengals/Rams
    I have no interest in seeing a murder take place on the field
    If the Titans were able to sack Burrows 9 times, I shudder to think what Aaron Donald and friends will do to him

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Honestly I'd rather see the Rams/Bengals at this point because either Stafford gets a ring or the Bengals fandom finally gets some happiness

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    If the Titans were able to sack Burrows 9 times, I shudder to think what Aaron Donald and friends will do to him

My guess, Von and Aroid Donald will meet in the backfield, bisect the young Mr. Burrow with their bare hands, and send half his remains to Ames and the other half to Baton Rouge.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular

My guess, Von and Aroid Donald will meet in the backfield, bisect the young Mr. Burrow with their bare hands, and send half his remains to Ames and the other half to Baton Rouge.

Like two literal Bengals, eating a young cub.

• XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I have a cousin that points out that KC was on the losing side of this same situation not too long ago. The AFC Championship in 2019 went to overtime and the Patriots won the coin toss and then Brady marched down the field and scored a TD to win it and go to the Super Bowl.

Xantomas on
    I really want to see Bengals Rams. I think that game is the most fun. If only because that would mean the bengals beat the chiefs.

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    NFL OT rules should be like a game of Horse, but with field goals.

Each kicker sets up their tee at any spot on the field and kicks. Make it and the opposing kicker has to make it from the same spot or get a letter. First one to "NFL" loses.

No opposing team on the field. Just set your tee anywhere and kick. Chip shot from the 4 yard line? Ok. 75 yarder from outside the hash marks? Do it.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    The Bills D being gassed is the fault of play calling and time of possession.

If your offense has long drives a running game runs long drives instead of unleashing the dragon. You have gas in the tank for 4th quarter and OT.

The Bills entire offensive strategy was ball control running game until they were down 5 with under 3:00 to go…

Like they had one deep pass up to that point (a 75 yard score).

They aren’t that kind of team, and didn’t score enough points in that mode to avoid the full on track meet at the end. It wasn’t any unleashed dragons, it was not stopping KC as often as your running game stalled out.

maraji on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Xantomas wrote: »
    I have a cousin that points out that KC was on the losing side of this same situation not too long ago. The AFC Championship in 2019 went to overtime and the Patriots won the coin toss and then Brady marched down the field and scored a TD to win it and go to the Super Bowl.

Yes but it sucked then, too

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac

I am going to use that phrase in the future.

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    As a casual football fan who doesn't really have a 'team', I could totally go all in on KC being my guys. I like Mahomes as a dude and he's fun to watch, Andy Reid is like a grumpy teddy bear. It's all great fun. But then the fans will start that god damn chant and I find my skin crawling.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    As a casual football fan who doesn't really have a 'team', I could totally go all in on KC being my guys. I like Mahomes as a dude and he's fun to watch, Andy Reid is like a grumpy teddy bear. It's all great fun. But then the fans will start that god damn chant and I find my skin crawling.

The KC fan base also openly booed the moment if silence to stop racism at the beginning of this year..or maybe it was last year?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I’m mostly upset that we were SO CLOSE to “road teams win all 4 games by 3 points”.

MegaMan001 wrote: »

The KC fan base also openly booed the moment if silence to stop racism at the beginning of this year..or maybe it was last year?

It's almost like sports isn't a platonic ideal of equality and understanding!

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

If it helps, unlike the former Washington slurs, KC's owner and front office actually shows shame and embarrassment with the worst aspects of the Chief's moniker, and do their damndest to make the rest as tasteful as possible.

steam_sig.png
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

If it helps, unlike the former Washington slurs, KC's owner and front office actually shows shame and embarrassment with the worst aspects of the Chief's moniker, and do their damndest to make the rest as tasteful as possible.

Do their damndest, outside of changing the name.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Foefaller wrote: »

Do their damndest, outside of changing the name.

my wife, oldest, and I were watching the game - not really football people (other than my oldest) and my wife was like..."ew. kinda racist huh?"

can't say she's wrong