As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Planetary

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2022 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Planetary

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Thpoilerth.

• LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Ma-Ti feels left out

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Which one has the power of "heart?"

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The heart was removed when Disney bought the licence
    I don't know if that's accurate, I don't follow the Star Warses

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    They got Boba hanging out with teens? Is he a youth pastor?

The prequels were odd and plastic too, so it's hard to say for sure. And so was Return of the Jedi, actually.
    I think Star Wars has been puttering along on fumes for longer than I've been alive.

Bropocalypse on
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    They got Boba hanging out with teens? Is he a youth pastor?

The prequels were odd and plastic too, so it's hard to say for sure. And so was Return of the Jedi, actually.
    I think Star Wars has been puttering along on fumes for longer than I've been alive.

The main thing Star Wars had going for it was that it was Star Wars.

By which I mean it hit the scene when people hadn't done that kind of thing so well in so many different forms. I mean, it was even able to call itself "Star Wars".

• noxumbranoxumbra Registered User regular
    There are so many ways to make a cool cyborg biker gang. This was not the way.

• blueArcanablueArcana Registered User regular
    Intergalactic Planetary

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    noxumbra wrote: »
    There are so many ways to make a cool cyborg biker gang. This was not the way.

Yeah the vespa cyborg biker gang was kind of a let down. Honestly the whole show has been kind of meh? Like my favorite parts were the before parts and with this episode it looks like we're getting even less of those.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Those streamline moderne hovercycles could absolutely work, if you pulled up to Dexter Jettster diner on one and ordered a spaceburger. They could work on Tatooine if they were clearly second-hand and patched with parts of less-expensive machinery. They could even have been shiny and brand-new if the drivers were strangers on Tatooine, drawing suspicious looks from the regular inhabitants. But a native biker gang on a backwaters sand planet would not have anything shiny and new, full stop.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • CowboyCaseCowboyCase Registered User regular
    The hoverbikes were a bit out of place, but I kind of saw that as the point. I figured they were the Tatooine equivalent of spinning rims or jacking your car up high - impractical and showy, but that's the point. I can see the objections to it, but I didn't think it was really that bad.

What did bug me was the fight scene with the Wookie. Complete surprise, armed and at close range, and his tactics consist of tossing Fett around into convenient weapons? And if a Wookie with fancy space brass knuckles punches you full in the face, it shouldn't matter how well the your toy line sells, you're dead. Or at least not getting back up for more. Space weapons that are less effective than regular non-space weapons is sort of a recurring sci-fi pet peeve for me.

• Giant SloarGiant Sloar Registered User regular
    Oh look Disney is polishing its property to a spit shine so it can sell more toys. Context be damned. If this were the 80s I'd say they might load their parks with 50 cent speederbikes for the kiddies. These days they might go all in with a full rollercoaster/VR suite and have a $15 charge to reserve a spot in the line queue.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Be sure to check out the Build a Speederbike Experience where you build your own electric bike; choose your color, trim, and kyber crystal power cell. Shipping included.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Oh look Disney is polishing its property to a spit shine so it can sell more toys. Context be damned. If this were the 80s I'd say they might load their parks with 50 cent speederbikes for the kiddies. These days they might go all in with a full rollercoaster/VR suite and have a $15 charge to reserve a spot in the line queue.

Yeah, but in this case we're talking about Star Wars. It's like complaining about a new GI Joe cartoon being polished to sell more toys.

dennis on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The whole "high speed chase" was really lackluster. I think I could have caught up with them on foot and I'm a terrible runner with garbage lungs.

Though I did laugh at the requisite crash into fruit stand and going through a painting/pane of glass being carried across the street.

steam_sig.png