As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Me @ Estinien in ARR: lmao who is this edgy shonen rival jerk? Imma kick his ass

Me @ Estinien in Heavensward: sob... you're a jerk but you're MY jerk...... we are the left & right eyes of the dragon*.......... im not letting you die today................ /simple & clean remix playing softly in the distance

* this is true -- the Eye of Nidhogg that Estinien has is the right eye; Haldrath, whose spirit joins you when you defeat Estinien at the end of the Lvl 50 DRG quest, has the left. When you go after Nidhogg!Estinien on the Steps of Faith, Hraesvelgr specifically gives you his left eye.

Children of the land, do you hear
    Echoes of truths that once rang clear?
    Two souls intertwined

liEt3nH.png
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Stop stealing eyes from Dragons. It's making health care premiums skyrocket.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Hey, I wanted to give Hraesvelgr's eye back after the Nidhogg fight but like, he just. Flew off. I'm left there holding it like "... okay? do you want this back...?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Health insurance doesn't usually cover optical.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Post 5th area EW:
    me: i don't want to do errands for these nerds, can't I go beat up allagan stuff?

*twenty minutes later after cutscene with Moen's parents*

OH GOD MY THROAT HURTS AND MY EYES ARE RED WHY

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Post 5th area EW:
    me: i don't want to do errands for these nerds, can't I go beat up allagan stuff?

*twenty minutes later after cutscene with Moen's parents*

OH GOD MY THROAT HURTS AND MY EYES ARE RED WHY
    there's a side quest up in Old Sharlayan where it isn't explicitly said, but the little kid was very clearly neighbors with Moen and heard lots of story about Alphinaud.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Busted out more weapon stuff last night. Finished my Atma hunt and moved onto books… and I like these. The only downside is they cost 100 poetics each… but they’re a lot more fun than grinding FATEs.

I banged out the first one and will do the second partially this evening and then tomorrow.

If you want to do these, you’re going to need to bust out Grand Company ranks and stuff, because you’re going to be working out of Mor Dhona for grand company leves and you need Chief Sergeant rank to unlock them. It’s also a great way to just unlock all the leve stations all over.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    The original iteration of books was literally the worst thing any programmer has ever done. I'm glad that time has made them more bearable.

steam_sig.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    More EW (just pre Aitiascope)
    Oh, there's the confirmation, I guess, that the Underworld referred to is the aetherial sea, if it wasn't already given. The place where manipulations on memory just might be lifted.

I wonder if some smug, dapper gentleman with snapping fingers might appear before me.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    @Dhalphir have you noticed any indication that one of the OCE servers will be the "preferred" one? The chat in my GC seems to be pretty split, no obvious one that everyone is going to.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    @Dhalphir have you noticed any indication that one of the OCE servers will be the "preferred" one? The chat in my GC seems to be pretty split, no obvious one that everyone is going to.

Ravana.

Dhalphir wrote: »

Ravana.

Yeah I see on Reddit that may become the "raiding" server. Thanks.

• HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    Dhalphir have you noticed any indication that one of the OCE servers will be the "preferred" one? The chat in my GC seems to be pretty split, no obvious one that everyone is going to.

Ravana.

To back this up, from what i've been able to see - Ravana seems like it will be the most populous / raider focused, although i've seen some talk about bismark - but smart moneys on ravana. Sophia will be the unofficial RP server.

Anyways I cannot wait to start my new main, it'll be fun going from a potato to a bnnuy. I'm pretty set on doing my "Cannon" playthrough (matching my job to the WoL's trailer class plus trying to get all the bonus dialogue from sidequests).

I'm weirdly looking forward to going through all the expansions to see how they stack up to my memories.

Endwalker spoilers:
    I am actually kinda dreading endwalkers playthrough though, as during my first runthough I actually lost someone close to me I was caring for to cancer at the time. It may actually have been the narrative I needed to cope at that point, yknow fighting against despair and all that, but a replay already might be picking at a relatively fresh and painful wound. I suppose it's going to take a while to get back there though.

Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
    edited January 2022
    post Final Steps of Faith armor glam with unexpectedly nice lighting during a cutscene GO
    XS7R8YI.png

Also, it was nice to finally go to a nice dinner where
    Nobody got assassinated and I didn't get drugged by Make Ishgard Great Again fantatics. Even if it turned out my friend's sister got poisoned, but that wasn't related to the nice dinner, thank the gods.

H3vYMQn.jpg

Lucid_Seraph on
    the funniest shit about that dinner scene is that they didn't actually have leaf models ready-made for the spinach at the time so the models are shrunken-down mountains

liEt3nH.png
    edited January 2022
    the funniest shit about that dinner scene is that they didn't actually have leaf models ready-made for the spinach at the time so the models are shrunken-down mountains

kljsdfajklfdjkldsfjklsdfjksfjlksfdajfjsdlak

*oh man*

thank you for this amazing fact

mountain go cronch

*edit* I CANT UNSEE IT NOW LMAO

Lucid_Seraph on
    gwl9h4pcc2kb.png

mm delicious micro-trees

liEt3nH.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    What do you mean, that's clearly broccoli

I mean, to be honest, the biggest pain out of them is just waiting for FATEs to pop. But I’ve been catching up on ebooks while I wait for them. Enemies are easy to hunt down, dungeon runs are fun, leves are good sources of tickets (thankfully this character had a full charge of 100 saved up), but waiting for FATEs is the hard part, because you don’t know if it’s going to be a five-minute wait or much longer.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2022
    Patch Notes are up! Look here for the direct stuff.

Paladin, Dragoon, Ninja, Samurai, Dancer all got some nice love, and Marauder/Warrior, Monk, Machinist, Black Mage and Summoner all got some minor things too. Thrilled about Paladin, Ninja and Dragoon buffs, and I'm leveling a BLM in the future so the buffs to that are good.

Also Oceania is opening in a few hours, with the World Transfer Service reopening tomorrow. Might be a mini-housing rush depending how many players choose to transfer over.

Game's also going back on sale (digitally) in forty minutes or so, too.

Patch is up and available for download, but game is still down.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Might be a mini-housing rush depending how many players choose to transfer over.
    Not quite yet.
    The various residential districts on the new Worlds will be unavailable at launch, in order to provide an opportunity for both existing and new players to purchase housing. This restriction will be lifted when the sale of plots and apartments begin in Patch 6.1.

Players will not be able to travel to the residential districts, with the exception of the first ward of Empyreum, which will be open for display only.
    Also, change in server status. Balmung, Behemoth, Leviathan, and every Aether server are shifted to Congested.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I mean, to be honest, the biggest pain out of them is just waiting for FATEs to pop. But I’ve been catching up on ebooks while I wait for them. Enemies are easy to hunt down, dungeon runs are fun, leves are good sources of tickets (thankfully this character had a full charge of 100 saved up), but waiting for FATEs is the hard part, because you don’t know if it’s going to be a five-minute wait or much longer.

remember fate timers are realm specific, so you can world hop to check for fates. there's a couple in Coerthas that are on really awful timers.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I probably wouldn't recommend server hopping depending on how things go today(Tuesday), as a reminder sales start up again so we could see some queues again for a while. World server hopping is dependent on queue times, and this includes returning to your own world...

In regards to the housing rush I think he meant players trying to get plots on the old servers that are now vacant due to players going to OCE servers.

edited January 2022
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    p1s, which is a fight where you can get 100% uptime
    What if the boss decides to throw a bunch of Purgations at you?
    You can remain at max melee for the flares.
    Huh. I was worried about staying too close because I got the MT killed on multiple occasions with the flare. I just figured you had to get to the corner for safety.
    I just tried this on this morning's reclear. Got the tank killed and half the party dropped below 10% health. I'm just gonna not worry about maintaining 100% uptime on this fight (at least in DF/PF randoms). We get the clear easily enough anyway.
    In regards to the housing rush I think he meant players trying to get plots on the old servers that are now vacant due to players going to OCE servers.
    Oh, right. I plan to be vacating a Balmung plot tomorrow, myself.

SabreMau on
    edited January 2022
    Still logging into Tonberry, big queue as usual after maint. Reddit saying the queue into Ravana is over 1500, so looks like a lot of people checking it out.

Just checked the pings for me, Elemental is around 141ms, to Materia it's down to about 27ms. Keen to roll up a character and see if it's very noticeable in game.

Evermourn on
    Still logging into Tonberry, big queue as usual after maint. Reddit saying the queue into Ravana is over 1500, so looks like a lot of people checking it out.

Just checked the pings for me, Elemental is around 141ms, to Materia it's down to about 27ms. Keen to roll up a character and see if it's very noticeable in game.

It is. Very. Absurdly.

Javen wrote: »
    p1s, which is a fight where you can get 100% uptime
    What if the boss decides to throw a bunch of Purgations at you?
    You can remain at max melee for the flares.
    Huh. I was worried about staying too close because I got the MT killed on multiple occasions with the flare. I just figured you had to get to the corner for safety.
    I just tried this on this morning's reclear. Got the tank killed and half the party dropped below 10% health. I'm just gonna not worry about maintaining 100% uptime on this fight (at least in DF/PF randoms). We get the clear easily enough anyway.
    Oh, right. I plan to be vacating a Balmung plot tomorrow, myself.
    the MT still needs to stay max melee opposite whatever side you're max melee on, but it's fine if they do.

Not saying that it can't work, but it takes everyone being on the same page when JP strats tend more towards being less risky if it's just a minor decrease to one player's output in just a couple spots, especially on an easy fight where getting every sliver of damage isn't necessary. If they had in mind that the ST is gonna be greeding melee, the party would be backing away, but they're expecting me to be as far out as possible, so they're all crowded in near the boss's center not worrying about the flare going off.

edited January 2022
    Oh, you're doing PF. Yeah, that's not a great idea. As soon as I found out max melee opposite max melee was survivable I told my static they should start standing in max melee or they would die.

Dhalphir on
    A little of Party Finder, a little of Raid Finder. Made it up to two commendations on P1S this week (despite causing a wipe).

• HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    I am up way too late, but dang it's nice to have the oceanic servers. Still in the early game stuff but I can feel the low ping, just with my basic combos. I've been playing on Sephirot which was suprisingly busy - though that might just be people trying to get an extra 15days. Seems great so far though.

Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
    From what I hear, out of the Oceania servers, Ravana is shaping up to be the raiding/endgame server, and the roleplayers are flocking to Sophia.

Housing isn't going to open anywhere for them until 6.1 hits, so that ought to be a fun rush.

steam_sig.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    J48tOOS.jpg

Why I am not happy with White Mage right now.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    lucid dreaming and thin air as "situationally useful" with whm mp being in the state it is, is demented

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    J48tOOS.jpg

Why I am not happy with White Mage right now.

What type of content do you generally run with your WHM?

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    temperence, PoM, divine bennison, aqua veil are all great moves you should be using as much as possible. why would you avoid using tetra, a very strong ogcd? Why the heck wouldn't you be laying down your ground aoe...

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I don’t understand why any of those ogcds are on there. Even if that’s a representation of ‘be a green dps’ there’s no downside to weaving in your instant cast heap spells. They SPECIFICALLY designed healer recast times on their dps skills to accommodate this.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    there's no content that that makes sense for. even in dungeons you will use those skills. and the fact that you have your dps steroid listed under lol??? what??

This discussion has been closed.