As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    That's just maximum rogue, so hidden they play only cross-class cards!

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Trying out the new BGs patch, and man, shit like this feels really bad.

gd7a6x7a0uda.jpg

Yes, the meter stopped at 99% in the middle of combat.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Yes, the meter stopped at 99% in the middle of combat.
    So is that a bug? Or is that intended by design?

By design. You can only get so much meter per combat. I'm not sure exactly what the rules are for it.

edited January 2022
    Ohhh, that's frustrating. I get why it exists, but hitting 99% has got to feel like those times where your 1 Juggler/Avenge unit immediately gets sniped.

Edit: Drek'thar didn't seem very good to me from the patch notes.

forty on
    With Buddies, it seems like going up against AFKay on turns 1 and 2 is now the opposite of what you want.

forty wrote: »

Oh, he's super garbage. My other options were bad too, though, and I wanted to try a new hero.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    battlegrounds balance is gonna be fucked for a few weeks anyway so might as well fuck around

liEt3nH.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    People are playing non-odd Quest Hunter and man that deck is incredibly bad. Losing Rapid Shot hurts but it seems way better to keep your guaranteed 3 damage over jamming in a bunch of mediocre 2 mana spells.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    Marty81 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

Oh, he's super garbage. My other options were bad too, though, and I wanted to try a new hero.
    Oh I wasn't suggesting not to play him, more just looking for confirmation that I won a round of "guess if this hero will suck."

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Fwiw dog has an insanely long video where he rates every buddy. I think it's interesting if you are into BGs, but obviously has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's very hard to predict such a huge meta shift.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Some of the buddies are insane, and others feel like they’re barely worth having on your board. Like, scabbs buddy I probably should have just sold immediately

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Also poison is still stupid and bad; I understand they want a way to counter runaway stats at endgame but it’s too easy to get like, two reborn maexxnas in a turn or two

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Played 2 games, obv only anecdotal, ratings were reset etc.

Mukla feels v strong in the mid game. I got my Monkey turn 5, buffed a pupbot to 21/19 and smashed some faces in. Especially good since most heroes get their buddies/power spikes a turn or two later. You do need to transition into a real comp at some point, but just buffing good minions (tm) works for a while because the monkey is just so strong. I placed 3rd.

Maiev is kinda awkward. Her regular hero power is still weak since the nerf. The buddy is strong, but I had the problem that I was playing Rafaam curve. So when I got the buddy and the 2 next turns I actually wanted to level + hp, so I didn't have any gold to roll for something worthwhile to golden. It's probably correct to just get anything and treat it like a Eudora. Definitely feels awkward and will often turn out badly. I sold the buddy immediately, so I got two more later. Those felt stronger, because I had more room to get something good. I placed first with a golden Rag + reroll elemental comp.

I saw plenty of people die before or right when they got their golden buddy, so I feel like you really need to evaluate if you can afford to keep it on board. It's a way of playing for top4 vs playing for first.

/edit: Cookie is ridiculous. That buddy is super strong and I don't know why they made it tier 2. It's even a murloc, so it does work on your board if you can poison it. The hero was already top tier and it's only gotten better.

Grobian on
  • 45track45track Registered User new member
    Trying to climb in Hearthstone without a celebrity bonus is one of the best human miseries

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Dusting a golden legendary that's been nerfed is one of it's highlights, however.

4usfwszlbhay.png

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ramp Druid post nerf update: face hunter dropping trogg turn 1 with a follow up is still the worst feeling

"WHO'S NERFED NOW???" -trogg

liEt3nH.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I thought the Rokara buff was going to be wimpy at first but that extra 5 armor has let me squeak by with a win this morning.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Played with Scabbs for about a week and then just dusted the mf'er.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Played with Scabbs for about a week and then just dusted the mf'er.

"My goose is cooked!"

This patch has been pretty questionable for Wild. Pirate Warrior seems to be the sole king of the format at the moment, they probably needed to hit something else/additional like Ship's Cannon or Parachute Brigand.

Hopefully some anti-pirate control decks can pop up now that not they're not getting comboed out by Hunter and Mage.

edited January 2022
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Ramp Druid post nerf update: face hunter dropping trogg turn 1 with a follow up is still the worst feeling
    My last Hunter opponent the last time I played Druid went turn 1 Trogg Coin Trogg, which was just instantly over.

forty on
    Man, that Mercenaries training ground thing seems pretty pointless (and a waste of a pack). The main limiting factor/grind for heroes is coins, not XP.

I haven't played against a single Rogue since the nerfs.

edited January 2022
    i've ran into plenty of rogues, they have branched out now

poison, thief, secret and quest are all being ran with varying degrees of success

scabbs is still bullshit at 8 mana, who knew

Beasteh on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hero Cards were a mistake

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Dibby wrote: »

Guff is the best thing in Hearthstone right now. His deck feels fair and I still brought it to dad Legend.

See my profile here!
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

Guff is the best thing in Hearthstone right now. His deck feels fair and I still brought it to dad Legend.
    After being (gradually, slowly, excruciatingly) destroyed by every single armor-up druid deck I come across in Wild, I've gotten irritated enough to want to try one myself. Is Guff worth crafting?

If you're playing Druid you should be playing Guff, the same way all Rogue and DH decks should include their hero card.

edited January 2022
    ragnaros' buddy is so weird. 'your end of turn effects trigger twice!' how many are you possibly gonna have in a comp. MAYBE you can have a dragon comp with scalebane and razorgore?

e: oh right his hero power. i confused him with al'akir's hero power. lmao i'm a FOOL

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    Eles and Majordomo work well too.

Delduwath wrote: »
    Alphagaia wrote: »

After being (gradually, slowly, excruciatingly) destroyed by every single armor-up druid deck I come across in Wild, I've gotten irritated enough to want to try one myself. Is Guff worth crafting?

Don't know about Wild, but I do know this variant has a decent matchup versus most decks. Paladin and Priest feel the hardest, but it's best to go face and use the big stuff against taunts.

### Box of chocolates
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
    # 2x (0) Pounce
    # 1x (1) Lost in the Park
    # 2x (1) Nature Studies
    # 2x (1) Resizing Pouch
    # 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
    # 2x (2) Mark of the Spikeshell
    # 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
    # 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
    # 2x (3) Bogbeam
    # 2x (3) Feral Rage
    # 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
    # 2x (3) Moontouched Amulet
    # 2x (4) Park Panther
    # 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
    # 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
    # 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
    #
    AAECAabABASd2AO/4AOj9gOJiwQN5boD7roDm84D8NQDieADiuADouEDj+QDiu0D0fYDr4AEuKAEuaAEAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

See my profile here!
    I like cutting the high end old gods and running capture coldtooth mine so you're guaranteed to pull guff

Tried that, but it felt the deck lost too much steam as the old gods are some great get out of jail free cards.

The hero card is great, but you don't need it asap. Deck draws a ton of cards either way.

See my profile here!
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I like cutting the high end old gods and running capture coldtooth mine so you're guaranteed to pull guff
    I don't really see how that deck is going to win much without the gods.

Just hope for a bevy of post-Guff pouches?

Well quest druid is bad anyway so I don't recommend playing it

The only seriously viable druid deck right now IMO is beast spam with drek, endless sticky boards into arbor up is way better than losing to trogg turn 1 since you can actually remove it with druid of the reef

edited January 2022
    So your solution was making it even worse by removing the gods?

I agree Trogg turn 1 can be hard for a spell heavy deck, but not an auto loss. You have some options turn 2 to remove it. A spell killing a trogg doesn't set of it's ability. Also, it doesn't happen as much as you think.
    Once I was so much ahead I just let the troggs take over his board since his cards in hand would contain taunts which won me the game. Late game ofcourse, but that was fun.

New meta shifts away from rogue, so this deck is probably worse now, as it was a good counter to the meta before the latest patch.

Alphagaia on

See my profile here!
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    ragnaros' buddy is so weird. 'your end of turn effects trigger twice!' how many are you possibly gonna have in a comp. MAYBE you can have a dragon comp with scalebane and razorgore?

e: oh right his hero power. i confused him with al'akir's hero power. lmao i'm a FOOL

So all Elemental Lords are the same to you huh

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    if ragnaros and al'akir wanted to be respected they shouldn't have sided with deathwing during the cataclysm to end all mortal life on azeroth

now, neptulon, there's an elemental lord. hell of a guy.

liEt3nH.png