As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Humankind] - Endless Hoomanz

124»

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Confused about war surrender. I did a surprise war as the AI converted a neutral settlement right by my city, but I didn't get any grievance or anything related to it. Either way, my War Elephants just creamed them and eventually they ran out of war support (I was at 100). They surrendered but all they offered was Gold. I wanted that city they had but didn't see any way to demand it. Is my only option to decline, giving them more support, and hope the next time it comes up? I took the city during the war and keep troops on it vs razzing it.

If the war ends and you have a war score and theirs is at zero, you can set the terms of the Force Surrender.

First of all, your war score will go to satisfying the initial demands you made that triggered the war. They will consume about 10 war score each. So if you asked them for money 4 times, you must spend 40 of your war score getting that money from them as part of their surrender.

Taking a city you occupy generally takes ~80 war score. If you don't occupy a city, you can't take it. If a territory is occupied by you or adjacent to a place occupied by you, you can take it and it generally costs ~35-45 war score. I believe you can take a city you don't occupy if (and only if) it was part of your initial demands, but I'm not certain.

From what you say, it sounds like maybe you don't have enough war score to select the city as an option? Alternately, they can (I believe) offer a surrender before they reach zero score, where they set the terms (but you don't have to accept that), so perhaps they aren't actually at 0 and they offered a surrender.

Instead of forcing surrender when they hit zero, you can, I think, continue the war and build up more score so you can make bigger demands.

Yeah I think it was a bug or for some reason the Hun's who also went to war against them drove them to surrender earlier. Reloading it up, it took 4 extra turns for them to surrender and at that point I had tons of options to spend my war score on.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Man the Khmer feel broken. Wouldn't be surprised if that building gets nerfed a bit.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Man the Khmer feel broken. Wouldn't be surprised if that building gets nerfed a bit.

The other building that feels disproportionately good to me is the swedish one

That said, when I come back to this game (I won once on difficulty 3 and once on 4, both times by completing the tech tree although the second time I was literally one territory away from conquering the entire world when the tech tree finished ;_; ) I'm turning off the tech tree victory because it is dissatisfying. With that turned off, unclear if the swedish buildings would feel quite as intense.
    (and what I learned from the conquering the world game is that if you have enough districts, you can just build infrastructure and you don't need much in the way of districts at all!)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

The other building that feels disproportionately good to me is the swedish one

That said, when I come back to this game (I won once on difficulty 3 and once on 4, both times by completing the tech tree although the second time I was literally one territory away from conquering the entire world when the tech tree finished ;_; ) I'm turning off the tech tree victory because it is dissatisfying. With that turned off, unclear if the swedish buildings would feel quite as intense.
    (and what I learned from the conquering the world game is that if you have enough districts, you can just build infrastructure and you don't need much in the way of districts at all!)

Swedish and Turks are both nuts there at the end. If you can pull off a proper triangle with the Turks, and surround it with research quarters, you can crank out insanities like thousands of science on each of the specialty districts.

• Options
    Reading through Industrial cultures and get to Elephants with Gattling guns... Didn't need to read anymore.

• Options
    Finished my first game on easy. I really like this game and I'm looking forward to improvements/DLC. One of the main things I liked over Civ was that it seemed more board game like. In that with the tutorials, most things were pretty easy to pick up on. The only thing I didn't quite understand was Pollution. I got that it impact stability, but I wasn't clear on how the world wide pollution mattered. Are there grievances again countries that are top polluters? Either way, I think it may be easier for new comers to 4x to pick up.

Another thing I kind of liked was that Food was something to keep an eye on even late in the game. It's not something I remember having to deal with in Civ. But here, City growth seemed clearer.

A couple things I hope get improved:

1) Re-balancing some of the cultures. Khemer and Sweden have been mentioned in this thread, and I tried both, yikes. Khemer put my production on steroids and didn't need to worry about it much the rest of the game. With Sweden, I just laid some of their culture buildings out and then hit the special power, I was hitting every tech in 1 turn.

2) Could we get a setting to remove population notices? After the early game, I really didn't care that much and they got kind of annoying.

3) I hope a DLC expands the timeline some. I was really confused why the Japanese had WW2 era fighters but Sweden had modern day frigates. It would be nice to keep Contemporary from 1935-1990 or so. Add another round called Information or something and push some things into that.

4) Fix resources. I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread as well. There were only 2 oil spots on the entire map. Many units and improvements needed both. I don't mind having to fight or barter for 1 of 2 or something but one of the Civ's wasn't even close to tapping it. So I just blitzed Science.

5) Find a use for influence late game. It was huge early on but then it really didn't matter towards the end. Maybe it's because I still had 40-50% Civics locked. Seemed like in Endless Legend you could use it for diplomacy, maybe an option.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The game is now playable, folks!
    https://youtu.be/dS8rHmP94i8

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I've been playing this game a lot. They just announced the first DLC, "Cultures of Africa". I'm surprised they they went with a themed pack rather than a grab bag from around the globe, but if you want to do one continent for your first DLC I feel Africa is the appropriate choice.

https://youtu.be/ceHaGJm_4VU

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I really only played the game in the first month, did they ever do anything to make influence more interesting

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I've always wanted to try a 'Cultures From the Same Continent' playthrough. An All-Africa DLC seems like a good opportunity to try it.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    The simultaneous turn resolution and bizarre mod system is making it hard to enjoy the game :/

every time I boot the game the mods are all unchecked. this would not be a problem except you need the exact mods in the exact order for the saves to load, and it A. doesn't have a sync system and B. doesn't even tell you the full list of what mods are loaded in a given save

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    The simultaneous turn resolution and bizarre mod system is making it hard to enjoy the game :/

every time I boot the game the mods are all unchecked. this would not be a problem except you need the exact mods in the exact order for the saves to load, and it A. doesn't have a sync system and B. doesn't even tell you the full list of what mods are loaded in a given save

It's odd that this system is more primitive than, to just use an example of a game I've been playing a lot recently, Starsector. An indie game made by like a handful of people.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

It's odd that this system is more primitive than, to just use an example of a game I've been playing a lot recently, Starsector. An indie game made by like a handful of people.

Amplitude is sort of a mid-tier company so I give them some breaks, especially given how good the Endless series is. This feels like a step down from Endless Legend which was my least favorite of their games so far though.

oh and if you don't load the mods first the UI breaks.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So, my thoughts after one game with (almost) all the new cultures:

Bantu: A really unique play style. All your tribes upgrade to the Pioneers, and you can use 4 of them to create an outpost. You can also train them like normal units, or recruit them with influence at outposts. Great for sniping far away territories. While they can grow as a horde, they struggle to win against warriors at even 2 to 1 odds. Also make sure you place down an outpost in Neolitic, other wise you need to use 4 of your units to start your empire.

Garamantes: the ability to create food from barren ground is pretty cool but I feel like there are better picks both for this era and for growth.

Swahili: I really like them. Not only can you place down harbors without care, with careful placement you can actually gain stability with them. Their emblematic quarter also is a great way of making money. I never made so much money so early on as I did with them.

Maasai: I really like them Their emblematic quarter is great at churning out food and growing cities.

Ethiopians: I honestly did not play them. Their bonus is weak (+5 science per garrison). Their emblematic quarter seems really weak and is super limited at where you can place it. I just decided to go France instead.

Nigerians: I like them, but I feel there are a lot better options for the late game. You can go Production (Australians), Science (Japanese, Swedish, Turks), or Combat (Soviets). I feel they are better than the Chinese, Egyptians, Indians, or Americans but that's not much. Fake Edit: Okay I was going to shit talk the +2 production per Farmer, and maybe its because I played 3 other Agrarian Cultures before, but a lot of my cities had 25-35 Farmers. Which is 50 to 70 production for nothing. The ability to spawn oil is cool and you can easily become the oil baron of the world.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Did land yield get nerfed?

You used to be able to find a +10 Food +10 Industry so easily that it was basically an expectation.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The second Humankind DLC is basically the same as the first Humankind DLC. But it's Cultures of Latin America this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDo_wyO1MBk

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    How's the gameplay these days?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Looks like this DLC will be more focussed on mechanics. Could be interesting. Especially since I tend to play the peaceful game more often than not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GA3EefQZWI

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Sounds good to me. One of the things I like about STELLARIS is the numerous ways there are to play your game; having it in something like HK (which I think is a bit more focused) I'm more than willing to pay for.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend