As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    They've got an announcement and new trailer tomorrow at the game awards, gotta imagine that's the release date reveal right?

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Yeah if it isn't people are gonna be pissed lol.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I'm prepared to be disapointed.

26904.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    February 11th release date, just announced at The Game Awards

Crippl3 on
    That's Tues Feb 8th for owners of the founders packs.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2021
    That's not too bad, basically two months from now. That particular week sucks for me because it's the Superbowl that weekend and I'll be very busy preparing for it at work but hey, I've got time scheduled off starting the Monday after so

Stationary on
  • warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    This looks cool. But it reminds me of one of the things I don't like about BDO. Seems like you are just roflstomping groups of monsters with no real danger to yourself.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2022
    warder808 wrote: »
    This looks cool. But it reminds me of one of the things I don't like about BDO. Seems like you are just roflstomping groups of monsters with no real danger to yourself.

Trash mobs yes and during leveling but certainly not the end game raid stuff.

https://youtu.be/YKm6XnULaHU

Also Guardian raids are less involved that the endgame raids in the video above but still are Monster Hunteresque.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    So with this coming out next month can we get a roll call in here for people planning to play? Do we have enough people who are planning to be active players to create a guild and level it up?

steam_sig.png
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Incindium wrote: »
    So with this coming out next month can we get a roll call in here for people planning to play? Do we have enough people who are planning to be active players to create a guild and level it up?

This is a good idea. Here's a quick sheet where we can keep track of everything. Also in the 1st post after the OP.

Kasyn on
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I'm waffling a little bit on what I want to main and I've gotta figure that out quick. I played a lot of Holy Knight (Paladin) on RU and really enjoyed it. Plus I'm down with being support. Buuuut it might be nice to be actual DPS....and if there's a time to pick up a new main it's now. I'll probably stick with Paladin though.

Also it depends on if they include T3 or not at release. I would assume not but it was in their 101 trailer so who knows. But prior to T3 it's not terribly difficult to spread time around and mess with a few different classes so that'd be ideal.

I put myself on that sheet but I'm currently committed to playing with a group consisting of a few folks from my wow classic guild and friends of theirs. It's looking like about 20 of us in total at least at launch. If there's not enough interest here I can also offer a place that at least has a decent size at start.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I am going to be playing, so I'd join a PA guild. No idea what class I want to play though

Steam: Spawnbroker
    I added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm based in Oceania (+10 GMT) but will likely be playing on NA West servers with the usual 250ms to 300ms ping.

26904.png
    January update is out https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/january-2022-team-update

T3 confirmed to be in at launch which is....kind of unfortunate. Not the end of the world but T3 is where they really force you to become invested in a main and having alts to get enough gold. I'm not gonna stress too much about it since we don't know if you'll be basically skipping T1/T2 content with catch up type mechanics or not yet, but I do worry that dropping up to T3 content on the playerbase at launch is gonna cause some overload. It's a lot to get through.

It sounds like we're getting a pretty small amount of T3 though, enough to maybe get an idea of what to expect. They also mention making the T1 and T2 content harder in the update so I hope they aren't putting in catch up mechanics to skip that stuff if that's the case.

Yeah, looking into it more it sounds like it's the first bit/area of T3, no catch up mechanics. It's still a lot going on, but should be ok. Their reasoning is it'll let us get to the abyss/legion raids faster. I think I'd still prefer if they eased into it a bit more, but there was a lot of knee jerk doom and gloom in other places that's probably unwarranted. We're getting a version of the game that isn't balanced exactly like the others so it's hard to just compare it 1:1.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Some launch details announced today.

Pre-download starts February 7th, 9am PST.
    Head start begins on February 8th, also 9am PST.
    Official launch on February 11th, same time.

Founder's packs can be bought until official launch time.

Four sets of servers at launch.
    EU Central gets 10
    US East with 7
    US West gets 3
    SA has 2

Server names are all in the post.

Unclear if the servers function like "channels" in the current game where you can basically swap to a different shard even in-game. Probably not, I'd think. TBD on server transfer options.

Kasyn on
    edited January 2022
    NA East is 7 servers. Guilds are per server and server transfers have only recently even became an option in Korea so it might be a while before it's a option for us.

Each server supports a large number of users by sharding out seperate channels per area based upon player count.

If you are on different server you can't : queue up for pvp as premade, join same guild, do open world stuff and can't trade / mail if you would want to help out friend with gold then would need to do through auction house.

Matchmaking for the different raid content is per region though.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    yeah I think my group is waiting until we see where the streamers head and choose around that.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Pretty happy Sorcerer is out on launch. I'll have to wait for Lance Master, but at least my preferred type of magic is ready to roll out the gate.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Talith wrote: »
    Pretty happy Sorcerer is out on launch. I'll have to wait for Lance Master, but at least my preferred type of magic is ready to roll out the gate.

Yeah I really have my eye on Lance Master but I can wait because Gunlancer is too damn fun.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm back and forth on this one. Since I'm in euro time now I don't even know what server I'd roll on.

What is this I don't even.
    edited February 2022
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm back and forth on this one. Since I'm in euro time now I don't even know what server I'd roll on.

Lots of international communities are trying to consolidate on servers right now - it's not an official census but this is on the Reddit and getting updated fairly regularly. (Spoilered because apparently fucking huge)
    foulefr1zze81.jpg
    I'm likely going US West and am leaning towards Mari, myself.

Kasyn on
    edited February 2022
    Galatur on NA East is only considered small because Asmongold said it might be his server and then everyone with a guild wanted to avoid it. So kinda in Limbo because who knows where he'll land. Truthfully I think all the initial servers will fill up once it opens up to FTP on the 11th and they'll probably have to open up more.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah the group I'm playing with is waiting until this weekend to make a decision on server but ultimately I don't think it's really going to matter, gonna be queues everywhere.

Just put in for time off from work next Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday for head start release!

steam_sig.png
    Apparently some clowns are going to be trying to spam character creation and deletion as a form of protest because of the way character naming and reservation works:
    Completing the character creation process will reserve the name for that character.
    Character names are not automatically released again after character deletion.
    Releasing names for re-use is a manual process that we will likely run at some point in the future but it is not something we expect to do regularly or start doing in the near future.

It's amazing that companies still struggle with character naming.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I can't believe they went with servers and you don't just float to whatever least populated instance.

edited February 2022
    Nosf wrote: »
    I can't believe they went with servers and you don't just float to whatever least populated instance.

That's a weird comment. Server architecture isn't really something that could be changed without Smilegate doing a ton of work and they already have an architecture that supports large numbers of players per server.

Characters, collectibles, guilds and a whole bunch of things are per server. Action house, high end raids and instanced content that is supported using party finder is per Region.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Talith wrote: »
    Apparently some clowns are going to be trying to spam character creation and deletion as a form of protest because of the way character naming and reservation works:
    Completing the character creation process will reserve the name for that character.
    Character names are not automatically released again after character deletion.
    Releasing names for re-use is a manual process that we will likely run at some point in the future but it is not something we expect to do regularly or start doing in the near future.

It's amazing that companies still struggle with character naming.

Yeaah their naming restrictions are pretty ridiculous especially since this isn't a problem elsewhere. They're apparently trying to make a last minute adjustment to this but I'm surprised it ever made it through to begin with.

As an OCE resident, I'll definitely be rolling on Valtan unless there is a lockout. I'm actually planning on setting an alarm to get up early (4am local time) for server startup.

26904.png
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    None of my other video game friends are that into MMOs so I'm just picking a random server on US East and going with that.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Someone gifted me a copy of the Bronze Founders pack and convinced me to take time off Tuesday - Thursday. I feel like I just got bought for $15 but I am hovering near max time off anyways so I probably shouldn't feel too bad about it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I picked up one of the founder packs. I'm excited to see how things shake out come launch.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Does this game have anything in particular to really warrant the hype?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I always preferred to have character names paired with a handle, the way Champions did it. Displayed and in chat would just be your character name, but if someone whispered you it would read, like, charactername@handlename, with your handle being separate from your account login so you're not giving out that information.

I wish more games would do that, because it kills me when good names are taken by someone that hasn't logged in in ten years, and purges are never often enough.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

It's a game that people have been waiting to be localized here for a long, long time, it's free to play though so you should be able to figure out fairly quickly and for $0 whether it's something you're into or not.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

It's a game that people have been waiting to be localized here for a long, long time, it's free to play though so you should be able to figure out fairly quickly and for $0 whether it's something you're into or not.

Ah, I figured it was going to cost something up front. If it's f2p, I'll have to check it out.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    I mean, you CAN put some $$$ in the pot for a three-day Headstart that allows you to log in on Tuesday instead of Friday (and few other bits-n-bobs that will mean next to nothing in the long game). Costs range from $15 for the Bronze pack up to $100 for the Platinum pack, with the $50 Gold pack being the "best deal" in terms of dollars for in-game stuff. I've read elsewhere that the Platinum pack has already sold something like a million copies, so there clearly is some hype out there.

26904.png