As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World Flipper] - CyGames does a Pinball Gacha

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Reddits are typically useless for discussion in gacha games, since everything tends to be aggregated on Discord

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fair. I have seen more actual discussion with Final Fantasy Record Keeper, though. But maybe that's more becasue of the popularity/breadth of the source material than the game itself.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    No, the skip button does not cut you out of the pachinko upgrade. The character you get is set in stone when you spend the beads, and everything else is just window dressing.

So, I'm a bit diasppointed by the subreddit for this game. From some others I've seen, I was expecting some lively discussion, or at least memeing. But the reddit seems to largely just be team-building question posts, which tend to get maybe one post of attention, or are given a link to a google doc or discord channel, and then left alone. It's pretty dry, as far as game communities go.

the discord is where the meat is, which is annoying because everyone there seems to have been playing the japanese version of the game for a year and expect you know everything already

Finished up Chapter 5 and did some pulls with the currency I've got, because I'm starting to run into walls and wanted a wider selection of units. Came away with three new 5* units: Inaho and Barrek for Thunder plus Vyron for Dark. Resources are still getting pumped into Sera until she's complete but Barrek especially looks to synergize with her kit very nicely. Also have some additional 4* and 3* Thunder units to pick and choose from for Unison combo experimentation.

Right now my team is using Orbs for weapons and whatever Souls I have lying around from uncapping the weapon drops from story. I can farm Kraken and Crab but that would just get me Water weapons. Also I don't have enough EXP lying around to level up a Wind team just to farm Thunder bosses.

Vyron is a good get

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Vyron's an iconic leader support, can never go wrong with him even if he's not the "optimal" choice. Barrek and Sera aren't as broadly usable, but they're extremely powerful in their element and arguably the two best characters in it right now (discounting Sha Sazu obviously)

liEt3nH.png
    Wait Sha Suzu is powerful? The 3* version or is there another higher rarity version, because I did get her too.

Sha Suzu is the only character whose skill feeds skill meter to your leader. While there are teams that don't use her, that unique niche will mean that she never stops being relevant. Any team where you want the leader to use their skill as many times as possible? Sha is there to be a homie.

And specifically for when you're just starting out, something you can do is put the weapon from Whitetail that gives your character a skill damage buff whenever a lightning character uses a skill on your leader - even if they're not Lightning, because it means that now Sha Suzu is also giving them a stacking damage buff.

Upon the game's release in Japan she jokingly became referred to as the only 6* unit, and she's stayed in the meta ever since. There's simply no one else who does what she does.

liEt3nH.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    No, the skip button does not cut you out of the pachinko upgrade. The character you get is set in stone when you spend the beads, and everything else is just window dressing.

So, I'm a bit diasppointed by the subreddit for this game. From some others I've seen, I was expecting some lively discussion, or at least memeing. But the reddit seems to largely just be team-building question posts, which tend to get maybe one post of attention, or are given a link to a google doc or discord channel, and then left alone. It's pretty dry, as far as game communities go.

the discord is where the meat is, which is annoying because everyone there seems to have been playing the japanese version of the game for a year and expect you know everything already

Man, I really wish there was a better source for info, since the guides on the Discord... suck SO HARD. They barely ever go into real detail about *why* something works or is good, they usually are just like "hey do this exact set-up that requires a bunch of rare 5*s. Don't have those? Get fucked." There's no real good info breaking down mechanics and having you think about how you might build something functional around what you have.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Madican wrote: »
    Wait Sha Suzu is powerful? The 3* version or is there another higher rarity version, because I did get her too.

Yep, the 3 star. A thing to keep in mind is that star level does not necessarily correlate to usefulness. There are some frankly subpar 5-stars, a bunch of 3-stars that are very useful, and even the random 2 or 1 star that are actually meta. Speaking of, check out the Town tab on the main menu sometime. You may be surprised what you find.

But anyway, Sha Suzu. The thing that makes her such a well-regarded character is that she's really good at supporting the Leader. All of her abilities increase the party leader's ATK stat in some way, and her Skill donates a chunk of Skill gauge to the leader. Which means more frequent skill use from the leader, which can be real good over time in a boss battle. There really aren't any other units that are quite as focused on consistent Skill gauge support as her. She's not as amazing as she was considered early on, but she's still quite good where you can use her.

Sha Suzu is the only character whose skill feeds skill meter to your leader. While there are teams that don't use her, that unique niche will mean that she never stops being relevant. Any team where you want the leader to use their skill as many times as possible? Sha is there to be a homie.

And specifically for when you're just starting out, something you can do is put the weapon from Whitetail that gives your character a skill damage buff whenever a lightning character uses a skill on your leader - even if they're not Lightning, because it means that now Sha Suzu is also giving them a stacking damage buff.

Upon the game's release in Japan she jokingly became referred to as the only 6* unit, and she's stayed in the meta ever since. There's simply no one else who does what she does.

Oh neat. Does she still function as a Second or does she need to be in the main party?

Yep, the 3 star. A thing to keep in mind is that star level does not necessarily correlate to usefulness. There are some frankly subpar 5-stars, a bunch of 3-stars that are very useful, and even the random 2 or 1 star that are actually meta. Speaking of, check out the Town tab on the main menu sometime. You may be surprised what you find.

But anyway, Sha Suzu. The thing that makes her such a well-regarded character is that she's really good at supporting the Leader. All of her abilities increase the party leader's ATK stat in some way, and her Skill donates a chunk of Skill gauge to the leader. Which means more frequent skill use from the leader, which can be real good over time in a boss battle. There really aren't any other units that are quite as focused on consistent Skill gauge support as her. She's not as amazing as she was considered early on, but she's still quite good where you can use her.

If you mean the mushroom I picked him up already and unlocked some of his stuff because I wanted a cheap healer. If you mean something else I scan the town every now and then to look for new points of interest but he's the only one I've notice so far.

She starts with more skill gauge if she starts as a main but she's still totally functional as a second. As you fight higher and higher level bosses they start to do enough damage that off-element characters in the main become a real pain in the butt.

liEt3nH.png
    edited February 2022

Technically , there's also Rebecca; her skill gives 15% meter to everyone but herself, which is equivalent across two characters to Sha Suzu's 30% to the leader.

That said, Sha Suzu's abilities are generic (Rebecca buffs Dark characters specifically), and her skill costs considerably less gauge than Rebecca's.

...I wonder if I can do something silly with a Dark team using Rebecca and Sha Suzu as some kinda feedback loop.

Enlong on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Man, I really wish there was a better source for info, since the guides on the Discord... suck SO HARD. They barely ever go into real detail about *why* something works or is good, they usually are just like "hey do this exact set-up that requires a bunch of rare 5*s. Don't have those? Get fucked." There's no real good info breaking down mechanics and having you think about how you might build something functional around what you have.

I keep this guide bookmarked. There are links to each element.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-35wVMHZlOT3WuRPgXwIaBzp_g_qv66BB-rqT6aEzeM/edit?usp=sharing

Man, I really could use another weapon drop or two in the Ancient Golem fight. I'm "just" a couple hundred coins off of the (frankly, absurd) price to buy all the remaining copies I need to max out those weapons. But a drop or two would ge tme there so much faster. It will be prety satisfying to have those weapons finished, with all the benefits they have.

Well, done with the story up to date of release now. Gonna do the EX stages now for currency then I guess it's just multiplayer boss farming forever. Thought there'd be some events to farm free units from.

Well, done with the story up to date of release now. Gonna do the EX stages now for currency then I guess it's just multiplayer boss farming forever. Thought there'd be some events to farm free units from.

There are, but they're periodic things. Right now, there aren't any running with characters available. About a month ago, we had this event set in a cyberpunk world with a free character to nab. There'll be more in the future, I'm sure.

Also, you can get some characters from boss farming. Regitare, Hermie, Arch Accursed, Whitetail, Admin, and Orochi all have a character in their respective boss-coin shops.

Yeah I've seen those. Looks like I need teams able to handle at least Advanced in order to get them in a reasonable time frame at least. Orochi in particular looks like a pain in the butt.

He's not that bad. It's pretty easy to overprepare for Orochi. Just make sure you hit the healing head on the left at the start and the rest goes pretty fast.

And honestly, the refund from failed quests means as a new player you can pretty much just slam your head against a lot of co-op bosses until you get lucky enough to be carried

liEt3nH.png
    As I acquire Whitetail Axes should I unbind them and equip the Souls or keep them separate and replace the Orbs I've been using instead

As I acquire Whitetail Axes should I unbind them and equip the Souls or keep them separate and replace the Orbs I've been using instead

You can’t ever equip more than one of the same weapon in a team (but you can use more than one of the same soul). So there’s no reason not to combine them.

I probably should have realized the same weapon thing considering one of my first drops on an early stage was three daggers, so I went to equip one of each on my three party members and didn't realize until later that I'll I'd done was swap the same dagger to each person in turn.

Whitetail has the bonus for a few days so I've been farming him and buying element materials to finish unlocking mana boards after getting all the axes. Thunder team is now good enough to auto Advanced with some help. I technically also have more than enough damage to do Advanced+ but that one hurts way more and actually puts me in danger of dying if he gets to launch a special move. So I'll hold off on doing that one, and the Godly level above it, until I can get a decent Wind team together.

I did however notice that Crab is coming up next in the bonus schedule, so I'm pretty sure I'll be eating good with that one. Also went ahead and found I could auto all three Water Depths in the Necropolis, making stars farmable for me now.

Finally! I got enough coins to fully upgrade all the Ancient Golem weapons! I'm done with that fight for the moment!

How big of a jump is it from Adv+ to Godly difficulty? With Crab coming up soon I want to hit at the highest tier I can but I don't have the platinum coin Whitetail weapons. I can adopt some of the Thunder comp in the Google doc listed, but not the weapons/souls. I still smash very hard regardless though, and can do upwards of 8-10M off element depending how long the fight goes. This is my current setup.

mighty_striker-bee_girl-student_gunsmith-kinoko-machine_police_girl-combat_soldier-axe_0017-axe_0017-main_chapter_orb_2-axe_0017-axe_0009-axe_0017.png

You should be fine. Maybe add a healer somewhere, I dunno.

Also, you can use the Canyon Consul orb instead of the desert one. Your team has enough diverse Races for it to activate.

It counts the seconds? I'll use that orb then, thanks.

I keep hearing about free draws coming soon for Half Anniversary, hoping I can get some leaders that are Water to take advantage of the weapons I've gotten from Necropolis/Crab. Even if they're just good 4* units I'll be happy.

Just remember that godly fights have a different set of abilities from the previous tiers. Everyone still basically farms them on auto, though, so as long as you build your team to not die, you'll be fine to leech.

Artereis wrote: »
    Just remember that godly fights have a different set of abilities from the previous tiers. Everyone still basically farms them on auto, though, so as long as you build your team to not die, you'll be fine to leech.

Auto battlers on Godly fights can cause some issues. Whitetail in particular loves to murder teams from full in the last phase, if they're automatically firing right into his claw tornado.

Talked with the Discord some and they were actually really helpful. They took a look at what I had, adjusted a few things, and said that while it's not meta it should be more than enough for Godly Crab on auto even without the skill charge book. I was then able to take that team into Necropolis and finish clearing out the remaining Level 3's I hadn't been able to do before, though I did that on manual because each element had some trait to it that is clearly intended to be countered by an on element team, such as Thunder's love of field effects that Levitate and Pierce ignore, both prevalent in Wind. Got it done though, even if I did have to buy a revive on the last stage of Light, and earned a 5* unit uncap item so that was well worth it. Think I'll hold on to it for now.

I basically learned that because Barrek gets such high attack between Sera/Bulleta skill combo and Sha Suzu popping off constantly to max out Whitetail Axe that he actually benefits way more from skill damage boosts over anything else. He still has Whitetail Axe equipped as Weapon but Bonnie was replaced by Falsche as his Second for her free +100% Skill Gauge on battle start. Meanwhile Sera and Sha Suzu are rocking stuff that boosts their skill generation so after they all blow their skills on the opener the combo becomes Sha Suzu into Sera into Barrek making boss health bars disappear. One of the Discord people even personally tested it and confirmed that while the DPS isn't on par with the meta team I'll be able to carry my own weight in Godly Crab.

Ring goes the bell

Ring goes the bell

Ring goes the bell

THE CRAB THE CRAB THE CRAB THE CRAB THE CRAB THE CRAB THE CRAB THE CRAB

I rolled on the halfaversery banner and got Nephtim!

...the standard Nephtim, not the Halfaversery version, lol. What a time to finally get the original, eh?

My free pulls have been garbage so far, but I did get Luna so I can try dark coffin instead of the random team I had put together due to not having Belsidia.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My free rolls have been bad except for getting Shwye, which actually means I have every good Wind unit (Got Kohaku when she dropped, and I have Celtie and Phiria already)

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I... uh, have no shame in admitting I took advantage of the Scouting bundle to grab Bulleta, since I wasn't able to get her during the event.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    I bought the suptix intending to use it for Rolf since I'm now working on a Fire team. Then I rolled Rolf on the second of the free pulls when it was Fire banner. So now I'm not sure who I'm going to pick but I'll hold off until the free pulls are just about done.

It’s definitely better to only ever use money on things that are guaranteed.

But $23 for a single character is damn steep.

It’s definitely better to only ever use money on things that are guaranteed.

But $23 for a single character is damn steep.

Super cheap tbh considering there doesn't seem to be sparking in this game unless you use paid beads comboed with rate-up being the classic Cygames "rate-up" version.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I haven't been playing much because lack of time, but I've been checking in for the free ten pills.

Got Rolf yesterday, and today got Bulleta and Olivia. Pretty sure that means I win the game, right?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter