As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apex Legends]: Breakout is here! 5 years of ApeLegs!

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Early changes are out, including Crypto's buff

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/apex-legends-season-12-buffs-crypto-and-he-might-finally-be-good/1100-6500170/

RE-45 is going to be so good, I'm glad it's a weapon I like to run often, I'll feel right at home!

Re: mouse settings, I run 1500dpi and 0.6 in-game sensitivity.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hammerpoint on the RE-45 whips, I love that, and I think putting the Flatline and Longbow in as replicator only weapons is really interesting and I'll be curious to see how the community at large reacts to it.

This new hop-up definitely proves that some Apex people play Destiny, and as an avowed ape I'm all for it:
    "Season 12 adds a brand-new hop-up to Apex Legends as well. Called Kinetic Feeder, this hop-up can go on the Peacekeeper or Triple Take. When attached, the Kinetic Feeder activates while you're sliding, taking ammo from your inventory and loading it into the chamber of the Peacekeeper or Triple Take and shortening the amount of time needed to choke either firearm for a more precise shot."

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    hammerpoint re-45 seems downright spooky

even if it has a lesser multiplier than the p2020/bique the automatic rate of fire means you might be down before you finish hearing the burst

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Looks like no new gun. Will have to wait for season 13 for the light ammo LMG of my dreams.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I always liked the RE-45 as a gold rank player, because it's so much more stable. High rank people say "just adjust for the recoil on the r99" but that just isn't consistent for me.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    New hero trailer is out.
    Key detail: Her tactical can damage through a gibby bubble.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIIbltnAcHs

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Season 10: players: “omg getting knocked while behind cover is obnoxious!”
    Respawn: we hear you.

Season 12: Respawn: what if we just straight up made it her main thing?

Yes, I get it, Seer’s had a greater range was was combined with built in wall hacks.

I still expect an avalanche of complaints from people getting downed/killed while trying to heal up in a corner somewhere because of intentional/accidental Maggie tactical.

What I really want to know is if it works through floors. Haven’t watched yet, maybe the video covers that.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I always liked the RE-45 as a gold rank player, because it's so much more stable. High rank people say "just adjust for the recoil on the r99" but that just isn't consistent for me.

I've learned to use the R99, but the RE45 is just such a comfortable weapon to use. I've won a few matches running it.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Season 10: players: “omg getting knocked while behind cover is obnoxious!”
    Respawn: we hear you.

Season 12: Respawn: what if we just straight up made it her main thing?

Yes, I get it, Seer’s had a greater range was was combined with built in wall hacks.

I still expect an avalanche of complaints from people getting downed/killed while trying to heal up in a corner somewhere because of intentional/accidental Maggie tactical.

What I really want to know is if it works through floors. Haven’t watched yet, maybe the video covers that.

at the very least this legend will have to have shot you in the last few seconds to know exactly where you are to Q you unlike Seer
    obviously depending on its cooldown/deploy speed/damage it may turn out to be more or less obnoxious but we'll see

• Options
    Once upon a time I used a Mastiff and hated it, and never used it again. Today I decided to use it again, and to make sure to ADS when using it and I absolutely destroyed everyone, as the kids say, this gun slaps.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Once upon a time I used a Mastiff and hated it, and never used it again. Today I decided to use it again, and to make sure to ADS when using it and I absolutely destroyed everyone, as the kids say, this gun slaps.

The Mastiff shoots 2 vertical lines that spread pretty fast. This means that it's really easy to do almost no damage with it. A slightly wiffed headshot may only land 1 or 2 pellets.
    It is really good really close (And you see pro's force a fight on a gibby bubble and then Mastiff it out) if your aim is good.
    For a non pro, you may want to go for bodyshots with it, as it's probably more consistent that way.

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the mastiff is a single horizontal line.

• Options
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the mastiff is a single horizontal line.

You're right, I saw a screenshot a year ago where there were 2 shots below each other and I internalized that wrong.....

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    R99 doesn’t actually have a ton of recoil, it’s pretty moderate and goes almost straight up. What’s punishing about that gun is if you’re not on target when you let it rip, the mag is half empty before you have time to correct. CAR is even worse. RE45 suffers less due to the lower rate of fire.

R99 has been a favorite of mine since launch because bullet hose go brrrr, but try waiting until you’re dead on target to pull the trigger. The controllability might surprise you.

mRahmani on
  • Options
    RE-45 also goes diagonal as you let it rip, so you'll usually hit SOME bullets.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Handy thing about that gun is that its irons and its hipfire reticule match to its bullet spread. It's been long enough since I played that I don't remember exactly how it matches up, so you'll want to hop into the firing range if you want this to actually be useful information.

• Options
    Just did and it matches exactly, awesome info.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Rumour on the streets is that the anniversary collection event will have a the evolving Bloodhound skin from a recent trailer as the capstone item.

While a cool idea, I was more hoping for shards like last year. I enjoy Bloodhound just fine, but it's not a legend I play regularly enough to splurge on, unless they cut the crafting costs in half again. That might make it worth doing, at least as long as I enjoy the skins I'd be getting on the path to it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I like the slow rate of fire LMG.

Uses heavy ammo?

Look I enjoy apex but I'm fucking bad at this game. I'm trying my best

• Options
    Karl wrote: »

Uses heavy ammo?

Rampage. I'm fucking terrible at it but enjoy sliding around and shooting man's.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    My occasional bouts of competence make my usual flailing and failure all the more frustrating.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

Uses heavy ammo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkAIUvd2eF8

• Options
    Pretty sure it's the Rampage, which there's a lot of Reddit rage about that I don't understand because I too am not good at Apex but can't get away from how damn good it feels.

• Options
    The reddit sub is just ridiculous. People are really upset at the Caustic changes.

People who die to the Rampage are people that their idea of avoiding it is running in a straight line. I know this because I've downed too many peeps this way.

• Options
    The reddit sub is just ridiculous. People are really upset at the Caustic changes.

People who die to the Rampage are people that their idea of avoiding it is running in a straight line. I know this because I've downed too many peeps this way.

Yep, honestly the only thing that's remotely bullshit in the game is the Kraber. I play a bit of caustic, and always felt the invincible barrels were dumb as it's basically the only placeable object that can't be destroyed.

• Options
    The Kraber doesn't feel too bad to me due its "rarity", rate of fire, and limited ammunition.

• Options
    Has anyone seen whether it's confirmed that because the Volt's going into Care packages that the Alternator is coming back out?

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Has anyone seen whether it's confirmed that because the Volt's going into Care packages that the Alternator is coming back out?

Yeah they said as much in the articles about the changes I've seen.

• Options
    I'm definitely going to miss the care package version of the Alternator. It was nice to see how a mostly disliked weapon got such a big buff for that.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Some streamers have early access to the 9v9 mode, itzTimmy is playing it right now:

They patched punch boosting :(

Edit:

My observations:

Tap strafing is nerfed
    Maggie's tactical does very little damage so it's more about making people get out of cover than outright killing them
    Maggie's shotgun boost seems to be the same as running without a weapon equipped
    Her ult looks really fun

9v9:
    Shields regen automatically like in Halo, but you must use heals for your health
    You have set loadouts, like R99 with an Eva8 or a Hemlok with a Mastiff, not sure if these will rotate
    Gaining points for your team pushes you to a higher tier so you get better tiers for your weapons and medkits instead of syringes
    Legend selection screen is limited to 3 players, so I assume this means a maximum of 3 of the same legend per match
    Ammo is infinite
    You can pickup other player's weapons even if they're higher tier
    Ult seems to charge based on kills and points and not by time
    Apparently the Kraber is available on the map

I'm honestly really looking forward to this LTM, I have always thought that Apex's combat is just so good, that I've wanted to see how a TDM mode would work for a while now.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    The Kraber doesn't feel too bad to me due its "rarity", rate of fire, and limited ammunition.

Yeah, it only falls into "mildly obnoxious" for me, but I wouldn't cry if it was removed from the game. If anything, I wish they'd redo the audio on it to make it more recognizable, as it should not be less menacing than a charged sentinel.

• Options
    schuss wrote: »

Yeah, it only falls into "mildly obnoxious" for me, but I wouldn't cry if it was removed from the game. If anything, I wish they'd redo the audio on it to make it more recognizable, as it should not be less menacing than a charged sentinel.

I'm with you there. I have trouble identifying its shot audio.

• Options
    Highlights from the Control streams I've watched so far:
    -You pick a legend and one of five pre-selected gun loadouts at the start of a match. You can switch either or both when you're waiting to respawn.
    -You start with blue shields and blue attachments on your guns. Shields automatically regenerate after a short delay and you have unlimited medpacs.
    -Everyone has unlimited ammo in their starting weapons.
    -Care packages still drop.
    -Looks pretty fun, NGL.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I think people don’t like rampage because it’s iron sights are good and it work pretty well with zero mods, so you can do really well with it right off a drop.

Later in the match it will hit like a truck at all ranges, and it’s super lethal unless you can close to SMG distances.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    care packages in Control are insane, was watching Seagull play and every one he opened had either 2 red weapons or a red and a gold, also they spawn everywhere

• Options
    I honestly don't know that I've seen tap strafing, or at least I don't think I've recognized anyone using it

• Options
    I honestly don't know that I've seen tap strafing, or at least I don't think I've recognized anyone using it

Yeah, it's a movement tech that probably the top 1% use on a regular basis and its helpfulness is very situational, which I think is why there hasn't been that much of an uproar on it being nerfed.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Ranked lobbies at the end of the season are something else. Jumped into a diamond match last night and just got dog piled by 3 teams immediately. The crazy thing is we were able to fight off the first 2, but I was a little shocked at how hard teams were just full sending any shots they heard.

• Options
    Battlepass trailer, I'm not going to buy it but maybe you want to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZVpiWUctLo

• Options