As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to start seismic trap. But also I have a number of other builds saved at this point, and even money has me trying to figure out what I'm actually going to play as I sit in queue, deciding, and then spending 5 minutes in the character creation screen trying to pick.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I am going to be playing self cast Arc. There's a pretty tanky Armor + max block version of it that I'll be running, so my biggest problem will be damage. But it's looking like a solid starter even if it won't be as good as some of the meta stuff. There's even room to lose out on some cast speed for even more DPS, and it looks like it will scale with investment.

I think some people's obsession with needing to play the best skills is harmful to their own enjoyment of the game. I see this attitude a lot, especially related to something like Enki's Arc Witch. People think that it isn't viable because it requires way more currency than other builds to do endgame, but it can still do endgame!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I am going to be playing self cast Arc. There's a pretty tanky Armor + max block version of it that I'll be running, so my biggest problem will be damage. But it's looking like a solid starter even if it won't be as good as some of the meta stuff. There's even room to lose out on some cast speed for even more DPS, and it looks like it will scale with investment.

I think some people's obsession with needing to play the best skills is harmful to their own enjoyment of the game. I see this attitude a lot, especially related to something like Enki's Arc Witch. People think that it isn't viable because it requires way more currency than other builds to do endgame, but it can still do endgame!

"But you're playing

*gasp*

suboptimally"

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Boss gave me the greenlight to leave a few hours early tomorrow

Fuck yes

edited February 2022
    l1ub9ijyvz1p.png

jungleroomx on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    l1ub9ijyvz1p.png

holy flame totem

rain of splinters

its just a better version of the old sire of shards meme

but also could be fun to put in ek with the ring of blades threshold to get a like, mini vaal ek

cremation would be good

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Tree downloaded, build finalized.

Good to go.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    PoB, logging before patch so you don't get the stupid unlock code when you try to log in to get to the queue, filter, preparing leveling notes, water and snacks. Always something needs doing.

Q U E U E 795 ahead of me.

Absalon on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Queue is up, in at 194.

edited February 2022
    You can go to your poe profile and look at all the fun fun challenges you can complete!
    Defeat a Delirium boss and a Beyond boss within 10 seconds of each other!
    Defeat a Legion Sergeant while completing a Ritual!
    Vomit profusely! (At least you can do those in White maps when you can steamroll things).
    Complete Maven's Invitation: The Elderslayers while the area has at least 60% Item Quantity

Absalon on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    not sure what build to do

could do full chaos conversion melee occultist with poison, then get the new jewels to get elementalist all damage ignites, and roll some kinda weird dot shit thats purple

obF2Wuw.png
    New bosses' abilities are up on poedb. Oooooooo. Boy.

edited February 2022
    just kill them before they use abilities

actually getting the +2 minion gem necro ascendancy on golemancer is kinda nice, stealth buff, im sure those will only be like 20ex for the pair

tbh the occultist freeze one on elementalist would be cool and thematic too...

that shit is so much better for templars, because battlemage or frankly half the broken shit on that class is cool on any caster

marauders too, chieftain ignite discharge can just jack jugg shit, etc

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    oof... 52000 people ahead of me

Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    oof... 52000 people ahead of me

I don't think this matters much.

The only time the lines take more than a few minutes is if the servers are on fire, and then it doesn't matter where you are in the queue

what people think is viable is strongly scaled by the fact 99.99% of players dont realise that literally anything is viable if u pay chris enough

obF2Wuw.png
    If you go HC in this league you have my respect but you are also out of your gourd.

Absalon wrote: »
    If you go HC in this league you have my respect but you are also out of your gourd.

New bosses are pretty rippy, yeah

Also, don't go to Poedb and look up the boss attacks unless you want a spoiler

And here... we... go

I think I might follow Path of Mathh's seismic leveling guide, but then just stay ele trapper? Fire trap + flamethrower looks interesting, and I expect most trap builds will have a fairly high level of similarity.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

i defeated brutus with default attack witch, no portals, act 1 insufficiently buffed

obF2Wuw.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Didn't expect to ever play PoE again but then my friends start talking and well, here I am again. Probably only playing for the weekend since Lost Ark launched next week (WOOT) but should be a fun few hours. Curious how things are.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    GOD I hope they never nerf Spectral Helix. It just obliterates.

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Arc is looking real good so far while leveling. The new orb of storms changes solved a lot of its single target problems, and the extra damage on Arc didn't hurt either! And now we have the ability to get tons of armour and block on spell builds, so it's looking really nice.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Going to try to ignore my go-to builds attempts this time around, so no Charged Dash, Detonate Dead, HoP/DB builds, or Flicker Strike. I guess I might still try Lancing Steel since I've never had that actually come online.

Playing through the D3 campaign as Wizard and found out that I do, in fact, enjoy just sweeping my cursor across the screen watching things pop with magic. Maybe I'll poke around and figure out what can feel like Disintegrate or Arcane Torrent. Or Spectral Blades, though I never found the legendaries to make that work in D3.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Righteous Fire inquisitor can kinda capture that feel with scorching ray. Pretty fun build; I used Pohx’s version for the delirium event, and I think there’s an updated version for 3.17.

Spectral blades would probably be like… blade flurry? Or maybe multiproj spectral throw. /shrug

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    oh yeah i just realised that wand traps/mines ate a HARD nerf this patch because of the spell skill changes nerfing the supports but no compensatory buffs... targic

obF2Wuw.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Dang, Flameblast got buffed. Tearing through acts with it. Maybe not as fast as old Armabrand, but better boss damage.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Righteous Fire inquisitor can kinda capture that feel with scorching ray. Pretty fun build; I used Pohx’s version for the delirium event, and I think there’s an updated version for 3.17.

Spectral blades would probably be like… blade flurry? Or maybe multiproj spectral throw. /shrug

Scorching Ray definitely delivers a similar feeling to Disintegrate, and I'm definitely thinking about Blade Flurry soon.

I'm actually probably starting with Storm Burst, though, for something that feels a lot like Arcane Torrent.

Two questions to the crowd:

How does All Damage Can Ignite work? If I attach Archmage Support to Flameblast, does the added lightning damage get factored into the ignite, or does it ignite by itself as a separate stack?

What's the general strategy for doing a MoM build? I haven't touched it since before they reworked all those nodes.

edited February 2022
    Iirc from when I looked at it, each hit is made up multiple sources. You add up all the sources, and that is the "hit". Then you check to see what the highest type contributing to the source was, and if it's fire, you get the bonus. But also I can't remember when it delineates between base hit and not base hit.

Iirc it's the things listed in initial damage from this wiki page

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Receiving_damage

Brody on

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Carnarvon wrote: »

How does All Damage Can Ignite work? If I attach Archmage Support to Flameblast, does the added lightning damage get factored into the ignite, or does it ignite by itself as a separate stack?

What's the general strategy for doing a MoM build? I haven't touched it since before they reworked all those nodes.

If I understand the question correctly, if you have 'all damage can ignite,' then all the damage from your hit contributes together to a single large ignite.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

If I understand the question correctly, if you have 'all damage can ignite,' then all the damage from your hit contributes together to a single large ignite.

This was the cornerstone of Archmage Ignite builds until AM took a whole bunch of nerfs. More base damage = bigger ignite

If you use Stormfire for example both your lightning damage (which now can ignite) and your fire damage (which always* can ignite) are combined for the base damage in the ignite calculation.

Hexblast Ignite was the most popular way to play the skill when it was first introduced although iirc at high gear levels a cold based crit version of it ended up being more popular. You also used to be able to do some silly things with Impending Doom and probably still can if you're set on it. But after the last two rounds of ignite changes and the slew of skill gem changes specifically aimed at ignites it's less important to find weird sources for base damage. Regular fire skills are plenty strong (and Divine Ire with a Stormfire is kind of silly).

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Flameblast is tearing through acts (yes, still in acts, going slow this time) with literally just QoL supports; Ignite Proliferation, Faster Casting, and Increase Area of Effect. Burning through everything with just a few burning damage clusters. Only issue so far seems to be Incursions, where I end up having a lot of stragglers and end up running out of time before I can clear everything.

Main issue is Flameblast is basically a melee skill against a number of fast monsters, so I end up casting at my feet half the time while getting punched in the face. Trying to figure out exactly how to tune defenses without gimping my damage too much.

edited February 2022
    Flameblast is tearing through acts (yes, still in acts, going slow this time) with literally just QoL supports; Ignite Proliferation, Faster Casting, and Increase Area of Effect. Burning through everything with just a few burning damage clusters. Only issue so far seems to be Incursions, where I end up having a lot of stragglers and end up running out of time before I can clear everything.

Main issue is Flameblast is basically a melee skill against a number of fast monsters, so I end up casting at my feet half the time while getting punched in the face. Trying to figure out exactly how to tune defenses without gimping my damage too much.

You went witch, right? Spell suppression and evasion, or if you pathed down towards templar, you can pick a ridiculous amount of armor. Throw on determination and laugh.

Edit: I figured I'd copy JRX, and post my current mtx nightmare. Unfortunately mine is mostly made out of free bits I've earned and league rewards, plus a couple of lucky mystery boxes, so... uh, its an interesting look.
    l3t3zv5tdkh5.jpg

Brody on

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Act 4 exalted drop, league has blessed me.

Switch back to crackling lance went well. The bump in added damage effectiveness is definitely felt.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Ive finally hit cruising altitude with Power Siphon in act 10

Man leveling this build has been an absolute fucking chore, but Im about to hit damage scaling via int stacking and shit is feeling MUCH better having 50k tooltip. Once I get my Crown of Eyes on, its going to be glorious.

Man leveling this build has been an absolute fucking chore, but Im about to hit damage scaling via int stacking and shit is feeling MUCH better having 50k tooltip. Once I get my Crown of Eyes on, its going to be glorious.

Its always looked interesting, but hearing people say "Oh yeah, my build is worth about 500ex" is very much no thank you.

Brody wrote: »

Its always looked interesting, but hearing people say "Oh yeah, my build is worth about 500ex" is very much no thank you.

It has damn near infinite scaling, but you can definitely do a thing with a couple ex investment.