As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'd say the closest thing to Magic control is Lee and even then it's heavily reliant on Eye both for blockers and chip damage.

Well, Akshan Eggs was probably closer but it was awful to play as/against and barely lasted a season before they put a cap on actions per turn.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    eggs players deserve it

liEt3nH.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    eggs players deserve it

is this an MTG reference in the Runeterra thread

it wasn't called Akshan Eggs because you cloned Anivia i'll tell you that much!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    New cards woooo!

Also, I'm 4-0 with the old-school Luc/Hec Grand Plaza!

juurh785gwhm.png

I beat Lurk, A/K, Panth/Shyv, and Diana Nightfall. Beating 3 high tier meta decks is pretty good! Better stop while I'm ahead. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited February 2022

Yuumi and Magnetic Attached is here! Playing an Attach unit allows you to grant their stats and keywords on another ally.

4wgg1bozduh0.png
    ksnt4l8oykf6.jpg
    6iol34pv4qv9.jpg
    tbivhqatouu3.jpg
    b0jedswnxws6.jpg

Some potentially scary shit going on here. Granting Double Attack and Elusive is very dangerous.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Devs confirmed that Attach units are NOT affected by Silence and Transform effects. So if your opponent minimorphs a unit with an Attached unit, the Attached card still provides it's stats and keywords.

For example: I have a Lucian and attach a Rainbowfish on to him, making him a 5/3 with Elusive and Quick Attack. My opponent minimorphs Lucian and he turns into a 5/4 with Elusive. That's because the +2/+1 and Elusive from the Rainbowfish is now applied to the 3/3 Mini-Minitee (Quick Attack from Lucian is lost).

Also, Gleaming Lantern will allow it's discount to apply on the turn it's played. So on turn 3, you can drop a Gleaming Lantern then Attach a Quick Quill to it for a 3 mana, 4/4 Quick Attack unit.

Oh boy....

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That is not the way I would've gone, but I guess if you want the new keyword to have some teeth . . .

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    That trailer is hilarious. I know she's the purest support of all but that game was Wounded Whiteflame doing Wounded Whiteflame things.

I'd be surprised if Wounded Whiteflame doesn't get a nerf in a patch or two. If I had to guess, WW is buffed right now to make Pantheon viable. Once Yuumi has had her chance to shine, WW will probably get hit by the nerf hammer.

I mean, it's wounded yet still has 4 health? :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Also cards can only have one Attach card at a time. The first pops off back to your hand if you try to play a second on a target.

I wonder if Attach could be a way to do Kayn. Or maybe a version of Ornn where he hands out a arsenal of weapons that attach?

persona4celestia.jpg
    Yeah, the attach cards are a bit weird to wrap your head around at first. The easiest way to think of them is as separate units in play. You kill/transform/recall/silence the base unit and the attach unit is unaffected. The only exception is freeze effects, which will always set the base unit's power to 0.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited February 2022
    Durand Architect + Battering Ram -> attack -> Cataclysm for a turn 6 OTK :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The revealed cards so far haven't been narrowly designed, ala Lurk. Glad to see that there are multiple directions you can take deck building. Sure, a lot of them aren't going to be good, but at least it's there.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I like him more the more I look at him. Vulpine on 2 into Udyr on 5 lets you drop a free Boar Stance on him, at which point he has Trundle's beefy statline and everything past that is gravy.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Did I miss something why aren't the stances bear, tiger, turtle, and phoenix

I know his League counterpart is going through a rework. These might be his reworked mechanics.

Coinage wrote: »
    Did I miss something why aren't the stances bear, tiger, turtle, and phoenix

Why would they be those animals? Actually curious, I've never played LoL, so I'm assuming those are his stances in-game?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

they have a blog post about it - because udyr was going through a rework which wouldn't be complete by the time they released this udyr card, they decided to put some of their own spin on him, including basing the stances on animals that appear in the card game

liEt3nH.png
    Chief Nakotak granting +1/+1 is a huge buff to Concurrent Timelines decks. :lol:

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

rlxsuw3w2p9l.jpg
    yf8sixhciutc.jpg

And there we have it. All cards revealed! What deck are you interested in trying out first?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    funnily enough the thing gnar's design most makes me want is some sort of gimmick deck based around de-leveling your champs so that you can re-level them

liEt3nH.png
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I can't read the text on Gnar's card, come on! Blue on blue sucks!

Twitch: Thawmus83
    Strike is create

pqpd5pt4gr9s.png

or reduce it by one if you have one

liEt3nH.png
    They also announced that they'll be removing expeditions. Starting 3.2 this week there's no weekly limit so you can blow through your pile of tokens. In 3.8 expeditions will be removed and your tokens will be worthless.

They said they'll revist drafting in the future but not for a while.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Oh wow. I agree with the move, though. I must have 20-30 tokens at this point.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    While I'm stoked for the new cards and meta shake-up, I'm even more interested in seeing what the future of card releases will be. This release marks the end of the 3-part new region expansions. Going forward, they can create something entirely new.

One of the bummers of the old release was having to have a majority of the cards aimed at one region. On average, the first set was 90ish cards and the two follow up sets were 40 or so each. That's 170 for the set, with over half going to one region. It also meant that some regions would get 3 or fewer new cards, which meant they felt stale and fell behind in the meta.

Now they can more evenly distribute cards among the 10 regions. On average, each region could get 17 new cards per 3 expansions, assuming they still want to go that path. Of those cards, at least half would go to support a new champion with the remaining cards supporting older archetypes or filling needed gaps.

This could lead to a situation where spice is added to older deck types to make the region feel fresh without a new champion being included. Like, you could drop 4 Demacia cards that strengthen the Elite archetype, then add the Demacia champion in the next set to create a new archetype.

But who knows?! The old system is done and now they've got plenty of room to change their release schedule. Obviously this decision was made a while ago, since cards take a long time to make, so April should be an interesting time.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I'm actually a little surprised at the gap with nothing to replace Expeditions immediately, though. I know some folk who *only* play PvP via Expeditions and don't do Constructed at all.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I'm actually a little surprised at the gap with nothing to replace Expeditions immediately, though. I know some folk who *only* play PvP via Expeditions and don't do Constructed at all.

Yeah, it’s definitely weird. I’m guessing they’re making this decision based solely on player counts. I had a game 7 the other day and got matched up against an AI. Apparently this has been a thing for a while now.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    yeah at this point I ONLY Expedition for PVP

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    edited February 2022
    Actually, a random thought:

Would giving/making Expeditions (or whatever replaces it) a ranked mode make people want to play it more? So they're doing something to make Number Go Up, and since it eventually goes free-to-play after a couple rounds you can continue to do so without having to shell out massive amounts of money to do drafts.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    They've said in the past that so few people play Expeditions that it isn't worth spending dev time on. Which yes, is a bit of a catch-22 because neglect inevitably leads to a backlog of issues.

Which varies from stuff like the very obvious power imbalance of regions like Demacia and SI in the mode to things never being implemented to begin with like Zilean and Jayce not even being draftable.

I'd probably have just swapped everybody's tokens for shards, made the mode totally free, and seen if that improved interest at all (probably not).

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    There is something inherently funny about using Jayce to doublecast Glorious Evolution.

*edit* Esp because this was a Path of Champions run where I had Welcome Gifts and Sharing is Caring. Jayce just stole Viktor's entire shtick!

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/

Lots of new info!

New Battle Pass is Arcade themed! Lots of new skins, emotes, icons, and champion skins (animations for Anivia and MF).

Full text dump:
    The Arcade Battle Event begins on February 16 10AM PT, and runs until March 17 at 9AM PT.

Level up your Event Pass by earning Arcade Tokens, which are earned from Quests. Friend Challenge and AI wins still count towards each Quest (unless otherwise noted).

There are two 10-Quest chains that you’ll unlock throughout the event; one unlocked at level 1, and another at level 13. Completing one Quest will unlock the next in a chain; complete them all to earn a ton of extra Arcade Tokens! Additionally, weekly Epic Quest chains will unlock as the event progresses, giving even more chances at collecting Tokens as well as icons for Gnar, Yuumi, Udyr, and Galio. The first Epic Quest chain is available today, with new ones arriving every week up to the end of the event. Repeatable quests are also available throughout the event, ensuring you’ll always have a way to earn more Arcade Tokens.

If you find that time is running short before you can complete the Event Pass, you can use Coins to purchase additional levels.

A Premium Event Pass is available in the Store for 975 Coins. Purchase before March 2 to get an exclusive quest that awards 10 Arcade Tokens and a Rare Prismatic Chest! The event pass grants access to an upgraded event path with premium rewards, and immediately unlocks the Hector Guardian. All unlockable rewards can be viewed on the Event rewards road.

Get a look at the full list of rewards available in the Arcade Battle Event Pass below!

kxya4ihlhy2p.jpg

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    And patch notes!

Card changes:
    • Ahri 2/3 -> 2/2
    • Iceborn Legacy 5 -> 6 mana and Focus speed
    • Wounded Whiteflame 2/4 -> 2/3
    • Kinkou Wayfinder 2/3 -> 3/3, but now only summons one 1-cost unit

Steam ID
    Twitch Page