As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    finally in, Pipthefair on Regulus

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I made a Shadowhunter with the edgelord name Demoncore

and a bard named Sibelius

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I got in, my name is Shadowbroker on Regulus. Will get some time to play tonight assuming queues aren't nuts

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Finally cleared the second boss that is character creation. Saving the Character Presets from the beta saved me a whole lot of time.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    reading the launch day patch notes a bit closer

"Global Chat has been added to allow players to communicate with others in other worlds of the same server region."

so it sounds like NA west and NA east can just never communicate?. boo urns

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Is there an attack move command in this? Move and attack being 100% separate actions feels very strange after years of Diablo and it's derivatives.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I got in, my name is Shadowbroker on Regulus. Will get some time to play tonight assuming queues aren't nuts

Hopefully the queues clear up a bit. The countdown to get in has been slowing down here quite a bit and the game sometimes just crashes while you're waiting in queue.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Is there an attack move command in this? Move and attack being 100% separate actions feels very strange after years of Diablo and it's derivatives.

Auto attacks are so minuscule compared to actual skills this wouldn't really be much good even if it existed. Plus most/all autos are set combos with animations and everything.

oh boy they just kinda dump you into it once you get to prideholme

Trying out the Shadowhunter and so far the controller feels a lot better. I can see ranged units who need to aim, the mouse and keyboard being better. Too bad I didn't get very far before it crashed again.

I've been doing all the matchmade dungeons on hard and they've been easy peasy and then morai ruins brought out the big guns and boss wiped my party first attempt. Oof

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    What kinda system do folks have to get good performance out of this? Wanna give it a shot but mines getting a bit long in the tooth

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What kinda system do folks have to get good performance out of this? Wanna give it a shot but mines getting a bit long in the tooth

I'm on a 9-year-old machine with a GTX 970 and it plays fine so far. Not perfect framerate but fully playable.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Yeah, runs fine for me on an old i5-4790 with a GTX 970 (16 gb of ram)

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I have a 1080 and run on ultra high just fine

also, a dang old 'hot girl that's a bad cook' questline already eh?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's a korean MMO, there's only one type of girl in it

BahamutZERO.gif

only I may be the prettiest princess

As you level, can you decrease you're cooldowns? I'm finding there is a 3 second delay or so from my last skill to my first. Maybe I just need to dodge out.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    As you level, can you decrease you're cooldowns? I'm finding there is a 3 second delay or so from my last skill to my first. Maybe I just need to dodge out.

There are cooldown reduction tripods on some skills, yes. Though really I'm not sure how often they're actually used in builds. I think as you get more skills and swap to an actual build it'll probably smooth that out a bit anyway?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

only I may be the prettiest princess

But are you the worst cook

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Can you rearrange your UI to have your skills more center of the screen?

Holy hell is it ever frustrating to try to keep track of six different cooldowns by glancing down when the game also expects me to dodge telegraphed attacks.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Yikes, so queues are not getting better. I just tried to jump in and I was over 6K. Took a shower and made dinner, only dropped to 3K.

Logged off for now to take a break and eat dinner (also to relax the eyes before FF14 raid tonight)

Game is fun? Playing Sorceress, made it to level 18 and just hit the second continent. Combat feels nice; I like that Sorc can just kinda make things explode + chaining spells together to keep stuff knocked sky high is fun. Following this guide for a leveling build; it's working fine so far. In no real hurry so I'm going pretty slow and just taking my time with stuff like side quests and the social links.

There are a whole lot of systems that I don't really get yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    This story is absolutely nonsensical Generic Anime Fantasy Word Vomit, and I am here for it

edited February 2022
    I was a bit worried about levelling as a bard with it being a support class but nope lol my skill upgrade trees all also include a “blow shit up in hilarious ways” option so it’s been fun times and I’ve just hit 30

taliosfalcon on
    I was a bit worried about levelling as a bard with it being a support class but nope lol my skill upgrade trees all also include a “blow shit up in hilarious ways” option so it’s been fun times and I’ve just hit 30

Yeah I feel fragile, but can still murder things real good

question for those in early access: is the beginning of the game the same as it was in the test version, or do you actually do the class-specific tutorial zones that they just showed you a movie for when you created your character?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    question for those in early access: is the beginning of the game the same as it was in the test version, or do you actually do the class-specific tutorial zones that they just showed you a movie for when you created your character?

Prologue is still the same as test. The classes all get their own intro video, but the actual playable part is the same for everybody

They got rid of the class specific thing for all regions a while ago. Apparently the current one is a lot more connected to the overall main story than the old class specific ones used to be.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    I see, was curious about that since it felt like such an awkward bandaid thing

BahamutZERO.gif
    I made a guild called Lost Arcadians on Regulus. Let me know if you want an invite! @H0b0man and I are in there, I am Shadowbroker in game if you see an invite from me. Feel free to post your name here and that you're on Regulus and I'll invite you

Made it to level 20 before I figured out how to rebind skills, ama

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I tried out most of the classes on the new server without a queue. The Strikers is a natural fit for a controller, and I really love using the stick vs the mouse click move. While it's probably impossible due to the number of key's involved, WASD movement over mouse clicking seems like a more natural fit.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    This has got to be the best mmo release day ive ever experienced. Sure I had a delay but that was steam. Once steam fixed itself the game didnt seem to skip a beat with all of us logging on in a huge wave heh.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    It still isn't the full release. The servers will be under a lot more stress when all the people who didn't get the founder pack get to play.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Gunlancer attacks feel so chonky! I love it.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah I know. Headstart. It is still one of the best mmo release days ive ever experienced as with the small buy in I would say a large portion of the population jumped on today. I mean steam charts had it at 500k today. Pretty nutty.

edited February 2022
    You know never in the history of video games has anyone playing one ever gone "Oh i need to /emote or play a song at this character, how clever and enjoyable!" and i don't understand wtf it's still a thing. And all over in this.

taliosfalcon on
    You know never in the history of video games has anyone playing one ever gone "Oh i need to /emote or play a song at this character, how clever and enjoyable!" and i don't understand wtf it's still a thing. And all over in this.

as like, secrets? or just part of a quest?

cause ff14 does that as parts of quests, but that's because ff14 gives a shit about the story and it's a way to involve you in it

edited February 2022
    PiptheFair wrote: »

as like, secrets? or just part of a quest?

cause ff14 does that as parts of quests, but that's because ff14 gives a shit about the story and it's a way to involve you in it

As part of quests; but it's just such a terrible way to make you involved in it. to me at least the jankyness pulls me way more out of the story than it would if they did it via text dialogue. Every time i hit one it just pulls me out of the game w/ the solid jank.

It did the same thing to me in ff14 now that you mention it, any time i hit one i'd just let out a heavy sigh and go "oh for fucks sake not this again"

taliosfalcon on
  • StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    Made it to 42 before I decided to call it a night, I love a support class that's not just a healer and paladin is like the perfect encapsulation of what I want, it's great.