As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The style of the wardancer caught my eye, but then I was reading about them and the general stance was that they're not terribly good at anything.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    There's definitely a meta but the game is generally balanced enough that the "worst" is still perfectly viable. Sure there'll be meta chasers that might be jerks about certain classes like any mmo, but there's no reason you wouldn't be able to do content.

Plus they rebalance things pretty regularly and have said specifically they plan to refresh specific classes that aren't super popular at the moment. I wouldn't stress too much about not being meta at this exact moment tbh, play what looks fun to you.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    From what I've heard about the current state of the KR servers, there really isn't a class that can't get a group because of how they perform.

Sure some might do more damage right now, but it's a MMO. Balance patches are going to change the meta all the time. If you think a class looks fun to play than you should play that class.

Also from what I've seen on KR streams, most of the time if you fail to kill a boss it's not because you weren't doing enough damage, but that you got hit by mechanics and died.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I'm still enjoying the playstyle of the bard; but the sound effects for the harp/music abilities all get very uh..grating after awhile and i've started playing with the sound off and listening to music due to it.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm still enjoying the playstyle of the bard; but the sound effects for the harp/music abilities all get very uh..grating after awhile and i've started playing with the sound off and listening to music due to it.

I'm also barding. I'm more worried about annoying others with the spell sounds. Some of them are... Much louder than other abilities. Like it seems incorrect how loud they are.

Also I'd use the pet cat except it mewls every 7 seconds and it was going to drive me nuts.

Towns sound like a dump truck full of kittens.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    there just a ton of noise going on in the game

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to look at another character? Most of these games you can inspect someone else to see what they have.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Is there a way to look at another character? Most of these games you can inspect someone else to see what they have.

I think it's ctrl+right click?

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Discovered this had controller support last night. Always one of my favorite touches in ARPG's now. Since Diablo 3 kind of nailed it in the console versions it's become my preferred input method for these games. Their default controller binding seems a bit complicated in some cases, but hey, it's there, and it's all remappable, so I'm happy.

I too prefer the controller. Beware you will still need the keyboard for some things. When testing all the classes, melee works the best with one. Trying to use a ranged unit is really tough since you need to use the right stick while holding down 2 buttons to move the AoE into place.

Maybe I'll get use to the point and click system for the mouse, but right now it's still a major challenge. Half the time I end up running into the projectile I was trying to dodge as you have to click away from the effect but then back to aim your spell which then I tend to click the wrong button to walk right back into the effect lol. I know it might be weird, but I kind of wish they'd have a full keyboard layout. Using WASD for movement and the number pad for skills.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    If anyone else is on Regulus, feel free to message me here or send me a friend request for a guild invite. I'm Shadowbroker in-game.

Will probably wait until the weekend and then open up the guild to random people.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I made a guild called Lost Arcadians on Regulus. Let me know if you want an invite! @H0b0man and I are in there, I am Shadowbroker in game if you see an invite from me. Feel free to post your name here and that you're on Regulus and I'll invite you

I will join, I'm Horribella

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Ugh, I'm gonna regret this but bronze pack gooooooo! I can't take New World anymore, and I'm not gonna sit here and pick my nose until End of Dragons comes out.

So weird to see how much less density there is on West Coast vs. East Coast. I guess I'm going to pick Mari and just see how it feels.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I started a Guild on Mari that's just my IRL friends so far but I'm happy to open it up to West Coast PAers so we can all reap the benefits of... whatever guilds get you. PM or @ me here with your in-game character name if you want an invite.

• Options
    If anyone else is on Regulus, feel free to message me here or send me a friend request for a guild invite. I'm Shadowbroker in-game.

Will probably wait until the weekend and then open up the guild to random people.

Are there perks for guild membership? ie daily items.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    From what I can tell from looking through the approximately 4000 system mechanics I've unlocked so far, you can donate currency (silver/gold/honor, I don't actually know what honor is yet though) to the guild, which gets you a different type of currency + completion bonuses? There is also a guild research tab, and some kind of weekly boss rush thing in the guild menu which also gives rewards?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options

Are there perks for guild membership? ie daily items.

There seem to be very good reasons to 1) be in a guild, and 2) have all of the guild members active and doing things.

From what I can tell as the guild master, I can assign guild research to give us all bonuses, I can also assign a weekly guild quest for us to do that gives us stuff.

You can donate 6000 silver to the guild every day and if you max out your donations you get a ton of bloodstones, which seem to be a currency that you can trade for almost anything? Seems good, at least.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    From what I can tell from looking through the approximately 4000 system mechanics I've unlocked so far, you can donate currency (silver/gold/honor, I don't actually know what honor is yet though) to the guild, which gets you a different type of currency + completion bonuses? There is also a guild research tab, and some kind of weekly boss rush thing in the guild menu which also gives rewards?

From what I've heard the silver donation is the only one worth it right now. 100 gold is way too valuable for what you get for donating it.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I will say limiting your guilds size to levels is very frustrating, I'm in a group that has a full guild and 5 or 6 people still waiting to get in but we can't do anything about that until we start to level up the guild. I mean it's not a huge deal but I do feel bad having folks feel a bit left out at the moment

Stationary on
  • Options
    Yikes, think i only have 20k silver. Also are guilds per character or account?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    If you watch a stream on twitch you get a chest full of 100k silver after 4 hours of watching.

And some of the purple gemstones, and combat item chests.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    The style of the wardancer caught my eye, but then I was reading about them and the general stance was that they're not terribly good at anything.

They're fun though.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    If you watch a stream on twitch you get a chest full of 100k silver after 4 hours of watching.

And some of the purple gemstones, and combat item chests.

Can always just open it and mute it leaving it in the background. Still get the drops.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Yikes, think i only have 20k silver. Also are guilds per character or account?

silver will come very quickly

I'm not even 30 and have over 100k

guilds are per character, this game expects you to have alts to help progress your main through endgame gear progression, which is why you get several insta lvl50 scrolls

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    You will start using more silver the higher you get.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular

I'd be interested in joining. Elgara on Regulus

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Yeah, once you get into the card system (something to save until max level) the cost start going up to develop that system.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    What are the names of our folks on Mari right now? I tried to friend everyone on NA West in the sheet but I'm not sure if anything turned out to be your in-game names.

I'm BatShark, add me!

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Just sent in a request to the NA East guild. I'm Lubaire

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    How in the hell do these Twitch drops work? There's some drops for "pets" and I've got a check mark next to them but nothing shows up in game? And is this separate from the Prime Gaming (it seems like it is).

. . .this is why I don't fuck with these drops, it is all so confusing.

• Options
    Looks like we have about 10 people so far in the guild on Regulus. There's a 30 person cap until the guild levels up a bit, but we'll worry about that if it happens.

Slowly figuring out the guild stuff. I turned the bloodstones to 90/10 distribution in favor of guild members, so the guild only gets 10%. It was originally 50/50 until I saw it and was like :eek:

• Options
    Going to test out the striker and see how i like it vs the sorceress before asking for an invite.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    How in the hell do these Twitch drops work? There's some drops for "pets" and I've got a check mark next to them but nothing shows up in game? And is this separate from the Prime Gaming (it seems like it is).

. . .this is why I don't fuck with these drops, it is all so confusing.

The streamers are apparently racing for drop unlocks of some kind, but I forget the specific details. But there are some unlocks that right now only come from watching specific official channels, like the fox pet and the mount. You'd have to check the Twitch Drops page under the Lost Ark drops to find out which ones exactly.

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    What are the names of our folks on Mari right now? I tried to friend everyone on NA West in the sheet but I'm not sure if anything turned out to be your in-game names.

I'm BatShark, add me!

Taliosfalcon on mari here.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    twitch is confusing; I am not a regular user and trying to figure out which channels I can watch aka idle in a window in the background for rewards and after 20 minutes searching i still have no fucking idea. The lost ark drops page said anything on the crown channel; there's nothing live on it now so i'm watching one from earlier today but i have no idea if that will result in drops or not; nothing on the stream page indicates it will.

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    twitch is confusing; I am not a regular user and trying to figure out which channels I can watch aka idle in a window in the background for rewards and after 20 minutes searching i still have no fucking idea. The lost ark drops page said anything on the crown channel; there's nothing live on it now so i'm watching one from earlier today but i have no idea if that will result in drops or not; nothing on the stream page indicates it will.

There's no built-in way for channels to indicate they have drops, but they'll usually show in the stream title. I've just been watching twitch.tv/maximum all day. He's a chill WoW guy who's going hard on the endgame so you get to see some weird content. He's also not a bombastic streamer, so you don't have to worry about... dipshittery.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Watching the Crown channel is correct for the fox pet, but yes only watching it while it's live counts. Unfortunately I've only ever seen them live once(yesterday), and I've never seen the AmznGTom channel online to get the mount, bird and paper hat drops.

admanb wrote: »

There's no built-in way for channels to indicate they have drops, but they'll usually show in the stream title. I've just been watching twitch.tv/maximum all day. He's a chill WoW guy who's going hard on the endgame so you get to see some weird content. He's also not a bombastic streamer, so you don't have to worry about... dipshittery.

When you initially enter the channel on desktop it should flash at the top of the chat window which drop you can get from it if you still have yet to qualify. But that's the only specific notification you'll get about it.

• Options
    I don't think anyone has technically unlocked the 2nd-4th tiers of drops, and we have until March 1st so it's nothing to worry about yet. The 1st drop is the most immediately useful one anyways.

Here's the website. It's been down a lot recently but it's up right now.

• Options
    level 38ish story spoilers, just in case anyone cares
    this story is still very stupid but I am enjoying this hot vampire just feeding his allies to you and then eating their power after you beat the shit out of them. A+ villain

• Options
    Well, this is unfortunate. It looks like my progress is softlocked. Can't progress past an invisible wall on a Scenario, and can't even escape the dungeon as there's a cooldown on leaving a dungeon for some reason.

. . .also the client itself is just kind of buggy, alt-tabbing or navigating menus is wonky. I'm genuinely curious how much work was done on polishing the game or if most of the effort was just in translating the entire thing (which can't have been a small effort).

Just a bit of a bummer way to end things.

• Options
    ED! wrote: »
    Well, this is unfortunate. It looks like my progress is softlocked. Can't progress past an invisible wall on a Scenario, and can't even escape the dungeon as there's a cooldown on leaving a dungeon for some reason.

. . .also the client itself is just kind of buggy, alt-tabbing or navigating menus is wonky. I'm genuinely curious how much work was done on polishing the game or if most of the effort was just in translating the entire thing (which can't have been a small effort).

Just a bit of a bummer way to end things.

If you're in a scenario just logging off and back on should restart it.