As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Brody wrote: »
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Flameblast is tearing through acts (yes, still in acts, going slow this time) with literally just QoL supports; Ignite Proliferation, Faster Casting, and Increase Area of Effect. Burning through everything with just a few burning damage clusters. Only issue so far seems to be Incursions, where I end up having a lot of stragglers and end up running out of time before I can clear everything.

Main issue is Flameblast is basically a melee skill against a number of fast monsters, so I end up casting at my feet half the time while getting punched in the face. Trying to figure out exactly how to tune defenses without gimping my damage too much.

You went witch, right? Spell suppression and evasion, or if you pathed down towards templar, you can pick a ridiculous amount of armor. Throw on determination and laugh.

Edit: I figured I'd copy JRX, and post my current mtx nightmare. Unfortunately mine is mostly made out of free bits I've earned and league rewards, plus a couple of lucky mystery boxes, so... uh, its an interesting look.
    l3t3zv5tdkh5.jpg

Elementalist, yeah. I pathed down to get Divine Shield, and picked Arctic Armor and Determination as auras. Eventually I started having mana issues, so I tried Clarity, but it ate all my mana. I then went with Determination as an Eternal Blessing, 100% unreserved mana, but still felt like I needed Clarity. Now I'm trying Artic+Clarity with MoM, and this feels 'correct', but I'm not sure how 'useful' divine shield is right now.

What I'd like is to run Determination as an Eternal Blessing, MoM, Bronze Dome, Archmage support, and then figure out how to fix my mana regen. Still not sure how useful Archmage Support is going to be, hard to test when everything just explodes as-is.

Also wondering if I should go for the Primal Aegis Aegis node over the All Damage Can Shock, or the +60% AoE nodes. Have to see how things shake out.

edit: If you have a ton of random MTX, pick up the Golden Character Effect. Makes all your MTX match!
    5bfajecofb39.png

Carnarvon on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Flameblast is tearing through acts (yes, still in acts, going slow this time) with literally just QoL supports; Ignite Proliferation, Faster Casting, and Increase Area of Effect. Burning through everything with just a few burning damage clusters. Only issue so far seems to be Incursions, where I end up having a lot of stragglers and end up running out of time before I can clear everything.

Main issue is Flameblast is basically a melee skill against a number of fast monsters, so I end up casting at my feet half the time while getting punched in the face. Trying to figure out exactly how to tune defenses without gimping my damage too much.

You went witch, right? Spell suppression and evasion, or if you pathed down towards templar, you can pick a ridiculous amount of armor. Throw on determination and laugh.

Edit: I figured I'd copy JRX, and post my current mtx nightmare. Unfortunately mine is mostly made out of free bits I've earned and league rewards, plus a couple of lucky mystery boxes, so... uh, its an interesting look.
    l3t3zv5tdkh5.jpg

Honestly?

I think it looks pretty alright. I think about 80% of the stuff GGG puts out as MTX's are way too overdone, and that appeals to me a lot more. I couldn't do the mismatched mtx on the hand though lol

My two. Practical mapping build (explosive concoction) and aspirational nutso build (power siphon)

kf07dkyfk4zz.png

jungleroomx on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the only mtx u need is the crabs and either the scroll or book backpack (so they have something to read, crab literacy is very important)

obF2Wuw.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ok build has ended up being varunastra poison ignite freeze glacial hammer with the new grasping vine boots and abhorrent interrogation

obF2Wuw.png
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    So...some of these new implicit influence mods can get REALLY nice.

These were rolled with the lesser ones:
    8how38vyrr0k.png

I'm playing a block build, so that just capped my spell block. It's really nice to be able to take an existing item that's already good and make it even better without a chance of bricking it.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    My kingdom for a recipe book

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    ive been quite enjoying just messing around and finding them once i realised what the little gold border highlights meant

obF2Wuw.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

l3t3zv5tdkh5.jpg

Elementalist, yeah. I pathed down to get Divine Shield, and picked Arctic Armor and Determination as auras. Eventually I started having mana issues, so I tried Clarity, but it ate all my mana. I then went with Determination as an Eternal Blessing, 100% unreserved mana, but still felt like I needed Clarity. Now I'm trying Artic+Clarity with MoM, and this feels 'correct', but I'm not sure how 'useful' divine shield is right now.

What I'd like is to run Determination as an Eternal Blessing, MoM, Bronze Dome, Archmage support, and then figure out how to fix my mana regen. Still not sure how useful Archmage Support is going to be, hard to test when everything just explodes as-is.

Also wondering if I should go for the Primal Aegis Aegis node over the All Damage Can Shock, or the +60% AoE nodes. Have to see how things shake out.

edit: If you have a ton of random MTX, pick up the Golden Character Effect. Makes all your MTX match!
    5bfajecofb39.png

I think with MoM you want to and leave a lot of mana unreserved? I don't normally do MoM builds. You might be able to do Eldritch Battery? Either grab it if is close, or look at a devouring diadem? It lets you reserve basically all your mana. But if you've been investing heavily in mana, it's probably not great since all those auras are percent res.

Primal aegis is pretty good iirc

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Ive finally hit cruising altitude with Power Siphon in act 10

Man leveling this build has been an absolute fucking chore, but Im about to hit damage scaling via int stacking and shit is feeling MUCH better having 50k tooltip. Once I get my Crown of Eyes on, its going to be glorious.

Its always looked interesting, but hearing people say "Oh yeah, my build is worth about 500ex" is very much no thank you.

"Can you guys suggest some good budget builds for this league? I don't want to spend more than 50 ex"

steam_sig.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How are skeleton mages?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Good, but currently expensive since it is meta and early league.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How are skeleton mages?

I found the gem for it and it sold for 70c the moment it was listed. So probably good, definitely not cheap.

Has anyone seen whether or not seismic traps survived? I'm in the process of switching from ele traps, but it feels a little lacking vs bosses compared to 3.15, and I'm wondering if someone who has gotten a little more built has some insight.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How do I update all the filter blade item filters?
    I made a custom one way back but now I can only update it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    sometimes I sit and think about how much I wish there were some way to test out what different skills feel like without having to level to the point that I can use them/get them working correctly with links and uniques

much much more rarely, I remember that this already exists, it's called the shitzillion standard characters I have gathering dust

I'm not very bright

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    sometimes I sit and think about how much I wish there were some way to test out what different skills feel like without having to level to the point that I can use them/get them working correctly with links and uniques

much much more rarely, I remember that this already exists, it's called the shitzillion standard characters I have gathering dust

I'm not very bright

But then you have to deal with the Stash Issue. No one wants to deal with the Stash Issue. Or even think about the Stash Issue.

The stash in standard is definitely sorted and organized and surely not overflowing from years of leagues accumulation stacking on top of each other /hyperventilates

• Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    366udxn1vdhr.png

How does this interact with other drop types? Overwrite, convert, other? Thanks in advance.

camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
    Self-cast Arc still going strong. Doing tier 15-16 maps pretty easily. Killed the minibosses today with a few deaths because I didn't know the fights. DPS is definitely there.

Got my aegis aurora and feeling much tankier. Tier 12+ maps were really hard and I lost a lot of experience because I kept dying before I got the shield. So far I am very pleased with the build. I'll see how it does against the endgame bosses, but based on the map DPS it should be fine.

I really like the new influence modifiers, they can roll some pretty cool stuff. It never feels bad to use them on gear you're wearing because it can't brick the item.

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    I appear to have screwed up. My league starter, CoC Ice Nova, doesn't actually work. I knew this was going to be a bit of a "late bloomer", but it's essentially unusable in T1 maps, and I don't have enough chaos to actually do anything, since I spent it all on getting the build equipped.

(This is just like that time I tried flicker strike. In both cases, builds that you can't actually try until level 68.)

I really don't want to go through the acts again, so looks like I'm going for...lightning trap, apparently. It's doing alright, even though my items, tree, and ascendency are all for a completely different build, and lightning trap is only level 14. So, pretty good sign. Now I just need to buy a higher-level lightning trap and scrounge up an extra 40 regret orbs.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    My league "starter" was too much to chew (for now) so I'm going Explosive Concoction.

After a 3.5 ex cluster jewel drop, I popped some un-min-maxed versions of my endgame uniques (Crown of the Inward Eye, Skin of the Loyal, and Atziri's Step) and re-specced into Iron Reflexes. And thank god I did.

The tankiness difference between 9k evade and 12k armor is monumental, and the damage boost was very nice as well. Hitting yellow maps right now and I'm just kinda walking through shit like it ain't there, league content included.

I'm excited to pop Acrobatics for that 60% spell dodge.

jungleroomx on
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I'm really liking the way Storm Burst feels (it looks like they redesigned it at some point, at least aesthetically, looking at its launch video with big blue orbs?) and had no clue something like it existed.

I kind of feel like at some point I just need to try every single skill out with a few links on a standard character, just to see what things I might enjoy that I'm missing.

I'm really liking the way Storm Burst feels (it looks like they redesigned it at some point, at least aesthetically, looking at its launch video with big blue orbs?) and had no clue something like it existed.

I kind of feel like at some point I just need to try every single skill out with a few links on a standard character, just to see what things I might enjoy that I'm missing.

Yeah I mean

For the longest time I thought Arc was what Lightning Tendrils actually was when people were saying it was one of the best self-cast spells in the game, which is why I never used it (until I looked at a video and saw I was horribly mistaken)

If I did as you suggested and just put a skill on a 3L on one of my random ass Standard toons I would've done it 3 leagues sooner.

So yeah, it could be of some benefit lol

Stryker43 wrote: »
    366udxn1vdhr.png

How does this interact with other drop types? Overwrite, convert, other? Thanks in advance.

Overwrites/converts type, but leaves count and rerolls. In the trailer they show someone using one that converts everything to currency, and then one that has a x3 weapon, and then a 6 times reroll, so the last one was 5 currency drops rolled 6 times each highest rarity.

Storm burst got reworked when divine ire came out.
    I appear to have screwed up. My league starter, CoC Ice Nova, doesn't actually work. I knew this was going to be a bit of a "late bloomer", but it's essentially unusable in T1 maps, and I don't have enough chaos to actually do anything, since I spent it all on getting the build equipped.

(This is just like that time I tried flicker strike. In both cases, builds that you can't actually try until level 68.)

I really don't want to go through the acts again, so looks like I'm going for...lightning trap, apparently. It's doing alright, even though my items, tree, and ascendency are all for a completely different build, and lightning trap is only level 14. So, pretty good sign. Now I just need to buy a higher-level lightning trap and scrounge up an extra 40 regret orbs.

Mathil did CoC frost Nova frost bolt, iirc, but that was like 10 leagues ago or something, still might be worth looking at his video?

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Stryker43 wrote: »
    366udxn1vdhr.png

Zizaran did a video of him stacking 4 complimentary ones to try and force good uniques, still RNG but might be worth a try if you can live through it.

https://youtu.be/6Ub_XbtMScY

steam_sig.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Man leveling this build has been an absolute fucking chore, but Im about to hit damage scaling via int stacking and shit is feeling MUCH better having 50k tooltip. Once I get my Crown of Eyes on, its going to be glorious.

Its always looked interesting, but hearing people say "Oh yeah, my build is worth about 500ex" is very much no thank you.

My Spider build had, at the end:

Squire - 330 ex
    Headhunter - 60 ex
    2x 12 socket i84 clusters with 35% increased effectiveness, 3% attack/cast speed, and 10 life - 60 ex each

That's already over 500 ex. And yet, you did the build with like a 5 ex starting base. You can scale any build into infinity, but focusing on the low end is important. Unless you're doing a build that specifically cannot be run without a certain expensive unique, you should be able to get it up and running for relatively cheap.

In Heist League, for example, aura stacker was considered to be the best endgame build and the stuff was really expensive. But I started the league as an aura stacker and never rerolled, because early I just went as aura bot until I got my own defences and damage high enough to solo.

The secret to getting rich is to find a build you like, and don't reroll. And find a farm method (or a few methods) and focus on optimizing those. Do you like Legion? Spec your atlas for legion and run the F out of it. You'll make money just doing that. Same for anything.

edited February 2022
    Heffling wrote: »

My Spider build had, at the end:

Squire - 330 ex
    Headhunter - 60 ex
    2x 12 socket i84 clusters with 35% increased effectiveness, 3% attack/cast speed, and 10 life - 60 ex each

That's already over 500 ex. And yet, you did the build with like a 5 ex starting base. You can scale any build into infinity, but focusing on the low end is important. Unless you're doing a build that specifically cannot be run without a certain expensive unique, you should be able to get it up and running for relatively cheap.

In Heist League, for example, aura stacker was considered to be the best endgame build and the stuff was really expensive. But I started the league as an aura stacker and never rerolled, because early I just went as aura bot until I got my own defences and damage high enough to solo.

The secret to getting rich is to find a build you like, and don't reroll. And find a farm method (or a few methods) and focus on optimizing those. Do you like Legion? Spec your atlas for legion and run the F out of it. You'll make money just doing that. Same for anything.

Yeah I'm going blight/harby/delirium and map sustain

Re-rolling is addictive, though.

jungleroomx on
    I specced into all the blight nodes

haha jokes on me, blight maps don't open

I specced into all the blight nodes

haha jokes on me, blight maps don't open

Keep doing it, eventually it opens.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Self-cast Arc still going strong. Doing tier 15-16 maps pretty easily. Killed the minibosses today with a few deaths because I didn't know the fights. DPS is definitely there.

Got my aegis aurora and feeling much tankier. Tier 12+ maps were really hard and I lost a lot of experience because I kept dying before I got the shield. So far I am very pleased with the build. I'll see how it does against the endgame bosses, but based on the map DPS it should be fine.

I really like the new influence modifiers, they can roll some pretty cool stuff. It never feels bad to use them on gear you're wearing because it can't brick the item.

Are you running Enki's?

Nope! I'm running a non crit version that uses glancing blows, divine shield, and Aegis Aurora for tanking.

Sitting at about 600k sirus dps right now, but it's able to do t16 maps fairly easily. My gear still isn't great, I think with a couple exalts more investment I could get it up to 1.5 million

I decided not to go with the crit Arc builds because all of them seemed to skimp on defense to get more damage, when I tend to want builds that can at least take a hit. The max block, divine shield, aegis aurora combo seems to work well for that purpose. I'm basically unkillable except to chaos damage or very large hits. I even automated my defense flasks and sat in a crowd of monsters to test it out, it's legit.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Mind sharing a tree? I was thinking about starting arc tomorrow for console launch and that sounds fun

Note to self

Avoid Channels boss metamorph

What an absolute fucking chad

edited February 2022
    Carpy wrote: »
    Mind sharing a tree? I was thinking about starting arc tomorrow for console launch and that sounds fun

Here's my current character: https://pastebin.com/0jpjDeTr

You can get an idea of how to build it from the gear and the tree, I can answer any questions too. It does require significant investment to get the Aegis Aurora, but once you do that you can farm red maps without fear of dying. Use a Rumi's Concoction until you have the Aegis Aurora.

Spawnbroker on
    How come no one ever seems to use replica mist wall. It seems like a really solid shield for evasion characters?

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    How come no one ever seems to use replica mist wall. It seems like a really solid shield for evasion characters?

From a quick look, it appears to be an antisynergy with Acrobatics compared to the non-replica version.

From a quick look, it appears to be an antisynergy with Acrobatics compared to the non-replica version.

Yeah, but if I'm not grabbing acro anyways? It just seems like decent amount of block/spell block and basically constant uptime on phasing.

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    I'm absolutely loving this league. I rolled a poison concoction pathfinder and then realized I hate how the ability feels. Super strong but felt like I was throwing traps, which I'm not a fan of. I rerolled with a very hipster Explosive Arrow Ballista build, you've probably never heard of it. So damn strong! Really liking it.

Just hit maps with my seismic trapper. Spent probably too much on gear, but I've got just about everything set until I start trying to spend big money.

Can corrupted gems gain levels? Like a lvl 15 Seismic trap, can I still level it up to 20 (provided I don't roll -1 level)

• scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    sure, corrupted gems can always reach their max level. even with -1 level they start gaining experience again when you corrupt them at 20 and eventually go back to 20. just not 21.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, the removal of the regions and the addition of embers and ichors as lower-level influence orbs really made a difference in enjoyment.

Lets go, Stone Golem Death Wish.