As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat]ing Daylights

1828384858688»

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Man I can't find any damn tape. I want to tape a note on our door saying we have no candy.

sarks did you see my snide and snotty post on the last page

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    why not just call it sambal [whatever meat]

are you cooking a dry-ish curry or a wet one, abdh?

Think he is making a chili not a curry.

he did mention sambal

where sambal comes from, the distinction can be a little fine

would you call rendang a curry or a chili?

Curry, this is a chili.

chili208769.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Skippy is going to answer the door each time

"Look, you can have some candy but do you know where I can get some weed?"

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Man I can't find any damn tape. I want to tape a note on our door saying we have no candy.

sarks did you see my snide and snotty post on the last page

yah bro iphone 4s sux

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Guys is there a standard go-to service for running something like a small, open webforum? Invite-only would be ideal.

I have a group of 500-700 people that are going to use it for coordinating service projects and as a kind of craigslist thing

facebook, with all the clunkiness that entails, seems common now

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Hi.

hello you fucking guy

skippy!

how's your penis!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Ell, I was actually talking doctrine in response to Desc. I wasn't being a hippie!

I know

but really

karma as a metaphysical concept can be basically boiled down to "stuff you think/do"

anything beyond that depends entirely on the respective framework

so you can't actually say "stuff you think/do" in a metaphysical sense is incompatible with christian faiths.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I believe the entire discussion is about the frameworks. Christianity doesn't accept the concept of karma in the sense of cosmic redistributive justice.

This is still a problematic view of karma though. It's not redistributed in any sort of discerning way.

I don't think I did a good job explaining last time, but they are not compatible for this reason:

Once you have accepted Jesus as your savior you are forgiven your sins. Even if you continue to sin, so long as you are a believer you go to heaven.

Karma, as formulated in religions like Buddhism, is the cycle of cause and effect. Every action participates in this, and to enter this cycle is to cause suffering. Some sects of Buddhism believe that this concept is tied to reincarnation and that when one has finished working through their karma they cease to be reincarnated.

In Christianity, you have one shot to spend eternity in Heavel or Hell. In any Karmic-belief system, you have many.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Skippy is going to answer the door each time

"Look, you can have some candy but do you know where I can get some weed?"

small child: *giggles, keeps connect to self*

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    why not just call it sambal [whatever meat]

are you cooking a dry-ish curry or a wet one, abdh?

Think he is making a chili not a curry.

I call it chili because I used beans in "chili sauce"

started with onion in oil, then threw in some ground beef to fry, with a dollop of curry paste to fry it in like you do with tomato purée when making tomato soup

then a little sambal oelek - which is a jar I have - and when it's all fried good down there I put in a can of tomatoes and the celeriac, chop some garlic and a chilli, threw them in, open the can of chili beans (with the can-opener on my leatherman and not the scissors like yesterday) and pour that in

mix it all good while I put more pepper, thyme and finally a pinch of salt after it's boiled in some.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Guys is there a standard go-to service for running something like a small, open webforum? Invite-only would be ideal.

I have a group of 500-700 people that are going to use it for coordinating service projects and as a kind of craigslist thing

Just about every major shared hosting plan will provide a turnkey install of forum software which you can then configure to disallow public registration or public viewing of posts.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hi.

hello you fucking guy

skippy!

how's your penis!

it's so big! oh man

also did you go away before I had a kid? cause I have a kid

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Once you have accepted Jesus as your savior you are forgiven your sins. Even if you continue to sin, so long as you are a believer you go to heaven...

you're not allowed to, like, actually test this though

christianity has some weird "so don't think about it" catch-alls

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I wish I had some bread.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    don't bring a loaf of bread to a knife fight

(4s = loaf of bread, 5 = knife)

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Are any other [chat]ters doing nano this year?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hi.

hello you fucking guy

skippy!

how's your penis!

it's so big! oh man

also did you go away before I had a kid? cause I have a kid

I remember you were going to have a kid, but I didn't want to be THAT GUY and be the first to bring it up cuz these things are never really certain until it pops out.

So... woohoo! Late congrats!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Welp, now I need to go out and find some chili. Thanks, [chat]...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I just hid in my house and ignored the knocking.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    some bread would not go amiss, but a Hansa pilsner is far from a poor replacement.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

facebook, with all the clunkiness that entails, seems common now

Well it's currently a Facebook group, but:
    -The purpose of the board is somewhat tertiary to the primary purpose of the group, which is an artist/musician community of sorts
    -Lots of notifications about specific projects or people trading materials could be bothersome and cause people miss notifications that are more group-centric

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Are any other [chat]ters doing nano this year?

I'm not doing Nano again this year.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I really hope that they adapt to film the novel where Chewie gets killed by a moon falling on him
    Except in the movie Chewie s

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    :whistle:

This discussion has been closed.