As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Figure Drawing (NSFW) (Formerly Figuary 21)

2»

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Looks like you're getting better at it! There's a big difference in those two posts.

• Options
    Looks like there's not going to be any Figuary stuff from Love Life Drawing this February because Croquis Cafe won't have free content this year. :( Might be something later in the year though. If it changes I'll let you know.

I might do it anyway, we'll see. I do have a lot of Figure Drawing books to go through and am still working on that Proko course.

Speaking of Proko's figure drawing course I got to the construction section in that proko course and umm it's a bit thin there innit.

• Options
    hiraethhiraeth SpaceRegistered User regular
    Scott's uploaded some longer videos yous might like I think he participated in figuary last year?

• Options
    Yeah he did some stuff at the very beginning of Fig 2020. Seems like those videos are no longer available. LLD were having issues with their channel being demonetized so that might be the reason they were removed.

I did end up starting today. It feels like my 1 minute poses are like 15s poses, my 2 minute poses are more like a one minute pose and 5 minutes are just messed up. So yeah just like last year.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    I’m going to do Figuary this year; hopefully I don’t get lazy. I am out of practice so my day 1 sketches are not very good but gotta start somewhere.

anFcjyC.jpg
    8TEde6w.jpg
    D8VTc07.jpg

Taya on
  • Options
    This isn't the usual short pose stuff a lot of people do but thought I'd add to your thread. Done a bunch of these over the past month or so but this is the only one I've done this month, sat down one day and started drawing what I was thinking, like all the triangulation lines etc, then copy pasting at random steps instead of erasing it all.
    25a4rp4qq9s9.jpg

Learnt a lot doing them, I like step 4 in this one and would like to move onto painting from there I don't really like doing the meticulous contour steps anymore. I just... don't really know how to paint so.

• Options
    Hey thanks for the awesomes you're awesome too

I tried to do a faster one of that guy who looks like someone frazetta modeled all his males off of
    sjl980h2im86.jpg

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Looking great, super cool to see your process! I've got to get back into practice, I fell off for a bit due to ~real life bullshit~

• Options
    Thanks Didge!

I just stumbled across Bobby Chiu's life drawing videos he has some 90 min art challenge with a couple of other artists, it's always interesting to see how they do it differently.

• Options
    Gonna definitely do some more this year! Very busy atm though. Anybody else? :)

• Options
    I forgot it was Figuary time of year so probably not. OTOH I am doing the Figure module from ArtWoD atm so maybe.

• Options
    I'll be trying to do some figure and hand/ feet practice! Just picked up the Morpho books, and I really need to revisit Proko's course. Fell off and never finished it

• Options
    xsb983o6bgo0.png

h5lc7p9115aq.png

Hands!! And People!!! Plugging away here.

• Options
    Finally! Had to move on short notice but back into drawing again. Have been working on legs and pelvis mannequinisation, need to do more work on knees and lower leg though. Feet are for later.

wfmqzzmnt5bt.jpg

• Options
    Practice practice

191bvwbzsjnq.jpg

• Options
    Ooh great stuff here! That looks really solid, in the uh, spatial sense. Like tangible.

• Options
    Thanks Didge! Thinking like it's occupying 3 dimensional space really helps me work stuff out.

q6vc7ecnwtdv.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    My hard drive was dying and krita and my wacom wouldn't work so had to finally install a new one. So back at it!

I totally forgot to flip while drawing the alternate angles, need to write it more on the page! Also need to do some angles looking up I keep just doing ones looking down on them.

8sq1so65pf91.jpg

• Options
    Last one! I was getting so messed up with the legs in the alt view at bottom right I messed up the front foot being flat, oh well. Think I've definitely gotten better looking at all the progress in the pics!

xpemyjqdxdvk.jpg

• Options
    Still at it, though I got thrown off track for a while after a whole job *situation*

z7owby88nf0e.png

• Options
    Aaand, more figure drawing! Trying out Love Life Drawing's 'Fresh Eyes Challenge.' I've found it helpful so far!

https://community2.lovelifedrawing.com/c/fresh-eyes/

50yksr9jorfr.png

• Options
    Still at it! Found a local figure practice group, which has been super helpful. Today’s model wore a cowboy hat and nothing else

3qdxdi6btwya.jpg