As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yay, by the time I probably come back to this (Yay Lost Ark!) I imagine those dead reckoning jewels will be affordable.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: Β»
    Yay, by the time I probably come back to this (Yay Lost Ark!) I imagine those dead reckoning jewels will be affordable.

Like for use while leveling? 14c shouldn’t take long at all if at maps.

I was lucky and found one on Sunday that I sold for 100c. Finally spent it last night to convert to low life cold dot. :mrgreen:

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm in maps, but I don't feel the 14c is worth the price. I'll wait until it's like 5c. I'll continue to scrap by with absolution for the time being.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I really should learn to read. I about shit my pants when Phoenix showed up the first time I fought the minotaur. I died to the big fire explosion because I was sort of in shock but killed them both afterwords.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Bile Boy and PokΓ©mon Blue and Red down. Died once to both, right after leveling.

I need life and defense more than damage and I might have to rejostle the old passive tree.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to play due to wrist problems but I've been watching some of the new patch and it looks excellent

The death sound bug is hilarious and I hope it sticks around for a while

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Disclaimer: i did not invent/discover this, this was already known especially in the korean poe scene. i also do not know everything about these builds, i just did some brief research before respeccing into it.

The most recent jousis video came out showing off ward cwdt autobomber as a meme build but actually they're way, way more powerful than he demonstrated.

Ward CWDT builds were already really strong last league, then they got buffed this league. They're semi-meta so the pieces are kind of expensive, especially if you're going into mid budget variants (to say nothing of min/max) but if you are interested at all in autobomber builds, this is the league to play them before they're almost certainly nerfed. Really good as a second character, I just respecced into it. The mid budget variant I am doing costed me around 15ex but I crafted/rolled/linked everything except for the cluster jewels and the anti-corrupted blood jewel. It would cost ~10ex more than that if you just bought the gear straight out.

I highly, highly recommend it as a second build. It's the best build I've played since ritual, especially for the investment.

here are some of the links I looked at. do your own research, i am not comfortable with recommending any of them over the others, i don't have the knowledge of these specific variants and why they run the skills they do, and also the general strongest/most cost-effective version of this build could very likely not be any of these:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/qysilc/ward_cwdt_bullet_hell_occultist_mini_guide/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzr0tITsNk (i copied the cheaper version of this, the first PoB in the description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2eL_XqT0sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exn6-TUTb8E (the most budget version i've seen, but further investment as a scion will be very different to witch because of stuff like multiple perma-flasks with the right affixes on gear instead of doing ailment effect as elementalist/or scaling chaos or cold damage as occultist. you'd have to check poe.ninja builds to see what the best ways of scaling scion ward cwdt)

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    My wife and I appear to be hopping back into this with the expansion. I opened the stash and found pages of skill gems, uniques, maps, orbs...

Just gonna make a new character and reacquaint myself to all of this.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    My wife and I appear to be hopping back into this with the expansion. I opened the stash and found pages of skill gems, uniques, maps, orbs...

Just gonna make a new character and reacquaint myself to all of this.

yeah roll the league go in fresh ignore standard

it is the way of the samurai

obF2Wuw.png
    Eh, I'm one of those weirdos that actually likes standard league. I'm a loot dragon, you see.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Mark_GGG: It does work. The burning ground from searing exarch altars is identical to other sources of burning ground.

After discussion with some designers, I think I've worked out why so many people think it's bypassing immunity, and it's because there's a different effect not caused by the altar mod - entirely separate to the altar, apparently some exarch monsters use the oil ground effect introduced in heist, where they spread an oil ground effect, that can later be set on fire to add burning damage to the existing oil ground effect. That's not burning ground because it's spawned as a separate ground effect with a different effect that doesn't burn, and later has a second stat added. We're looking into whether this can be changed so the burning part is done using the regular burning ground debuff so that part of the effect would be treated as burning ground.

It's not burning ground.

It's burning oil on the ground.

:rotate:

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: Β»
    Disclaimer: i did not invent/discover this, this was already known especially in the korean poe scene. i also do not know everything about these builds, i just did some brief research before respeccing into it.

The most recent jousis video came out showing off ward cwdt autobomber as a meme build but actually they're way, way more powerful than he demonstrated.

Ward CWDT builds were already really strong last league, then they got buffed this league. They're semi-meta so the pieces are kind of expensive, especially if you're going into mid budget variants (to say nothing of min/max) but if you are interested at all in autobomber builds, this is the league to play them before they're almost certainly nerfed. Really good as a second character, I just respecced into it. The mid budget variant I am doing costed me around 15ex but I crafted/rolled/linked everything except for the cluster jewels and the anti-corrupted blood jewel. It would cost ~10ex more than that if you just bought the gear straight out.

I highly, highly recommend it as a second build. It's the best build I've played since ritual, especially for the investment.

here are some of the links I looked at. do your own research, i am not comfortable with recommending any of them over the others, i don't have the knowledge of these specific variants and why they run the skills they do, and also the general strongest/most cost-effective version of this build could very likely not be any of these:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/qysilc/ward_cwdt_bullet_hell_occultist_mini_guide/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzr0tITsNk (i copied the cheaper version of this, the first PoB in the description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exn6-TUTb8E (the most budget version i've seen, but further investment as a scion will be very different to witch because of stuff like multiple perma-flasks with the right affixes on gear instead of doing ailment effect as elementalist/or scaling chaos or cold damage as occultist. you'd have to check poe.ninja builds to see what the best ways of scaling scion ward cwdt)

I donΒ΄t even know what not semi-meta currently is.

I only know that prices this league for items I want are insane, I am not making bank (to be fair I am probably the worst at getting currency in poe) and the new boss fights are exactly the kind I hate.

Which mean, usually, just re-roll :hushed: and keep going

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: Β»
    Mark_GGG: It does work. The burning ground from searing exarch altars is identical to other sources of burning ground.

After discussion with some designers, I think I've worked out why so many people think it's bypassing immunity, and it's because there's a different effect not caused by the altar mod - entirely separate to the altar, apparently some exarch monsters use the oil ground effect introduced in heist, where they spread an oil ground effect, that can later be set on fire to add burning damage to the existing oil ground effect. That's not burning ground because it's spawned as a separate ground effect with a different effect that doesn't burn, and later has a second stat added. We're looking into whether this can be changed so the burning part is done using the regular burning ground debuff so that part of the effect would be treated as burning ground.

It's not burning ground.

I mean, isn't this where half of the issues POE experiences seem to come from these weird cases where the code is written in weirdly specific ways that end up with results they didn't anticipate.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022

I only know that prices this league for items I want are insane, I am not making bank (to be fair I am probably the worst at getting currency in poe) and the new boss fights are exactly the kind I hate.

In terms of making money, it really does just come down to grinding as many maps as quickly as possible and as efficiently as possible. Do whatever you enjoy and spec into it with the new atlas tree, roll multiple maps at once so you don't have to mess around in stash, use the neversink very-strict filter, fill your inventory, then send everything to stash and start a new map. Generally, people make way more money than they think because a lot of it is just in small bits and pieces. Use https://github.com/viktorgullmark/exilence-next if you want to know what the approx value of your stash is, and it can also keep track of your approx chaos per hour/ex per hour. ~1.5 ex/hour is about right if you just play normally without specific strats and juicing maps.

If you want to know what's meta, you can check https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds. This league basically the most meta builds are necromancer skele mages, elementalist explosive arrow ballistas as the most played, then pf/occ poison concoction, phys trapper sabo, occultist cold dot, raider/berserker lightning strike, etc.

Generally you want your build to be more meta if you want cheaper rares, but anything that is limited in supply will skyrocket in price, so stuff like cluster jewels, specific rare uniques (lots of uniques are worth ~1c until a build that relies on them gets meta, then they can shoot to multiple ex just because they're rare drops that normally people don't care about, but demand can easily outstrip supply).

In this specific build's case, you can see that only 0.4% of characters 95+ are using olroth's resolve, a key unique in this build, so it's nowhere near top played skills like summon skeletons (15%). So it's not meta, at all, but because enough people know about it that specific items required for the build are expensive because the supply is so limited and there's enough demand. So that's what I mean by semi-meta, which is actually kind of an awkward state to be in because it's not rare/unknown enough that you can snag cheap items because no one wants them, but also not popular enough that the market is saturated with 2nd hand crafted items from the top players. Having said that, this build also requires specific rares that are very hard to craft, so if it was any more popular, it would be obscenely expensive for key, required items for mid-budget versions like the one I'm playing.

If anyone is interested in what the build looks like, here's a video of me doing a mid-investment 8-mod t16 map:
    https://youtu.be/xAUe_pqR3Us

My pob: https://pobb.in/fR9N19qqrUOo
    don't copy blindly, if anyone is interested in the build, they should check out the links in my previous post. There are a bunch of fiddly parts with it and you should be familiar with PoB and be willing to do some research and math to get stuff to work.

Again, this is an insanely strong build for it's price. I strongly recommend it. It has an incredibly smooth playstyle. I'm 95 just mapping normally with 30% on my bar already, I'm close to invincible in maps. It's not the MOST clearspeed build because it's limited by its relatively low (~100) inc movespeed compared to the absolute top end, but it's an autobomber so you never stop moving. I just hit the inflection point where there are severe diminishing returns, but considering I've spent only ~50ex on this build, it is ABSURDLY strong, especially as a mapper, but even as a bosser. Because you never ever have to stop moving, last couple of runs of Infinite Hunger/Eater of Worlds, I basically never got hit by any attacks, period, and the ward can tank the damage of anything that's not a slam anyway so I functionally take 0 damage while recouping 2k+ hp per second which trivialises certain boss mechanics*. Plus I have 15+mill damage, with no pob tricks. I get full alt ailments on any boss.

Having said that, this is obviously not a low budget variant, especially since I crafted a lot of the gear. Lower end won't feel as good for bossing because of lack of dps, but still REALLY good for mapping because the core of the build (ward disregards all small hits, 2k+ hp recoup per second, autobombing multiple cwdt links for good screen coverage and damage) would work even in a lower budget. I haven't personally played them but again, anyone interested should check out the links I linked in my previous post. I really can't recommend this archetype enough. Especially considering how likely it is to get nerfed next patch, so play it while you can.

PS: yes the godawful screen effects are bad (but hilarious, which is why I'm using the most eyecancer mtx) and will melt cpu and gpu

*boss spoilers
    you can literally sit in the sludge during Infinite Hunger sludge phase and just walk, you outheal the dot from the sludge. during Eater of Worlds black orb phase, you can pretty just disregard his aoe beam and just sit on the black orbs because ward can tank the entire hit.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: Β»

It's not burning ground.

I was just coming here to post a warning about this. If you pick that exarch altar to give exarch mobs drop burning ground the damage is insane. Like, worse then shaper beam or sirus storm. And if they die at melee range you are already standing in it when they die. I would say you have much less than a second to get out or die.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

In terms of making money, it really does just come down to grinding as many maps as quickly as possible and as efficiently as possible. Do whatever you enjoy and spec into it with the new atlas tree, roll multiple maps at once so you don't have to mess around in stash, use the neversink very-strict filter, fill your inventory, then send everything to stash and start a new map. Generally, people make way more money than they think because a lot of it is just in small bits and pieces. Use https://github.com/viktorgullmark/exilence-next if you want to know what the approx value of your stash is, and it can also keep track of your approx chaos per hour/ex per hour. ~1.5 ex/hour is about right if you just play normally without specific strats and juicing maps.

If you want to know what's meta, you can check https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds. This league basically the most meta builds are necromancer skele mages, elementalist explosive arrow ballistas as the most played, then pf/occ poison concoction, phys trapper sabo, occultist cold dot, raider/berserker lightning strike, etc.

Generally you want your build to be more meta if you want cheaper rares, but anything that is limited in supply will skyrocket in price, so stuff like cluster jewels, specific rare uniques (lots of uniques are worth ~1c until a build that relies on them gets meta, then they can shoot to multiple ex just because they're rare drops that normally people don't care about, but demand can easily outstrip supply).

ok that was actually super helpful and I appreciate it. Thanks.

edited February 2022
    Haha, Heat Flamesman killed me twice because of those dumb meteors, but I managed to take down Metroid on the first try deathless. And he dropped an Endless Munitions Forbidden Flesh, which is cool.

Absalon on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    League is wonderful. This might be the first league in which I complete every map on the atlas.

Transitioned to lowlife (rip currency) and gained a large chunk more damage. Do need to work on a 200+ es gloves as that should get me back up to 3k es after energy blade.

Ended up killing Shaper for the first time ever yesterday. 2 deaths, one because I walked back into the beam, and then one later in the fight in which his balls went, "lol time to crit". Otherwise it was not a bad fight at all. Eater of Worlds also died and was really easy.

I think my next goal is to get back to the league bosses (28 maps each is a bit much) and maybe Elder.

Characters
    Fixed a bug where attempting to use a Flask with no charges, or when on full Life or Mana, would still play audio as if the Flask was used.

I was going insane this league from this happening.

Characters
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Jesus christ, PoE has a battle pass now. Like, possibly the worst implemented battle pass I've ever seen. I hope this dies the gruesome death it deserves.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: Β»
    Jesus christ, PoE has a battle pass now. Like, possibly the worst implemented battle pass I've ever seen. I hope this dies the gruesome death it deserves.

?????
    It's literally just some extra unique item skins. The price is way way too high, but other than that I don't see anything wrong with it.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Leaving aside the fact that it's 30 dollars for a bunch of extremely low effort shit, it's a pathetic fraction of the amount of crap a battle pass usually offers, and it doesn't even have a free track to needle you with. It's super sad and desperate. They're begging people to pay them for crappy FOMO they threw together in like half a day.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    i have definitely gotten 30 dollars of enjoyment out of 3.17

J3qcnBP.png
    edited February 2022
    But... It's just skins? Like, super specific skins at that. Weird to get that hot when you can just, not buy it.

Edit: and they're clearly not "begging people to pay them", considering how unattractive the overall bundle of skins is. If it was like 5 skill and character effects I might understand, since those have way more universal appeal and use.

Unclench a bit. This is a free video game that just launched a free expansion.

Anon the Felon on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    A free video game that just ate my sextants with no warning.

38thDoE on steam

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    A free video game that just ate my sextants with no warning.

Back in my day they made us pay for the game breaking bugs.

Having the recipe list ingame is worth it.

Also don't let the maven see the plaza boss.

Oof.

38thDoE on steam

But... It's just skins? Like, super specific skins at that. Weird to get that hot when you can just, not buy it.

Edit: and they're clearly not "begging people to pay them", considering how unattractive the overall bundle of skins is. If it was like 5 skill and character effects I might understand, since those have way more universal appeal and use.

This is almost no different from existing cosmetic packs they release every league.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Brody wrote: Β»

This is almost no different from existing cosmetic packs they release every league.

It is a little more obtrusive since it puts an icon on the atlas that I keep clicking for some reason.

38thDoE on steam

It is a little more obtrusive since it puts an icon on the atlas that I keep clicking for some reason.

It also requires you to actually do something in the game, rather than a 30/60/90 dollar transaction that hands you a handful of stuff. It's entirely possible to pay for the pass and not get everything in it.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

It also requires you to actually do something in the game, rather than a 30/60/90 dollar transaction that hands you a handful of stuff. It's entirely possible to pay for the pass and not get everything in it.

It's also possible to pay for the MTX and never get to use them, since they only affect specific endgame uniques like Headhunter, Bottled Faith, or Aegis Aurora. If your build doesn't use those uniques or you don't have them yet, you could unlock the MTX but never be able to use it.

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

That would be a bit more of an issue, but you can get the preconditions (atlas completion) squared away before buying the pack, which does reduce the FOMO aspect: there's no sunk cost to deal with. Also, the highest tier is literally a skin for Headhunter. I've been sort of half-assing this league, (haven't even run a single T16 yet) and I'm still at 93 atlas bonus points; only 7 points away from the 2nd highest tier, so everything other than the highest tier is easily reachable. The sort of people who could use a headhunter skin are the sort of people who can manage atlas completion.

In the end, I have less a problem with this particular battle pass, and more a worry that it's a sign of an increasingly monetized future for the game. (Also, a continuance of the way GGG is perfectly willing to let its whales spend $100+ on the game each release, which I'm not enthusiastic about.)

• Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Does anyone have the 'Great Migratation' atlas passive whom can confirm its working? I've done like 20 Einhar missions and it hasn't procced yet, which still could just be unluckiness but I'd like to know for sure.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Elemental weakness go brrr

https://youtu.be/wHQ_qgamgyA

Have not been able to play much but I finally sold my Forbidden Flesh and now have 9 ex to play with. Problem is I have no clue which parts of my gear have the most upgrade potential, or whether I should just get a bunch of gear that will let me go for Crystal Omniscience.

edited February 2022

My pob: https://pobb.in/fR9N19qqrUOo
    don't copy blindly, if anyone is interested in the build, they should check out the links in my previous post. There are a bunch of fiddly parts with it and you should be familiar with PoB and be willing to do some research and math to get stuff to work.

ok you were not kidding about not copying your build blindly. In my defense I learned a lot along the way and have now a bit better understood some mechanics I had not before. wasted some currency of course but it might have been a good investment down the line as far as learning the mechanics goes.

still a work in progress. I might still be figuring stuff out but minion duration is my next investment. missing 4% there.

Not quite sure of the mechanics once you get it to 100% and how beneficial an anomalous summon skeletons is at that point but that is a question for further down the line. going to have to redo some basic set pieces first and gain some more coin.

I have enjoyed figuring out the build though, fun. as I said, still a work in progress...

scherbchen on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Friends, I Warlord slammed the Culling Strike

ib0eg6phfght.png

So you can't use the harvest craft to exchange fragments in your hideout. Any idea why??
    Seems really odd to me.

38thDoE on steam

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    So you can't use the harvest craft to exchange fragments in your hideout. Any idea why??
    Seems really odd to me.

Anything which makes an item drop on the ground won't work in a hideout

(I don't remember if that specific Harvest thing does that)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    That makes sense I guess, but can't they just drop it in your inventory or leave it in the crafting box like they do for the crafting bench?

38thDoE on steam