As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Character event banners share pity. If you pulled a 5* on one, that resets pity on the other.

Ooooo. That makes perfect sense. Thank you!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I have C6 Fischl already. Wouldn't mind getting the last constelation for Diona, but I'm all in for Yae. I have enough for at least C1 but I'm hoping I get lucky. And any Thoma I get along the way will be a nice bonus because I want him.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Thoma/Diona/Fischl confirmed as the 4*s on Yae Miko's banner, in case people didn't see that already. I'm sure there's a lot of people who have been waiting a long time to have a decent chance at rolling Fischl, again. It seems like interest in Thoma fell off pretty hard after people realized how difficult it is to play him with Hu Tao, but still, hard to say a banner with Diona and Fischl is that bad.

Still, I personally don't need any constellations for either of them. I'm close to a 50/50, so I'm going to pick that up and then hard stop no matter what. Need to make sure I hold on to a decent hoard for whenever Kazuha shows up again.

I can take the constellations for Fischl and Thoma definitely. I don't know that I'll ever actually use Thoma but that'll make it a lot easier if I decide to do that in the future. I didn't need any more incentive to pull on the Yae banner since I was going to anyway but that helps, definitely. Whatever I have left, I'll probably dump into the Raiden banner to build some pity back up.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I will never, ever understand "building pity" on a banner where you're not actually chasing the featured 5*. Everyone always regrets doing this when out pops the featured character and you're back to 50/50 coin flip for the guy you actually want.

Like... Build pity on the character's banner. You might get lucky and not have to go all the way to pity!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yeah, I kind of goofed by going hard for Ganyu, without the guarantee, and wound up with Qiqi.

So I wound up with no Ganyu, low resources and no pity. But if I get lucky, guaranteed Yae.

More likely a future banner, tho.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I tend to build pity on banners with 4* characters that I want that happen to have a 5* character I wouldn't mind getting, but wouldn't want to explicitly chase. That way losing the coinflip doesn't hurt and I know I'll be able to chase the next banner I really want.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    akjak wrote: »
    I will never, ever understand "building pity" on a banner where you're not actually chasing the featured 5*. Everyone always regrets doing this when out pops the featured character and you're back to 50/50 coin flip for the guy you actually want.

Like... Build pity on the character's banner. You might get lucky and not have to go all the way to pity!

Oh, I mean, I actually want Raiden. But I feel like I'm going to not have a whole lot of wishes when her banner comes out, so I'm not getting my hopes up on getting her. If I don't want a character, I just won't wish on their banner at all.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

Sometimes you just need that fix of pulling the lever to even you out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Artereis wrote: »
    I tend to build pity on banners with 4* characters that I want that happen to have a 5* character I wouldn't mind getting, but wouldn't want to explicitly chase. That way losing the coinflip doesn't hurt and I know I'll be able to chase the next banner I really want.

This is how I ended up with c1 Eula. Ten pull with almost no pity... Eula c0. Pull two more times "well now I can build it back up ri-" c1 Eula. I stopped.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    how do u get pity on amber

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Everyone always pities Amber.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    how do u get pity on amber

You just gotta want it enough

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    My streak on 50/50s continues.

Yae c1 in 70 pulls. Went a bit further (I think 110 total?)
    4x Fischl (was already c6)
    6x Thoma (to c5 since he was new)
    3x Diona (to c3)
    1x Xiangling (to c4)
    1x Stringless (to r2)
    1x Dragon Bane (to r2)
    2x Widsith (to r2)

Also got Lisa off the boring fates for c3 on her.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Being that I had a C6 Fischl already, I of course got like 8 more of her.

But also a C1 Yae Miko. And C2 Thoma. And the last constellation for Diona. And R4+5 Widsith.

Pretty happy with that.

Edit: oh, and a C1 for Gorou.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Updated and booted it up

Hoyoverse

Please tell me they are mocking Zuckerberg and not actually doing some dumb web3 thing

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    They're moving a bunch of their corporate/IP stuff out of China to Singapore, I think, since MiHoYo is a Chinese company and Genshin is a global product and they don't want to be completely beholden to the Chinese government. The company signature on their Windows app is Cognosphere now, which is a Singapore-based company. I assume Hoyoverse is a continuation of this. They're already a gacha, I can't imagine they'd also get into the Metaverse/NFT scam space, but who knows these days.

Edit so I don't double-post: I had about 15 pulls saved up, got C0 Thoma and C1 Diona so far. I continue to be baffled by the team/enemy comps in character demos, Yae Miko, off field DPS with small AoE, let's pair her with, uh Barbara, Lisa, and of course Kaeya. Can't have a character demo without Kaeya. She seems like she'd want an Anemo character for grouping at least, but when was the last time an Anemo character was in a character demo for someone else?

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    So, the new character quests are both pretty good.

• Options
    I just finished the Raiden one and it was excellent.

And yeah, I also went and looked up the press release on hoyoverse and they only talk about a shared universe across media, like games anime and movies. No mention of nfts that i can see, so good news there. If it’s just creating a bunch of interlinked stories like the MCU then that sounds fine.

Now I want Itto/Zhongli in the Avengers!

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Qiqi c4 and a ton of Thomas when all I wanted was Yae and some Fischls. I was already pretty bored but this was one shitty 80-wish run too many. I think I'm just going to quit and go play other stuff. Grinding primos for a month or two and then to have nothing to show for it is just too demoralizing.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Here's your 60 primo redeem code for patch 2.5: ZSPDKSC3V8V5
    Redemption website is: https://genshin.hoyoverse.com/en/gift

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i got sucrose c2 yay

and a thoma

no amber's...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Nintendolife with the best take on the Hoyoverse announcement
    Genshin Impact Creator Announces "Immersive Virtual World Experience" HoYoverse

Still no news on the Switch version, though

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/genshin-impact-creator-announces-immersive-virtual-world-experience-hoyoverse

• Options
    i got sucrose c2 yay

and a thoma

no amber's...

Is she on this banner or did you just get lucky? If she’s on this banner that might get me off the self imposed break to try for her when I’m ready to come back.

• Options
    i spend all my primos pulling the standard banner because ethics

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Fair enough. Thank you for your service of saving me from myself.

May Amber smile upon you.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    I think I'll roll for Yae Miko with my guarantee, but I'm not going past C0. She doesn't really fit into the two teams I'm making now, though I may build up a Raiden/Yae/Kujou Sara/Fischl team later.

What I really need is someone who can apply hydro that isn't Xingqiu. I'm using him on a Hu Tao team so I need a different person for my Ayaka freeze team. I don't have Mona and getting her from the regular banners seems like a long shot. I think the best solution would be Kokomi. Having her as a hydro + heals would free up the need for Diona and open an extra slot for DPS. I passed on Kokomi the first time, but she's looking more appealing now.

• Options
    Barbara is right there...

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Holding out for Raiden, I nabbed Zhong and then rolled Ganyu 2x back to back in the most insane gatcha I've ever had... so I should fail miserably for Raiden but will have a few tries.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Barbara is right there...

Barbara is better than nothing for a freeze team, but in my experience, her CD time is too long to be really effective.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I think I'll roll for Yae Miko with my guarantee, but I'm not going past C0. She doesn't really fit into the two teams I'm making now, though I may build up a Raiden/Yae/Kujou Sara/Fischl team later.

What I really need is someone who can apply hydro that isn't Xingqiu. I'm using him on a Hu Tao team so I need a different person for my Ayaka freeze team. I don't have Mona and getting her from the regular banners seems like a long shot. I think the best solution would be Kokomi. Having her as a hydro + heals would free up the need for Diona and open an extra slot for DPS. I passed on Kokomi the first time, but she's looking more appealing now.

Kokomi is just really convenient for teambuilding. She's pretty demanding to gear if you want damage out of her also, but just for a jelly-bot? Not so much.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Super-early impressions I've seen of Yae are that she does good damage, and surprisingly doesn't have as much energy issues as people first expected. But she requires a good amount of on-field time (especially compared to Fischl), and her abilities do not snapshot buffs. Hard to tell right now how things will shake out, but she's definitely at least viable at C0 for clearing Abyss and whatnot. Mostly seeing people use her with either Raiden, Kokomi, or Eula right now.

Sadly I missed my 50/50, but what are you gonna do. I've got enough saved up that I could still get her if I really wanted, but I think I'm going to keep saving for Kazuha. Or maybe Ayato.

• Options
    I really want Ei's weapon, but I don't think I have enough primos banked. Might have to go for a constellation instead.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I had the fortune to only pull 2 Dianos in 78 rolls for Yae, and for that I consider myself fortunate. Perhaps... the curse is finally broken?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    I really want Ei's weapon, but I don't think I have enough primos banked. Might have to go for a constellation instead.

I pulled for a weapon once... and it went as badly as it possibly could. Never again for me. The weapon banner is a scam.

• Options

I pulled for a weapon once... and it went as badly as it possibly could. Never again for me. The weapon banner is a scam.

Only pull the weapon banner when both weapons are of interest. *Glares angrily at the stupid donut*

• Options
    edited February 2022
    I've gone for a few weapons now, but yeah, not sure I want to risk getting Kokomi's focus. Ei's C2 looks great so I'll probably go that route on this rerun.

Artereis on
  • Options
    I'll probably keep trying for Yae Miko's C2, but I doubt that's coming. Interested to check out Ayato when the beta starts though.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Once you've finished Shogun's Act II, it changes dialogue for a lot of Inazuma NPCs. It's refreshing to see a company actually go to the length of making their world really feel lived-in like that.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Who are we expecting reruns on coming up beyond Raiden/Kokomi?

• Options
    Don't think we know yet, but I'd be shocked if Kazuha wasn't in 2.6.