As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Who are we expecting reruns on coming up beyond Raiden/Kokomi?

Ayaka and Kazuha are the best bets at the moment. But it's mostly guesswork.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Who are we expecting reruns on coming up beyond Raiden/Kokomi?

Ayaka and Kazuha are the best bets at the moment. But it's mostly guesswork.

It's a pretty fair guess. Kazuha, Ayaka, and Yoimiya haven't gotten reruns yet. Raiden and Kokomi both released after those three. At this point I mostly just want a Kazuha rerun to happen so that I can stop hoarding so much, though. It's fun when you can just kinda roll on a whim.

AshtonDragon on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hopefully they don't run Ayaka and Ayato simultaneously. I'd prefer to get both now that Shenhe's involved.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Personally, after Yae Miko and doing Raiden/Kokomi reruns after Ganyu/Xiao reruns, I kinda wish they would do some dead banners for a bit instead. Or change how wishes/pity works. Or give us more Primogems.

I want Yoimiya, Raiden and Kazuha and I have no chance of it. I haven't seen how big of a hole Yae's going to put me in but even if I get her in good time, Raiden could dunk all my primos and then there's no chance for anyone else for months.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Well ok game.

Came back after break to grab yae and do her weapon quest, level her up etc.

Had enough primos to guarantee her.

12 pulls got 1 jean (1st const), 1 thomas, 1 fischl and then yae.

I uh guess we have some pulls to spare for ayakas bro then....

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i have a frond who only wants klee when is klee

obF2Wuw.png
    Rumor is we might get the Golden Apple Archipelago back between Chasm and Sumeru. Don't know how they'll run that since they don't like doing the same event twice but if they do, we'll definitely get a Klee rerun for that.

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    We need some events with generous reward primos because the upcoming banner lineup sounds brutal.

Fortunately, I'm at a decent place. I was crazy lucky and got Yae Miko on my first 10 pull. Now to play the hoarding game.

ThePantsAssociation on
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    We need some events with generous reward primos because the upcoming banner lineup sounds brutal.

Fortunately, I'm at a decent place. I was crazy lucky and got Yae Miko on my first 10 pull. Now to play the hoarding game.

It dawns on me that without the welkin moon, the primo acquisition rate is worse than abysmal. I’m sure that’s by design to get people to buy it. But oooof.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ayato's kit and everything are out. He looks a bit weird, but cool as fuck. And he's hot.

If hydro, why so thirsty?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    The setup to the new event was incredibly tedious, and drained me of any will to live.

Bury me with my primos.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »

It dawns on me that without the welkin moon, the primo acquisition rate is worse than abysmal. I’m sure that’s by design to get people to buy it. But oooof.

The Welkin has its hooks in me, for real, I'm picking up Horizon tomorrow and I'm already thinking "well I still gotta make sure I make time to log in and collect my Welkin primos otherwise I've wasted money and losing out on potential pulls"

All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Its rough, but not totally brutal. I went all-in on Raiden's first banner, threw some pulls at the Eula rerun, and still had the guarantee on Yae.

Which is still a lot of saving and skipping some reruns I would have very much liked to get, but.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Ayato's kit and everything are out. He looks a bit weird, but cool as fuck. And he's hot.

Big seitokaicho (class president) energy on him overall.

The rumor is he'll get big vaporize bonuses?

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Its rough, but not totally brutal. I went all-in on Raiden's first banner, threw some pulls at the Eula rerun, and still had the guarantee on Yae.

Which is still a lot of saving and skipping some reruns I would have very much liked to get, but.

At least the banner forecasting has improved in the double era. I rolled on Eula the first go because I knew enough about Ayaka and Yoimiya to decide I wanted sword bombs more.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    TheScruple wrote: »

The Welkin has its hooks in me, for real, I'm picking up Horizon tomorrow and I'm already thinking "well I still gotta make sure I make time to log in and collect my Welkin primos otherwise I've wasted money and losing out on potential pulls"

I would be in the same situation (and compacted because I’ll be out of town next week for work), but “luckily” my welkin ran out last week. So I’m taking a few weeks off to get the return bonus built up.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Big seitokaicho (class president) energy on him overall.

The rumor is he'll get big vaporize bonuses?

Would be cool to give Yoimiya a partner, even if the ICD doesn't line up perfectly.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    TheScruple wrote: »

I do the Welkin too. My justification is that it's cheaper than a WoW subscription and Genshin releases more content at a speedier pace (especially these days).

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, Golden Apple Archipelago rerun would actually get me to fire this back up again

I missed Dodoco Tales last time and I need it for Klee

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular

Hydro, because wet.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Man, Golden Apple Archipelago rerun would actually get me to fire this back up again

I missed Dodoco Tales last time and I need it for Klee

Yeah, I could do with that one, it's the only event weapon I missed. Though having just gotten Widsith I'm probably okay now. Was seeing some speculation on Mappa Mare for Yae too, since she procs reactions all the damn time, though it's got a worse substat.

If we get a rerun of the Archipelago, I wouldn't hold your breath for them doing Dodoco Tales again. I mean, they 100% should but they've never rerun a weapon you can only get from an event and while that's something that should fucking change, there isn't precedent for it until there is. If anything, there might just be a new weapon associated with it, like the second Albedo weapon/event.

And while we're on the topic of shit that should change, the continuation of "Fuck your shield" is getting ridiculous. The Bathysmal Vishaps can direct damage you and steal your energy through your shield and now so can the New weekly boss. If they want to rebalance things, fine. They should actually do that. Not just ignore it completely.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    One pull, C0 Thoma. Neat.

Yae Miko seems pretty fun, but not enough to tempt me.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So I've been playing this game for a bit now and I guess I need friends. I'm at the point where there's a task for the Serenitea Pot book that requires buying stuff from someone else's vendor.

steam_sig.png
    I'm Timater, UID 642113180, if you want to add me, just post what your nickname is so I know who to accept. I get a bunch of random requests from people I do boss fights with so I want to make sure I accept yours. Also I think most of the regular posters have their IDs in the first post in case you want to explore nicer looking teapots than mine.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh man I'm in no position to judge teapots. I hate building stuff in most games, especially in 3d type layouts. My teapot is like 99% entirely to grow plants and meet goals to generate primogems, so it's just got a bunch of random buildings and stuff crammed in to max out the energy.
    My ingame name is the same as it is here (and basically everywhere).

steam_sig.png
    The new event is pretty nice so far, just an excuse to open lots and lots of chests.

The new event is pretty nice so far, just an excuse to open lots and lots of chests.

Best kind of event besides the tower defense ones. Though I admit the origami dungeon was fun, too.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Ugh but it requires running around enkanomiya when it’s even darker than it was before. Maybe it’s just my old eyes but this is just unplayable for me. I sent customer support an angry email and I’m not Renewing battlepass or welkins for the first time since launch. At least you would think they would have a brightness option in the graphic settings but nope. Bleh, I needed an excuse to take a break anyways with Elden Ring next week, so I guess this is it.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    It doesnt seem any darker than evernight already was.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Evernight only ever seemed blue, not particularly dark, to me.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    As someone who hadn't bothered with this zone before, and burned through the prerequisite quest and started the new stuff in one day, I don't notice any difference.

EDIT: It's still a fair complaint though either way. Brightness settings should definitely be a thing, and I'd prefer them to add more bright and colorful zones than stuff like this or the god damn fog island.

AshtonDragon on
    I’ll admit that calling it darker now is probably hyperbole, but ever night was already too dark for me so another month of squinting is just off the table

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    All games need brightness settings, agreed. But I dunno, if you think Enkanomiya is dark, I don't know how you expect to play Elden Ring. You might need to check the settings on your TV/Monitor.

I play on my phone which I’m sure doesn’t help.

And Elden Ring im confident should have some gamma settings as well as being able to play on an 80” tv. I’ll complain bitterly there as well if my assumptions are wrong!

edited February 2022
    I just fought Azhdaha with a not-well-geared Yae Miko teammate and I was extremely jealous. She planted her 3 towers then basically fled to the edges of the battlefield and still did respectable damage.

TheScruple on
    eMoander wrote: »
    I play on my phone which I’m sure doesn’t help.

And Elden Ring im confident should have some gamma settings as well as being able to play on an 80” tv. I’ll complain bitterly there as well if my assumptions are wrong!

All, that'll do it. My bad, I just figured you played both on the same thing. I wasn't trying to be snarky, sorry if it came off that way!

Ahahaha. BP 10 from wrapping up the event, and the free pull got me my second 5* weapon. Wolf's Gravestone. Ahahaha. Now, who do I give this to...

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's hilarious to me, reading about the current event, how much they're scrambling to try and fix their Zhongli problem.

Mind you, they still would be facing this problem even if they hadn't buffed him at launch, just to a lesser extent because they decided to make Geo shields just a blanket 50% stronger

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    drop attack vulnerable bounties are the best

q6i5pjs56yfi.png

also a cool thing about amber is that her charge attack is basically the only bow charge move that puts a 2gauge pyro effect on an enemy, which means if u apply it first, u can literally just drop oz and he will proc 2 overloads every charge attack from her without ever applying electro himself

obF2Wuw.png