As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battletech] New KS - 23 Mar!

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Battletech night! Another night of giant metal messes.

I ran a Highlander-732b, a Crab-27sl, the standard Annihilator, and the standard Axman. My brother ran an Atlas-RS, a Zeus-something, a classic SRM/mlas Commando, and a classic AC20 Hunchback.

We played on the Crystal Canyon map from the Alien Worlds pack. A very twisted and cruel arrangement, forcing us to make smart placement decisions throughout. My brother took control of the plateau in the lower-left, making me come to him. My Annihilator, unfortunately, was too damn slow to be of much use for far too long, waddling around spraying at max range and hitting practically nothing. My Highlander immediately got it's gyro floating-crit, and the Crab took a low-chance AC20 to the left torso, leaving it far too vulnerable to an XL-engine kill. I had to nurse that thing throughout the whole fight, making sure that any time I poked out of the deep slot canyon, the right side was facing the enemy. The Axman cored the Commando straight-through with the AC20 but not before losing the hatchet-arm. RIP.

Before my brother could do any more damage, the Highlander scored an unbelievably perfectly timed ammo crit on the Zeus.

No, that variant does not carry CASE. Goodbye, Zeus.

My brother wanted to keep playing through, and before losing his final mech (Atlas, of course), he managed to kill the Axman and narrowly missed killing the Crab. It got sketchy when the Atlas did a huge amount of damage to the Highlander and he had to make two piloting rolls in the same turn with a busted gyro. Scary!

It took several turns to finally bring the big boi down, with everyone pasting it with everything they had, and guess who got the killing blow?

The Annie, finally waddling into a usable firing line, fired a max range cluster shot and put multiple crits into the torso with the LRM ammo. Thank you?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Did anybody else get a couple of emails insisting on an update to the Tukayyid pdf?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Did anybody else get a couple of emails insisting on an update to the Tukayyid pdf?

Yes.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    It sounds like they rolled in the current eratta for the book.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Wooo! Months late, but the timeline keeps moving forward! Can't wait to see how the Horses fuck up the ass-end of the Falcons.

ruu1c21.jpeg

(Spoilers: I still need to finish reading the ilClan book. Just got the important parts of Falcons v. Wolves to read through yet.)

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Keeping the comment train moving......

After several weeks of work, one wildly incorrect design, one corrupted save file (ugh), and one complete rebuild from scratch later, it's HYPER ASSAULT GAUSS time, baby!

uKgQfbll.jpg

I largely modeled the stock of the gun after the existing Gauss arm I have on my TC variant Stormcrow, so not a lot of crazy design there. The barrels are modeled as best I wanted to approximate the IWM weapon sprue HAG-20.

PRAfwt4l.jpg

So that's the G variant down, with a bonus custom pelvis part because my Salvage bags didn't cough up any usable extras. Onward to modeling a HAG-30 for the J variant!

Nips on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Me a few weeks ago:
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    However, I'm having a hell of a time finding Campaign Operations. It's like barely any of these were printed or something. I'm bidding on a softcover copy rn but I want the damn hardcover :(

Holy shit Noble Knight Games apparently found a hardcover copy and it's en route right now 👀👀

*ThanosInfiniteGauntletMeme.gif*

Noble Knight, eh? So did it cost three figures, or four?

(The joke that NK's markup is insane)

Yeah idk wtf they're thinking with most stuff but surprisingly Campaign Ops came in under a hundo so that's fine. I don't mind spending a extra for a book that didn't print much as long as it's not $$$$
    However, I'm having a hell of a time finding Campaign Operations. It's like barely any of these were printed or something. I'm bidding on a softcover copy rn but I want the damn hardcover :(

Holy shit Noble Knight Games apparently found a hardcover copy and it's en route right now 👀👀

*ThanosInfiniteGauntletMeme.gif*

dude... im still looking for skeleton atlas strategic ops at a not multiple hundreds of dollar prices.
    https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Strategic_Operations

saw it in the store years ago when i was in a BT lull so didnt pick it up. "i can grab it some other time". How naïve

Yeah you basically just need to set up camp on stuff like Ebay as a full time job to find shit like this. I was on vacation for a few months so I had time to burn.

CGL today: https://bg.battletech.com/news/core-rulebook-reprints-now-available/

*head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk**head desk*

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Yeaaaaah. I just saw the announcement on Facebook.

I mean, it's a good sign for the game? I do feel sorry for your wallet, though.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Are these the same as we could get through the kickstarter, just with new covers? Or does it have changes to reflect errata? Or is there new stuff as well?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Are these the same as we could get through the kickstarter, just with new covers? Or does it have changes to reflect errata? Or is there new stuff as well?

Strategic Ops and Campaign Ops weren't reprinted for the Kickstarter. The cover art for those that were in it is different from the "vintage" Kickstarter covers.

These new reprints have all the current errata, so would be slightly different than the errata included in the Kickstarter reprints.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Just wanted to check if these were minor revisions, or major updates.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Just wanted to check if these were minor revisions, or major updates.

No, there's no indication these are revised editions with major changes to content or layout. Just reprints of the current editions.

And you can always get the current errata for older print runs at https://bg.battletech.com/errata/

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yeaaaaah. I just saw the announcement on Facebook.

I mean, it's a good sign for the game? I do feel sorry for your wallet, though.

At least I have the version that fits in with the original spine art of the six rulebooks?

Or at least I should.

I haven't gotten to open the box cause I got held over at work so I get to live on a boat for a month and a half 🙃
    Two and a half weeks to gooo

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Other new product news: Apparently, Barnes & Noble has stealth-launched another CGL Battletech product:

Singleton blind-buy boxes, which could include anything from the Kickstarter set of figures. Just like the Clan Salvage boxes from the Kickstarter, but with all 93 possible figures from the entirety of Wave 1 and 2 included. Pics are floating around on the Facebook groups as people come across them.

$8 a box, and it looks like they're not available online (yet; they have a product page, but are listed Out of Stock).

Nips on
  • Options
    Rumor has it that blind boxes aren’t a B&N exclusive, they just happened to get them first

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    With blind boxes always go in to them with the mindset of a Third Succession War Great House; no matter what you get it is a win because a mech is a mech is a mech.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Rumor has it that blind boxes aren’t a B&N exclusive, they just happened to get them first

This is bad for me, personally, because my local B&N closed up shop last year. Which helps save me from myself.

If stuff like this comes to say, Target? And I start shopping in person again when the Plague subsides? Fuck.

• Options
    Other new product news: Apparently, Barnes & Noble has stealth-launched another CGL Battletech product:

Singleton blind-buy boxes, which could include anything from the Kickstarter set of figures. Just like the Clan Salvage boxes from the Kickstarter, but with all 93 possible figures from the entirety of Wave 1 and 2 included. Pics are floating around on the Facebook groups as people come across them.

$8 a box, and it looks like they're not available online (yet; they have a product page, but are listed Out of Stock).

Anyone else just have nightmare flashbacks to Dark Age boosters?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

This is bad for me, personally, because my local B&N closed up shop last year. Which helps save me from myself.

If stuff like this comes to say, Target? And I start shopping in person again when the Plague subsides? Fuck.

My Barnes and Noble is pretty much half way between me and the Lego store. Both are within walking distance.
    Somebody save my wallet!

• Options

Anyone else just have nightmare flashbacks to Dark Age boosters?

You mean pleasant dreams of a bygone age? Yes.

Honestly I get why people like, or do not like, blind boxes. It strikes very differently from person to person, and I don't begrudge anyone taking a hard pass on a product like this.

Me? I'd buy a crate (if I still had money), and just enjoy an afternoon with a buddy opening boxes and playing skirmish games with whatever falls out.

• Options
    Personally not a big blind box fan, which is part of the reason I never got into Dark Age (or V1 of Monsterpocalypse).

But at least there are options if you want a specific mech

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

My Barnes and Noble is pretty much half way between me and the Lego store. Both are within walking distance.
    Somebody save my wallet!

Is there a food place near as well? You could go out for food and then come home with some "Happy Meal" toys.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Somebody save my wallet!

Is there a food place near as well? You could go out for food and then come home with some "Happy Meal" toys.

There are so many food places. The Lego store is located in a mall with a food court. There are also adjacent restaurants.
    The fact that I'm not bankrupt and sitting on a pile of Legos and unread books (and now battletech minis) at any given moment is a testimony to my iron will power and self control.

• Options

Somebody save my wallet!

There are so many food places. The Lego store is located in a mall with a food court. There are also adjacent restaurants.
    The fact that I'm not bankrupt and sitting on a pile of Legos and unread books (and now battletech minis) at any given moment is a testimony to my iron will power and self control.

Happy Meal time!!!

I know how that feels though. You try to be good and not buy more even though there are plenty to keep you busy.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Somebody save my wallet!

Happy Meal time!!!

I know how that feels though. You try to be good and not buy more even though there are plenty to keep you busy.

But do I go to the Hooters, or the Texas de Brazil?

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I hope the salvage boxes don't show up at the FLGS's I play at because "what's the harm in once a week for $8" can turn into "I need to buy four boxes to feel better after my Timber Wolf got headshot".

Unrelated (mostly...), the FLGS I visited today actually had some BT minis in stock so I am now the proud owner of the Clan Support Star. It was $5 off the Catalyst price! What savings!

I also grabbed some black wash and some green stuff, so I can repair the 3d printed Highlander model with the gash in its foot from a bad cure. The black wash is for the Nightstar that I have painted and stripped twice now because I hated how it turned out. If I can get it done this weekend maybe I'll show and tell here.

• Options

Somebody save my wallet!

Happy Meal time!!!

Texas de Brazil sounds interesting. I'd go with that.

In fact, get a blind box, paint it up with their colors, and name it that.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I do love me some Texas de Brazil ...

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Did I love dark age? Yes. Do I also now reflect that it was not good that at the time I would skip meals to save that money to buy "one more pack?" Also yes.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options

Somebody save my wallet!

Happy Meal time!!!

I don't know that they have a color scheme beyond just piles of meat that they keep bringing.
    And I don't trust that I'm a good enough painter to do a mech up in a "pile of meat" paint scheme.

• Options

Somebody save my wallet!

Happy Meal time!!!

I don't know that they have a color scheme beyond just piles of meat that they keep bringing.
    And I don't trust that I'm a good enough painter to do a mech up in a "pile of meat" paint scheme.

Blood red with some off-white marbling seems pretty simple to me!

I mean, unless you like your meat Well Done, in which case a uniform red-brown. But who wants that?

• Options

Somebody save my wallet!

Happy Meal time!!!

Blood red with some off-white marbling seems pretty simple to me!

I mean, unless you like your meat Well Done, in which case a uniform red-brown. But who wants that?

Could just go with black. Aka, charcoal.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

I was about to come here to post that after I saw the email. Ordered 2 since the shipping is the same price and I just couldn't resist myself (especially since I love light mechs). I should have just ordered one since I doubt I'd field two.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    God damnit CGL!

My wallet can't keep taking this!

Nips on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This premium variant uses new modeling techniques being employed to update all BattleMech designs. It comes unassembled and unpainted - and includes optional parts (6 legs, 3 arms) allowing you to decide how to pose the miniature.

O fuk

Gonna get two and try to make the second an abomination

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Or just use the extra limbs as markers for where mechs got parts (that can be used as clubs) blown off.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Okay, so that's weird. The picture of the Grinner model doesn't match the art of the Wolfhound, which the Wolfhound IIc entry in the MUL shows (Grinner, essentially, being a WLF reworked with ClanTech).

More importantly, the new lineart for the Wolfhound is extremely good, and this new model is...less impressive.

Nips on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Okay, so that's weird. The picture of the Grinner model doesn't match the art of the Wolfhound, which the Wolfhound IIc entry in the MUL shows (Grinner, essentially, being a WLF reworked with ClanTech).

More importantly, the new lineart for the Wolfhound is extremely good, and this new model is...less impressive.

So, wait. Are you saying that I could have saved money by not buying this mech and used the Wolfhound I got from the Kickstarter instead? I honestly did not know the history of the Wolfhound IIc till I went looking at Sarna just now.

Edit: Damnit Nips, are you not enabling me now?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yeah, I dunno man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I may still get it because the weird sudden-onset completionist* in me, in regards to the new CGL models, is still tickling the back of my brain. And it is a unique sculpt.

I've bought so many models lately...and I've got my eye on a couple eBay auctions...and there's still a whole ocean of models I haven't gotten from IWM...but I just got my ToE spreadsheet in order...

*cries into wallet*

*Of which I am super, duper NOT one usually

[Stealth Edit] Also, there's a MYSTERY here! Did Creative Juggernaut do this Grinner sculpt? If so, why aren't they showing proofs like they did the first two models? And if not, THEN WHO DID THIS MODEL? Is the build quality the same? Better? Somehow tragically worse?

God damnit, I demand answers!

Nips on