As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Turns out ridiculously strong Dungeon Run treasure cards are pretty good in Standard! Who knew!?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    how far flamewaker has fallen

szxd2jzn2j3i.png
    Hot take but Flamewaker is better.

YL9WnCY.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    how far flamewaker has fallen

szxd2jzn2j3i.png
    Hot take but Flamewaker is better.

I actually thought that's what INAGTP was trying to say

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if i ever call an 8 mana card better than flamewaker throw me off a bridge

liEt3nH.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    That card is a giga highroll for ramp druid and might as well have the druid border instead of mage

On the plus side, Cenarion Ward rotates soon.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Standard right now just seems to be people ramping/cheating to get Kazakusan out as soon as possible. Its annoying

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Sounds like Face Hunter field day

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    sometimes the only good pick off of outcast studies is the girl that can shuffle something from their hand into their deck, but on the plus side it's always hilarious when you do it to their quest reward

liEt3nH.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Standard right now just seems to be people ramping/cheating to get Kazakusan out as soon as possible. Its annoying

I've had some back to back Warlocks bring back Ticketus and that new fatigue card of theirs doubled with Tasmin.

Man, Wild Druid is a real trip.

T1 Biology Project
    T2 Coin Guff
    T3 Bloom Celestial Alignment
    T4 Anything you want

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Yilias wrote: »
    Man, Wild Druid is a real trip.

T1 Biology Project
    T2 Coin Guff
    T3 Bloom Celestial Alignment
    T4 Anything you want

Just don't play kazakusan afterwards. You'll regret it.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Battlegrounds, I picked Finley and chose Tickatus. I got a Brann and later a golden Brann. So my second and third buddy both gave me golden Tickatus buddies (i.e. 6 darkmoon prizes each). The game was just ridiculous. I smashed everyone and still had a golden ticket collector buddy in hand at the end of the game. I just couldn't manage to do everything I wanted in the turns I had until everyone was dead.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Been playing standard for the first time in like a year.

slapped together this cheapskate spymaster deck. It's tearing up through bronze (edit: Silver by now) like nobodies business. I't really fun and nobody knows what the cards i get do it seems. They never play around the megasap for instance.

deck:
    ### bwanie's Toolkit
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 1x (1) Find the Imposter
    # 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
    # 1x (1) Secret Passage
    # 1x (1) SI:7 Extortion
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 2x (2) Ashtongue Slayer
    # 1x (2) Foxy Fraud
    # 2x (2) Gankster
    # 2x (2) SI:7 Skulker
    # 2x (2) Swindle
    # 1x (2) Transfer Student
    # 1x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
    # 1x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Greyheart Sage
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Operative
    # 2x (4) SI:7 Informant
    # 1x (6) Jandice Barov
    #
    AAECAaIHCKrLA8PMA4rQA9nRA9/dA6rrA6H0A6b5Awu5uAO6uAPPuQPn3QPz3QOf9AOi9AOm9QOvjgT1nwT2nwQA
    #

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Chenvalaas Buddy (was bugged, so it's new this week) is also op.
    kg7kbqrlt9k9.png

I still had a 27% chance to die in my final fight, because reborn maexxnas + selfless is the only viable endgame comp.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I bet Team 5 was like "oh neat, Kazakusan is a cool build-around that will challenge players to create Dragon-only decks!"

"what if we tossed it in every deck as the only Dragon and used it like Elysiana"

"surprisedpikachu.bmp"

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    bless their hearts

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Dibby wrote: »
    I bet Team 5 was like "oh neat, Kazakusan is a cool build-around that will challenge players to create Dragon-only decks!"

"what if we tossed it in every deck as the only Dragon and used it like Elysiana"

"surprisedpikachu.bmp"

How does that work? From the card text I would've thought the battlecry would only activate if the stated condition is met, making it just an 8 gem 8/8 dragon body in a normal deck.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    You use it when your deck is empty.

Like how the highlander cards activate when you're out of cards, you don't have to meet the condition, just not not meet the condition.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Oh, of course. I was thinking it'd run a check against what the deck was at the start, not what's remaining when you play it.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I can't get to Diamond 5 with Deathrattle Priest. Win 2, lose 2, win 2, lose 2.

The new cards should make Rogue a strong Deathrattle deck if I can figure out what the meta is supposed to be.

edited February 2022
    jeebus i'm 75% with this nonsense, bout to check into gold.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    fuck druids though.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Yilias wrote: »
    Like how the highlander cards activate when you're out of cards, you don't have to meet the condition, just not not meet the condition.
    It's also worth noting that spells, weapons, and hero cards are not minions, so you can have only those in your deck and also activate Kazakusan.

Holy fucking ass Reno's Buddy is some dumb shit

It's like "Hey what if we just gave you a free Hero Power every single fucking turn, yknow, the one that's supposed to be limited to once per game

DNiDlnb.png

It's like "Hey what if we just gave you a free Hero Power every single fucking turn, yknow, the one that's supposed to be limited to once per game
    Eh? It's only in combat, so it's not that big a deal. It's generally not a very good buddy, usually just giving you a little tempo in the midgame by buffing up a taunt a bit. Occasionally it can give you a decently strong utility minion for a few matches by golding up a Khadgar or a Crocolisk, but eh. Reno was maybe an average hero before buddies and I would say he got a subpar buddy so he's probably worse off than he was pre-buddies.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    The current battlegrounds meta is stupid. It’s entirely focused on snowballing. It’s either “get lucky with tier 1 minions, win fights, get buddy faster, then power spike early to victory” or “get unlucky with tier 1 minions, lose fights, get buddy slowly, then power spike too late and die.”

Get a bad hero? Barely worth playing. Miss on your triple? Game over.

It’s one of the dumber metas that has existed. Anytime the endgame is purely poison, it means they fucked up stat scaling (and this time, and fucking how).

i can't emphasize enough how much i've won based purely on staying in the first few tiers with a buddy and then just getting what's his face, the pirate that loves to see goldens

hearthstone battlegrounds really just don't patch frequently enough compared to other autobattlers

liEt3nH.png
    forty wrote: »

Eh? It's only in combat, so it's not that big a deal. It's generally not a very good buddy, usually just giving you a little tempo in the midgame by buffing up a taunt a bit. Occasionally it can give you a decently strong utility minion for a few matches by golding up a Khadgar or a Crocolisk, but eh. Reno was maybe an average hero before buddies and I would say he got a subpar buddy so he's probably worse off than he was pre-buddies.

It was Soul Juggler and it pissed in my oatmeal :T

DNiDlnb.png
    I so rarely see Jugglers these days, I'm proud of that Reno for actually getting some use out of one.

token builds havin' a hard time out there with stat inflation

liEt3nH.png
    It's kinda lame that a couple buddies don't have an improved effect from the golden version.

edited February 2022
    lol i love completing the third quest round, slapping down the 5 mana 7/7 and give it +2 attack and stealth immediately. If they have no AOE for 7 that's 9 damage staring them in the face. So out comes the taunt, but they just don't know i get a 1 mana sap as well.

giving a stealthed minion +9 with shadowstepped ashtongueslayers (+3 attack and stealth buffers) is also hilarious. and the 1 mana 3/2 weapon is insane as well.

god i love spy gizmo's

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    That new SI minion is fucking bonkers and makes quest rogue way better

edited February 2022
    yup slotted 2 in.

and the legendary that gets a minion back for 1 mana that turn.

blizz actually nailed that recipe. I think i made 2-3 adjustments

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Beasteh wrote: »
    That new SI minion is fucking bonkers and makes quest rogue way better

The card art is hilarious, too.

The Druids are out in force tonight.

I cannot fucking wait until Hysteria rotates. Fuck that card and its "randomness."

Oh look my opponent highrolled and ramped into kazakusan on turn 4

Now I'm getting hit in the face by locusts and embers of rag every turn

Fun and interactive