As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    k updated the list: This list makes mages and hunters concede on the spot. Druid's will wreck your shit tho.

### bwanie's Toolkit
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Gryphon
    #
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 1x (1) Find the Imposter
    # 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
    # 1x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 1x (2) Ashtongue Slayer
    # 2x (2) SI:7 Skulker
    # 2x (2) Swindle
    # 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
    # 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
    # 1x (3) Coerce
    # 2x (3) Greyheart Sage
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Operative
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Smuggler
    # 2x (4) SI:7 Informant
    # 1x (6) Jandice Barov
    # 2x (7) SI:7 Assassin
    #
    AAECAaIHBrq4A6rLA4rQA9nRA8PhA6b5Awy5uAPPuQPn3QPz3QOq6wOf9AOi9AOj9QOm9QP1nwT2nwT+rAQA
    #

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Apparently SI:7 Smuggler is getting bugfixed/nerfed to not count itself as one of the SI:7 cards played, so Rogue is a little stronger right now than it's meant to be.

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Meh i only get to play decent ones 1/3 of the games i play.

and technically it's working as intended. bleh.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    It's clearly not though, no other SI:7 card counts itself like imagine the one that gets stats for each previous SI:7 card played

• Options
    It was late and i was wrong.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I had a strange interaction this morning as Priest against another Priest. I used the dude that Mind Controls an enemy minion, they used Soul Mirror and both dude and minion survived. I killed the copy of dude the next turn but it didn't give me control of the copy of the Mind Controlled minion. :disappointed:

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I had a strange interaction this morning as Priest against another Priest. I used the dude that Mind Controls an enemy minion, they used Soul Mirror and both dude and minion survived. I killed the copy of dude the next turn but it didn't give me control of the copy of the Mind Controlled minion. :disappointed:
    I'm guessing the hidden buff/debuff on the MC'd minion that was copied tracked your opponent as the original owner of the minion. So the Soul Mirrored version also had that same buff/debuff and considered your opponent to be the original owner, so when Hexen died, returning to its original owner just sort of did nothing.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    My Onyxia is looking a little weird...
    XnFWHVx.jpg

• Options
    man playing ramp druid and seeing a face hunter slam down trogg t1 is pretty big sadge

• Options
    I made the dad legend climb for the month with Face Hunter. At first I ran into a lot of druids, and then suddenly none. I was stuck around D7 for a while, and then finally broke through with a lucky streak the rest of the way to dad legend. I don't think I faced a single Druid after first getting to D7.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    my brain: you should see how bad the afkay achievement is in the current meta

and gang you'll never believe the conclusion we reached

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

I managed the AFK achievement yesterday. Also my first ever first place with her.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited February 2022

i'm so glad i got almost all of those dumb fuckin' ones prior to this batshit meta

think the only ones left that i need are pretzel mustard, spicy pretzel mustard, and then like 1st place with Varden/Scabbs/Tamsin

joy

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Kazakus ramp is so fucking dumb, especially now that the deck is actually refined and people figured out that solar + cenarion ward is broken as hell

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I swapped in a Mutanus in death rattle Priest deck just to eat dragons.

• Options
    ok cool so after losing 3 times in a row to mozaki mage im done with standard for the time being

• Options
    This Chi-Ji event is so bad, Jesus. It's really hard to fathom not just how bad of a job they did with Mercenaries, not just how they have done nothing to fix it, but how they have actively made it worse over time.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    forty wrote: »
    This Chi-Ji event is so bad, Jesus. It's really hard to fathom not just how bad of a job they did with Mercenaries, not just how they have done nothing to fix it, but how they have actively made it worse over time.

I went as far as getting to part 8 and then not caring. The "best" way to complete the last few involves farming up a couple of the brand new mercs, and it's just not worth the time. My next "eventually" goal is getting Balinda and Lok farmed up to make task farming more mindless than the fire build.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    yeah quest rogue is pretty good (73% winrate what is happening)

dadleggo.png

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    oef crashing into plat and it's rough.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    lol this game just played a turn for me

it attacked with one minion and then ended my turn.

what in the everloving hell?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    think i need to craft the new Edwin.

Edit: it's probably placebo as i haven't actually played him since crafting but i won the next three games lol.
    Edit2:got to play him once and he won me the game. I think this is the list:

### bwanie's Toolkit
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 1x (1) Find the Imposter
    # 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
    # 1x (1) Secret Passage
    # 2x (1) Spymistress
    # 2x (2) SI:7 Skulker
    # 2x (2) Swindle
    # 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
    # 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
    # 2x (3) Greyheart Sage
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Operative
    # 2x (3) SI:7 Smuggler
    # 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
    # 2x (4) SI:7 Informant
    # 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
    # 1x (6) Jandice Barov
    # 2x (7) SI:7 Assassin
    #
    AAECAaIHBqrLA9nRA8PhA6b5A8f5A+2ABAy5uAPPuQPn3QPz3QOq6wOf9AOi9AOj9QOm9QP1nwT2nwT+rAQA

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I'm enjoying the Ping Mage. I've always liked the deck because it's different but it's fun to play. The only thing that is frustrating is when Druid goes off with 2 x Cenarian Ward and gains 16 armor but that's frustrating no matter what the deck.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Got 1st place cheevos for Tamsin and Varden in Battlegrounds.

Tamsin sucks but honestly I found that Lightfang is a good comp for her since you don't give a fuck about the measly 2/2 body. So that works.

Varden I had to highroll into good comp, their Hero Power and Buddy give you a nice advantage early game but starts to fall off once you're building an actual comp. They're.... not great, tbh. I've ditched the Buddy by late game because it just falls behind, doesn't scale with your comp (unless you highroll into Elementals w/Ragnaros or Quillboars w/Charlga)

Now all I have left is fuckin' Scabbs and that'll be 1st place cheevos for everyone.

Then I just need those goddamn Mustards.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I got a legendary card in my reward packs!

... but it was that Demon Hunter card that turns into a random 6/6 demon in your deck. Boooo.

• Options
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the Ping Mage. I've always liked the deck because it's different but it's fun to play. The only thing that is frustrating is when Druid goes off with 2 x Cenarian Ward and gains 16 armor but that's frustrating no matter what the deck.
    Doesn't seem to be too frustrating for Big Hoot Warlock.

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »

Tamsin sucks but honestly I found that Lightfang is a good comp for her since you don't give a fuck about the measly 2/2 body. So that works.

Varden I had to highroll into good comp, their Hero Power and Buddy give you a nice advantage early game but starts to fall off once you're building an actual comp. They're.... not great, tbh. I've ditched the Buddy by late game because it just falls behind, doesn't scale with your comp (unless you highroll into Elementals w/Ragnaros or Quillboars w/Charlga)

Now all I have left is fuckin' Scabbs and that'll be 1st place cheevos for everyone.

With as many BG games as you've played, I'm shocked you haven't stumbled into the regular Pretzel Mustard by now. Seems like it just sort of inevitably happens for anyone that BGs a lot.

• Options

With as many BG games as you've played, I'm shocked you haven't stumbled into the regular Pretzel Mustard by now. Seems like it just sort of inevitably happens for anyone that BGs a lot.

RNGesus has not been kind to me :T

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Could we maybe not have like every Shaman damage spell able to go face? That'd be cool.

• Options
    i know that we sort of do this dance every expansion but it's really funny how people were super down on the mini-set and called it low-power while it literally defines standard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Haleh tearing up the charts.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

RNGesus has not been kind to me :T

If it’s anything like my games you win all the early game, lose one round in the mid then win them all again.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    well, @Dibby see what I got today
    6xnk7x7pyva8.png

It was a bit of a weird game, because it was very fast. Since we had one player drop out early, people got wrecked. I personally killed at least 4 players. (this was at ~6900 rating, so everyone at least knew what they were doing)

My final board is below, but for most of the game it was just winning with the big butt elemental and reborning whatever had the most attack.

rutpcjmwmb9v.png

You definitely need a hero who wins early, but also a good amount of luck. I had an A.F.Kay in my game but I didn't face her turn 3 or 4, where she is most dangerous, for example.

• Options
    Game Director Ben Lee is moving on from Hearthstone to an unspecified blizzard product (likely the one that a lot of other big Team 5 names has gone on to), Nathan Lyons-Smith will be taking on the role

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    When's the end of the honor quests? I've only got like 1k to go.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I believe all they've said to this point that the event lasts through the Alterac Valley expansion, so you presumably have until the next expansion hits, which they haven't announced a release date for yet. Historically that's either been at the end of March or beginning of April, so to play it safe you could probably figure you have about 3 weeks left.

• Options
    @Smrtnik I've gotta ask you, as the preeminent Battlegrounds enjoyer of our dwindling forum Hearthstone population, what did you think of the first limited time FOMO event?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    @Smrtnik I've gotta ask you, as the preeminent Battlegrounds enjoyer of our dwindling forum Hearthstone population, what did you think of the first limited time FOMO event?

You mean Mercs right? I haven't touched BGs since the tutorial.
    Event was ok, something different. But i only got as far as doing the one prior to heroic Ivus because i hasn't unlocked him on heroic yet. It was more of the "puzzle" gameplay i initially enjoyed before i had a few OP teams that could brute force anything. But then i discovered my holy team could brute force most of these so...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

You mean Mercs right? I haven't touched BGs since the tutorial.
    Event was ok, something different. But i only got as far as doing the one prior to heroic Ivus because i hasn't unlocked him on heroic yet. It was more of the "puzzle" gameplay i initially enjoyed before i had a few OP teams that could brute force anything. But then i discovered my holy team could brute force most of these so...
    I did indeed mean Mercenaries. Must have had Battlegrounds on the brain when I was typing.

• Options
    Managed to go 5-0 in Standard knocking out the weekly ladder quest with good old Deathrattle DH. It's amazing what a workhorse that deck continues to be after all this time.