As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Throwback Wednesday

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2022 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Throwback Wednesday

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    how did he get the ball back?

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    He's bouncing it off the wall.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    I'll only get a 32X if it can live up to my expectations in the hummingbird-based shooter genre.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Honestly, if the strips are funny, I'd read "Penny-Arcade 1990s"

• Options
    PahnPahn Registered User new member
    I wish I had my old stack of GamePro and EGM from BITD. I remember buying a random PC gaming magazine (odd because I wasn't into PC games at all) and reading a review for Planescape: Torment, which would end up being one of my favorite games of all time.

I’m probably going to post exactly once and then never again.
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I haven't looked at them in ages, but I still have almost an entire run of Nintendo Power mags on my bookshelf.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'd pay for a retro EGM/Gamepro subscription where you pick a year and they send you a reproduction of an issue a month by mail.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I miss the days of their man-crush on John Romero.

• Options
    blueArcanablueArcana Registered User regular
    how did he get the ball back?

Oh! I was like, what is that some kind of weird light?

• Options
    FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    Gabe sounds like he should be working for the lost-in-the-past fools over at Watermelon, if you know who they are.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Good god MKII on Genesis was a huge deal back in the day.

• Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    Pahn wrote: »
    I wish I had my old stack of GamePro and EGM from BITD. I remember buying a random PC gaming magazine (odd because I wasn't into PC games at all) and reading a review for Planescape: Torment, which would end up being one of my favorite games of all time.
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    I haven't looked at them in ages, but I still have almost an entire run of Nintendo Power mags on my bookshelf.
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I'd pay for a retro EGM/Gamepro subscription where you pick a year and they send you a reproduction of an issue a month by mail.

Want to know what I used my government stimulus check on? Do you think I paid off my debt, or finishing off deferred maintenance on my home or vehicle? No, I got on Ebay and ordered like 80 volumes of Nintendo Power that I had as a kid and always sat on my bed rereading on boring days.

Well, ok, that was actually only a tiny part of my stimulus check, but still. Nostalgia is apparently my drug of choice.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    The green ball / couch action is very authentic.

https://youtu.be/bHNsUl4ez4w?t=118

(skip to exactly 2 minutes in if the timestamp didn't work.)

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

I did.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

I did.

Well yes, I did too, but it was only a year and a couple months. I'm talking early to mid 90s.