As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Legends of Runeterra] Definitely not Neeko! Nope!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Thank God

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    hmmmm. I've fallen off Runeterra due to Lost Ark so this event pass presents me with a decision. I like that it feels like I could take a long break, come back, and build a new top-tier deck within a few weeks, but I also love event passes.

also rip all my decks again. Looking forward to seeing what meta everyone will complain about next week.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm absolutely getting that Anivia skin. Fighter Jet Anivia with an animation? Yes please!

I've also taken to buying the event passes just because I feel bad for how much I get out of the game without spending any money.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Hey the mobile icon is Vi instead of dumb Darius now, god bless waifus even if they are, regrettably, police officers

edited February 2022
    Coinage wrote: »
    Hey the mobile icon is Vi instead of dumb Darius now, god bless waifus even if they are, regrettably, police officers

I saw that a few weeks ago. It’s still shows Darius on when the icon is placed into a folder or added to the bottom row. Sounds like a small iOS bug.

Proof:

4eckgea9sroa.jpeg
    a21q0bmtqoko.jpeg

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Expansion is live!

Also, if you're an Amazon Prime member, you can get 3 Rare Wild Cards and a Rare Prismatic Chest this month by linking your accounts.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So what's the arcade mode and how do I do it?

Arcade isn’t a mode, just a themed event that started in LoL. It’s just a board, skins, and icons.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited February 2022
    If you play Field Promotion (grant a unit Scout and Elite) to an Attach unit (Yummi), then she keeps the Scout/Elite buff forever. So that means Yummi is considered as played when Attaching to an ally. But if you play Tattered Banner (grant a unit Challenger), it will not apply to an Attach unit.

One specifically says "Play" while the other says "Summon":

jc4wcx3nqvp1.png
    8xtx6x5go2dk.png

I don't think this was intended and will eventually get fixed. Not sure which direction they'll go in, but I'm guessing it would be when a unit is attached it's not considered played/summoned. Who knows?

Even better though is that Attach doesn't transfer Ephemeral. So you can play Oblivious Islander on say a Yummi and make her permanently mana reduced. Handbuffs are also permanent (Destiny's Call for +8/+8). Like so:

3dejyzx6pfk0.jpg

Not sure if/when this will all get cleared up, so take advantage of it while you can.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Where do you guys go for decks when new stuff drops like this?

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I just go to the leaderboard and steal stuff from good people. It's empty right now since the season just reset but there'll be at least 20 people by tomorrow at the latest.

The leaderboard at runeterra.ar isn't reset yet either so you can also get stuff from there.

https://runeterra.ar/leaderboard

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Most of the bigger content creators have day 1 lists you can try out. Swimstrim, GrappLr, megaMogwai, eMOEtiinal, faintHD, grandparoji, Snnuy, kuvira, and majiinbae are good starting points.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Of the ones Dover mentioned, I've frequently gone to Swimstrim, megaMogwai, and Snnuy. I've been leaning more toward the latter two since they seem to be more into exploring off-meta fun/goofy decks that work without being cookie cutter mainstream.

Lately I've also been visiting the LoRCompetitive subreddit for decks. People post nice summaries of how the meta is playing out, share what decks are working well for them on ladder, etc. I like how it's easier to find discussion around the decks and how people are tweaking them and personalizing them.

It’s a new set, that means it’s time to play aggro until we know what’s actually good! (Spoiler, it’s Gnar, Gnar is what’s good) Case in point, I ran into two absolute lunatics trying to play Deep and farmed them both.

All of these lists are looted from the leaderboard.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-2)

Bandle Burn (4-2, 0 bans)
    CQBQEAQDAMCAGAIDAIGCQCAFBIDQ4MKJOSQQDIYBUYAQAAIBAUFNEAI
    Every lineup should have a Gnar deck. Aggro, Bandle Tree, Gnar Swain, Gnar Fizz, Gnar Galio, Gnar Trundle... just pick a region you like and pop him in, he's basically the new Poppy.
    This particular one is just ye-olde Poppy Ziggs with Poppy and Lecturing Yordle replaced with Gnar and Teenydactyl.

YiA (1-0, 3 bans)
    CQCQCAYCAIAQGBASAECAIEADAECAYLJUAUCQU33YUYA26AOAAEBQCAIEE4AQEBROAECQVSABAEAQKCUIAE
    Only two 2 cards and they're basically fluff, but this deck is still a powerhouse. The one game I actually got to play it my hand was mega bricked for the first 4 turns and I won anyway.

Scouts (3-0, 1 ban)
    CIDACAQGCYAQGAAOAIBAABQHAICAAAQHAICQACQMAUAQAAIGBEOTGAABAEBAACQ
    This list is allegiance focused with only MF instead of the usual 8ish Bilgewater cards. This feels pretty correct since Durand Sculptor and Petricite Broadwing are absolute powerhouses that I'm happy to play over Marai Warden and Island Navigator.

Notes
    Match 1
    Viego Lucian, Zoe Diana SI, Bandle Tree
    I ban Bandle Tree, opponent bans YiA
    Game 1: Bandle Burn (L) v Viego Lucian
    Game 2: Bandle Burn (W) v Zoe Diana
    Game 3: Scouts (W) v Zoe Diana

Match 2
    Lulu Zed, Plunder, AK
    I ban Plunder, opponent bans Scouts
    Game 1: Bandle Burn (L) v Lulu Zed
    Game 2: Bandle Burn (W) v AK
    Game 3: YiA (W) v AK

Match 3
    Yuumi Panth BC, Poppy Taric Dem, Deep
    I ban Poppy Taric, opponent bans YiA
    Game 1: Scouts (W) v Yuumi Panth
    Game 2: Bandle Burn (W) v Deep

Match 4
    Deep, Darkness, Bandle Tree
    I ban Darkness, opponent bans YiA
    Game 1: Bandle Burn (W) v Deep
    Game 2: Scouts (W) v Deep

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So I'm doing the new events in the lab and Veigar brought a big robot!

Tahm Kench brought an appetite.

3r3599ep1dav.jpg

But seriously this was stupid. +1/+1 to all units every round. Had 8 Tahm Kenches in my deck, and casting his spell caused me to draw a card, which was often another one. Plus I had the "50% chance to make a copy of this that costs 0" on the shaman stance thinger so of course Tahm had a million buffs and regen. Just kept eating every piece Viegar threw out (which is not really the best way to beat him, as the last breath effects are all beneficial for you, but I was having a giggle).

Twitch: Thawmus83
    Wait, the last breaths give the buff to you? I thought they made them permanent for him and you were supposed to silence them or something. I brute forced it through like 3 robot parts...

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Fckin Kaiju-sized Tahm there going all Pacific Rim on Veigar's robot.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Yilias wrote: »
    Wait, the last breaths give the buff to you? I thought they made them permanent for him and you were supposed to silence them or something. I brute forced it through like 3 robot parts...

Some of them buff you, some of them fuck him over.

Fckin Kaiju-sized Tahm there going all Pacific Rim on Veigar's robot.

I dunno what's more terrifying. Kaiju or Kaiju just throwing around that southern drawl but at a Kaiju volume level.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    "Bonjour, y'all!" is definitely blowing out every window in a 20 block radius.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    "Thank you, Johnson, for that presentation. I think I have some questions about your proposal, mainly regarding our monthly recurring expenses and how to offset that with-"

"AH DO DECLARE THAT ROBOT OFFERS A DELECTABLE FEAST!"

"-oh god!"

I've really fallen in love with the Gnar/Trundle Timelines deck: CQCQCAYBAYAQKBAYAIAQIGZNAICAICQQAICQVGABUEAQKAIBAQ2ACAYEBMBACAIDBMBAGAICAMBAIAIKBQAA

Aftershock and Thermo are great answers to enemy Gnars, and Aftershock and It That Stares answer Tree. Timelines > Pillar > Buried in Ice is a free 8 drop, some of which are pretty outstanding like the boats, into a one sided board clear which is usually a game winning tempo swing.

The stats look phenomenal for it too. 65+ into Gnar/Swain and Tree which are the two most popular decks, and 50-60 into virtually everything else. The only 'bad' matchups are Scouts and Gnar/Ziggs Burn, both of which are 45s.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I've really fallen in love with the Gnar/Trundle Timelines deck: CQCQCAYBAYAQKBAYAIAQIGZNAICAICQQAICQVGABUEAQKAIBAQ2ACAYEBMBACAIDBMBAGAICAMBAIAIKBQAA

Aftershock and Thermo are great answers to enemy Gnars, and Aftershock and It That Stares answer Tree. Timelines > Pillar > Buried in Ice is a free 8 drop, some of which are pretty outstanding like the boats, into a one sided board clear which is usually a game winning tempo swing.

The stats look phenomenal for it too. 65+ into Gnar/Swain and Tree which are the two most popular decks, and 50-60 into virtually everything else. The only 'bad' matchups are Scouts and Gnar/Ziggs Burn, both of which are 45s.

I’ve been trying this a bunch today (gold ranked) and it’s been a ton of fun so far. The 8 drop transformations really get them by surprise, and in general it seems like I have a lot of flexibility for countering different situations. I like having the extra randomness — it’s consistent enough to not just be a gimmick deck but with some really fun unexpected luck moments.

mz594jnb08b4.png

Solid Vault this week. Still working on the region roads too, so more unlocks to come before crafting anything.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/iyINUdKvmQc

https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/the-stage-is-set-legends-of-runeterra-early-2022-roadmap/

Things are going to get *weird*, with Runeterra region champions that change up your deckbuilding options. Like Jhin.
    Speaking of Runeterra, you just got a sneak peek at Jhin, our first Runeterra champion. Rather than being tied to a single region, Runeterra champions tend to wander around the world, or have conflicting allegiances across several regions. Adding one to your deck completely alters your deck-building rules. For example, adding Jhin to your deck allows you to add cards with skills from all other regions. Runeterra champions bring a ton of potential for creative decks that have never been seen before, and we’re excited to see what players do with them!

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Hmm, so instead of coding to region he codes to skills. Interesting.

Seems like a balancing disaster tbh

They posted the roadmap too.
    LoR_6A2022_2022-RoadmapGraphic_1920X1080_PCruz_V002.jpg

3 month season, with balance patches on March 30th and sometime in April, and the seasonal in May.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Seems like a balancing disaster tbh

To be fair that’s just CCGs.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Ooooh! FREE Arcane Jinx & Vi skins!

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    This week I played triple Demacia because Golden Aegis is a good card and I want to run 9 copies. I mostly ran into jank until my last match which was practically a mirror.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-1)

Scouts (3-1, 1 ban)
    CIDACAQAAYAQGAAOAECAAAQCAIDBMPQCAUAAUDADAEAAMCI5AUAQCABTAEBAABYBAQAAOAIFAYAQCBIACQAA
    This is a pretty standard 8 Bilgewater card list. I quite liked the allegiance one but I haven't seen a soul playing it since like day 3. I'd conjecture that Navigator is just too important to leveling MF quickly compared to Bannerman or Grizzled Ranger.

Gnar Tristana YiA Demacia (2-0, 2 bans)
    CQBQCAYABYAQIAACBECQUIDPOB2IKANGAGXQDNYB3EAQEAICAADQEBIKQQA2CAIBAEAQICA
    This deck was built by Oneiric I believe and it's a little different from the other YiA builds. Instead of going into PnZ to get buffable tokens like Poro Cannon and Flame Chompers it runs a small Fae package and dips Demacia to get some minor protection spells and Golden Aegis.

Panth Yuumi Demacia(3-0, 1 ban)
    CQCQCAYABYAQIAACAECQUHIDAUEQGBIGAQBQSGZDGNOAGAICAAAQCBIJBIBACAAJDIBACAIABUAQGCOXAE
    Panth is still highly meta dependent but shifts over the last week have been pretty in his favor. The Noxus decks of a week ago like Gnar Ziggs, Gnar Swain, and Bandle Tree have all gone way down in popularity so you don't need to live in constant fear of burn, Flocks, and Scorched Earth. Meanwhile Scouts, Gnar Trundle, and Darkness are really popular and are all solid matchups for him.
    I'm not really sure what to make of Yuumi in comparison to Taric or Shyvana. She doesn't seem terribly impactful but sometimes it can be hard to discern if she's limiting your opponent's options. I feel like Taric is probably equally good in the situations where you have another unit and is significantly better when you don't.

Notes
    Match 1
    Mono Fiora Ionia, Thresh Viego Demacia, Braum Soraka
    I ban Braum Soraka, opponent bans YiA
    Game 1: Panth Yuumi (W) v Mono Fiora
    Game 2: Scouts (L) v Mono Fiora
    Game 3: Scouts (W) v Thresh Viego

Match 2
    Zil Xerath, Panth Riven, Sun Disc
    I ban Panth Riven, opponent bans Panth Yuumi
    Game 1: YiA (W) v Zil Xerath
    Game 2: Scouts (W) v Zil Xerath

Match 3
    Vlad Udyr, Poppy Galio BC, Azirelia
    I ban Poppy Galio BC, opponent bans YiA
    Game 1: Scouts (W) v Azirelia
    Game 2: Panth Yuumi (W) v Azirelia

Match 4
    Scouts, Fizz Gnar YiA, Panth Yuumi
    I ban Panth Yuumi, opponent bans Scouts
    Game 1: Panth Yuumi (W) v Scouts
    Game 2: YiA (W) v Scouts

edited March 2022
    I've went 9-5 with Galio/Braum over the last few days. Deck is a lot of fun. Would have done even better if I hadn't run into two Lurks in three games. Both had turn 1 attacks and the Fearsome 1-drops which I couldn't deal with. Lurk is one of the only real "Hearthstone" decks I don't like playing against.

But yeah, Galio/Braum is great. Here's the deck code:

CEDACAIADIAQCAIJAEBQADQBAMAQEAIFAECAOBIABEFAYDYSCMKAEAIBAEFACBIACEAA

4et1t6w14llp.png

Basically you want to buff up your Formidable units and secure board control. Galio's Rally ability will close games out. Other synergies include Durand Architect + Braum for a 8-attack/health Challenger on curve (Architect supporting another Architect is strong too). Vulpine Wanderer can get you Regeneration and/or Overwhelm for Galio or Mountain Drakes. Save Winds of War for a surprise kill after an attack or to snipe an important backline unit. Finally, a Durand Sculpture that drops on curve and sticks is basically gg.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I'm currently still running Tahm Kench in the lab because his minigame makes it so much more interesting. However, in my current run, he is teaming up with Galio. It is making me wonder whether or not they'd work together in constructed or not. Especially when Tahm eats Galio and then attacks and spits him up. It's insane.

It's probably optimal to keep playing Demacia midrange stuff but I can do that on ladder, so this week is weird control stuff.

Match Score (4-0)
    Game Score (8-1)

Sentinel Control (4-1, 0 bans)
    CECACAIEGQAQIBIFAIAQKAJIAICQKCYPAMAQKBAYAIAQIGY7AYAQKEYZDUQTCNIEAEAQIMABAECTMAICAQEACAYEBM
    I have a soft spot for Kindred and this is probably the best deck for her. You can have some very poor draws with this deck where the removal you draw just doesn't match up against the threats in play though.

Gnar Lux Shellfolk (3-0, 1 ban)
    CQCACAIAFIAQGAAOAECQADAGAUFAIKBRUEA2MAN4AEBQCAQAAEBAKCQBV4AQGAIAAYHRUAIBAEAAS
    This actually felt like the strongest of the 3. It was also supremely entertaining to kill aggro with Decimates and Irelia with blade dance. It honestly doesn't even need Gnar, you could swap him for any other card and run a Gnar deck elsewhere in your lineup. I'd probably have been better off swapping Sentinels for Gnar Trundle Timelines for example.

Braum Galio (1-0, 3 bans)
    CECACAIBBEAQGAICAECQCBAGAUAASCQMB4JBIBABAEABUAICAAAQCBIBCABQCAIDBIZACAIBAECA
    I was surprised to see this eat most of the bans. The one game I got to play it I ended up with 9 and 10 hp Broadwings with regen so it was probably deserved.
    There's another version of this deck that runs a 2/2/2 split of Braum/Udyr/Galio and Gorlith that looks realllllly good and I'll probably bring next week.

Notes
    Match 1
    Akshan Galio, Zoe Pantheon BC, Sejuani Noxus
    I ban Akshan Galio, opponent bans Gnar Lux
    Game 1: Sentinel Control (W) v Zoe Panth
    Game 2: Braum Galio (W) v Sejuani Noxus

Match 2
    Gnar Ziggs, Scouts, Yuumi Panth Demacia
    I ban Scouts, opponent bans Braum Galio
    Game 1: Sentinel Control (W) v Gnar Ziggs
    Game 2: Gnar Lux (W) v Gnar Ziggs

Match 3
    Yuumi Fiora Targon, Rumble Sion BC, Udyr Vlad Scargrounds
    I ban Rumble Sion, opponent bans Braum Galio
    Game 1: Sentinel Control (L) v Scargrounds
    Game 2: Sentinel Control (W) v Yuumi Fiora
    Game 3: Gnar Lux (W) v Yuumi Fiora

Match 4
    MF Irelia, Tristana Poppy Garen, Teemo Caitlyn BC
    I ban TPG, opponent bans Braum Galio
    Game 1: Sentinel Control (W) v MF Irelia
    Game 2: Gnar Lux (W) v MF Irelia

Oh man, Mogwai showed off AliDoeri's Corinna Transposition deck today. The idea is that you want to play a reduced cost Plaza Guardian then Transposition it to cheat out Corina. The Plaza Guardian counts as a 10-cost unit when Transposition is played on it, allowing Carina to be played for free. I'm assuming the game logic is:
    • Transposition is played and it recalls the Plaza Guardian
    • Being recalled, Plaza Guardian resets it's cost to 10
    • Transposition checks the recalled unit's cost and applies the cost reduction
    • Transposition finishes resolving
    • Plaza Guardian returns to hand
    • Plaza Guardian checks spells played this game and reduces it's cost appropriately

The deck only has 7 units and no champions, so your odds of hitting a 4-5 damage wipe is pretty high. The rest of the deck stall cards, unit generators, damage, and draw. Here's the video, deck, and code:

https://youtu.be/ohG3id0PZmQ

xm0ixn27oc1r.png
    CQCQCAQEBEAQGBANAECAIBYEAECAMHBQGQCQKCRIUYA5KAOZAHQACAIBAECACAQBAECDCAIFAQGA

It wasn't uncommon to see Plaza Guardian come down on turn 7, Transposition into Corina, then replay the 0-cost Plaza Guardian for a huge attack. Looks pretty fun if you're not seriously into climbing.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    The 3 decks I hate running into the most are (in order): Darkness, Lurk, and Scouts.

Darkness is a frustrating control deck that seems to always have an unlimited amount of healing and removal. Of course, it's better since Minimorph has moved out so my Anivia stick around.

Lurk is just RNG in LoR. If I wanted that, I'd still be playing Hearthstone. They almost always get the attack token on one, drop a Lurk unit, and hit Rek'Sai. It just snowballs and is so luck dependent.

Scouts is just another frustrating Demacia Rally deck. It's just so solid and blows you away on turns 5-6. Frustrating to get steamrolled.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    You have been avenged @MNC Dover

PoyPoeK.png

Get 'em @Yilias!

I'm still putting along in Platinum. Reached Plat 2/80 on the back of the Tristina/Gnar Fae+YIA deck.

db3mhhou6q55.png
    7uddvs7bqs6a.png
    CQAQQBIKEATW65EFAGTADLYBW4AQEAIBAUMQMBIKGFYIIANAAGQQDWIBAIAQCBAIAECQVDIB

Turns out Bandle is still pretty busted.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    UGH, 3 straight losses in Platinum this morning (one to master's player The Skilled Roy). Totally took the wind out of my sails. Guess I'll try again later tonight or during my workout.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    No Prime this week. I was unfortunately blown out by fearsomes twice in match 4. Like, lethaled on turn 4 blown out. The goal this go around was to beat Demacia rally lineups by playing Noxus control and bigger Demacia.

Match Score (3-1)
    Game Score (6-3)

Ez Cait Tribeam (3-0, 1 ban)
    CECQCAQDBEAQGBARAIAQGLRXAMAQIHZEGQBQKBAGBQGQIAIBAMZQCAIEDMAQGAYNAECAGAQCAEAQGFQBAQBQU

Gnar Swain (2-2, 1 ban)
    CQBQCAIDFYBQEAYHBAEQMBIKGFEXJIIBUYA26AIEAEAQGKYBAIBQCAIDAMGQCBIKAEBACAIDGMAQKCWVAE

Panth Yuumi (1-1, 2 bans)
    CQCACAIABEAQGAAOAMBQSGZDGMBQKCIDAUDAKAIBAANACAQAAEAQGCK4AECQUHICAQAAEAYDAEAQADIBAUEQUAQDBEJVK
    I still feel like there's a better partner than Yuumi but the stats appear to disagree. I've heard that there's a 3 Panth/1 Yuumi/2 Fiora list with Broadwing and Shield of Durand that's supposedly super good but I haven't been able to get my hands on a list anywhere.

Notes
    Match 1
    Braum Galio, Kalista Viego Ionia, Gnar Udyr BC
    I ban Kalista Viego, opponent bans Panth Yuumi
    Game 1: Ez Cait (W) v Braum Galio
    Game 2: Gnar Swain (W) v Braum Galio

Match 2
    Freljord Targon Pile, Demacia SI Pile, Mono Demacia Pile
    I ban Demacia SI, opponent bans Gnar Swain
    Game 1: Ez Cait (W) v Freljord Targon
    Game 2: Panth Yuumi (L) v Demacia
    Game 3: Panth Yuumi (W) v Freljord Targon