As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Epic Seven - episode 4 coming to a close soon.

ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
edited October 2022 in Games and Technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdX4UnD5S90

What is Epic Seven?
An f2p gacha JRPG with some of the prettiest animation in the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3dEDvdMGnc

From Jubal77's original OP:
The game starts with you taking control of the Heir of the Covenant who wakes after a long slumber after missing the world war of which was his job to stop. In his absence though the world banded together to banish the threat and save the world from its recurring destruction cycle at the hands of the Arch Demon. The story is rather complex. I find it to be a wonderful story and so I think limiting the spoilers is needed.

They constantly add new features and content but you will find all your normal gacha trappings here:
  • Story mode with regular updates
  • Side events every couple weeks or so
  • PVP - Real Time is still beta but there is also the traditional fight other people's teams in an offline manner
  • Dungeons
  • Boss Attacks
  • Decent summon rates - there is a pity system in the game for new banners and the rates are on par with the other big name gachas.
  • etc.
Each of these generate rewards or currency and some are quite liberal with the amounts. One of the things that keep many of us in the game, other than the beautiful animations and story, is the fact that this company tends to be very liberal with rewards. The game has a starter plan to follow that gives great gear. Overall I think the tutorial series for the game is above average for the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBid5tyvPFA

Friends List: (some of these might be inactive now, let me know if you want to be added!)

Guild Leader: Bradcopter (me)

Tcheldor - Tchelle
Frosteey - Elaize
Ilpala - ilpala
Nosf- Faeonia
Madican - Madican
Wazilla - Wazilla
Maddoc - Laitarne
cptrugged -> Rahne
jubal77 -> Jubal77
Bradcopter -> shadowfire
Zaylenz -> Zaylenz

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
Shadowfire on

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Holy updated batman. Up late, or is it early?...., And so can't post all but lots of fun stuff shown on Thurs stream.

Pw is valentine22.

Jubal77 on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Arby skin for rta.
    https://youtu.be/PnFcQfp3_O0

Bad Cat Admin, which is pretty dope.
    https://youtu.be/oWBO3ByCh6U

Hwayoung
    https://youtu.be/CeuwtKEgY44

Villainous Vivian skin
    https://youtu.be/WPJLf6HALvw

Game of Princes
    https://youtu.be/SryDtHN-uB0

There's a ton in this patch.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    The customizable triple banners seem like the biggest impact. Major help for newer players.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    The double pre ban is cool. Might let me go after arby skin as vivian is said to be in an event pass. The new guild content looks really fun too.

Also the balance update. Dilibet getting minor buffs but I'm looking forward to pulling her off the bench.

edited February 2022
    I still see fteneb and cerise combos every now and then so she is still geared for me. She is just so strong against that combo and she doesnt need much for gear really. And any other new heavy debuff speed start really.

Jubal77 on
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    The customizable triple banners seem like the biggest impact. Major help for newer players.

So, what should a total newbie aim for? I was thinking I was short a fire dps but then I got Kayron from the Valentine's freebie 5*. I don't really care about pvp that much.

edited February 2022
    It depends on what they put on it. If there are limited units like Landy and Luna on them, like it shows in the picture, well it makes the decision much easier. They are usually only available once a year.

Jubal77 on
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

So, what should a total newbie aim for? I was thinking I was short a fire dps but then I got Kayron from the Valentine's freebie 5*. I don't really care about pvp that much.

I'd wait to see how the customizable banners work. The image shown has limited units, which generally tend to be better. Landy is shown, who is one of the best units in the game still. I use her in PvE everywhere. They have Tamarinne listed on the screenshot, who is a PvE beast. SSB is also on the screenshot, who is another limited and is really good still.

Just those 3 alone would make for an amazing pull banner for a new player.

Yeah, really if it's any limited unit, the priority would be Landy->SSB->Luna. All three are great, but Landy is just stupid powerful.

Oh hey, also the Guilty Gear collab is confirmed to be coming back. So there's one more thing to keep in mind!

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    All the new units look really fun. I’m glad they are pushing more units that use weird gear, like high attack or defense scaling units.

I do wonder why the new gw gear rewards and eff and er. That kind of feels bad, but hopefully I can dodge on a piece or two and get something usable.

It's gear from rewards, you know that's all going into ER.

Hwayoung is very intriguing. She reminds me of Straze, but also Senya. Looking forward to seeing what her multis look like.

And looking more at Bad Cat Armin, I need her. She looks fun, and she's silly.

Mace1370 wrote: »
    All the new units look really fun. I’m glad they are pushing more units that use weird gear, like high attack or defense scaling units.

I do wonder why the new gw gear rewards and eff and er. That kind of feels bad, but hopefully I can dodge on a piece or two and get something usable.

It's for that incoming ER scaling bruiser limited unit haha.

edited February 2022
    Man.... that would be nuts for a hypothetical ER scaling unit. I mean they should do it. Just to hear the lament of everyone and all that primo rolled gear that went into ER they most likely dusted away. Would also make like SC Pyls just insane most likely. She is already good.

Jubal77 on
    Direct MLKen buff? Hell yeah.

Good ol sometimes you get luck when you just play everyday. Up late and did my 10 summons for event and boom. Ml Cermia. Im so happy.

This ancient inheritance thing is kinda neat. Sustain units seem best. The units don't keep their stats, but do keep set bonuses so your Lifesteal violets and such work great. MLCeline is putting in work.

I've got one of the bosses down below 50% so far, but not near the wardens or anything. I don't think any of us are.

edited February 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    This ancient inheritance thing is kinda neat. Sustain units seem best. The units don't keep their stats, but do keep set bonuses so your Lifesteal violets and such work great. MLCeline is putting in work.

I've got one of the bosses down below 50% so far, but not near the wardens or anything. I don't think any of us are.

It is fun. I like that they changed more of this implementation from the SW base it is based off of heh. I like how it normalizes out any gearing too.

Also ML Cermia is great. She isnt OP as she has some counters but she also is VERY strong against other meta comps. Very well balanced unit she is. Mine isnt even that well geared because speed def gear with crit? Heh yeah didnt have much of that. But got to 200 speed 100% crit 250% crit dmg and 2000 def. Not great but she still ate face against the last GW and cleans up the belains and apoc ravis left over from my ml iseria, ran, seaseria combo.

Jubal77 on
    It's also nice to not worry about gear in ancient inheritance. You can throw crap gear on a unit and just go for set bonuses, and they'll do work. Pretty neat

edited February 2022
    If you have problems tank busting or fat busting like Aravi, ruele etc. Hwayoung is going to be really fun for you. Mine isn't even well geared or even molad (ml cermia was worth tho) and is just eating rueles and aravis and fcec for breakfast.

Jubal77 on
    I'm not quite sure how to build her but I'm having fun with her. I think she's around 6k atk, 180 speed, and 13k HP in counter and penetration set. She's enjoyable though, and I enjoy her voice a lot.

She doesnt need pen set. Her S1 is all about the built in extra dmg and her S3 fully penetrates by itself. So attack, what speed you can put on her and bulk. You can just do a broken set for the 2 piece if you like.

I didn't think it was 100% pen, so I was assuming I was adding extra pen. If that's not the case then I'll try and redo her later.

edited February 2022
    Yeah it doesnt give a % in the text so that means full penetration. She is meant to fully punish HP scalers hard and boyy how does she do it. If you use her arti her burns hit for near 5k too wiith mid 6k attack.

Jubal77 on
    Damn nice. I put her on Sigurd to give her sustain with the counter set. Might really have to change her up.

I was able to get ML Cermia here with 7 minutes to go. I don't have the gear for her yet, but I'll start working on it. Also low on mola due to Peira, and now Hwayoung.

Ancient inheritance is interesting. Requires more guild coordination than anything so far.

Yeah it does. It's fun though, I'm enjoying my time in it. I don't we'll get to the point where we're dominating it or whatever, but it's fun.

We got to level 3 today. Looks like 2 boss mobs, per Warden, with 4 Warden's to kill. I'm not sure we'll make to through lvl 4 but we should at least be able to get there.

I rather like the leveling out of units. I was able to use several base units missing mola, awakening, etc. Just threw some LS or Speed gear on them. Great way to help have fun with underused units or for folks with small rosters.

New SC coming in. Looks like it's either Ian or Glenn, can't tell which.

edited March 2022
    Ml flan! Arrrrrrrrrr! I think I'll pull for her. Her kit looks really strong. And people shat on seaseria when she came out but now she is used everywhere really

Guilty Gear hero teased too.
    Jack o should be fun.

Also like how they made Glenn ultimate FU Rem unit.

Jubal77 on
    Obviously Jack O was going to be the unit. The meme stonks. Obviously.

But man, Dickinson was the correct choice.

Dickinson is fun but I am still having a blast on Nago. But yeah it was going to be Jack O. If not her then I No or Rams.

Double rune drops today. A good day to pile up some green runes since we just got Glenn and Adin's SCs.

And if youve ever said "MFing Rem beep beep beep beep Rem beep" then Glenn is a freeish way to just remove her from any comp. Ive seen him do 20+k dmg protected by all the tank options. He is nuts removal for any blue.

Back when he came out (before I had Spez), I used him to delete Arby all the time. Glad to see he's keeping his deletion qualities. Guess you just have to watch out for comps with both Rem and Politis then.

Yeah wish I could remove mola from Lilibet since he seems to do her job better.

I never did invest in her. Her animation always felt dirty.
    Dilibet still the S3 queen though.

edited March 2022
    Not sure about "better". He can single target remove yeah but after her buff lili can do two. Yeah more RNG oriented but when it works she can remove 2/3 of a gw pretty free heh.

Jubal77 on