As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

1565758596062»

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the eternal war between acquiring power, and between checking off an arbitrary collection goal that annoys you in its incompletion

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    the eternal war between acquiring power, and between checking off an arbitrary collection goal that annoys you in its incompletion

I COULD get 4 Ixabas, or I could get 4 characters I give a shit about.

EDIT: Actually, that's a lie. I'd have to get 4 Ixabas and an Agni, 'cuz I haven't even gotten a single Agni yet.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    like 4 years of playing the game moderately seriously and this is the primal situation lmao

hbk74bx3r2u9.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Eternal 140/150 uncaps are out and people are rioting over needing another blue paper for the 150 uncap.

Which, yeah, I fully expect cygames to start restocking those during DB or something, cause putting a minimum 3 year timegate on 150 bingo is pretty insane.

Myself, I didn't prefarm anything for uncaps so I'm kinda playing from behind, but the non blue paper mats don't look too bad; should be able to get Seox to 150 in a week or so.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    I could like playing Granblue if the grind was at least forward focused and didn't require materials from every level of content in increasingly-absurd quantities. And yeah these Eternals are intended to be endgame sort of things but they're just the latest in a long long line of stuff that requires ungodly levels of grind to even reach.

Drop rates aside I should be able to move past a level of content at some point and not have to keep farming it because it's necessary for progression. Because then all progression becomes is just a growing list of things I should be doing on an eternal escalator.

Madican on
  • Options
    i just want to know if stat update did anything cool to new grids

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    kinda?

They merged primal + magna crit so they stack additively now, which has a few niche cases where that helps, and they updated how weapon stacking works for a bunch of grid cap stuff:

unknown.png

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

She's a good consultation prize if you whiffed on Nehan, Grand Cag and Yukata Potato. Her buffs are kinda nuts. But she is overshadowed by the other three. But the other three aren't ticketable SOOOO

• Options
    off to an early start on this gw's shitshow

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I picked a hell of a GW to sleep in instead of farming from the get go.

Anyways, I get why they decided to reset meat/honors, and even get why they decided to stick to their original schedule for finals days and cancel the interlude day instead.

But I mean, the fact that they had to do all this cause people legit plan their fucking lives around GW is a pretty good indication of how the entire thing is fucked at the base, conceptual level.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    unknown.png

Bumping this to complain about not getting Bubs in my legfest spark. Sparked Fediel and got Tiger so it's not all bad, but Bubs is kinda absurd so I was hoping to sack a copy.

Well, still tomorrow I guess, but getting him off rate up is a pipe dream.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Well, still tomorrow I guess, but getting him off rate up is a pipe dream.

Turns out it’s even worse than “not on rate up”. This final banner is all character weapons rate up, which puts individual summons at .004%, aka 1 in 25000. It’s a literal “we don’t want you to get Beelzebub with these free draws” banner.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Rates for any individual thing in GBF are all hilariously bad anyway

Pool is bloated

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Sure, but to choose a banner that makes you about as likely to pull the new “must have” unsparkable summon in 200 rolls as it was yesterday with 3 rolls is clearly deliberate.

• Options
    This roulette is the first time I went completely without a single frenzy. Looking at the Reddit this isn't uncommon since things appeared pretty wonky with the gauge rise mechanics this time.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I actually got Bubs when I sparked yesterday. The weirdest thing was I didn't get a single character. It was all summons. 4-5 times I had a final rainbow, which has nearly always meant a new character, but every single time it was just a summon.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Madican wrote: »
    This roulette is the first time I went completely without a single frenzy. Looking at the Reddit this isn't uncommon since things appeared pretty wonky with the gauge rise mechanics this time.

It's based on you not getting any SSRs

So my gold moons fucked me

EDIT: Scratch that, my gold moons and Nezha, who is worth less than a gold moon

Maddoc on
  • Options
    15 gold moons and a Mishra round off my 200 + Frenzy

See y'all come Anniversary!

• Options
    obviously the beelzebub summon is powerful but it's extremely funny to me how much discussion around him focuses on things that granblue whale perverts were already just doing

"wow think about how fast you could farm meat with this guy" YOU ALREADY MAKE ONE BUTTON SETUPS EACH GUILD WARS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah but now they can get even bigger numbers with that one button! Even though it probably doesn't make an actual difference since excess damage does nothing extra.

• Options
    it's one of those things that just sort of shows how much granblue endgame is "spamming raids everyone finds easy to beat and trying to do as much damage per refresh button as possible to get a gold bar"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The current hotness for dark Guild Wars is 0 button setups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqYFXJf2dVY

You got your old 0 button 3 chain setups, abusing HL x HL and Fediel Spines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wrTSnpXJ10

Then there's the 0 button 2 chain setups once you farm 2 FLB Agonize/Bar a PnS or two (can work with various grids). This one also needs 130 Six, I think? Though there might be some setups out there that can do it with just FLB Six, not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdPFlt-gaRo

And of course there is the fabled 0 button 0 chain setup if you have a full crit stamina Hades setup + 2 PnS + the correct characters (I haven't seen one that works without Summer Meg). Might also need the ULB ultima there, not sure if replacing it with Seraphic works

The point of all this is so that people can setup mouse button shortcuts (you bookmark the summon select screen and then use shortkeys to assign that bookmark a keybind) and spam ex+ as fast as possible, cause for some cursed reason the lockout you get from using multiple charge attacks in a turn actually carries over into the next raid if you manage to spam refresh/join fast enough.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    if they ever kill guild wars the game will be saved

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I love hate guild wars

Like, I enjoy the theorycrafting that goes into optimizing each aspect of the process, and having 3 separate bosses that you need to figure out the fastest way to kill is super interesting. Figuring out GW setups is, by far, my favorite part of the game.

But after all the planning and setup is done, the actual work of grinding out GW is fucking awful and completely unhealthy.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Also doesn't help that the timings blatantly favor Japan with it being inaccessible for a large chunk of the Western day.

At least they scrapped the betting. SEN.

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    I forgot to redeem my 7th anni weapon ticket...

• Options
    Impressive if you've been regularly playing, understandable if you've been taking a break.

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Yesterday I looked at the banner and thought to myself "finally it's time." But then I didn't do it