As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    It's a skull sugar apple.
    With legs

I guess there's some pokedex stuff out saying fire croc though

Croc wearing a Tauros skeleton then maybe

pretty sure its a chilli pepper based design

Yeah, definitely the aesthetic and just makes me love it more.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    yeah, I missed the tail.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I think it’s gonna have to be Captain Quacks for me. Just *chef* kiss, especially since I’m a big Sirfetch’d stan.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    With legs

You guys, that is clearly a fire T-Rex

Also, not grass cat (as some places are saying). That is a grass pupper, it looks like a re-colored Rockruff.

akjak on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    With legs

Also, not grass cat (as some places are saying). That is a grass pupper, it looks like a re-colored Rockruff.

Sprigatito.
    Sprig-gatito.
    [Plant term]-[cat].

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Cat is going to be chosen by so many stoners.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I was commanded, by God Himself, to seek out all Pokemon, and this day-this Pokemon Day, no less- I have succeeded.

True final boss:
    The dodge timing on that charge attack in the red phase is brutal.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    With legs

Sprigatito.
    Sprig-gatito.
    [Plant term]-[cat].

Which is also Spanish, right? Which kind of points more to a Spain like area as someone said earlier.

Excited about this one. They came out of nowhere with this.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    I mean, they clearly messed with the timeline so we're getting Red and Blue again

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The duck looks like it's wearing a trump hairstyle. That's a negative on going with water.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    My god, those trainers look so disgustingly bland. After Scottish girl trainer for Sword, what the fuck do you do with that fat chunk of nothing?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    I was commanded, by God Himself, to seek out all Pokemon, and this day-this Pokemon Day, no less- I have succeeded.

True final boss:
    The dodge timing on that charge attack in the red phase is brutal.

Also did this tonight thanks to Shieldon finally showing up. Had to continue the fight like 5 times. AOE attacks with a shit targetting/lock-on camera were one of my least favorite things about this game's big fights.

Enigmedic wrote: »
    The duck looks like it's wearing a trump hairstyle. That's a negative on going with water.

Think of it as a saucy beret?

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I mean you just dress them in whatever you want when you hit the boutique the default look is kinda pointless at this point aside from fanart and advertising for the franchise that makes

*checks notes*

more than any other franchise on Earth

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Oh my god. Late-game Legends Trainer battle:
    Fighting Kamado, I got him down to his last Pokemon-- a Clefairy. I was fighting him with my Gardevoir, which had gamely handled the rest of his team, holding itself together with the restoration from Draining Kiss.

Except that his Clefairy also had Draining Kiss, and thought that was the best available move.

Draining Kiss, the 50-power attack with the 75% restore rate.

I just find it hilarious how we're right up against the apocalypse, my commander has sent a ninja after me, is in full battle armor, and our battle just turns into this ten-round snogfest between our fairies.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    My god, those trainers look so disgustingly bland. After Scottish girl trainer for Sword, what the fuck do you do with that fat chunk of nothing?

Its a school uniform. I doubt you'll need to keep it on long though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    With legs

Sprigatito.
    Sprig-gatito.
    [Plant term]-[cat].

That is very clearly NOT a cat tail.

I read it as Spriga-tito.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    man the new mass outbreaks get silly.
    Just had an Outbreak of Spiritomb. now I have 10 of them lol.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Welp, I am now officially one gym further than when I quit originally in Shield. Wooo! Also I guess I got up to the Ghost gym, not the Fairy gym (the fairy gym leader was just randomly there I suppose)

This food team challenge has been hard. It doesn't help that my team is 90% grass and/or ghost. The ghost gym was kind of nuts hard when Gigamax Gengar just one shots everyone. Luckily he could not one shot an ice cream cone :P Seriously tho, thank God this isn't a nuzlocke because I've never popped so many revives haha.

Also, been having fun with the game. As long as I avoid the Wild Area since that's when I start hating it again. Luckily catching pokemon is a whatever with this weird playthrough so I don't really feel the pressure like I usually do to stick around and catch one of everything (because God knows the game won't let me or tell me which pokemon I am "allowed" to catch). And it seems like everything else is actually still fun. I might actually beat the dang thing this time.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    With legs

Sprigatito.
    Sprig-gatito.
    [Plant term]-[cat].

Ah but the official description is grass cat pokemon

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    With legs

Sprigatito.
    Sprig-gatito.
    [Plant term]-[cat].

It's not a traditional cat tail, no, but it isn't that far removed from a big floofy feather-duster.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Without looking it up I figure it’s some particular Spanish pet breed or wild cat, possible an extinct one.

Though to be honest I’d be down for a return to the early generations, where the monster designs were more generalised, more margin doodles. Like, Nidoking is some kind of rodent dinosaur and that’s good.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    There's no way it doesn't become a bull honestly.

Although it might depend if its just a Day of Dead Pokemon rather than a Spanish festivities Pokemon

I mean, if it's based in Spain, it's not going to be a Day of the Dead thing, seeing how that's specifically a South America thing.

Would be a bit like having something inspired by the US's 4th of July in Galar, really.

EDIT: That said, if it's really based on Iberia (Spain and Portugal), my completely unfounded hope is that the evolution of the grass cat is based on the Iberian Lynx, which is a cat from northern Spain that is very emblematic and very, very endangered.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    With legs

Sprigatito.
    Sprig-gatito.
    [Plant term]-[cat].

Gatito is Spanish for kitten. (Gato being cat, Gatito is literally “little cat”) so Sprigatito is sprig-kitten

Cocodrilo is crocodile in Spanish. Fuego being fire. So Fuecoco is fire croc.

Quaxly doesn’t really work with that naming convention sadly.

• Options
    Gatito is Spanish for kitten. (Gato being cat, Gatito is literally “little cat”) so Sprigatito is sprig-kitten

Cocodrilo is crocodile in Spanish. Fuego being fire. So Fuecoco is fire croc.

Quaxly doesn’t really work with that naming convention sadly. is the sound a duck makes

Fixed :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Quaxly is the Spanish Armada and I can't wait for him to evolve into a big bulky water/steel type battleship with a duck head pasted on it.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    So I honestly don’t mind the clothing that a lot of people seem to, it’s likely to be changeable right away anyway.
    What I am having a hard time reconciling is the weird, YouTube Kids content mill style of faces they seem to be going for. If you’re a parent that’s had toddlers in the last decade you know what I’m talking about.

2j6gx01iaeq6.jpeg

Compared to the more classic Pokémon art style that imo they nailed in SWSH and Arceus.

ssqnzfr1sb2k.jpeg
    0mrd7e4lu6cz.jpeg

Also Weed Kitty sorta looks like neopets fan art.
    But I do like Derpy Dino and Pompadour duck.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I kinda hate the clothing but it's a Pokemon game so they'll give us customization options (20 hours in -_-)

Seriously tho, can we get more than 4 options per gender at the start? So sick of this. "Hey, do you have blonde hair or black hair? What? RED hair? What kind of madness is this?! Oh also if you're dark skinned you only have one hair color, it's the law." (as a side note, does Sword and Shield seriously not have orange as a hair color?)

Also, plz Game Freak:

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    79fOWfs.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Blaziken is already taken though

• Options
    edited February 2022
    The cat is an interest one because it doesn’t appear to have an in-built story. It’s not a football player or a drummer, you know? It could go anywhere. Absolutely gets upright in its last stage though, I’m sorry.

The duck is more like a modern starter. You can see it has a ‘hat’ and is likely to homage Don Quixote. Probably ends up with a foolish yet heroic vibe, maybe in a suit of armour.

The crocodile kinda… doesn’t look like a starter. Sort of looks like a two-stage guy. Has the vibe of some of the weirder Sword/Shield monsters; I could easily believe it was on the concept art pile even though I’m sure it was designed especially for this game. Potentially gets really lanky and goofy in its last stage, as is the Galar standard.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    So I honestly don’t mind the clothing that a lot of people seem to, it’s likely to be changeable right away anyway.
    What I am having a hard time reconciling is the weird, YouTube Kids content mill style of faces they seem to be going for. If you’re a parent that’s had toddlers in the last decade you know what I’m talking about.

2j6gx01iaeq6.jpeg

Compared to the more classic Pokémon art style that imo they nailed in SWSH and Arceus.

ssqnzfr1sb2k.jpeg
    0mrd7e4lu6cz.jpeg

Also Weed Kitty sorta looks like neopets fan art.
    But I do like Derpy Dino and Pompadour duck.

Hate to quote myself here but I can’t stop looking at the screenshots of the actual people and I think what is most off is they’re using actual textures instead of cel shading and I have no idea why they’d make this decision.
    It took me a long time to get over my misgivings and play SWSH (literally in the last month) because of “dexit”, which I have gotten over and I am really enjoying myself with it. So I feel like I should be much more excited about this than I am. Everything about this thing is screaming “fan game” to me up to and including the names and I can’t shake it. I really hope as more info comes out I can use it to build a bridge and get over it.

• Options

The duck is more like a modern starter. You can see it has a ‘hat’ and is likely to homage Don Quixote. Probably ends up with a foolish yet heroic vibe, maybe in a suit of armour.

Quixote! That could actually be it. Can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Water/Steel 3rd? Haven’t had one of those in awhile.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I don’t know what would be good in match up terms, but I think this’d be neat:
    Water/Fighting
    Fire/Poison
    Grass/Dragon*

Because that cat is riding the dragon bay-bee haha 420 blaze it

Edit: Changed my mind.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Don’t they usually try and make the second typing somewhere in the fighting/dark/psychic/ghost/fairy circle to introduce the less obvious type matchups to newer players?
    I’d like derpy Dino to be fire/ghost. Because he’s obviously designed to look like a pepper, and why not a ghost pepper.

• Options
    Don’t they usually try and make the second typing somewhere in the fighting/dark/psychic/ghost/fairy circle to introduce the less obvious type matchups to newer players?
    I’d like derpy Dino to be fire/ghost. Because he’s obviously designed to look like a pepper, and why not a ghost pepper.

Had they not just done a fire/ghost starter I would have absolutely gone for that.

• Options

Had they not just done a fire/ghost starter I would have absolutely gone for that.

Oh geeze I forgot about Hisuian Typhlosion. I’m not very far in Arceus yet.
    On the other hand, this would be a good opportunity to have a non-Hisuian fire/ghost until they work those in through whatever means they settle on? Maybe?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, we have had a fire/ghost before with Chandelure too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    so end of game stuff for Legends (final main story missions post credits):
    That Volo fight is a pain in the ASS. holy shit.

Fairly strong team hes got, got through that with some casualties... SUPRISE GIRATINA! NO HEALS FOR YOU!

Alright, beat Giratina too... DID YOU THINK THATS ALL I HAD!
    -Origin Form, Instantly attacking with strong ass attacks

took me a few tries before I got a good rhythm of getting a wall out to heal up some before continuing to the next phase.

That is easily the hardest boss fight they have ever done in a Pokemon game. Its a damn Endurance test.

And the Arceus fight is a pain too. The timing on dodging attacks is pinpoint by the end of it, and you barely get time to toss balms between waves. Screwing up just once will likely just spiral out of control til you have to restart.

Also that brings up a small complaint about Legends.

So when you lose in a Noble fight, it gives you 3 options

-Restart from beginning of fight, resetting the life bar entirely
    -Continue from last quarter bar of life
    -Quit Fight

Restart is the default choice, but Continue has NO PENALTY and is obviously the better option to go with.

And when you select continue it makes you Confirm that you want to continue and asks if you want to restart or quit again.

That is the stupidest menu series I have seen in a LONG time, and just makes it take even longer to restart from a loss.

Also I might have accidentally gotten a double down input on my 30th attempt at the fight I mentioned in the spoiler and hit quit on the 2nd confirmation, and lost all my progress in the fight having to start over from the beginning. I had to get up and go do something else for a few minutes so I didnt start yelling profanities.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I don’t know what would be good in match up terms, but I think this’d be neat:
    Water/Fighting
    Fire/Poison
    Grass/Dragon*

Because that cat is riding the dragon bay-bee haha 420 blaze it

Edit: Changed my mind.

My current theory is Grass/Water Fire /Grass and Water/Fire

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    so end of game stuff for Legends (final main story missions post credits):
    That Volo fight is a pain in the ASS. holy shit.

Fairly strong team hes got, got through that with some casualties... SUPRISE GIRATINA! NO HEALS FOR YOU!

Alright, beat Giratina too... DID YOU THINK THATS ALL I HAD!
    -Origin Form, Instantly attacking with strong ass attacks

took me a few tries before I got a good rhythm of getting a wall out to heal up some before continuing to the next phase.

That is easily the hardest boss fight they have ever done in a Pokemon game. Its a damn Endurance test.

And the Arceus fight is a pain too. The timing on dodging attacks is pinpoint by the end of it, and you barely get time to toss balms between waves. Screwing up just once will likely just spiral out of control til you have to restart.

Also that brings up a small complaint about Legends.

So when you lose in a Noble fight, it gives you 3 options

-Restart from beginning of fight, resetting the life bar entirely
    -Continue from last quarter bar of life
    -Quit Fight

Restart is the default choice, but Continue has NO PENALTY and is obviously the better option to go with.

And when you select continue it makes you Confirm that you want to continue and asks if you want to restart or quit again.

That is the stupidest menu series I have seen in a LONG time, and just makes it take even longer to restart from a loss.

Also I might have accidentally gotten a double down input on my 30th attempt at the fight I mentioned in the spoiler and hit quit on the 2nd confirmation, and lost all my progress in the fight having to start over from the beginning. I had to get up and go do something else for a few minutes so I didnt start yelling profanities.

I think restart is meant to be the hard mode option, and continue is easy mode. It's not well-communicated, but that's the impression I got.