As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    drop attack vulnerable bounties are the best

q6i5pjs56yfi.png

also a cool thing about amber is that her charge attack is basically the only bow charge move that puts a 2gauge pyro effect on an enemy, which means if u apply it first, u can literally just drop oz and he will proc 2 overloads every charge attack from her without ever applying electro himself

Ooh. That means it'll always be using Fischl's EM for the damage, right?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    drop attack vulnerable bounties are the best

q6i5pjs56yfi.png

also a cool thing about amber is that her charge attack is basically the only bow charge move that puts a 2gauge pyro effect on an enemy, which means if u apply it first, u can literally just drop oz and he will proc 2 overloads every charge attack from her without ever applying electro himself

Ooh. That means it'll always be using Fischl's EM for the damage, right?

indeed

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So, I've been talking about Genshin to a friend of mine lately and he was interested enough in the game that I figured I would stream some of it to show him what it was like and whatnot. And I decided to stream my wishing session for Yae Miko so I could show him just how much pain the game can fit into it. I started the stream with enough primos and whatnot for 205 wishes because I've been saving since November (besides a couple ten pulls for Shenhe to snipe her which means I was at 1 Pity) so I'm like, "No matter what, I can get Yae Miko, I can show off how hard/soft pity works", I can get some Fischl and Thoma constellations hopefully, etc.

First 10 pull, I got Yae Miko. I explained the 50/50 and all that as a means to be like "the first 5 Star I pull, when I get it, is probably going to be one of these 5" and everything and then just, 10-pull, receive Miko. Still cannot believe that luck.

I did some more 10s to try and get Fischl and Thoma still, only got 1 Fischl but I got another Sacrificial Sword, so I'll take that. By the time Raiden comes out, I'll probably be able to weather another potential two hard pity scenarios so we'll see if I can get her too or if I've changed my mind then based on what we know to expect beyond that.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    50 pulls, no Yae. Tempted to just stop pulling let the primos build back up for Raiden. Guess I’ve got two weeks to think about it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just in case anyone here plays Honkai

Here is my Honkai Anniversary code, I can gift out 100 crystals

• Options
    Yeah, I’ve been dabbling in Honkai.

Here’s mine

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Monthly shop fates got me a Skyward Atlas from the standard banner. That's pretty damn nice, didn't have a 5* catalyst before. I've actually been using a lot of Yanfei lately, so she will certainly appreciate that if nothing else.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nice. I'd forgotten the starglitter fates reset today until I read that. So I bought mine, and from the standard got my first Gorou and my first 5 star weapon. Aquila Favonius or something. A sword.

And then with my intertwined and the 10 I had gems for I got a Yae. I think I was at maybe 50 total for the event so that's not bad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Monthly fates just got me another sac fragments. Dunno what to do with this one as I already have an r5 (on Sucrose atm).

• Options
    Nice. I'd forgotten the starglitter fates reset today until I read that. So I bought mine, and from the standard got my first Gorou and my first 5 star weapon. Aquila Favonius or something. A sword.

And then with my intertwined and the 10 I had gems for I got a Yae. I think I was at maybe 50 total for the event so that's not bad.

If nothing else, the Aquila Favonia is tied for having the highest base attack of all swords, thereby making it a fantastic choice for Bennett even if he doesn't care about the physical damage bonus. Base attack is all he really cares about.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Aquila Favonia is welded to Jean's hand.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Got another Rosaria with the 5 permanent wishes. Slowly approaching the soft pity.

Sadly I think I’m gonna pass on Yae. Raiden is inarguably the better get, and with 52 pity and a guarantee, I can hopefully get her quick, then either try to snipe an early Kokomi or (probably the better option) bank for Kazuha.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Yeah, there's no contest between them. Raiden is just ridiculous.

I got around to her final ascension and then decided to push her to 90 because I had enough stuff on hand for it. Still need more mats (I've burned so many hilts on her and Yae's skills and ascensions...), but her burst is going to end up being where my first crown goes. (Eula's burst is probably going to be second)

Not sure who I'm going to pull on next - I'm near soft pity, so I could push to that on Raiden to try for c2, Kokomi for taser nonsense, or just keep saving.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Raiden is good, but she does not have a fox tail when plunge attacking. This is important.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Raiden is good, but she does not have a fox tail when plunge attacking. This is important.

I mean, this is just science.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah, there's no contest between them. Raiden is just ridiculous.

I got around to her final ascension and then decided to push her to 90 because I had enough stuff on hand for it. Still need more mats (I've burned so many hilts on her and Yae's skills and ascensions...), but her burst is going to end up being where my first crown goes. (Eula's burst is probably going to be second)

Not sure who I'm going to pull on next - I'm near soft pity, so I could push to that on Raiden to try for c2, Kokomi for taser nonsense, or just keep saving.

I mean, they really didn't do an already-unpopular character any favors running Kokomi against Raiden.

She's pretty handy to have, though, especially in a damage-off-field characters / fuck-your-shield meta. You could do worse than to give her a shot.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Sometimes, there’s 4-stars you want, and sometimes, it’s Sara, Xinyan, and Bennet.

That’s who will be boosted with Raiden/Kokomi.

Nothing wrong with them, but Bennet already has the C6 ! taunting me and I don’t really use the other two.

• Options
    Hmm, yeah. I've got Sara c4 and Bennet c5. Still might go to soft pity on this but I really don't need anything here.

• Options
    I was kinda hoping that Sara wouldn't be on Raiden's banner, but I was also expecting that she would be again. I'd like to take her to C6, but I'd rather save for other characters than roll for Kokomi or constellations for Raiden.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I was kinda hoping that Sara wouldn't be on Raiden's banner, but I was also expecting that she would be again. I'd like to take her to C6, but I'd rather save for other characters than roll for Kokomi or constellations for Raiden.

I want more Fish Power but not badly enough to chase it with Ayato and a likely Ayaka rerun incoming, especially after the gift Shenhe.

Plus, Sara's the only 4* on there I don't have maxed.

My weapon banner is very near pity if they ever run a dang Greatsword again, at least.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I don't have any Sara and only Bennett C2, so I'm okay with that. Xinyan is C6, though, so I'm sure she'll be all I get like Diona with the Yae Banner.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    If you have issues with the launcher, go directly to Genshin Impact Game -folder and start GenshinImpact.exe instead.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Finished up the last of the crimson wishes the other night so now I've finished Dragonspine. There might be a couple chests laying around I haven't found but as far as achievements go I've got everything there.
    I actually have 1 random agate left over, cause there seems to have been 1 more laying around on the map than required to get the tree to level 8.
    Same with anemoculus.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finished up the last of the crimson wishes the other night so now I've finished Dragonspine. There might be a couple chests laying around I haven't found but as far as achievements go I've got everything there.
    I actually have 1 random agate left over, cause there seems to have been 1 more laying around on the map than required to get the tree to level 8.
    Same with anemoculus.

There's always one extra. Same in Liyue and Inazuma.

• Options
    Yep, I finished the Liyue statue, then a month later stumbled across the last Geoculus.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    With Kokomi, I now have a proper Ayaka freeze team with no overlap with my Hu Tao vaporize team. It doesn't look like Kokomi's C1 is terribly important, so I'm going to save my primos in hopes for a chance to get Kazuha next.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Spent my gems and got c3 Jean and c1 Ei. Think I'll just keep spending and see if I can get lucky before the banner ends. If I get another off banner 5*, I'll probably just save until Eula's next rerun. Having my whole main team at C2 is my immediate goal.

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    Jean was my first 5-star and I still use her for support. Plus being able to yeet enemies off cliffs is always satisfying.

• Options
    Jean is just great. She's fun to fuck around as a main DPS in non-abyss stuff because she can dish out plenty of damage, and yeeting never gets old.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Since I have aquila favonia, I should probably build jean at some point. What set/stats does she want?

I assume the new heal> deeps one?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Since I have aquila favonia, I should probably build jean at some point. What set/stats does she want?

I assume the new heal> deeps one?

If Jean's going to be your only Anemo unit in a party, a good VV set is the way to go. Swirling isn't her main focus but she can do it often with her skill and burst having pretty short cooldowns. You can build her to focus on hitting things decently hard (she's not going to carry but she can deal some good damage) better than you can build her as an EM machine, though, like you would a Sucrose or a low investment Kazuha. Atk% Sands, Anemo or Physical Cup, Crit Circlet. Crit, Atk% and Energy Recharge are what she wants, like most others.

If you're pairing her with another VV, then Ocean-Hued Clam is an option to make her Burst deal even more damage and heal even better (not that she needs it, her Burst will generally bring your team back to at least 60-75% on use pretty easily and then full if they're on field) or Noblesse to get the buff with your healing burst.

• Options
    Welp, 3 wishes into banner, Jean c0 pops out. Back to saving, but happy to get her since she's good utility.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Same with anemoculus.

There's always one extra. Same in Liyue and Inazuma.

There should be a recipe to build an ornamental oculus for your teapot so you can get it out of your inventory.
    Edit: without destroying it.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There are lots of "keepsake" items that stay in your inventory which would be great to display in the teapot. But I suppose the item limit issues would need to be fixed first.

• Options
    God yeah the quest tab in my inventory is slowly expanding getting full of stuff that feels like it should really be in the archive or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    There are lots of "keepsake" items that stay in your inventory which would be great to display in the teapot. But I suppose the item limit issues would need to be fixed first.

I want my teapot to look like the Batcave. Collection of relics from past adventures. Giant penny, T-Rex and everything.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    And there. Raiden's burst crowned. Dunno if I'll push her skill past 8 any time soon. Also... I need those mats for Yae now.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Didn't get Raiden but rolled a Jean... I guess I can wait for Kazuha

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I rolled a QiQi. Eff you, Genshin.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Somehow I've never pulled a single Qiqi.

At this point the only non-limited 5*s I don't have are her and Mona. With any luck I'll get Mona first.