As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Don’t Shoot The Messager

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2022 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Don’t Shoot The Messager

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    islingtonislington Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the spelling in the title is intentional, but damn is it fucking with me, I keep wanting to read it as massager, which... well... it just paints a very different picture is all.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    islington wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the spelling in the title is intentional, but damn is it fucking with me, I keep wanting to read it as massager, which... well... it just paints a very different picture is all.

"The Messager" isn't a messenger (someone whose job it is to deliver messages), he's a villain that writes harmful messages.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    islington wrote: »

It's rare that one should shoot a masseur, also

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I didn't even notice it wasn't messenger. My brain autocorrected it (or more autowronged it, as Fiendishrabbit points out).

I think a good alternative title that fits with the game would be, "Don't! Shoot the Messenger."

dennis on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I didn't even notice it wasn't messenger. My brain autocorrected it (or more autowronged it, as Fiendishrabbit points out).

I think a good alternative title that fits with the game would be, "Don't! Shoot the Messenger."

"Don't! Shoot the Messenger" is a much better title.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    "It's rare that one should shoot a masseur, also"

unless you're in America.

• Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    What game are they referencing?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elden Ring. But in general its a souls game reference.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    The very first setting adjustment I made as soon as I first loaded Elden Ring was to Play Offline.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Apparently all the lame fort nite references confused Asian country players thinking there was some kind of secret in forts at night.

I did hear a funny one where next to a windmill there were multiple "hit this" and it took a person a minute to realize multiple people made a Don Quixote joke, which feels a bit above gamer pay grades with their "finger but holes"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    The news post is hilarious.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    In that last panel did Gabe orgasm, shit his pants or both?

• Options
    HerculePyroHerculePyro Lord Mayor's CroupierRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Yes. It's some prime Gabe Face, and I love it.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Clearly a trollgasm.

• Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Apparently all the lame fort nite references confused Asian country players thinking there was some kind of secret in forts at night.

Funny enough, there's an inverse situation with non-japanese players wondering what the "Grass" messages are about.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    The "magnificent chest" messages also read completely different in other languages

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    It'd be even funnier if he made an entire guide of wrong things to do.