As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Denver Gets That Tall Pocket Passer They've Been Missing

19495969798100»

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Wtf

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Wtf

yeah this sucks...do I need a new team...

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Wtf

I'm sure Denver also threw in some good ol, Penguin Skulls, for Jody Allen to sweeten the deal.

Enjoy the return to a decade plus of suck Seattle.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Not familiar with the Seahawks roster, other the fantasy relevant folks like Wilson, Metcalf, and Lockett. Were they lacking depth all over?

If so, I guess this makes sense. Depending on what Denver traded away, they have a ton of offensive weapons and a good defense. Funny that both teams are in hellish divisions though, with one team looking to rebuild vs the other thinking they can overcome.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Is Pete gonna retire now, I wonder

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The Seahawks have made a lot of bad draft picks over the years and it's part of why Wilson is moving on.

Personally I think some of the team's problems are his fault, particularly the gutting of the defense and refusing to restock it as some of the heavy hitters aged out of the game.

The team has been in an unacknowledged rebuilding mode for several years now and it's time to go all in on that. Which includes replacing the GM and head coach but I doubt tnat will happen

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Change is good. Excited to see what kind of potential he has under a new team and not Pete Carrol.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    But I wont watch or pay attention in anyway to his success because I stopped being emotionally tied to sports a few years ago. But yeah, cool.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Wtf

I'm sure Denver also threw in some good ol, Penguin Skulls, for Jody Allen to sweeten the deal.

"Return"?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    New Thread

Doing this on mobile sucks!

• Options
    UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
    That’s a high price to pay for an “old” qb. Is Denver just a an away from a Super Bowl run?

I was under the impression that they are currently nowhere near being competitive, but I’ve been out of touch since I quit fantasy

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Denver has a nice group of receivers, a good young RB in addition to Melvin Gordon and a guy like Russ could make that offense explosive. I think it's a very good signing by Denver but they gave away a lot to get him.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Denver has a nice group of receivers, a good young RB in addition to Melvin Gordon and a guy like Russ could make that offense explosive. I think it's a very good signing by Denver but they gave away a lot to get him.

Yeah this is a play for a super bowl this year and next after which these lost picks are going to start to sting

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Wtf

"Return"?

? They've been disappointing but they still made the playoffs in 5/7 seasons since their last Super Bowl appearance. Calling that "suck" is some Boston-level sports fan entitlement.
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Not familiar with the Seahawks roster, other the fantasy relevant folks like Wilson, Metcalf, and Lockett. Were they lacking depth all over?

If so, I guess this makes sense. Depending on what Denver traded away, they have a ton of offensive weapons and a good defense. Funny that both teams are in hellish divisions though, with one team looking to rebuild vs the other thinking they can overcome.

Yeah their defense has been a mess for years and coaching is in part to blame but they just don't have any depth. The offense can be explosive but has the same problems its had since their Super Bowls -- poor protection, no run game, mediocre short passing game. Again you can attribute part of that to coaching, but they haven't had a good RB that stayed uninjured, their OLine is extremely inconsistent, and they have no depth at TE.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    When ESPN stops doing their Bad Beat Of The Night or whatever, then maybe I'll care about the supposed integrity of gambling and sports.
    This. It kills me to see them getting up in arms over this shit when half of their radio broadcasts are now dedicated to sports betting and their betting experts. It's fucking vile.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    What are you doing Denver?

*throws laptop*

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    What are you doing Denver?

*throws laptop*

Could be worse, they could have traded for Cousins.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    New Thread

Doing this on mobile sucks!

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I’m excited for change.

I’m not excited to root for a team without a good QB. I remember what that was like.

can you feel the struggle within?