As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    That makes sense I guess, but can't they just drop it in your inventory or leave it in the crafting box like they do for the crafting bench?

If the recipe is 3 wisdom scrolls to get 6 chance orbs, and you stick a full stack of wisdom scrolls into the device, how will it give you the chance orbs?

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    scherbchen wrote: »
    Euphemon wrote: »
    scherbchen wrote: »
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Disclaimer: i did not invent/discover this, this was already known especially in the korean poe scene. i also do not know everything about these builds, i just did some brief research before respeccing into it.

The most recent jousis video came out showing off ward cwdt autobomber as a meme build but actually they're way, way more powerful than he demonstrated.

Ward CWDT builds were already really strong last league, then they got buffed this league. They're semi-meta so the pieces are kind of expensive, especially if you're going into mid budget variants (to say nothing of min/max) but if you are interested at all in autobomber builds, this is the league to play them before they're almost certainly nerfed. Really good as a second character, I just respecced into it. The mid budget variant I am doing costed me around 15ex but I crafted/rolled/linked everything except for the cluster jewels and the anti-corrupted blood jewel. It would cost ~10ex more than that if you just bought the gear straight out.

I highly, highly recommend it as a second build. It's the best build I've played since ritual, especially for the investment.

here are some of the links I looked at. do your own research, i am not comfortable with recommending any of them over the others, i don't have the knowledge of these specific variants and why they run the skills they do, and also the general strongest/most cost-effective version of this build could very likely not be any of these:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/qysilc/ward_cwdt_bullet_hell_occultist_mini_guide/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzr0tITsNk (i copied the cheaper version of this, the first PoB in the description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2eL_XqT0sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exn6-TUTb8E (the most budget version i've seen, but further investment as a scion will be very different to witch because of stuff like multiple perma-flasks with the right affixes on gear instead of doing ailment effect as elementalist/or scaling chaos or cold damage as occultist. you'd have to check poe.ninja builds to see what the best ways of scaling scion ward cwdt)

I don´t even know what not semi-meta currently is.

I only know that prices this league for items I want are insane, I am not making bank (to be fair I am probably the worst at getting currency in poe) and the new boss fights are exactly the kind I hate.

Which mean, usually, just re-roll :hushed: and keep going

My pob: https://pobb.in/fR9N19qqrUOo
    don't copy blindly, if anyone is interested in the build, they should check out the links in my previous post. There are a bunch of fiddly parts with it and you should be familiar with PoB and be willing to do some research and math to get stuff to work.

ok you were not kidding about not copying your build blindly. In my defense I learned a lot along the way and have now a bit better understood some mechanics I had not before. wasted some currency of course but it might have been a good investment down the line as far as learning the mechanics goes.

still a work in progress. I might still be figuring stuff out but minion duration is my next investment. missing 4% there.

Not quite sure of the mechanics once you get it to 100% and how beneficial an anomalous summon skeletons is at that point but that is a question for further down the line. going to have to redo some basic set pieces first and gain some more coin.

I have enjoyed figuring out the build though, fun. as I said, still a work in progress...

OK so yeah the build doesn't work unless you sync your CWDT cooldown and summon skeleton duration.

For the variation I did, that means you need at least 8% increased cooldown recovery speed (benchcraft on belt is good enough). You don't ever want 100% reduced skeleton duration, you want it to be exactly the same server tick as your CWDT cooldown. You can see these numbers in path of building. This is how I did it: since the first server tick breakpoint for CWDT cooldown is 8 to 26% increased cooldown recovery speed (ie. every number between those two, inclusive, is functionally identical) which takes you to .231, you need to get to ~99% reduced skeleton duration which is .231. You can do this by having EITHER 58% total reduced duration from your 3 from dust jewels (20, 20, 18, or whatever you want) and then link your anomalous minion speed (qual 20) for the 40% there for 98% total and link a less duration lvl1 qual 8 which will take you to about 99%. OR, you just have 59% reduced skeleton duration from your 3 from dusts (20, 20, 19) and anomalous minion speed (qual 20) for 99% total which is what I did. That saves you a gem socket which the build is very starved for. Since you'll have a CWDT cooldown of .231 and a summon skeleton duration of .231, that means every single time you summon skeleton, they'll die at the same time your CWDT comes off cooldown, which means it can trigger the summon skeleton, etc. Regardless of what variation you do, NO MATTER WHAT, you need to make sure your cwdt cooldown and summon skeletons end on the exactly same server tick. You need to use PoB for that. Go to calcs, select your summon skeleton socket group, then look at your skill cooldown vs skill duration under skill type-specific stats.

The idea is that you weapon swap to any random weapon crafted with essence of insanity (triggers summon spectral spirit) in your offhand. Those two spirits then die when you weapon swap back, which causes you to take damage from heartbound loop, which then starts your summon skeleton cwdt loop. Each summon skeleton loop triggers your forbidden rite cwdt, which causes you to take way more selfdamage (and gives you giga recoup), which triggers your weapon/body 6l cwdt. Your skeletons then die, which restarts the whole loop.

OTHER TIPS:

Getting your flasks to fully infinite flasks is a whole topic depending on a whole lot of things (your medium clusters, your belt mods, etc.) and a total shitshow. Suffice to say, no matter what, you need to have your Olroth's last for more than 10 seconds (10.1 is fine). That means it gets two ticks from The Traitor keystone from Balbala Brutal Restraint. Where you go from there then depends on everything else. PoB can help you calculate this but it's not 100% accurate for a lot of fringe cases (scion pathfinder ascendency, overflowing chalice, etc.). In my case, it's totally serviceable. Hover over your flask in PoB and it should tell your the uptime. If it's not 100%, no go. There are a lot of ways you can get 100% uptime but I'm not comfortable enough with the topic to say anything except that my setup works. You basically have to have either enough reduced flask charges used or increased flask charge recovery (or a balance) to have perma uptime with 2 ticks of The Traitor (and whatever sources of flask gain you have, like the 1 charge per 3 seconds mastery on the tree).

You also need to look to make sure that you actually take enough damage from the qualitied up heartbound loop and forbidden rite to trigger your two 6l CWDT EVERY COOLDOWN, which means you have to do some math to balance out your hp (forbidden rite selfdamage depends on your hp) and your chaos res (scales your selfdamage from forbidden rite). Otherwise you're doing literally half damage because your cwdt isn't triggering every loop. It's non-trivial to take enough damage to trigger the level 20 (or higher) CWDT which is why you need divergent cwdt (expensive). If you don't have it, you need to downlevel your cwdt and associated gems in your chest/staff.

You also can't have much (IF ANY) armor or your heartbound loop damage doesn't trigger your skeleton CWDT. Your heartbound loop also needs to be physical qualitied with catalysts so it does 420 damage per skeleton.

Anomalous summon skeleton just makes sure they can't die before the duration runs out. If you don't have it, they sometimes die in really juiced maps which breaks your loop. But it's not COMPLETELY INTEGRAL like a lot of other parts of the build are.

To craft the ward gear, dense fossil spam on the ward stuff until you have a really high ward number, then fill your suffixes with eldritch exalt, then spam eldritch chaos. Eldritch chaos doesn't work like any other crafting method, it guarantees the same number of affixes as it is rerolling. So you can get absurd triple res ward gear easily because you get 3 suffixes every try.

To get your proper dps in PoB, in the configuration menu, under custom modifiers, put in culling strike (to simulate forbidden rite culling strike support link), and 300% increased cast speed (can be any large number, the point is to make sure PoB calculates your dps based on your CWDT, not your cast speed. PoB will always take the slower of the two, but you never cast and only use CWDT.)

My current PoB:
    https://pobb.in/4nnYW_cEG_jX
    Basically just recrafted the suffixes of my ward gear so I have enough reses to run Annihilating Light, which is infinite giga dps. Cane of Kulemak gives you enough dps anyway but sometimes you want the numbers on PoB to go past 30million, so...Some minor stuff like getting enchants (helm enchant is actually a lot more dps, that's where the "shock" in pob comes from, but it doesn't acutally matter when you already do 30+ mil dps, or 15 mill for that matter) etc. etc., but none of it meaningfully changes the build.

I found this objectively better version of the archetype that I would have gone for if I had known about earlier:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBIWlU-RiE&feature=emb_title
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/sx2ema/ward_cwdt_ascendant_autobomber_endgame_showcase/
    Obviously the endgame min/maxed version costs much more, but you can get it started at the cheaper cost as long as you make sure the fiddly bits are right (duration vs cooldown, cwdt thresholds, perma flask, etc.)

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Why can't they drop stuff on the floor in hideouts?
    I'd like to make animated guardians in the privacy of my own home.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited February 2022
    They seem to be based on the town instances, so probably need to follow all of the same rules with the special hideout placement just stacked on top.

Plus, if you could drop items in your hideout people would probably complain the items disappear and they can't use it like an open air stash.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    They seem to be based on the town instances, so probably need to follow all of the same rules with the special hideout placement just stacked on top.

Plus, if you could drop items in your hideout people would probably complain the items disappear and they can't use it like an open air stash.

Hideouts are between a town and a zone, in that you can't drop items on the ground, but you can use skills in your hideout (which you can't do in town). There are several reasons you can't drop items in the hideout:

1) They were concerned both about someone accidentally dropping an item and losing it when the instance disappears.
    2) Because they didn't want folks showing up and dumping a ton of wisdom scrolls, 1 at a time, to fill up a hideout.
    3) Because they are concerned someone would find an exploit involving dropping items on the ground and interacting with the stash to dupe items.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »
    Does anyone have the 'Great Migratation' atlas passive whom can confirm its working? I've done like 20 Einhar missions and it hasn't procced yet, which still could just be unluckiness but I'd like to know for sure.

Probably a little late on this, but I took it and just had 21 beasts in a map to get rid of that one challenge step.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well maybe the solution could be to stick the horticrafting table in every zone? Waiting to use crafts until you get the grove to show up sucks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Bottled Faith on my first Cortex of the league, deathless.

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Well maybe the solution could be to stick the horticrafting table in every zone? Waiting to use crafts until you get the grove to show up sucks.

Doesn't need to be in every zone, just somewhere that can drop items on the floor. Tane's laboratory or something.

Anyway, the actual solution is Kirac missions. He has "find the Harvest" missions reasonably often, and his rerolls are pretty cheap.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    So I got an Inspired Learning pretty quickly when I started playing in the league, I've been fiddling with a few builds to try and make it work and finally got a shadow trapper build that's absolutely wrecking with it. I just wish there was a way to extend buff from it a bit.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Got an Enlighten and a 12-passive minion cluster from Simulacrum (got to wave 25 and then I started getting vaporized). I keep on forgetting that pure probabilistics means that as long as you stick to it, those valuable drops come in over time.

Switched out my claw for a Gemini Claw so I don't have to worry about mana, and got Mark of the Elder and a decent Shaper ring. Damage is going places.

Absalon on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Got an Enlighten and a 12-passive minion cluster from Simulacrum (got to wave 25 and then I started getting vaporized). I keep on forgetting that pure probabilistics means that as long as you stick to it, those valuable drops come in over time.

Switched out my claw for a Gemini Claw so I don't have to worry about mana, and got Mark of the Elder and a decent Shaper ring. Damage is going places.

is a 12 passive minion cluster good? I'm used to thinking the ones with fewer nodes are better.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    For some minion builds, large clusters with 12 passives are apparently the most efficient way to get minion damage, as long as said nodes also have resistances and attributes and/or life. If you also roll 35 % increased effect, you start approaching Headhunter prices.
    Otherwise, fewer passives are better, but don't forget that 5 node-mediums are basically the same as 4-nodes.

Absalon on
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    10 or 11 clusters are basically always worthless and should be used in the 5-to-1 vendor recipe to try to get a good one.

Minion clusters with 2 notables can still be worth multiple ex even though they're "not good". Same with in-meta builds that want specific rare notables, especially in combination with each other (blanketed snow + whatever, etc.)

Crystalized Omniscience builds love 12-clusters too because they can roll stats+stats+25/35% inc effect for obscene prices. Having said that, it's incredibly unlikely to drop one of those naturally, you'd have to craft it, and that means bases for those are cheap.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    I am terrible at crafting, but I managed to make this with all stuff I found. I'm pretty excited!

d0cbu6jlvc63.png

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2022
    "Hm, Secrets of Suffering would let me do even more Exposure but The Interrogation is almost 9 exalts.
    Kosis: "Someone called for Santa?"

Made it to wave 30 of simulacrum and then got got by Kosis, which has to indicate some level of build power.

Absalon on
  • Options
    For some minion builds, large clusters with 12 passives are apparently the most efficient way to get minion damage, as long as said nodes also have resistances and attributes and/or life. If you also roll 35 % increased effect, you start approaching Headhunter prices.
    Otherwise, fewer passives are better, but don't forget that 5 node-mediums are basically the same as 4-nodes.

Some minion builds, like spiders, use 12 mod clusters, but they have to be ilvl 84 or higher. The 35% increased effectiveness mod only rolls at that level. After that, you want to roll 3% increased attack and cast speed (which becomes 4% per node after the boost). Best third mod is T1 life, and best 4th is generally chaos res or life regen.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    They make weird changes to the trade site.
    If anyone else is looking for an influence item its not a drop down anymore unless its one of the new ones, now its over on the right where you have to type it in.

Why?

Also after easily crushing the synthesis bosses I was a bit surprised that they 6 portaled me for the maven's invitation. One of them basically made the entire arena a void zone.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    h2wgjvzbqkck.png
    Yo?

• Options
    h2wgjvzbqkck.png
    Yo?

I dunno, what build is gonna use attacks, cast speed, *and* traps?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Just love those days where you don't think something all the way through and wreck a perfectly good piece of gear...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    What is this thing in delve where a large dome appears on the screen and then your life just drains out? I try using potions but the life drain is higher than my life potion. Would smashing alt+F4 save me when I see it?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    What is this thing in delve where a large dome appears on the screen and then your life just drains out? I try using potions but the life drain is higher than my life potion. Would smashing alt+F4 save me when I see it?

Those are fired by the lion things, if you're far away they're easy to dodge but if you're point blank they are pretty much unavoidable. Not sure if alt-F4 would save you, but high phys mitigation and 100% spell suppression lets my character walk through them at depths of 250ish. Realized that finding out specific mob info is a pain for POE.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, is that the end result of those huge incredibly slow moving projectiles they shoot? They can just fire them point blank? That's obnoxious.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    A flask that removes ignites might help, I think they almost always cause an ignite when they hit.

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    A flask that removes ignites might help, I think they almost always cause an ignite when they hit.

I also believe their DoT is an ignite.

• Options
    So I finally figured out how to beat the maven, although I don't think I can ever do it deathless. In the last round where the brain is spinning the lasers and there are the debuff zones I can't even see what sectors she is highlighting let alone remember the order. Never thought I'd find a fight I disliked more than Sirus. At least she doesn't kill my animated guardian like Sirus does.

The new end bosses seem more than fair. Hunger could definitely use some signposting on what you are supposed to do.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    At this point, it seems like if you want to make currency you just have to go HAM on maps/hr and hope for raw drops? I kind of dropped off for a while, but now I'm getting back and I was hoping to get the last couple of items for the league, but ofc the bow is like 10ex at this point.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    At this point, it seems like if you want to make currency you just have to go HAM on maps/hr and hope for raw drops? I kind of dropped off for a while, but now I'm getting back and I was hoping to get the last couple of items for the league, but ofc the bow is like 10ex at this point.

Eh, most stuff still works. If you have extra Alva missions, you can grab the two relevant nodes, run Incursion, pick up a T3 sacrifice room, and get nearly 2ex. Essences are good; you can get multiple chaos from nearly any essence monster. And if you were doing stuff earlier in the league, you probably have some value in your stash tabs somewhere. Check logbooks, expedition currency, and blueprints in particular, as they are hidden outside of your stash.

• Options

Eh, most stuff still works. If you have extra Alva missions, you can grab the two relevant nodes, run Incursion, pick up a T3 sacrifice room, and get nearly 2ex. Essences are good; you can get multiple chaos from nearly any essence monster. And if you were doing stuff earlier in the league, you probably have some value in your stash tabs somewhere. Check logbooks, expedition currency, and blueprints in particular, as they are hidden outside of your stash.

How are people getting value out of Sacrifice rooms? It's one of the things I've never really managed to wrap my head around.

• Options
    There are three sacrifice rooms:

1) Apex of Ascension - Tier 3 allows you to sacrifice a unique for another unique of the same equipment slot (e.g. belts for HH/MB chance) OR to upgrade a Temple unique with the appropriate vial. The later is a challenge this league.
    2) Locus of Corruption - Tier 3 allows you to corrupt the item with improved effects. These range from adding two vaal implicits, all white sockets, corrupting to an influenced rare, or destroying the item. 25% chance of each.
    3) Doryani's Institute - Tier 3 allows you to corrupt the item with improved effects. Essentially, the gem is corrupted twice with the usual outcomes. +1 or -1 level, +3% quality or minus 1-10%, make into a vaal gem, or do nothing.

So like, if you use Divergent Righteous Fire, which has the alt quality of improving spell damage, you can't normally get a Vaal Divergent Righteous Fire. Corrupting with a vaal or is a 1/8 chance. Corrupting in the temple has better chances and is the only way to get a 21/20 or 20/23 VDRF.

• Options
    I beat the feared. Only two deaths where an off screen shaper beamed me. Not bad. Is the forgotten supposed to be harder?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Also what do these character effect microtransactions from the challenges actually do? I can't seem to see them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    The forgotten is the only one I haven’t done, but Feared is supposed to be the hardest. Assuming Forgotten scales the bosses like Hidden, it is harder than otherwise expected though.

And you can select the micro transactions by slot from the Cosmetic tab on the top right of your inventory screen. I think character effect is toward the lower middle of the slots.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    forgotten just paints the floor with degens. Unexpected since the boss fights are so brief in their maps.

I have equipped the transactions, but I don't see a change.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ah… they trail behind you as you walk, which may not necessarily be noticeable depending on what else you have active. Like I was using the cold effect but never really saw it that much with stacked auras and constant vortexes.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options

How are people getting value out of Sacrifice rooms? It's one of the things I've never really managed to wrap my head around.

They double-corrupt high-end unique items in the hopes of getting a jackpot.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    https://www.pathofexile.com/sentinel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZqjpVjCcdM
    "We're going to try something new with character balance in this expansion. We're intentionally making no changes to character power. That means no nerfs, no buffs, nothing. Every single build and build guide made for Siege of the Atlas will work exactly the same in Sentinel. You can start planning your league starter right now, with full confidence about exactly how it's going to play. "

evilmrhenry on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    yeah an endgame focused league with zero mechanical changes is a skip for me but thats fine

nothing to explore

controller on pc is nice tho

revamp to rares/magics nice makes that less boring

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    whoever made the double-corrupted ngamahu's flame div card in the next league.........thank you for your service o7