As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I mean he could end up in Buffalo

They already have their great white hope Knitdan!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Backup QB on a Super Bowl contender might literally be the best job on the planet.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Jimmy G certainly is a testament to that

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    Chad Henne has thrown 59 passes and made 20 million dollars since 2015. It's an incredible job. And he has a Super Bowl ring.

Backup QB on a Super Bowl contender might literally be the best job on the planet.

Oh are the chiefs looking for a back up?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I’m totally down for Minshew in the rebuild year. Let’s do it.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Jimmy G certainly is a testament to that

Jimmy G looked good enough to get traded and a real contract, which was a mistake.

For him, I mean. He could’ve made a perfectly fine amount of money without lifelong pain from injuries.

admanb on
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Also there are far worse cities for a QB to live in than the Seattle area.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

That probably depends on the QB. Pretty sure Rogers or Allen would hate it here.

• lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

That probably depends on the QB. Pretty sure Rogers or Allen would hate it here.

Rodgers is a California boy, I think he would find Seattle a nice upgrade over being stuck in Green Bay during the season.

I would download a car.
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Chad Henne has thrown 59 passes and made 20 million dollars since 2015. It's an incredible job. And he has a Super Bowl ring.

Okay this is my favorite stat in recent memory

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Oh I heard it was QB lists time

Lock
    Far rap lol/Lance (?)
    Murray
    Stafford
    Goff (?)
    Cousins (?)
    Fields
    Rodgers
    Darnold (?)
    Gabbert (?)
    Corny Jameis
    Ryan
    Jones
    Wentz
    Hurts
    Prescott

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Lock
    Far rap lol/Lance (?)
    Murray
    Stafford
    Goff (?)
    Cousins (?)
    Fields
    Rodgers
    Darnold (?)
    Gabbert (?)
    Corny Jameis
    Ryan
    Jones
    Wentz
    Hurts
    Prescott

I really need to know the order you decided to put that in, that has Stafford fourth, Cousins sixth, Rodgers eighth, and Prescott sixteenth.

Explain your math!

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »

Rodgers is a California boy, I think he would find Seattle a nice upgrade over being stuck in Green Bay during the season.

More that the population would make their life hell any time they set foot in public for their shit ass views.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Are we making lists. I'll make a list. A tier list.

Best QBs
    Patrick Mahomes
    Josh Allan

Great QBs
    Lamar Jackson
    Aaron Rodgers
    Dak Prescot
    Mathew Stafford
    Joe Burrow

Pretty good QBs
    Justin Herbert
    Kyle Murray
    Derek Carr
    Russell Wilson
    DeShaun Watson

Everyone else
    Scrub Tier

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I think that, even despite what a dipshit he is, you need to have Rodgers in the “best QB’s” tier.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    I think that, even despite what a dipshit he is, you need to have Rodgers in the “best QB’s” tier.
    I think he's getting old.
    Would you rather have Josh Allan or Aaron Rogers? Would you rather have Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rogers?

And I think in both of those cases your saying I'd rather have Josh Allan or Patrick Mahomes. No brainer.

But if I said would you rather have Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rogers? That's a discussion. If Aaron Rogers is on the Best QB list, I would say he's 3rd.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    It definitely feels like we’re treating Rodgers like Brady, talkin bout “he’s getting old” as he continues to play like one of the two best players in the NFL, posts bonkers efficiency stats, and moonwalks to a deep playoff run every year

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I think he's getting old.
    Would you rather have Josh Allan or Aaron Rogers? Would you rather have Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rogers?

And I think in both of those cases your saying I'd rather have Josh Allan or Patrick Mahomes. No brainer.

But if I said would you rather have Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rogers? That's a discussion. If Aaron Rogers is on the Best QB list, I would say he's 3rd.

I think this is probably the year we really find out about Rodgers' longevity. His numbers have been slipping some lately, but haven't really fallen in a way that would indicate that he himself is past it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

It definitely feels like we’re treating Rodgers like Brady, talkin bout “he’s getting old” as he continues to play like one of the two best players in the NFL, posts bonkers efficiency stats, and moonwalks to a deep playoff run every year

Yep. Even if you think Brady should have won on performance, or Rodgers should have lost for being a dipshit re vaccines, he was definitely at least in the mix for MVP. Now, if you want to get into whether QB's should be as favored for that award or not, I'm open to it, but based on the metrics for QB's he definitely qualified.

It's simply too hard to compare things that have such huge swings of variation, especially if you're comparing salaries at almost 10:1 (Rodgers vs Herbert), and longevity in a career that with one exception, ends at 40, and others are almost half his age.

Whether I'd take Rodgers over everyone else in that "Great QBs" category, it depends. Are you talking straight up, no contracts involved, pick one for the year? Then absolutely, without a doubt. If you're talking contracts, or long term, fine, maybe not. But then I would shift Prescott and Stafford down a bracket (they're no scrubs, but their talent isn't equivalent to their compensation for them to be a great value) and shift Herbert up.

Rodgers also gets to play in the NFC North so he's defaulted a 7 win season

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

Lock
    Far rap lol/Lance (?)
    Murray
    Stafford
    Goff (?)
    Cousins (?)
    Fields
    Rodgers
    Darnold (?)
    Gabbert (?)
    Corny Jameis
    Ryan
    Jones
    Wentz
    Hurts
    Prescott

I really need to know the order you decided to put that in, that has Stafford fourth, Cousins sixth, Rodgers eighth, and Prescott sixteenth.

Explain your math!

Organized by division

The Bears traded Khalil Mack to the Chargers and I am sad.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular

Found Derek Carr's burner account

I'd be happier if the Bears didn't suck, but one of the most frustrating things is seeing top talent languish on a team that's not going anywhere.

Sure, I still expect the Chargers to Charge-Errr*, but at least they've got the talent, if not the follow-through, to at least give them a chance.

* Hey, I figured the Bengals would Bungle, but I'll admit they surprised me, and despite not getting the ring, showed they weren't a joke of a franchise. With Herbert, I don't expect it to happen, but can't write off the possibility, of a deep playoff run. Whereas the Bears, not for another five years at least, probably more.

Pellaeon wrote: »

Found Derek Carr's burner account

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I'm more upset about the return than the fact that Mack is gone. It would have been a waste of cap space to force a 3-4 backer to play 4-3 end. I thought they could have gotten 2 picks this year instead of 1 coming next year, but I'm not gonna sweat 6th rounders too hard.

Crazy part about all this. I played there for 10 years & I didn’t even hear it from them that I wasn’t coming back.

Man that's some fucking cheap bullshit. I don't give a fuck if it got leaked before you could tell him, that people knew before the player and leaked it is a failing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Buck/Aikman your MNF booth officially.

Also grand jury did not indict Watson in Houston.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Adam Schefter tweets his whole ass:
    This why Deshaun Watson, from the beginning, welcomed a police investigation: He felt he knew that the truth would come out. And today, a grand jury did not charge him on any of the criminal complaints.

Then tries to pull up his pants:
    This was a poorly worded tweet that deserves a proper response. It was intended to provide insight into the strategy of Watson’s legal team from its POV. I should have been clearer. As legal experts have explained, a lack of an indictment alone does not mean someone is innocent.

Houston fails to indict ham sandwich. Thus, if the sandwich doesn't fit, you must acquit.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Schefter is so far up the league's collective ass that I'm surprised he finds air to breathe.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg

I've decided to believe Joe Buck is actually just his character in Brockmire, so I'm okay with that.

I think I'm the only Bears fan in this thread and Mack deserves better. Good for him.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Stephen A Smith wants the Steelers to make a play for Watson.

I mean, there's ... you know, similarities

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac

"What information did the grand jury consider? Proceedings are secret but two people with direct knowledge say several of the complainants were in a waiting room & ready to provide testimony, but only one was called in front of the grand jury:"
    - Jenny Vrentas writes for NYT, formerly SI, where she did some well thought out reporting on this case.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with Watson, and whichever team he goes to, or any that actively try and recruit him. I hope they pay the world (cause there's no chance the Texans can actually do anything regardless the price paid, cause they're still the Texans), and he blows out his knee in the first game.

While yes, the ham sandwich analogy is appropriate, it works both ways. A case can be so baseless it can't pass the threshold for indictment. It's also at least as possible that a prosecutor tank a grand jury case because while they've got enough to indict, they might not have enough to convict, and unlike less high-profile cases, failing to indict after a grand jury said sure, would be a massive clusterfuck.

I don't know what happened for sure. But given the shit women go through for accusations, I doubt very much that 22 decided "Sure, I'll take all the bullshit that's coming my way.". So I'll believe them.

I mean this is like the Breonna Taylor grand jury, the prosecutor didn't want an indictment and didn't get one.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    I mean this is like the Breonna Taylor grand jury, the prosecutor didn't want an indictment and didn't get one.

But had to go through the motions, because there was too much publicity around the case to just fail to do so.

MegaMan001 wrote: »

I've decided to believe Joe Buck is actually just his character in Brockmire, so I'm okay with that.

I think I'm the only Bears fan in this thread and Mack deserves better. Good for him.

You are not the only Bears fan here

MegaMan001 wrote: »

You are not the only Bears fan here

How many of us sad souls are there?

Hopefully Defector gets the real story on Watson.

edited March 2022
    So, Amari to the Browns?

"Source: The #Browns are trading for #Cowboys WR Amari Cooper."
    "It’s a 5th rounder going to Dallas and the two teams are swapping 6 rounders."
    Tweet - Ian Rapoport

He's still got three years, at $20M/y.

Seeing a lot of people saying the Cowboys got fleeced, and if you just look at the draft picks, maybe. But the contract isn't particularly great for the Browns.

Cooper is the second highest paid WR this year (Davonte slightly above, Godwin slightly below), and will probably be up there for the next couple years. While I don't think he's garbage, I also think there's a number of WR's that are a higher value.

I mean, Kupp is being paid just under $15M. Diggs and Thielen in the $12M range. Contract fuckery puts Lockett in the same category.

Do I think Cooper is good? Sure. Do I think he's worth 30+% more than any of those? Definitely not.

EDIT - And apparently the news has Jarvis Landry requesting a trade.

"Following the Amari Cooper trade agreement, #Browns WR Jarvis Landry has permission to seek a trade, according to sources."
    "Jarvis Landry and his camp are open to remaining with the #Browns, though it wouldn’t be at the $15 million he’s currently scheduled to earn. The sides are trying to figure out if staying is possible, though it’s likely he’s played his last down with Cleveland."
    Tweet - Mike Garafolo

I'm not sure Landry isn't a better choice, so basically, the Browns looks like they've at best lateral moved, depending on what they can get for Landry.

MorganV on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Last i heard Dallas was going to cut him. So i guess getting something for him was better.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45