As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Profit taker is more annoying, but you can do multiple runs if it in the time it takes to do even a single phase of exploiter. And the match making actually works

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Devstream was today

Angels of Zariman has
    - A complete focus tree rework
    - Rework of operator mechanics, like jumping now looks like a charge and hold mechanic to determine how far you jump, and you seem to gain momentum from the jump. Operators can now melee to automatically switch into warframe for executions and QoL stuff like that. Removal of the added energy drain for certain tree perks, and some effects to abilities (I think operators have abilities like warframes now?)
    - Social hub + player housing
    - A skin system where new skins (I don't think old) can have materials picked for each color, leading to shiny metal bits etc.
    - Three new game modes
    - Eximus rework
    - New zaw grip for 2h scythes (I'm never gonna get a sparring zaw) and a new stance that's sick.
    - Zariman comes with syndicate and a series of weapons that evolve over the course of the mission? Also you can pick perks for them to get procs and stuff.
    - I guess the augment changes are coming at some point.

Lots of other shit I'm probably forgetting because it was a lot. Release date is projected for April, which is later than I'd like, but for the amount of shit going on makes sense. People are worried about Zenurik and tbh I hope they finally rip the bandaid off.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Zenurik's regen field? Yeah, rip that bandaid off and let people just eat more pizzas.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Kill pizzas, too.

2022 Make Energy Great Again

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    yeah I'd prefer the energy system get a revamp than fixing one method with another "just use a consumeable"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    me, who farmed arcane energize years ago:

https://youtu.be/0mRPTrWHHKQ

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    yeah I'd prefer the energy system get a revamp than fixing one method with another "just use a consumeable"

I mean you can also just play Trinity and laugh behind infinite energy and massive healing/damage reduction as you just unload your guns into anything that moves.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I mean you can also just play Trinity and laugh behind infinite energy and massive healing/damage reduction as you just unload your guns into anything that moves.

Or helminth on dispensary

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    In addition to Zenurik, my default loadout uses Arcane Energize, a pistol with Energizing Shot, a zaw with Exodia Brave, and an Energy Generator Dethcube. Even if Zenurik gets nerfed super hard, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

I main Harrow, who has one of the best energy regen abilities in the game. I helminth'd it off of him because I had so much energy regen already that I hardly ever used it.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Dac wrote: »
    Devstream was today

Angels of Zariman has
    - A complete focus tree rework
    - Rework of operator mechanics, like jumping now looks like a charge and hold mechanic to determine how far you jump, and you seem to gain momentum from the jump. Operators can now melee to automatically switch into warframe for executions and QoL stuff like that. Removal of the added energy drain for certain tree perks, and some effects to abilities (I think operators have abilities like warframes now?)
    - Social hub + player housing
    - A skin system where new skins (I don't think old) can have materials picked for each color, leading to shiny metal bits etc.
    - Three new game modes
    - Eximus rework
    - New zaw grip for 2h scythes (I'm never gonna get a sparring zaw) and a new stance that's sick.
    - Zariman comes with syndicate and a series of weapons that evolve over the course of the mission? Also you can pick perks for them to get procs and stuff.
    - I guess the augment changes are coming at some point.

Lots of other shit I'm probably forgetting because it was a lot. Release date is projected for April, which is later than I'd like, but for the amount of shit going on makes sense. People are worried about Zenurik and tbh I hope they finally rip the bandaid off.

That skin system change is worth everything, I am so happy. I am also however very afraid that your description of operator jumping is actually a rework of void dash which my entire existence revolves around. That would be so very crushing if it got the blink nerf.

EDIT: I'm not going to look it up, I'm going to live deep inside my happy place until the dev rework equivalent of a giant asteroid turns my enjoyment of the game into chicxulub crater

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    from what they showed of the new void dash, the movement still looks like it'll perform the same, but better.
    of course, we wont know until we can feel it in play, but i'm not worried based on watching reb zip around the map of the new game mode.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    Like instead of a binary 'you jump this far on input' it seems like the amount of distance you dash is now correlated to the amount of time you charged it. So it's a little slower to activate, in exchange for greater flexibility.

Also you seem to maintain momentum on leaving the dash, so it looks like you'll be able to slingshot your operator around (I wonder if this'll lead to flying operators - if you angle up, how high do you have to go to be able to recharge your jump energy enough to just maintain it indefinitely).

DE says there'll be a functionality in there for people that just want to BOOMPH BOOMPH BOOMPH rapidash.

Forums are as usual losing their fucking minds and suddenly everyone was always personally attached to how dashing works now and how dare you etc. etc.

• Options
    Like instead of a binary 'you jump this far on input' it seems like the amount of distance you dash is now correlated to the amount of time you charged it. So it's a little slower to activate, in exchange for greater flexibility.

Also you seem to maintain momentum on leaving the dash, so it looks like you'll be able to slingshot your operator around (I wonder if this'll lead to flying operators - if you angle up, how high do you have to go to be able to recharge your jump energy enough to just maintain it indefinitely).

DE says there'll be a functionality in there for people that just want to BOOMPH BOOMPH BOOMPH rapidash.

Forums are as usual losing their fucking minds and suddenly everyone was always personally attached to how dashing works now and how dare you etc. etc.

Slower to activate feels like it invalidates what I use it for. Rapid dash, while rapid, probably won't have the same distance. Unless the power consumption is based on distance rather than activation cost, I have very little hope it's not actually a nerf. Oh well, back to my happy place.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    maybe the slight delay to the dash casting will be offset by the immediacy of it being client-side now.
    iunno, looking forward to testing it out. everything looks promising and i really like the idea of instant melee back into the warframe from the dash.
    makes it feel more like the cool cut-scenes

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    So what ended up being the max level for Nightwave? I know I missed a bunch of ranks, but I think not so many that the real cap would have reached the theoretical maximum.

If it turns out that now Nightwave effectively has no hard cap where you can just reach it and be done until the next season, then that's kind of demoralizing. I prefer having reachable objectives over an extra potato or two.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The only cap is running out of unique rewards and just getting a pittance of credits for potatoes or whatever each level, yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    ...I think it's about time for me to reinstall.

Haven't played in, uh, 27 months?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

Slower to activate feels like it invalidates what I use it for. Rapid dash, while rapid, probably won't have the same distance. Unless the power consumption is based on distance rather than activation cost, I have very little hope it's not actually a nerf. Oh well, back to my happy place.

A little too early to make any judgments. I remember people were acting in a similar way about the removal of coptering, how bullet jumping was an awful slower replacement, etc.

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

A little too early to make any judgments. I remember people were acting in a similar way about the removal of coptering, how bullet jumping was an awful slower replacement, etc.

That's true, and it is too early to make any judgments, but I was never one of those people. My particular use of void dash is dependent on its distance and instantaneous use though. This seems like a change for the worse for my particular use case but the worlds not ending just yet.

• Options
    The only cap is running out of unique rewards and just getting a pittance of credits for potatoes or whatever each level, yeah

The annoying thing is that there actually is a hard cap, which I managed to hit for every season except for the first one, where all of the challenges were miserable and unrecoverable. It looks like it's just unreachable this time around.

• Options
    So Nora's Mix went live today and among the changes to Garuda and stuff there's the first round of augment changes
    WARFRAME AUGMENT BUFFS
    As mentioned in our last Devstream, we set out to buff a selection of Augments that were underused according to our statistics. Our goal is to bring these Augments up to speed, and align them with our more popular Augments. The buffs below are merely additions onto what already exists in the game. This won’t be our only batch, so expect to see more Augment changes in the future!

Ash: Smoke Shadow:
    Before: Conceals allies within 15m for 8s.
    New: Added +150% Critical Hit Chance buff while the player is in stealth.

Atlas: Titanic Rumbler
    Before: Create a single rumbler with 300% health and 300% damage.
    New: Rumbler now has 300% health and 400% damage, with 300% more range to hit multiple enemies with its melee attack.

Baruuk: Endless Lullaby
    Before: Performing a finisher on a sleeping enemy would retrigger Lull for 100% of the remaining duration.
    New: In addition to finishers, Lull’s refill duration now triggers when a sleeping enemy is directly killed (does not trigger on assists). Can now only be triggered once per 3 seconds.

Excalibur: Furious Javelin
    Before: Each enemy hit would increase Excalibur’s Melee Damage by 10% for 16s
    New: Melee damage is now increased to 15% at maximum Rank.

Excalibur: Surging Dash
    Before: Each enemy hit during Slash Dash further increases your melee counter by 4.
    New: Doubled Melee Combo gained from Surging Dash.

Gara: Mending Splinters
    Before: For each target affected, Splinter Storm heals 3 Health per second.
    New: Heal rate has been increased to 15 Health per second per target affected.

Garuda: Dread Ward
    Before: Become unkillable for 5 seconds when Dread Mirror kills a target by ripping its life force.
    New: The invulnerability duration has been increased to 8 seconds. Dread Ward also has new visual feedback when casted.

Harrow: Warding Thurible
    Before: Allies in range take 40% less damage while channeling Thurible, and grant 0.5 additional energy charge whenever damaged.
    New: Allies will now take 50% less damage, and are granted 1 Energy when damaged.

Harrow: Tribunal
    Before: Other players will proc 50% of the effects of Penance and Thurible when attacking chained enemies.
    New: Allies now proc 100% of the effects.

Chroma: Guided Effigy
    Before: Cast and hold to make Effigy move to your aim point. Deals 2000 damage per second to enemies in its path and roars on arrival stunning nearby enemies.
    New: Now deals double the damage and restores 5 Energy for each enemy in its path. Also improved the responsiveness of Effigy when turning/moving.

Hydroid: Corroding Barrage
    Before: Each projectile has a 100% chance of inflicting a Corrosive status effect.
    New: Tempest Barrage gains 100% Ability Strength.

Hydroid: Curative Undertow
    Before: Allies can stand in the pool to regain 30% health every 1.5 seconds, increasing the energy drain on Hydroid per ally.
    New: The energy drain to heal allies has been removed, and the Augment’s description has been updated to indicate that Hydroid will restore 10% Health (this was always an effect, it was just not indicated in the description).

Hydroid: Tidal Impunity
    Before: Clears Status Effects and grants 12 seconds of Status Immunity for yourself and allies that come in contact with Tidal Surge.
    New: Reduced Tidal Surge’s Energy cost from 25 to 15.

Inaros: Desiccation's Curse
    Before: Killing a blinded enemy with a finisher has a 75% chance of summoning a Sand Shadow.
    *New: Killing a blinded enemy with a finisher now has a 100% chance of summoning a Sand Shadow. Increased Sand Shadows damage by double.

Inaros: Elemental Sandstorm
    Before: Sandstorm has a 50% chance of inflicting Status Effects based on the damage types and mods on equipped melee weapon.
    New: Sandstorm now has a 100% chance of inflicting Status Effects. As well, Sandstorm receives a 50% increase to range.

Limbo: Rift Haven
    Before: Allies banished to the rift will have 25% of their Maximum Health restored.
    New: Allies banished to the rift will have 25% of their Maximum Health restored every second.

Some of these, like Ash, are cool. Others are just kind of 'sigh' - but that was inevitable given that they said they weren't touching the already existing mechanics. Harrow's augment buffs, for instance, are kind of whatever - Tribunal's 50% was already more than good enough. Hydroid's Corroding Barrage likely won't ever be good until Corrosive is reworked or it's changed to an armor strip. Elemental Sandstorm is still kind of bad because Sandstorm itself is bad and has a habit of throwing enemies out of your range, and actually can't pick up targets at a lower elevation than you which feels like a bug and has been in the game roughly forever.

Some people have weird takes, though. People saying Furious Javelin is bad, I don't understand.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Finally got my hands on Korrudo (while grinding stuff for Caliban). Good thing Breath of the Eidolon is a common drop (so spending 5 only set me back a single run).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    So Nora's Mix went live today and among the changes to Garuda and stuff there's the first round of augment changes
    WARFRAME AUGMENT BUFFS
    As mentioned in our last Devstream, we set out to buff a selection of Augments that were underused according to our statistics. Our goal is to bring these Augments up to speed, and align them with our more popular Augments. The buffs below are merely additions onto what already exists in the game. This won’t be our only batch, so expect to see more Augment changes in the future!

New: Rumbler now has 300% health and 400% damage, with 300% more range to hit multiple enemies with its melee attack.

Before: Performing a finisher on a sleeping enemy would retrigger Lull for 100% of the remaining duration.
    New: In addition to finishers, Lull’s refill duration now triggers when a sleeping enemy is directly killed (does not trigger on assists). Can now only be triggered once per 3 seconds.

Before: Each enemy hit during Slash Dash further increases your melee counter by 4.

Before: Become unkillable for 5 seconds when Dread Mirror kills a target by ripping its life force.
    New: The invulnerability duration has been increased to 8 seconds. Dread Ward also has new visual feedback when casted.

Before: Allies in range take 40% less damage while channeling Thurible, and grant 0.5 additional energy charge whenever damaged.
    New: Allies will now take 50% less damage, and are granted 1 Energy when damaged.

Before: Other players will proc 50% of the effects of Penance and Thurible when attacking chained enemies.

Before: Cast and hold to make Effigy move to your aim point. Deals 2000 damage per second to enemies in its path and roars on arrival stunning nearby enemies.
    New: Now deals double the damage and restores 5 Energy for each enemy in its path. Also improved the responsiveness of Effigy when turning/moving.

Before: Each projectile has a 100% chance of inflicting a Corrosive status effect.

Before: Allies can stand in the pool to regain 30% health every 1.5 seconds, increasing the energy drain on Hydroid per ally.
    New: The energy drain to heal allies has been removed, and the Augment’s description has been updated to indicate that Hydroid will restore 10% Health (this was always an effect, it was just not indicated in the description).

Before: Clears Status Effects and grants 12 seconds of Status Immunity for yourself and allies that come in contact with Tidal Surge.

Before: Killing a blinded enemy with a finisher has a 75% chance of summoning a Sand Shadow.
    *New: Killing a blinded enemy with a finisher now has a 100% chance of summoning a Sand Shadow. Increased Sand Shadows damage by double.

Before: Sandstorm has a 50% chance of inflicting Status Effects based on the damage types and mods on equipped melee weapon.
    New: Sandstorm now has a 100% chance of inflicting Status Effects. As well, Sandstorm receives a 50% increase to range.

Before: Allies banished to the rift will have 25% of their Maximum Health restored.
    New: Allies banished to the rift will have 25% of their Maximum Health restored every second.

Some of these, like Ash, are cool. Others are just kind of 'sigh' - but that was inevitable given that they said they weren't touching the already existing mechanics. Harrow's augment buffs, for instance, are kind of whatever - Tribunal's 50% was already more than good enough. Hydroid's Corroding Barrage likely won't ever be good until Corrosive is reworked or it's changed to an armor strip. Elemental Sandstorm is still kind of bad because Sandstorm itself is bad and has a habit of throwing enemies out of your range, and actually can't pick up targets at a lower elevation than you which feels like a bug and has been in the game roughly forever.

Some people have weird takes, though. People saying Furious Javelin is bad, I don't understand.

The only one that I might consider using from that list is ash's

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    WARFRAME AUGMENT BUFFS

The only one that I might consider using from that list is ash's

Mending splinters and Furious Javelin are also pretty good.

Furious javelin was OK even before the change, it's just not used because I think people believe that it's additive damage. Like, adding 150% damage to your Primed Pressure point ain't much. But a +150% damage multiplier is pretty serious.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Furious Javelin is a separate damage Amp that doesn't count as a damage Amp for the purposes of Helminth. So you can use it with Roar or Eclipse and do some stupid levels of melee damage.

• Options
    mending splinters is silly because you can get a solid 5 stacks at least and 75 hp a second is great with adaptation

• Options
    Dessication's Curse is probably my favorite of the buffed augments because I like making swarm builds.

The biggest problem with a lot of augments is that they're support-oriented, and trying to play support in warframe is like herding kavats. Players just don't group together enough to be worth it.

• Options
    mending splinters is silly because you can get a solid 5 stacks at least and 75 hp a second is great with adaptation

And that's just baseline power strength. Throw an intensify on (which you're probably gonna do anyway to get that 90% reduction) and it gets even better.

Support Gara is legit but it can be frustrating to refresh it on your allies.

• Options

And that's just baseline power strength. Throw an intensify on (which you're probably gonna do anyway to get that 90% reduction) and it gets even better.

Tbh, juggling the bug is annoying enough that I don't even bother with self tanking gara most of the time. It really sucks to lose the buff you've been building for 10 minutes cause you were distracted for a few seconds

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Tbh, juggling the bug is annoying enough that I don't even bother with self tanking gara most of the time. It really sucks to lose the buff you've been building for 10 minutes cause you were distracted for a few seconds

If you're just using it for damage resistance (and possibly healing) it doesn't really matter that much if you lose the stacked damage. Or never build it up at all in the first place.

• Options
    support gara or not

gara reave is just gross and mending splinters doesn't get in the way

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Since I was closing in on Helminth rank 15, I decided to go on an infusion spree. Glowing Instinct kinda sucks compared to even just loot radar farming methods. In spite of the description, it likes to get stuck on already-scanned fragments. While the "short-lived" part of the description is dismayingly accurate. But I've got some new builds to play around with, anyway:

Aquablade Ash - To see how his passive does with this ability
    Gloom Banshee - For the crazy stun duration buff
    Dispensary Frost - Because I hate Zenurik AND consumables but like making anthropomorphic ice sculptures
    Spellbind Oberon - For the Midsommer Night's Dream connection, but also solid CC and support

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    9 year anniversary. we're old.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    The gift alerts are pointless if you already have the item, right?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Nope, because each comes with a free slot for the gift. Delete the extra item, keep the slot!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Nope, because each comes with a free slot for the gift. Delete the extra item, keep the slot!

Why would I delete something? I have like 8 Dex Furis, etc., lol

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

*changes Wisp Dex secondary colour*

Well. Someone at DE really likes Wisp butt.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Yeah a couple frames really throw their bodonkadonk at you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Yeah a couple frames really throw their bodonkadonk at you.

Wisp had a badonkadonk before Wisp Dex. Now it's illuminated Badonkadonk.

This discussion has been closed.