As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We've been playing [Animal Crossing] for how long now!?!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    So this happened today.

Would you like this to happen to you? Because Glosta is buying turnips at 610 bells this evening! You can visit at code 5B0QR until the shop closes...

...or maybe later because Glosta is also having a meteor shower tonight. Come get your Capricorn wish on!

EDIT: Celeste is hanging out at the head of Snake River, at the campsite south of the Amusement Park.

Closing up, gotta do a couple of other daily tasks before turning in tonight.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Happy New Year, Crossers! The second Anniversary of New Horizon’s launch is trundling our way! How has NH been treating you since the update? Will you make it to launch day, or have you already put the game aside again?

My fiancée has gone really hard into the game since the update even though we haven’t picked up the DLC yet, mostly on crafting. She was having trouble with the controls, but for some reason they clicked with her this time and she just runs around all day crafting and collection materials. It’s to the point where I actually don’t get to play much because she’s bogarting the switch!

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm going to have Marshall in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants to arrange to come over and invite him to your town. I know he's popular and used to be worth big bells but I'm not going to figure out how to sell him on the underground market. He might not even be popular anymore idk.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    There is a subreddit called NoFeeAC. It’s for giving stuff away, and just generally being cool.

I’m SURE you’ll find someone there who desperately wants him.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Ah I'll check it out. I found the AC trade subreddit but I honestly don't really want bells or nook tickets or anything in return.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Once again I am going to skip out getting turnips this week because the game is playing low buy in low payout for the last three weeks. I know I will regret it as usual

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I don't know if anyone else has come across this, and I probably should have asked first, but our second Switch arrived today, mostly because my wife wanted to start a new island in Animal Crossing without wiping out what she and I had made together, and (more importantly) be able to poach the villagers she wants that we already have.

Is it just a case of setting up her Nintendo profile on the new Switch, starting up a new island and going from there? It won't remove her from our shared island on the original Switch, but she can log me in so she can then come visit and stealconvince islanders to swap over and stuff.

I'm assuming none of her collections like bugs or fossils will carry over either?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I had an open plot so I went villager hunting today. I was looking for a peppy or sisterly type since I have none in my town right now. I used 37 nook mile tickets and you wouldn’t believe how many times I ran into the same villager. I saw Ava, Peck, Queenie, Bruce, and Hamphrey twice. Hamphrey I saw twice in a row. I went to an island, he was there, I went to the next island and it was him again.

Anyway I invited Deidre to my island with two tickets to spare.

Edit: Oh yeah I saw Sherb twice as well.

Taya on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else has come across this, and I probably should have asked first, but our second Switch arrived today, mostly because my wife wanted to start a new island in Animal Crossing without wiping out what she and I had made together, and (more importantly) be able to poach the villagers she wants that we already have.

Is it just a case of setting up her Nintendo profile on the new Switch, starting up a new island and going from there? It won't remove her from our shared island on the original Switch, but she can log me in so she can then come visit and stealconvince islanders to swap over and stuff.

I'm assuming none of her collections like bugs or fossils will carry over either?

Yup, she will be starting over from scratch. I did that for my kid and all of their stuff and villager is still safe and sound in the island we started. She will be able to come over and swap stuff. The one thing you all can't do is use her old villager and new villager online at the same time if it's the same Nintendo account on the new Switch.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    McFodder wrote: »

It's very complicated!

Here is Nintendo's article about it: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53668/~/how-to-transfer-animal-crossing:-new-horizons-save-data#DT:t1-q1a2EP:t1-q1a2-c

You will also need another copy of ACNH for the new switch.

She can't move if she's the resident rep.

She WILL keep her house, catalog, critterpedia, DIY recipes, DLC progress etc etc etc.

She probably should not try to have a character "resident" on both islands.

In the end, she will be the new resident rep on the new switch's copy of ACNH.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Thanks folks, she is happy to be starting over on the new Switch (which is lucky, since she's the island resident) but it's nice to know it won't effect her character on 'our' island at all. She's grabbed a digital copy of AC since the new Switch will mostly be for her to play this, and us both to use for RingFit, since it'll be in the front room where there is more space. At least if she wants to transfer anything over it'll be easy enough for her to log me in on the original island.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    I was curious if you start up your island late night {2am or later] are there no special visitors? or?

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Depends on the visitor, most stay until the day rolls over at 5 AM. A few leave earlier, I think only Lief and Kicks, who leave when Nook's Cranny closes at 10 PM.

• Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Got the most annoying achievement this week
    9avxy2f56smd.png

Also picked up Netting Better (catch 5 wasps in a row) leaving me with 4 achievements left to get:

Deep Dive: 1860/2500 sea creatures caught
    Popular Pen Pal: 180/200 letters sent
    KK Mania: 95/100 KK concerts
    Birthday Celebration: 19/20 birthday parties

Jitter's birthday is on the 2nd to complete the birthday one and sending 20 letters shouldn't take too long. I'm grinding about 100 sea creatures a day so should be done with that in a week, then it just waiting for my last 5 KK concerts and I'm done (with achievements anyway, haven't even finished HHP). Annoying that I'll still probably have the musuem left to complete unless Redd coughs up the last three statues I need.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Lunar New Year is on February 1 this year, but NH still hasn't made the seasonal items available again, wonder if they neglected it in the version 2 update? Be a shame if they did, I appreciated the game's subdued acknowledgement last year, even kept a "tiger" villager on my island to see if they had anything to say like the cow villager did.

Edit: Oh, they finally showed up today. But with LNY only two days away and a daily limit of five Nook Shopping orders, a new player won't be able to order enough lucky envelopes/pouches for a full island and also order a decoration in time for the day, if they wanted to.

homogenized on
  • Options
    KICKS!

It doesn't do anything but look cool, sadly.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Kicks sold me a friggin' sword not long ago.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    TBF, jet packs are kinda redundant when we have access to Iron Man style power armor.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Kicks sold me a friggin' sword not long ago.

I know as I got a two hander to drop from a balloon but I got a luxury car to drop from one as well?

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    KICKS!

It doesn't do anything but look cool, sadly.

Goes well with my spacesuit though.

Also, sun nin fai lok everyone!

homogenized on
  • Options
    I like to go to the music festival on HHP and just… chill there for like an hour.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    edited February 2022
    Hello PA G&T ANCH ACNH thread!

I got this game for Christmas this year and have been fairly addicted to it since then. I just ordered my second house expansion (third? The second additional room), and have like…7 villagers maybe?

I also picked up the vacation DLC recently, mainly for the new items.

So my native fruit is apples, my mom mailed me a peach, and I got coconuts from mystery islands. Would anyone be able to help me acquire the others? I was just about ready to venture out into the dark of The Internet and suddenly remembered that this thread was right here.

Also this is me, saying hello from Rave Reef
    06jp9spjdgh7.jpeg

kaceyp on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The art wing of the Glosta Museum is perilously close to completion! We lack only the following:

Nice Painting
    Great Statue
    Robust Statue

(As an aside, there are no fakes of two of these. Get bent, Redd.)

We do have a healthy(?) surplus for trades:

Statues
    Familiar x2
    Informative
    Rock-head
    Warrior

Paintings
    Academic
    Basic
    Common
    Famous
    Flowery
    Jolly
    Moody
    Moving
    Quaint
    Scary x2
    Serene x2
    Sinking
    Twinkling
    Wistful
    Wild (right)
    and a Warm arriving tomorrow

Let's get this done!

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Once again I am going to skip out getting turnips this week because the game is playing low buy in low payout for the last three weeks. I know I will regret it as usual

So I skipped out on a few weeks of getting Turnips because I was tired of the game playing with me refusing overall to give a good rate [for the previous weeks it basically would start in the 90's and ratchet down over the week ended up in the low 40's or mid 30's}

My brother talked me into getting it with the theory of it's his birthday this week so there will be a good rate
    At 168 I asked if he wanted to cash out half or such he reiterated with being his birthday it should give a good rate {71 was the next highest}
    I never heard of the theory being someone's birthday gets a high rate and I don't believe the one about predictions for the week because all too often I see the ratcheting price

• Options
    It’s done. I’ve got all the nook miles achievements!

• Options
    The art wing of the Glosta Museum is perilously close to completion! We lack only the following:

Nice Painting
    Great Statue
    Robust Statue

Statues
    Familiar x2
    Informative
    Rock-head
    Warrior

Paintings
    Academic
    Basic
    Common
    Famous
    Flowery
    Jolly
    Moody
    Moving
    Quaint
    Scary x2
    Serene x2
    Sinking
    Twinkling
    Wistful
    Wild (right)

Let's get this done!

I’ve just got a genuine robust statute today if you want to trade for the rock head? Don’t think I’ve got the other you need but will check.

• Options
    Cullen wrote: »

Nice Painting
    Great Statue
    Robust Statue

Statues
    Familiar x2
    Informative
    Rock-head
    Warrior

Paintings
    Academic
    Basic
    Common
    Famous
    Flowery
    Jolly
    Moody
    Moving
    Quaint
    Scary x2
    Serene x2
    Sinking
    Twinkling
    Wistful
    Wild (right)

Let's get this done!

I’ve just got a genuine robust statute today if you want to trade for the rock head? Don’t think I’ve got the other you need but will check.

I'm just about to log in for the day so I'll get that in the mail.

• Options
    @Vyolynce robust statue and nice painting are in the post. Thanks for the rockhead statue. I just need the gallant statue - I guess we are both stuck on one now :)

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Festivale didn't get anything new, it seems. Not very surprising, but still a bit disappointing.

• Options
    So I thought why not it was 90 to buy Turnips last week and once again it did the ratchet down pricing starting at 92 all the way down to 38
    I don't use reddit but seeing the turnip exchange there is a lot better than what the other exchange turned into. Still I feel though I sold at a massive loss the game wanted me to take the hit since it was doing that same pricing structure every week I bought in
    I am probably not going to buy turnips for sometime because of it

• Options
    So I thought why not it was 90 to buy Turnips last week and once again it did the ratchet down pricing starting at 92 all the way down to 38
    I don't use reddit but seeing the turnip exchange there is a lot better than what the other exchange turned into. Still I feel though I sold at a massive loss the game wanted me to take the hit since it was doing that same pricing structure every week I bought in

There is a pattern to the, um.. patterns. If you have a descending week, then the following week is better. Also buying low is often a trap. The higher the island buy price, usually that means a higher sell price during the week also.

This week, enter your prices into a calculator like https://ac-turnip.com/ and see what happens. If you track your stuff for a few weeks, you'll be able to know when the "good" weeks are.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Man I wish there were more then 10 villagers per town. Seeing cool ones at the campsite when your town is full is tilting.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Okay so I’m about a month into new horizons and I love it . The only negatives are :

I miss cranky villagers being jerks at first ( I think this went away for new leaf so not a new thing )
    I miss villager interactions leading to the villagers getting sad/angry/happy for a few minutes.
    I kinda miss the characters who don’t have a role anymore like the pelican sisters /Tortimer / the guard dogs but I understand why they aren’t here

And I still think that wild world had the best music though this one has some real good music

Minor nitpicks and I got used to stuff breaking . Everything else is gold.

• Options
    Okay so I’m about a month into new horizons and I love it . The only negatives are :

I miss cranky villagers being jerks at first ( I think this went away for new leaf so not a new thing )
    I miss villager interactions leading to the villagers getting sad/angry/happy for a few minutes.
    I kinda miss the characters who don’t have a role anymore like the pelican sisters /Tortimer / the guard dogs but I understand why they aren’t here

And I still think that wild world had the best music though this one has some real good music

The villagers WILL get moody sometimes. They’re so dang cute when they’re stomping around mad. Or just dancing and singing. It’s rare, but does happen.

• Options
    akjak wrote: »

There is a pattern to the, um.. patterns. If you have a descending week, then the following week is better. Also buying low is often a trap. The higher the island buy price, usually that means a higher sell price during the week also.

This week, enter your prices into a calculator like https://ac-turnip.com/ and see what happens. If you track your stuff for a few weeks, you'll be able to know when the "good" weeks are.

I know that but the higher prices I have seen are often in the same cycle of low buybacks lately
    I am not going to buy turnips for sometime as no matter what I bought them at it was a ratchet down pricing that is why i thought it wanted me to take a loss
    I know there is an app as my brother defers to it when seeing the day to day week to week as he also feels the game was forcing us to take a loss for once

I don't like the generic personality of the animals as I liked the cranky ones the divas the snooty ones {I loved Vivian in the previous AC games for having that high handed attitude seeing her with the generic one is disapointing}

• Options

If two villagers wander near each other they might start a conversation; if you don't butt in there's a good chance their mood will change when they're done. If you talk to either one after you'll get dialogue based on the mood, but immediately after both villagers will return to neutral.

• Options

If two villagers wander near each other they might start a conversation; if you don't butt in there's a good chance their mood will change when they're done. If you talk to either one after you'll get dialogue based on the mood, but immediately after both villagers will return to neutral.

That’s a weird change but good to know.

• Options
    Now I will cast doubt on the theory that buying high and a trend of low prices leads to high payouts
    I was mad about the very low week last week and just my general sour attitude from work. I did not play from sunday night until wednesday morning. I time warped it back to 11 on sunday saw turnips were 126 and throughout the week it seesawed between in the morning 110ish to low 70ish until Sunday where low rate of 130 was my high

• Options
    Now I will cast doubt on the theory that buying high and a trend of low prices leads to high payouts
    I was mad about the very low week last week and just my general sour attitude from work. I did not play from sunday night until wednesday morning. I time warped it back to 11 on sunday saw turnips were 126 and throughout the week it seesawed between in the morning 110ish to low 70ish until Sunday where low rate of 130 was my high

Sounds like the fluctuating pattern , typically you get a good one afterwards.

• Options

Sounds like the fluctuating pattern , typically you get a good one afterwards.

It's been fluctuating for weeks/months