As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All the [Love]ly people

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The amount of dates I had this go round has absolutely never happened to me before. I was surprised by it myself. Usually I'm lucky if I can get one actual face to face date out of a month or so of using the ole dating apps.

As for the other thing I dunno. Maybe? I just realized things were starting to move faster than I was comfortable with and she was getting really attached despite my resistance to it and that freaked me out. It just felt really sudden. And also, holy shit I am so tired. Making the time for another person was proving to be extremely difficult and the very, very, very few "self care" things I've got going on started to suffer because of it. So I felt like I was not going to be able to be as avaliable as she was apparently going to need me to be.

Anyway, I'll stop complaining about it. It's off my back now and there's no need for me to rehash it a bunch and muck up the thread.

From this and some of the other threads, would it be possible to move back home for a while and work on what you want to do? Whether it be school, or training or certifications for a job that wouldn't absolutely crush you?

To answer this question: no not really.

My borderline hoarder sibling has packed both their room and my old room with so much trash they're practically un-livable and are going to require weeks of work to clean. The only place I have to sleep back home is the couch which currently has some random asshole named Ghost living on it for an indefinite period of time.

So really, even if I wanted to, moving back home isn't really an option right now.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The amount of dates I had this go round has absolutely never happened to me before. I was surprised by it myself. Usually I'm lucky if I can get one actual face to face date out of a month or so of using the ole dating apps.

As for the other thing I dunno. Maybe? I just realized things were starting to move faster than I was comfortable with and she was getting really attached despite my resistance to it and that freaked me out. It just felt really sudden. And also, holy shit I am so tired. Making the time for another person was proving to be extremely difficult and the very, very, very few "self care" things I've got going on started to suffer because of it. So I felt like I was not going to be able to be as avaliable as she was apparently going to need me to be.

Anyway, I'll stop complaining about it. It's off my back now and there's no need for me to rehash it a bunch and muck up the thread.

From this and some of the other threads, would it be possible to move back home for a while and work on what you want to do? Whether it be school, or training or certifications for a job that wouldn't absolutely crush you?

My borderline hoarder sibling has packed both their room and my old room with so much trash they're practically un-livable and are going to require weeks of work to clean. The only place I have to sleep back home is the couch which currently has some random asshole named Ghost living on it for an indefinite period of time.

So really, even if I wanted to, moving back home isn't really an option right now.

ah geez, I forgot you got ghosted

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    navigating communication with texting is tricky because everyone is different and i think you need to talk about it
    some of my best friends will just.. not respond to any texts for weeks lol
    some people respond immediately

and obv way trickier in romantic relationships

i been watching too much seinfeld as background tv lol no cell phones it's weird
    In my opinion that's really the best way to do it. Like, you meet somebody and are friends for a while so you kind of get an idea of who they are before you start to know them romantically.

Dating apps can throw you straight into the romance phase which I posit is an entirely different ball game. You're getting to know them romantically while also palying catch up on getting to know them as a person and a lot of the times when you start to get parity between those two types of familiarity you realize that they aren't a good match.

The big issue is if you're very busy or don't have a big enough social circle that meeting people organically is extremely difficult if not downright impossible.

this is interesting and a good point
    i finally met someone at a party, friend of a friend, who i am interested in, and i've seen irl like... twice and am trying to navigate this, i wanna get to know this person and hang out more with the possibility of romance and figuring that out is interesting and tricky

but i avoided dating until i was like 25 (which at this point is near a decade ago but still) and basically only did it on apps, and yeah that's really tricky! there's pressure to get romantic fast and have chemistry immediately but it takes time
    but it's all i'm used to

and it has not been v successful lmao

poo
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I want to be clear I am not this Ghost

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

that's what a ghost would say

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

but jugg that couch has been dead for FOURTY YEARS

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Well, duh, juggs said he was like 20, not grey

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I've never had an experience via dating app that rated above "okay"

rock bottom is the one where they stabbed me with a steak knife

the best had some Mountain Goats demos I'd never heard before, but they kissed like a fish. mwap mwap mwap

edit: second best was the girlfriend of a guy I know. we matched and she texted me like "oh god don't tell Josh"

Depressperado on
  • Options

what the actual fuck

i have to assume you were dressed like and making the love call of the north American steak at the time

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

the best had some Mountain Goats demos I'd never heard before, but they kissed like a fish. mwap mwap mwap

edit: second best was the girlfriend of a guy I know. we matched and she texted me like "oh god don't tell Josh"

I don’t know how many times we have to tell you this, D, but Murdr is not a dating app and Merdr is not for humans.

(But srsly, that sucks.)

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Magic Pink wrote: »

what the actual fuck

i have to assume you were dressed like and making the love call of the north American steak at the time

I was nervous 'cause they were a total snack, but had those super intense open too wide crazy eyes

we got drunk at her apartment which wasn't a great start, but she started telling me all these awful stories about her childhood and I was like "oh man, I can't do this."
    when she tried to lead me to the bedroom, I was all "I wanna get to know you first" etc.

did not take it well.

I might also have mentioned that telling some nobody, in explicit detail, how you were sexually abused is not good foreplay talk

edit:
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I don’t know how many times we have to tell you this, D, but Murdr is not a dating app and Merdr is not for humans.

(But srsly, that sucks.)

shit I just got the Merdr joke

Depressperado on
  • Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular

what the actual fuck

I was nervous 'cause they were a total snack, but had those super intense open too wide crazy eyes

we got drunk at her apartment which wasn't a great start, but she started telling me all these awful stories about her childhood and I was like "oh man, I can't do this."
    when she tried to lead me to the bedroom, I was all "I wanna get to know you first" etc.

did not take it well.

I might also have mentioned that telling some nobody, in explicit detail, how you were sexually abused is not good foreplay talk

edit:

(But srsly, that sucks.)

Oh man. I had a first date off an app and within 10 minutes of meeting her she said "tell me all of your traumas." And I was like ehhhh, but she was really pushing for me to tell her all the worst things that had ever happened to me. Not sure what she was hoping for tbh!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    notya wrote: »

what the actual fuck

did not take it well.

edit:

(But srsly, that sucks.)

Oh man. I had a first date off an app and within 10 minutes of meeting her she said "tell me all of your traumas." And I was like ehhhh, but she was really pushing for me to tell her all the worst things that had ever happened to me. Not sure what she was hoping for tbh!

I've seen that sort of ethos crop up as like, an anti- small talk thing, start off with the biggest thing you can, it'll break the ice better than talking about favorite movies or whatever

I do not agree with it, but I am very pro small talk

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I have had one date come from a dating thing (It was on Match) and we talked for like 45 minutes on AOL IM (you can probably tell this was A While Ago) before deciding to meet. Anyway she had an iron cross tattoo on each of her collarbones so I escaped through the bathroom window like I was in an episode of Friends.

• Options

what the actual fuck

did not take it well.

edit:

(But srsly, that sucks.)

Findr would’ve worked, too.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    god, nazis ruin everything

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Dr Cardy has some good advice for the love thread

https://youtu.be/TUlxth701GM

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    "it's cheese dip not queso"

Me "sure, but queso means cheese in spanish doesn't it?

"Only people from Texas call it queso."

Ok...

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »

Ok...

Queso has a very specific meaning when used as an English word. It's cheese that's liquid at room temperature.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Ok...

Queso has a very specific meaning when used as an English word. It's cheese that's liquid at room temperature.

K, so?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's queso when it belongs to you, otherwise it's nacho cheese.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    It has to come from the Queso region of France

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    They queso'd on the boat

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It's like "Chai".

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    It's like "Chai".

I've never met a manic pixie dream girl named "Queso"

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Ok...

I hate everyone in this conversation.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    look just give me queso

this isn't a difficult problem to solve

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    real weird to say that's what texans call it when texans don't even believe in flavor

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    explosive ordnance disposal

• Options
    quesosive ordnance disposal

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I also used the nacho cheese pun, but I don't expect to hear back from here. Not a lot to go on in the profile

• Options
    My favorite queso is Velveeta mixed with Rotel, and then you toss in some sausage.

Goes great on cup-style tortilla chips or the big scoop Fritos.

• Options
    I like to make microwave nachos and then put lots of salsa and sour cream on them and crunch them up with a fork and turn it into a big sloppy mess and then just go to town on it

it's how I know I'm broken inside

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Fuck, I want a big old styrofoam take out box stacked with nachos now

and then another one stacked with carne asada fries.

sarukun on
  • Options
    My favorite queso is Velveeta mixed with Rotel, and then you toss in some sausage.

this is some nostalgia right here

also some major tell me you grew up with a white mother and were poor without telling me you grew up with a white mother and were poor

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

this is some nostalgia right here

also some major tell me you grew up with a white mother and were poor without telling me you grew up with a white mother and were poor

velveeta was high quality cheese when i was growing up, we could never afford it just that huge block of free gubmint cheese but damn that stuff was good

• Options
    edited March 2022
    so I'm a minister now, I guess.

I am gonna get my sister married

possibly start a church

I became a crystal healer and my ministry was to the sick

edit: I bought a fucking cassock for this, gonna look dope. also it came with a parking pass (what?) and a press pass (what?)

I surely won't abuse them

g9Ruktv.gif

Depressperado on
  • Options
    so I'm a minister now, I guess.

I am gonna get my sister married

possibly start a church

I became a crystal healer and my ministry was to the sick

ooo bless me papa depdep

• Options