As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Totes!

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I believe the story was they were willing to release him if they couldn't find a trade.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Your long national nightmare begins anew

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    He has to have gotten hacked

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    He’s not drinking gallons of water each day and not eating tomatoes to just sit at home selling snake oil

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Your long national nightmare begins anew
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    I don't really care who wins CIN / TEN, I like the story either way. Titans are kinda due and the idea of the Bengals breaking their drought and going all the way is just a great story.

Otherwise I'm pretty much rooting for the road teams, and if the NFC goes Bucs / Packers, I'll probably root for the AFC team this year.

I don't even hate Brady I just don't really care and am ready for him to retire and honestly if back-to-back SBs gets the job done then okay sure give 'im the ring.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really don't think Brady is the kind of guy to bow out gracefully. He'll keep playing as long as he keeps winning.

Edit: to be clear, I don't mean that in a negative way. He just seems like the type who wants to push things for as long as possible to see exactly how far he can go.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    He has to have gotten hacked

I wish.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/nfl-2022-tom-brady-retirement-return-tampa-bay-buccaneers-reaction-tweet-rob-gronkowski/news-story/a24919b1645e8e71cf0e79fa9d43a1a5
    "BREAKING: Legendary QB Tom Brady backflips on retirement in NFL bombshell"

Honestly, I don't think you can call an at best 50/50 event a "bombshell".

Only surprising thing is it being announced now. He's a pretty substantial media whore, and the world's pretty preoccupied.

I guess he can't really keep it secret if he doesn't want the Bucs to find a replacement, or firesale their important assets in a rebuild.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I mean, that could still be his last TD ball……

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Dudes gonna have to Brett Favre his way out, isn't he?

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    edited March 2022
    Roethlisberger now gets his HOF ceremony to himself.

EDIT- I mean, there'll be a half-dozen others inducted, but if Brady was there, noone would pay any attention to Ben. Whereas now, Ben will be the main attraction event.

MorganV on
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    MorganV wrote: »
    Roethlisberger now gets his HOF ceremony to himself.

I hope the folks over at, Defector, destroys Tom.

I especially look forward to Drew Magary's ether of takes, for the ol Fancy DOG.

Ticaldfjam on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/33495979/source-minnesota-vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-gets-35-million-extension
    "Source: Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins agrees to one-year, $35 million extension"

This is an extension on his current contract which would have had him playing through this year. That means he'll be with the Vikings through 2023.

So, my condolences, Vikings fans.

EDIT - Oh, and if you think the Vikings might be doing it to shore up the strength of a trade, apparently the contract includes a no-trade clause for Cousins. So unless he's going somewhere special, Minnesota are stuck with him.

MorganV on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    They specifically brought in a coach he worked with back in Washington and with the extension they save almost 15 million. Really the only thing they can do, I thought I heard they were in pretty bad cap hell.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    While I'm not surprised he's going to play more, I do wish Brady could have done us all the favor of overshadowing Roethlisberger's induction.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    The Kirk deal is fine, it's not like he's a massive albatross and they aren't in a position to get an upgrade at the position regardless.

That said, Kirk is an absolute legend at the bank. Nearly a quarter billion dollars in career salary, much of it fully guaranteed on short-term deals.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    The Kirk deal is fine, it's not like he's a massive albatross and they aren't in a position to get an upgrade at the position regardless.

That said, Kirk is an absolute legend at the bank. Nearly a quarter billion dollars in career salary, much of it fully guaranteed on short-term deals.

Yeah, despite not actually being good, he was good enough to dupe a whole bunch of people into giving him a whole buttload of money.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So, Kaep is in the 'best shape of his life' and Seattle is going to take a look at him.

• MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    knitdan wrote: »
    They put a team in Vegas

Unless they have proof players are affecting the outcome of games to benefit a gambling position, what players do on their own time is none of the league's business.

No, it's not. This stuff is agreed upon and ratified by the NFLPA. Maintaining the integrity of the sport is literally the players' business. It's not even just the players, no NFL personnel are allowed to gamble on football. Until the draft becomes compulsory, nobody is in the NFL against their wishes. Part of entering that world is giving up your right to gamble on games.

I don't see an integrity issue with a player betting on games he cannot affect.

Monwyn on
    uH3IcEi.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Yeah, despite not actually being good, he was good enough to dupe a whole bunch of people into giving him a whole buttload of money.
    Kirk is ok. He's not bad. He's not in the 10 worst. He generally won't lose you a won game, but he also won't win you a lost game.

So, Kaep is in the 'best shape of his life' and Seattle is going to take a look at him.
    If he is in playing shape. I don't hate it. But 6 years is a lot of time. And the NFL is very fast.

zepherin wrote: »
    If he is in playing shape. I don't hate it. But 6 years is a lot of time. And the NFL is very fast.

Yeah best shape only goes so far. He'll need time to get use to the speed and grind of the NFL again. It would be nice for Seattle to sign him to the practice squad or as 3rd QB backup so he can get an offseason with a team. He's 34, but being out of the league, he doesn't have the pounding other 34 year old QB's have.

Trajan45 wrote: »

Yeah best shape only goes so far. He'll need time to get use to the speed and grind of the NFL again. It would be nice for Seattle to sign him to the practice squad or as 3rd QB backup so he can get an offseason with a team. He's 34, but being out of the league, he doesn't have the pounding other 34 year old QB's have.

It's Seattle. With no OL, they'll be playing flag football rules and cannot rush until they count three Mississippi.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Mitch to Stillers, or so I hear.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kaep is not playing ever again, Seattle wouldn't put him on the practice squad.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kaep is not playing ever again, Seattle wouldn't put him on the practice squad.

Also, some Hawk Fans outside of King County, would riot at the thought of Kap on the Seahawks. Blue lives matter and all that.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Mitch to Stillers, or so I hear.

I still think Watson goes there somehow cause we already know how that fan base handles QBs who sexually assault women and settle without being charged

I'd be surprised if Watson goes anywhere unless the Texans demands go down. Last I heard they wanted 3 first round picks and 2-3 blue chip players.

The Steelers are probably in a decent position as they could add one of their WR's, but I can't see any team trading all that for a player who still might be suspended by the NFL.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    man, fuck tom brady

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular

Kirk is ok. He's not bad. He's not in the 10 worst. He generally won't lose you a won game, but he also won't win you a lost game.

Playing shape doesn't even matter. Has he bothered to fix his throwing motion? Or how he immediately forgets how to read a defense the second he starts getting hit? Or how to actually avoid pressure without running directly into his own linemen?

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »

Playing shape doesn't even matter. Has he bothered to fix his throwing motion? Or how he immediately forgets how to read a defense the second he starts getting hit? Or how to actually avoid pressure without running directly into his own linemen?

Can you name a white back up QB that has fixed those problems?

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Can you name any available QB that has fixed those problems?

dlinfiniti wrote: »
    man, fuck tom brady

You mean, "FUCKTOMB"!

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Can you name any available QB that has fixed those problems?

Any QB period. Even TB12 and Mahomes can start playing like scared morons after taking a couple shots to the mouth.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Pretty gross that as soon as the criminal proceedings against Watson appear to have been dismissed, sports media are tripping over themselves to talk about trade rumors, salary cap hits and iS hE A top 5 qB?!

Let'$ make $ure everyone wear$ pink though $o we can $how how much we care about women. I'm all for due process and innocent until proven guilty, but damn does this come off bad.

Pretty gross that as soon as the criminal proceedings against Watson appear to have been dismissed, sports media are tripping over themselves to talk about trade rumors, salary cap hits and iS hE A top 5 qB?!

Let'$ make $ure everyone wear$ pink though $o we can $how how much we care about women. I'm all for due process and innocent until proven guilty, but damn does this come off bad.

Yup. I get it's news, and I understand why it's reported. But anyone who reports it in a gleeful manner, can go and get well and truly fucked.

I don't know what the financing/funding for the pink ribbon stuff is, especially how much they'd lose, but I'm wondering if those non-profits would be better publicly telling the NFL to go fuck itself.

Just because he hasn't been charged, doesn't mean he's innocent. And even if he didn't technically break the law, he's clearly an unapologetic serial creep.

The amount of games I watch year after year is steadily dropping, for a variety of reasons. Don't watch Pats games. Don't watch Cowboys games. Won't watch Washington games if they're playing well. Didn't (and won't again) watch Bucs games. Don't watch Buckman games (frees up my Monday nights now). Can add any team Watson goes to. Fuck them.

Sports Turds

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular

I can't think of a more Vikings attitude then that. Kirk is perfect for them.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Kirk is also the epitome of Midwest Nice that smiles warmly while killing you with conversion therapy

Captain Inertia on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I see the seahawks have acquired Drew Lock, thank god that's a done deal, welcome your new super bowl champs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Drew Lock was the "please take this" part of the RDub trade.

Or they realize that Lock has a better chance of taking them to last place whereas Geno Smith could potentially drag them to 3-5 wins.