As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Underground Tour

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2022 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Underground Tour

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    I know nothing of the Gran Turismo series since GT2 on the first Playstation. Would someone mind going into a little detail about the scenario with this Luca figure?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • SolaceInRageSolaceInRage Registered User regular
    I sometimes just read the comic and run, but today's text section genuinely made me laugh in that wheezy "I can't get the air I need for this" way, super glad I clicked through.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I know nothing of the Gran Turismo series since GT2 on the first Playstation. Would someone mind going into a little detail about the scenario with this Luca figure?

You spend more time clicking through textboxes with luca's floating clipart head telling you the history of cars than racing. It's uh...an interesting design choice.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    What I'm wondering is what is the narrative reason for it? Is he supposed to be the owner of a racing team you've joined? Is he the host of a show and you play as a guest/contestant?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Check out the GTA twitch G&T did for more car fucking:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1420637633?filter=archives&sort=time

H9f4bVe.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ that news post is hilarious. I had to read half of it out loud to my partner because I was laughing so hard and she wanted to know what was going on.

• palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Yes, it Should be illegal to trap someone and make them listen to your GTA talk XD

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

You spend more time clicking through textboxes with luca's floating clipart head telling you the history of cars than racing. It's uh...an interesting design choice.

I presume that assumption is that people who care more about racing cars than car history would have already chosen one of the many, many other alternatives.

• OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that news post is hilarious. I had to read half of it out loud to my partner because I was laughing so hard and she wanted to know what was going on.

I could *hear* his parent's social standing dying...hilariously.

• ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    The new site design is pretty cool! Is there a forum thread to share the remixes we've made?

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Showsni wrote: »
    The new site design is pretty cool! Is there a forum thread to share the remixes we've made?

Seconded

GqnUPlI.jpg

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    at one time in ancient history there was a comic edits thread

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    oh wow this one is seamless
    qteyOWA.jpg

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
    edited March 2022
    This one doesn't quite work:
    j5kc6muyq81i.jpg

This one flows pretty well though.
    9fz3m861zr1l.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    These random comics are amusing and all, but right now I'm mostly wondering how new threads will be created when we get a new comic. I don't see any link or button to comment on the comic page anymore?

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    This was the best edit I ever did (of https://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/04/18/the-end-times ):

calvinchewiedick.jpg

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    These random comics are amusing and all, but right now I'm mostly wondering how new threads will be created when we get a new comic. I don't see any link or button to comment on the comic page anymore?

I would like to second this motion. Also, it kinda sucks having to login everytime I go to a new page, and not staying logged in while looking at the comics.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited March 2022
    palidine40 wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »

I would like to second this motion. Also, it kinda sucks having to login everytime I go to a new page, and not staying logged in while looking at the comics.

I have no had that issue. Log in to clubPA/patreon or to the forums? Neither have been a problem for me.

Also: Perhaps a more appropriate place to talk about the lack of comic commenting:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/243973/comic-comments-gone-for-good

dennis on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    Oh my god.

Well, heck. The remixes can't be shared straight to a forum post!

i4sjryoqd5a1.jpg

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Oh my god.

Well, heck. The remixes can't be shared straight to a forum post!

Does it work if we link to each panel seaparately?

20111031-UAAhOAj4-p1.jpg20111017-pw9RyTXr-p2.jpg20120620-xD5CZbEs-p3.jpg

Someone posted this to twitter and both Mike and Jerry liked it:
    0flmh600pxnv.jpg

camo_sig2-400.png